• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Lo

Combustion free since '09
You can find PG at cattle/feed stores, Tractor Supply Co. It is used with cattle. Be sure to get USP grade.

Can also order from Essential Depot: http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-Propylene-Glycol/Categories

[uote="arrr, post: 537185, member: 12295"]Thanks 2clicker, I have thats questions do you think my 2 ml of PG to 1 g of BHO is a good ratio? Also how long do you think it should take for the BHO to mix with the PG in the jar (5 min?)?

Edit: also i was wondering if any B&M stores have PG for sale or if i have to order it online. Can you suggest a vendor?

I get my PG oil from my local vape shop or head shop. I get flavored PG oil it taste Soo good. I have peach right now . It has a hint of BHO taste but thats what makes it good.
That ratio should be good . Im finding out that you can make it with more BHO than you think. Its realy trial an error. The BHO infuses so good. It takes like 5min for the bho to melt it takes a lil bit for it to mix all the way. Just watch it an use you best judgment. If you heat it to long the BHO will Loose its priorities. The tricomes will be damaged.
Im getting ready to make a new batch with what we call here , pheonix tears. Its old school hash oil. Past down from my Pops to me. Its a family recipe the cleanest ive ever seen. Ill post an update on how it came out.
Good luck Arrr. Hope I helped you out.[/quote]

Lo,

smatchimo55

absolutely. the first time i heated the oil first and then the carrier liquid and it took much longer to mix than when done in the opposite order. im always mixing shatter with ejmix. the shatter tends to stick to the glass when heated. im using very low heat.
thanks for the tip! i like how ejmix directions are exactly opposite lmao

smatchimo55,
Reactions: 2clicker

Campers Crumpet

What has been seen can not be unseen :|
I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this
-alcohol based tincture
-let alcohol vapor off to the angels
-mix with glycerine combo OR store bought e-liquid (I'm currently huffing on tutti fruity as I write)

I'm confident of success !!

Any input appreciated.

Campers Crumpet,

smatchimo55

I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this
-alcohol based tincture
-let alcohol vapor off to the angels
-mix with glycerine combo OR store bought e-liquid (I'm currently huffing on tutti fruity as I write)

I'm confident of success !!

Any input appreciated.

ive read of people using pure grain alcohol for this, just tonight actually while trying to figure out why my damned lemon / lime flavor wont mix with VG! (not water soluble, derp)

specifics i am not sure of, I have given up for now as I dont feel like going out in the rain for some : /

smatchimo55,

Campers Crumpet

ive read of people using pure grain alcohol for this, just tonight actually while trying to figure out why my damned lemon / lime flavor wont mix with VG! (not water soluble, derp)

specifics i am not sure of, I have given up for now as I dont feel like going out in the rain for some : /
What is the lemon / lime flavour that you are using ? Is this a e cig thing or an essence ?

Campers Crumpet,

smatchimo55

What is the lemon / lime flavour that you are using ? Is this a e cig thing or an essence ?

ya just some Lorann's lemon flavor mixed with lemonade and lime of the same brand for vaporizing in an e-cig mod. i was going to mix it in with this hawk sauce i got from mt baker vapor and try to come up with my own citrus soda flavor, shooting for what i imagine that kryptonite stuff to taste like lol.

the small bit i did get to vaporize tasted really really good. by the time i needed more the flavorings all separated. I read that it is best to use soluble flavorings , some of which not offered through loranns, but more DIY makers use other brands i guess.

If it needs to be done, I guess it's done with ethyl-something-or-other, or pure grain alcohol

Last edited:

Campers Crumpet

WIN for Camper
Note: @dorkus_molorkus

I had some yuk tasting tincture that was made from ABV and some other 'bit left in the bottle' tincs (after scouring the car, handbag, drawers, office...) that I gathered up to experiment with.
I poured it all into a glass dish and let it evaporate in a 250 Celsius oven for about 15min, I wanted a high temp to get past the 200c that the ABV flowers were vaped at (but I have no idea really if taking the temp up for this process makes any difference)
Cooked it down to a dirty looking honey- to make it sound prettier, I will call it mud honey.
Whilst still hot to warm, mixed in 5ml of vanilla flav e-liquid (11mg nicotine), mixed this about with a razor and poured the liquid off into the e-cig I've got as a spare. It's a $6 job, so nothing fancy.
Hey presto !! It works. I love it when I make shit and it works.
It's thick to suck on compared to the straight e-liquid. But fortunately it blows nice clouds and tastes of canna-vanilla.

I'm happy as a camper can be, a lovely little roady traveller for medicating.
Woot woot.

Last edited:

smatchimo55

sounds great. to preserve more potency make sure when you heat thc up it doesnt get much past 190 degrees, stuff starts activating a bit past that, but at that temp will keep everything nice and liquified while trying to evap any -ohols or -tanes

Campers Crumpet

**update** on my mixture I made up. (See above post for details)
It seems as though this clogs the e-cig. It works, but I had to add some additional glycol to thin it out, even then it's like trying to suck mud up a straw.
Worth a try, I won't do it again but. I might suck my own face in before I finish the cartomizer.

russomanno

Just received my "amber oil" in the mail and waiting for my ejmix to come in, should be a week or so. I'm really hoping this method works. I've tried SO many home made BHO with store bought e-juice mixes and have so many varied results. Sometimes it will mix and stay mixed, sometimes it will be strong and work, otherwise no high at all... I'm hoping that finally purchasing oil from a vendor and mixing with ejmix will solve my problems. I am using a joytech ecab. Fingers crossed and will keep everyone posted once I actually recieve my ejmix. A little nervous because the oil I have is extremely thick and sticky looking but oh well. Any advice or tips in advance would be great.

walrus

Just received my "amber oil" in the mail and waiting for my ejmix to come in, should be a week or so. I'm really hoping this method works. I've tried SO many home made BHO with store bought e-juice mixes and have so many varied results. Sometimes it will mix and stay mixed, sometimes it will be strong and work, otherwise no high at all... I'm hoping that finally purchasing oil from a vendor and mixing with ejmix will solve my problems. I am using a joytech ecab. Fingers crossed and will keep everyone posted once I actually recieve my ejmix. A little nervous because the oil I have is extremely thick and sticky looking but oh well. Any advice or tips in advance would be great.

In my experience, EJ mix has worked well with all types of concentrate. Shatter, wax, budder, sap,etc have all mixed to an even consistency. The mixes always vape well with no issues with separating or losing potency. Winterized concentrates vape the cleanest and are the least harsh on your ecig equipment. Oils that contain a lot of waxes still mix and vape beautifully but they gunk up your coils quicker and you will go through atomizers more frequently.

walrus,
Reactions: Shiggity

fernand

I just got a couple of O - Pen Vape Carts. Twenny Five bucks each, 250 mg, 0.5 g. They list PG as an ingredient and label the extraction process as CO2. Available in CA dispensaries. One is Master Kush Indica, the other a Space Queen Sativa. I presume the best technologies are used, though I don't think they would use the prettiest buds ;-)

And? It's not for me. It DOES the job. Two three puffs is good. And the strain is even pretty plausibly recognizable! And ... it tastes like Agribusiness waste, maybe latex scrapings and shale pit leftovers. I can't stomach it. My gawd, ok maybe if I had to sit through some hideously boring conference I'd consider taking a hit in the hall, but without enthusiasm, sort of like a reluctantly applied protective coma. Am i alone in finding these , and most waxes etc just awful tasting? Or is there an acquired taste to it?

fernand,

dr. greenthumb.

Has no one broken down the bho with grain alcohol I use everclear by warming to approx. 180-185° adding the USP PG stirring for full blend and continue to heat for approximately 20-30 min or longer allowing the alcohol to vape of forcing the already de-carb'd pre-broke down thc/cbd's to bond with the PG?????? Like duh.... and on another note all you bho users... standard use butane contains bpa's (known carcinogens) wether its refined or not.. if its not N-grade butane (or food grade) then it contains many bad byproducts....... I'd like to add that I use a steam bath set at 404891895mg with my Pyrex suspended above. The actual temp of the mix is approximately °175 so as to prevent loss of potency..... happy SAFE vapin!

Last edited:
dr. greenthumb.,

Campers Crumpet

Has no one broken down the bho with grain alcohol I use everclear by warming to approx. 180-185° adding the USP PG stirring for full blend and continue to heat for approximately 20-30 min or longer allowing the alcohol to vape of forcing the already de-carb'd pre-broke down thc/cbd's to bond with the PG?????? Like duh.... and on another note all you bho users... standard use butane contains bpa's (known carcinogens) wether its refined or not.. if its not N-grade butane (or food grade) then it contains many bad byproducts....... I'd like to add that I use a steam bath set at 404891895mg with my Pyrex suspended above. The actual temp of the mix is approximately °175 so as to prevent loss of potency..... happy SAFE vapin!
So do you use BHO ? You said you use ever clear to break it down but then you warn it's carcinogenic.

Campers Crumpet,

dr. greenthumb.

So do you use BHO ? You said you use ever clear to break it down but then you warn it's carcinogenic.
I Use food grade butane to make my bho and theb use everclear to chemically purge the butane. You can as I have then vape off the everclear and be left with what's called ABSOLUTE shatter/wax depending on how you dry it or before vaping off alcohol add (I recommend USP PG/VG %65-%35 is my preference and once alcohol is gone your left with e-cig refill.... if you paid attention to my first post you would have seen that I specifically use N-grade butane..... no byproducts or carcinagens....... you can buy it online or at a restaurant wholesaler or at some "cash n carry" locations. VAPE SAFE NOT CHEAP!

Last edited:
dr. greenthumb.,

tepictoton

if you do not winterize the oil it is not an absolute!

It works, skipping the winterizing process, if just used for getting rid of the tane. But to clean it up and turn it into an absolute you need to freeze, filter, and evap after...

dr. greenthumb.

This is true and I do freeze/strain when making absolute but that is not the intent of this thread of postings. Was simply explaining how to get the "oil" to fully bond with th PG mix. However I must add that I originally processed all of my bho into absolute first then rebroke down my shatter with everclear then converted to the PG base... in otherwords I am warning you that it may not properly bond with the PG while it still has lipids in it. I have yet to try w/o the "winterazation"/filtering process. If looking for a good tutorial just google/YouTube "how to make ABSOLUTE shatter" great video... same process I use...

dr. greenthumb.,

tepictoton

yup that is a good tutorial video...

without winterizing I think the atomizers will fail a lot sooner and the oil will not stay into the solution that well

Jonathanpbk

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm getting some RSO in the next week or so and am extremely excited to try it!

I had a question about dilution. I read somewhere else, a guy mixed 1 gram of oil (not sure which type) into 10ml PG with nothing else, just using a coffee mug warmer, a shot glass and about an hour of stirring on a relatively low heat. He had mentioned that his daily smoking habit was about an 1/8th which is a hell of a lot more than mine. I would usually have 2-3 spliffs, mixed with tobacco (European, don't hate me!) just to relax at the end of the day. I'd say I casually get through ~10/11 grams a month (it's also very expensive here so that's a factor).

Anyway, he said it took him around 15-20 puffs and he was literally knocked out, so I reckon at that strength, it would take me about 5-10. That seems a lot different to what you guys have been saying though. Also, at this dilution, would the taste be weird? I'm planning on adding flavour to combat this, but again, I'm a noob there too. I do prefer the idea of a gradual effect, as opposed to a dab type of hit. I wouldn't be into bongs or dabs at all, myself. Also, I like the idea of stretching it out more, if it does work nicely!

TL;DR: Do you think that level of dilution would work for my kind of tolerance/preference? Would it be disgusting?

Jonathanpbk,

havsabas

This has been the most enlightening post I have read on the subject
But I still have a few questions:

dr. greenthumb. : So, in order to get an ejuice that stays liquid should one start from shatter, add PG and evergreen, evaporate the evergreen and add pg/vg/flavor to their liking?

smatchimo55 : Are you using a Kayfun to vape THC? I ordered a RBA for this purpose yesterday, but if I have read this post earlier and learned that I could make a decent juice out of co2 oil, would have bought yet another kayfun for the job (fasttech has one for $14 now!) - so I am a bit jealous. But: does the juice try to solidify in the tank?

havsabas,

lewis6000

Have been using the Organalabs CO2 oil and it works great in a Gentleman's nano cart. Better results than the sapphire cart so far. Has anyone added e-juice to this oil? The taste is not great and I wondered if a few drops of zero nic juice might help it and help to mask the slight weed odor. Any recommended brands if so? Should it be pure PG to mix in?

Hey there. Your post caught my eye. I've been making my own pen juice by mixing EJ Mix with concentrates. I too was wondering if mixing in just a few drops of zero nic juice might help mask the brief hash smell that comes with the vape. Have you had any success with this?

lewis6000,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Can you use EJ mix with hash, or is that too much of a solid? What about with keif?

lesvape,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
Hi all,

First time poster... Let me start by saying I have been lurking these forums, among others, for a long time trying to perfect the concept of using a standard E-Cig as a delivery method for THC. I have tried and failed many times, to finally figure out the secret. I am returning the knowledge I have gained with my concept on the best way to achieve this.

I have a "Riva 510" e-cig. There are many just like it. I use it for nicotine mainly. It consists of 2 parts. Battery and tankomizer. The tank I use is called a "CE4+". Highly recommended for nic use. When I want to vape THC, I just unscrew the tankomizer and screw on my THC "cartomizer". The solution I fill the carts with is PG based mixed with CO2 Oil. I vape 3-5 hits and I am blown away high. This is perfect for traveling, stealth, and medicating in areas where legally you could not before.

Note: I believe USP Kosher PG (Propylene Glycol) to be safe to vape. If you are not comfortable, do your own research. I might post links to things explaining why it is safe later. Also, I am not trying to start a debate on PG based vapes vs. pure oil style vapes. I find this method to be FAR more convenient and less messy than pure oil carts. I will also post product links later if needed.

You Need:
Riva 510 Battery - $20
Smoktech Dual Coil Low Resistance (1.5ohm) XL Cartomizers - 5 for $15
Charger - $10
CO2 (BHO would work too) hash oil
USP Kosher PG - $10 for a BIG bottle
Syringes for injecting the solution into the carts - $5
Heat surface or temp. controlled flat grill
Glass cup, Shot glasses, or chemistry tubes for mixing.

• I have experimented with different ratio's of PG : oil and I have found that 2:1 works very well. I heat the flat grill to 250-300 degrees F. I put a gram of oil into the shot glass, and put the shot glass into a slightly larger glass cup with some water. Similar to a double boil method, but without boiling. That cup goes on the flat grill. The water is displaced and comes up about halfway on the shot glass. The heat melts the hash oil to a nice amber sticky thick goo.

• I measure the PG (in this case I would try 1.5-2 mL) and mix it into the shot glass with the oil. Keep an eye on it and mix it for 15-30 min, until its completely blended. You don't want the mixture to bubble. If you are worried about heat, I place another cup filled with water on the heat, with a candy thermometer reading temperature. It usually stays around 150 deg.

• I suck up the solution with a syringe, and carefully inject it into the carts. You can use a dropper and drop the solution onto the polyfill in the carts too. You must do this while the solution is hot, because once it cools, the oil seems to separate from the PG. Once its in the polyfill, this no longer matters.

The carts hold 1.3-1.6 mL of liquid. Usually lasts anywhere from 100-200 good hits, can last for weeks of mild use before drying out. 2-3 hits and I'm medicated. I love it! I have not had any problems with the atty in the cart getting clogged, or leaking. I have been doing this for months with success!

I am trying to find a way to make the solution stay mixed even when cooled, and use it in the tankomizer. I am also testing other carts to find the best one to use. I have tried supplementing 20% of the PG with VG, to increase vapor production. It seems to work. I would like to try adding a flavoring while the solution is heating. Perhaps peppermint, to mask the oil smell and increase the stealth.

I couldn't really find this information in one place anywhere, so I thought I would share the whole picture. I encourage you to try, and report your results. If you have further information that will help direct my trials and errors, please post! I would like for this idea to take off!

Happy Vaping!

Nice post, good information.

I am not a fan of using VG whatsoever with my products but I really enjoy vaping my concentrates with my portable vaporizers.

I prefer not to have vapor production, this offers more stealth and less waste too. Like you I can take three or more hits and get totally fried.

I have done quite a bit of comparing vaporizing straight oil vs. e-cannabis.

I have only used high quality RSO and high quality QWISO extracts all done with 99% isoporpyl and some winterized with 190 proof grain alcohol.

The device I choose to use the most is the KangerTech AeroTank. I really like how it has air control and draws the air from the outside of the tank, fully adjustable, dual coil, bottom fed. I like it on my SVD, but it is really nice on the Smoktech Magento mechanical vape with a high discharge EH IMR 18650 1600mAh, 30Amp battery.

If you look hard enough the information is all out there in one place like, My Experience with Portable Vaporizers (pen vaporizers) for Concentrated Cannabis Oil and E-Cigarette Oil.

I have been comparing the oils side by side. All around I prefer the e-cannabis oil. I must say that using a small mechanical vape with the KISS cart is very enjoyable.

Some QWISO

QushQWISOsamplereadytowinterize3-29-14047.jpg

KISS cart. Too bad they don't offer replacement heating coils though. Kind of makes it overpriced.
QWISO-KISSstrainselection2014_03290006.jpg

AeroTank on a SVD, variable voltage, variable wattage. E-cannabis (concentrate mixed with PG USP)
QWISOwinterized4strainsmixed4-2-14036.jpg

AeroTank after a couple of days of testing.
AeroTankstraightQWISO4-18-14021.jpg

Top Bottom