• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Nice post, good information.

I am not a fan of using VG whatsoever with my products but I really enjoy vaping my concentrates with my portable vaporizers.

I prefer not to have vapor production, this offers more stealth and less waste too. Like you I can take three or more hits and get totally fried.

I have done quite a bit of comparing vaporizing straight oil vs. e-cannabis.

I have only used high quality RSO and high quality QWISO extracts all done with 99% isoporpyl and some winterized with 190 proof grain alcohol.

The device I choose to use the most is the KangerTech AeroTank. I really like how it has air control and draws the air from the outside of the tank, fully adjustable, dual coil, bottom fed. I like it on my SVD, but it is really nice on the Smoktech Magento mechanical vape with a high discharge EH IMR 18650 1600mAh, 30Amp battery.

If you look hard enough the information is all out there in one place like, My Experience with Portable Vaporizers (pen vaporizers) for Concentrated Cannabis Oil and E-Cigarette Oil.

I have been comparing the oils side by side. All around I prefer the e-cannabis oil. I must say that using a small mechanical vape with the KISS cart is very enjoyable.

Some QWISO

QushQWISOsamplereadytowinterize3-29-14047.jpg

KISS cart. Too bad they don't offer replacement heating coils though. Kind of makes it overpriced.
QWISO-KISSstrainselection2014_03290006.jpg

AeroTank on a SVD, variable voltage, variable wattage. E-cannabis (concentrate mixed with PG USP)
QWISOwinterized4strainsmixed4-2-14036.jpg

AeroTank after a couple of days of testing.
AeroTankstraightQWISO4-18-14021.jpg
How long are you washing with ISO? I've made some amazing stuff with like 10 second soaks with frozen materials/ISO. It doesn't separate from the PG?

Quetzalcoatl,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
How long are you washing with ISO? I've made some amazing stuff with like 10 second soaks with frozen materials/ISO. It doesn't separate from the PG?

When I am making QWISO for vaporizing I do a quick frozen wash. The timing all depends on how quickly the buds break apart. I do it as fast as I can.

The last wash I did, the buds broke down almost instantly. The first wash was about 20 seconds. A couple more washes after that which were about 10-20 seconds or so. That was used for a different batch.

For making RSO, I go longer. Especially if making the oil to treat a serious illness. I would probably go at least a minute for my first wash, same with the second, but if doing a third, very quick.

As for the PG separating, with the really clean oil that I have been using, it takes more than a month before any separation occurs. I infuse the PG USP with the oil using light heat.

Storing the mixed oil in a clearomizer can be bad especially with long wicks. The wicking will accelerate the separation because the oil likes to attach to the wicking. Still, it takes a while for that to happen.

I have old oil that has separated, if I know I am going to vape up what I am going to use within 3 to 5 days, I simply shake the container with the mixed oil. I haven't had any problems yet, but if I plan on it staying in a clearomizer for weeks, then I would add a little heat and mix it again before putting it into the clearomizer.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
So the best results come from mixing concentrates with ejuice while heating the concentrates to 190 c, or from diluting the concentrates with alcohol before adding pg.

From someone who has tried both which is more cost effective?

Instead of buying oil I am thinking of mixing my own from concentrates.

They are about ten dollars cheaper the gram.

thisperson,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
Well yes in my opinion, especially since there are some newer devices available for vaporizing what I call e-cannabis oil. Actually, with the new KangerTech AreoTank Mega, with a 1.5 ohm coil (ordered separately), I prefer to use an innokin SVD vape. Other APVs will function just as well. Even an eGo C Twist VV pen battery will work, it will be a bit awkward, but it will work.

I finally hit the point where I would have to say, using the devices I mention above, concentrate infused with PG USP medical/food grade, it can potentially exceed or match the potency of vaporizing the oil straight. At least with my oil and the devices I use. Vaping it straight, the buzz hits much faster and harder, but it is not nearly as consistent or enjoyable in my opinion. Vaping it mixed with PG USP in these devices, the buzz seems to last longer and is different, like the oil is not damaged. Just my opinion, (it slightly reminds me of eating RSO, which is kind of unpredictable when eaten).

Yes, I would mix your own if I were you. I like to add at least 30% PG USP to all my mixtures. With BHO-shatter, I have heard of people needing grain alcohol to assist in melting the concentrate. I have no experience working with BHO. With QWISO and RSO I have steered away from any grain alcohol being left. I like it only mixed with PG USP. With the new AeroTank Mega, and Mini it is by far the best experience I have had with vaping period. I have not used the mega and mini for very long though, they were just released, but first impression is they are the best I have used yet.

Purchase some plain PG USP medical/food grade (no additives, no VG, no nicotine, no sweetener). High Desert Vapes offers the PG USP theirs is Kosher and many other e-cigg shops have it too. They sell it so you can make your own e-cigg mixtures to your preference. Add minimal heat, super clean oil, some PG USP, mix well and you are good to go.

If you try it, please let us know how it works out as well as the percentage of loss or gain that you notice.

Some e-juice concentrate mixtures that my be sold in dispensaries might contain additional additives. Like different grades of PEG (polyethylene glycol) to help hold the infusion together for a longer period of time or even possibly VG, which I do not agree with.

With the new KangerTech units that are dual coil bottom fed and virtually no wick, oil that is stored in them will not separate as quickly. When I gently warm my concentrate and hand mix PG USP into it, very careful it is not too warm otherwise the PG USP as well as THC will just vaporize out. As long as the oil is going to be consumed within a month and it is good clean oil, it should not separate. A decent mixing has lasted me three months. I have had other mixtures separate sooner. I notice the top coil units with a lot of wicks, the oil seems to attach to the wicks if stored in them and the PG USP separates. I have seen this happen within 1-2 months.

Hope I have been able to help.

calimed

Has anyone found an atomizer that consistently works with thc juice? The bud sapphires work ok, except you have to burp the tanks every 5 hits, and tanks like the aspire nautilus work great for about a day before having wicking issues.

Cartomizers work well, such as the smok dual coils, but they are designed more as a disposable and can't take many refillings before it becomes harder to pull.

Has anyone tried dripping with THC juice on a sub-ohm RBA coil? I'm not sure how logical this is since it might be easier to make a mini dab rig.

My juices tend to be 3-4ml of PG per 1g of oil plus flavoring.

calimed,

smack2000

This has been an informative thread and I'll chime in with what I'm doing...

I'm using a Grand Vapor Trident RDA, single coil, .9 ohm, on a Cloupor DNA 30 Hana clone at 15 watts. I put about .1-.2g C02 oil directly on the coil good for about 20 hits. I use a single air hole config with the hole opposite the coil to avoid leakage. Hits like a truck. Using VV/VW is very useful to dial it in. Next for me is to get a Tugboat RDA as it seems to have the deepest well. I messed around with little vape pens and carts and did not enjoy vaping concentrates until I built this rig.

smack2000,

smack2000

@smack2000 welcome to fc! Tell us, what wick do you use?
Thanks!

No wick, I just use a syringe and put it directly onto the coil. I have the coil bent down as close to deck as I can get it. I'm excited to try out the Tugboat RDA because of the deep well, which I think will accommodate significantly more oil without getting too precarious. Everybody that's tried this has said it's significantly better than any other vaping rig they've used. I think direct access to a rebuildable coil and variable wattage are the keys.

Dr Freeze

Not having any concentrates, I tried an experiment based on the bubblehash production method, but using pg/vg instead of water... Crumble a small amount of good herb into a very small amount of liquid,
warm container in hot water to get a good soak, place in freezer, once nice and cold, stir... repeat freeze and stir until your liquid looks a nice gold color. It takes a day or two to get to this point, stop if the liquid starts to go green. Filter the lumps out, they are now unsmokable and ineffective. This produces a nice vape fluid with a faint flavour and almost no smell, It will not fry your brain on one puff (like the original weed did) but 20 puffs latter you will realize that you are now stoned. It is a very efficient method for "medicinal" doses, but not for those who love the rush or wish to consume a lot. It does not keep its potency for very long, a few weeks at most, but you can make a batch with as little as one j's worth.
For old pot heads giving up smoking, this is a seriously useful medicinal helper, only mix with very low nicotine level fluid, (none is better) or you will make your self feel sick. :)

Last edited:
Dr Freeze,

airwave

Hey guys,

I fell off for a bit, but I will look over this thread and provide updates soon. I'm stoked this thread has been helpful for many.

airwave,

Lili60

Great thread. I've been having success with CO2 extract from a pharmacy mixed with 1 dropper of the juice from Liquidizer, mixed in a shot glass set in a bowl of hot water. I've been using IClear 16 Ego Clearomizers with an eGo-CTwist battery, but after reading through this thread I'm about to try an Aerotank. My question is where do you set the voltage on the eGo Twist? I've been keeping it at around 4, is that optimal? Thanks for the help.

Lili60,

215z

@Lili60 My AerotankMini came with an 1.5ohm atomizer, I would start out at 3.3V.
The Mega comes with 2.0ohm head, 4V is a good start.

215z,

DrRishi

Just made a batch of qwiso using 10 gram of my own nicely cured bud.

First wash 20 seconds in 99% ISO
Second wash 30 seconds
Third 40 seconds

Each wash gave me an amber liquid with no hint of green.

For each of the washes when the ISO when evaporated (in a water bath) I added a few drops of PEG400. Thanks to this forum I got the PEG400/EJMix tip. I managed to source 200ml of PEG400 in Europe.

Once it was dissolved in the PEG400 I added PG and VG. Adding the VG did make the juice a little "cloudy" but it is still very clear and up until now it is not leaving a ring on the bottle.

From the 1,5ml I got in the first wash I experimented with various dilutions. At one part oil 3 parts PEG/PG/VG it was very powerful. I few bigs tokes and the effect was felt immediately. Since I am looking for a joint replacement (joints with tobacco) this was far too strong so I have gone back to a 1 to 10 mix. This means I can take 5/10 tokes and get pretty stoned.

So far no separation with the liquid. I have it loaded in a dripper, Aspire Nautilus and an EVOD Glass. All produce good vapour, flavour and effect.

Without this forum I would not have found the PEG400 so many thanks to the guys who pointed it out to me. It really does seem to be the key to dissolving QWISO into an eliquid.

Last edited:

northzinberg

My question may be dumb but once you have your QWISO extracted... what do you do with your PG? You heat your PG and QWISO mixed together and filter the particule after?

I saw a few videos showing an easier technic... you mix one cup of weed with one cup of PG into a mason JAR and you put your JAR into a pan with heating water (max 160f to avoid burning the weed) for 8hours. You filter the content and you let it cool down. You now have a PG/THC liquid that you can vape.

northzinberg,

215z

Yeah I've seen those videos too @northzinberg they are full of shit.
Using that tek, you get a flavorful liquid to vape that is rich in terpenes, but very little cannnabinoids. Granted, the terpenes themselves have therapeutic value, and vaping anything at all can be relaxing in itself. But you will never get more than a placebo high.

Try mixing your QWISO with some PG, watch it separate before your very eyes as it cools.

215z,

DrRishi

Yeah I've seen those videos too @northzinberg they are full of shit.
Using that tek, you get a flavorful liquid to vape that is rich in terpenes, but very little cannnabinoids. Granted, the terpenes themselves have therapeutic value, and vaping anything at all can be relaxing in itself. But you will never get more than a placebo high.

Try mixing your QWISO with some PG, watch it separate before your very eyes as it cools.
And that's why you mix it with some PEG400 or EJMix. I put the QWISO in a shot glass in a warm water bath. When it starts to melts add PEG400 or EJMix. Once dissolved you can add more PG to get your dilution level right. I have found adding VG makes the mixture cloudy.

northzinberg

And that's why you mix it with some PEG400 or EJMix. I put the QWISO in a shot glass in a warm water bath. When it starts to melts add PEG400 or EJMix. Once dissolved you can add more PG to get your dilution level right. I have found adding VG makes the mixture cloudy.

Starting with standard PG instead of EJMix wouldn't do the trick?

I saw ratio of 1:3 to 1:10... do you guys have a sweet spot? I'm not looking for a brick wall hard effect ;)

northzinberg,

DrRishi

If your concentrate is very pure it may mix with PG but experience shows that it usually separates without a lot of fancy (and expensive) homogenization. I would go with EJMix or PEG 400.

Still trying to work out a dilution. I think if you want to be knocked out in a few tokes then no more than 1:1. I am finding 1:10 a little too weak for a joint replacement. Next time I dilute some of my concentrate I will try 1:5. I want to be able to take 10-15 good tokes and feel the effects but not fall over. I used to put about 0.2 (bud) gram in each joint that I then shared with my wife.

DrRishi,

215z

Starting with standard PG instead of EJMix wouldn't do the trick?

I saw ratio of 1:3 to 1:10... do you guys have a sweet spot? I'm not looking for a brick wall hard effect ;)
Plain PG will not do the trick.

Use BHO:pEG in ratio of 3:1 to 1:1, depending on the consistency of your concentrate.

Then, dilute further with PG depending on your e-cig hardware. If your device produces bigger hits, you'll want more PG. It also depends if you want to chain-vape or need a one one-hitter-quitter.

Global1

Thanks 2clicker, I have two questions do you think my 2 ml of PG to 1 g of BHO is a good ratio? Also how long do you think it should take for the BHO to mix with the PG in the jar (5 min?)?

Edit: also i was wondering if any B&M stores have PG for sale or if i have to order it online. Can you suggest a vendor?
Curious if you are able to mix BHO with PG by itself successfully, is there any point to break down BHO with everclear, evape the everclear and then mix with PG for potency ?

mod note: Edited to remove irrelevant quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Global1,

215z

Curious if you are able to mix BHO with PG by itself successfully, is there any point to break down BHO with everclear, evape the everclear and then mix with PG for potency ?
BHO and PG mix when heated, and separates when returned to room temperature.

It works great if you can inject it while hot into a cartomizer. It will not separate within the polyfill batting.

It does not work if you fill it while hot into a tank. It will separate within the tank.

Winterized (dewaxed) BHO mixes better with PG at any temperature compared to the raw waxy stuff. But it still does not mix well enough for practical use.

If you are considering the cartomizer route, consider the luer lock 510 adapters so that you don't have to use a sryinge needle. No mess, precise dispensing, and no risk of damaging the coil. I have a mental block wrt vaping off polyfill batting, but millions of people out there puff on cartos all day every day.

215z,

northzinberg

BHO and PG mix when heated, and separates when returned to room temperature.

It works great if you can inject it while hot into a cartomizer. It will not separate within the polyfill batting.

It does not work if you fill it while hot into a tank. It will separate within the tank.

Winterized (dewaxed) BHO mixes better with PG at any temperature compared to the raw waxy stuff. But it still does not mix well enough for practical use.

If you are considering the cartomizer route, consider the luer lock 510 adapters so that you don't have to use a sryinge needle. No mess, precise dispensing, and no risk of damaging the coil. I have a mental block wrt vaping off polyfill batting, but millions of people out there puff on cartos all day every day.

If you mix your QWISO with ejmix and you add VG after, will it stick together or your ejmix will detach from your VG

northzinberg,

DrRishi

If you mix your QWISO with ejmix and you add VG after, will it stick together or your ejmix will detach from your VG
My experience is as soon as I add VG the solution gets cloudy. Although I love to have some VG in my mix I have decided for my special e juice I just use PG and PEG 400 (or EJMix).

Top Bottom