• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

northzinberg

My experience is as soon as I add VG the solution gets cloudy. Although I love to have some VG in my mix I have decided for my special e juice I just use PG and PEG 400 (or EJMix).

ok but vg (if the cloudy appearance isn't a bummer) or pg will stick to the solution and won't separate from the ejmix once the temperature is back to normal (room temperature)?

northzinberg,

tepictoton

Thats the main question...so is the peg400 the key? Would be nice for us Europeans so we are nat facing shipping costs from US...

Anybody tried decarbing their oil and dissolving it in d-limonene?

tepictoton,

DrRishi

Thats the main question...so is the peg400 the key? Would be nice for us Europeans so we are nat facing shipping costs from US...

Anybody tried decarbing their oil and dissolving it in d-limonene?
In my experience PEG 400 is the key if getting hold of EJMix is not possible or too expensive. My QWISO dissolves beautifully into the PEG400 to create a clear whiskey coloured liquid. I can then add as much PG as I need to dilute. Taste is excellent, no clouds but a nice smoke and gets you there.

215z

ok but vg (if the cloudy appearance isn't a bummer) or pg will stick to the solution and won't separate from the ejmix once the temperature is back to normal (room temperature)?
Ejmix will support a limited amount of VG without issue, and will support a very large amount of PG.
Thats the main question...so is the peg400 the key?
PEG400 is indeed the key, the bridge between the heavy cannabinoids and the lighter PG. Think of PEG as an alcohol as heavy as hash oil.

tepictoton

Not my intention to double post...but here is my little update.

store only had one bottle of peg-400left, and my luck it was out of date :-p

So I went ahead and got some d-limonene...

Read some people mentioning a 1ml to 1g ratio for adding d-limonene.

Why d-limonene, because it is one of the terps that by nature is in our beloved plant and it is a solvent dissolving BHO really well.

Decarb my oil by putting it in the oven for about 30min at 120C. It becomes more of a liquid after this, still not runny but melty... still very thick.

Using it with a kanger mPT3 with bdc coils. (Bdc stand for bottom dual coil, meaning they have two coils stacked in the atomizer. For me personally, the bdc has changed my experience with e-liquid a lot in a positive sense, and hope they will do the same with this. And if you do get them make sure you get the updated coils, the old ones with wick suck!)

Taste is like orangy, what was to be expected. But seeing I start of with winterized oil, for me it adds a nice flavor to an otherwise 'generic oil' flavor. I prefer the first.

They only had one bottle of PEG-400 and it was passed date, so I did not get it. still will try and find it somewhere because i do like the idea of being able to mix my oil with my normal e-liquid. With d-limonene this does not work, the oily mixture will not stay in solution with either PG or VG, or any blend of them.

I did lost quite a bit with doing it this quickly, meaning I did not have the right syringe for getting it into the cart...bit stupid but lesson learned. For now I am out of oil but will keep an eye on this thread to see what else people come up with.

I have a feeling decarbing it slightly more might help...but someone will have to experiment with that...

Hope this adds something to the knowledge we are trying to gather, posted this in the puregold thread too, taught it is definitely interesting enough to share

tepictoton,

Grow Goddess

Oil Snob
Decarbing the oil is a slightly different buzz. It doesn't really improve it any, just personal preference really. Different type of buzz and different taste depending on the cart you are using.

Me personally, I kind of like it not decarbed. I did my best to consume 30 grams of winterized QWISO. I was not able to consume the 30 grams, only 20 grams in 90 days. I mixed some with PEG400 NF/USP. I also tried it with Organic NF flavors and with PG USP. It stayed well mixed for months.

I like them all, it really depends on what rig you are using to vape with.

fernand

Nicotine E-liquids vape at a much lower temp. Some of the standard e-cig components, like the poly fill in carts, can be attacked and even dissolved by oils. VG will not mix with oils, and breaks down at oil vaping temps, releasing toxic acrolein.

Slapping oils and PG and VG and water soluble flavoring into e-cig carts with plastic parts designed to vape water soluble liquids at low temps IMHO just isn't likely to be healthy. IMHO.

Last edited:
fernand,

DrRishi

Just got a new toy, the Nautilus Mini. From my initial experiences these new BVC (single vertical coil) atomizers are ideal for my ejuice. I have my juice in a mini and standard nautilus both with the new coils. Flavour is great, vapour production is outstanding. Now if these also last more than a few days I will be a very happy bunny.

DrRishi,

DrRishi

Just got a new toy, the Nautilus Mini. From my initial experiences these new BVC (single vertical coil) atomizers are ideal for my ejuice. I have my juice in a mini and standard nautilus both with the new coils. Flavour is great, vapour production is outstanding. Now if these also last more than a few days I will be a very happy bunny.
Now a few days further. Coils are still working as if they were new. No flooding or leaking from the air hole. The occasional gurgle but that clears itself up. These coils which really combine the best of a cartomizer with a clearomizer really do seem to be another step forward.

Last edited:

ollent

So I've been using a Gentleman's Cart which seems to flood with the CO2 oil I've got. And trying to dab the oil is making a mess of my desk area, so I'm going to try this route. EJ Mix is in the mail, just got the Nautilus mini in yesterday.

But I've never messed with a (cartomizer? clearomizer?) e-juice/oil mix. Once I've made the mix (1:1) in a shotglass, I use the syringe to get it into the chamber, right? And once I get the mix in there, is it safe to carry the ecig in my pocket? Can I leave it lying on the desk, or do I need to stand it up when I'm not using it? Sorry for the noob questions. :)

ollent,

215z

I have not used a Nautilus Mini before (good choice @ollent) but if it works as I expect, then:

• You will fill the tank with the syringe
  • You can carry the device in your pocket
  • You can leave it lying on its side

If your CO2 oil is thin (sounds like it is), you will need less EJM than you normally would with pullsnap/shatter. You may not need EJM at all.

215z,
Reactions: ollent

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Just my words of caution, if you are in an area where your temps can get over 85°F, there's a very high chance of leaks. At least that's been my experience with every clearomizer I've used. I've never used the Nautilus Mini before, but it looks very similar to the AeroTank Mini. The Sapphires from GotVapes.com leak the least of all I've ever used (only 2 occasions, and they were small). However, the hit is so restrictive on them, and I find the flavor isn't nearly as nice as other clearomizers I've tried.

There are things you can do to try and minimize leaks (storing upside down, thicker juice, etc), but it never seemed to help me much. When I stored mine upside down, I didn't get leaks into the battery anymore...it started to leak out the drip tip! Granted not as much, since basically whatever was absorbed by the wick would start to leak down, instead of the whole tank. But a leak is a leak.

Keep in mind, my leaks are primarily heat induced. If you live in a cooler climate, this might not be much of an issue for you.

I did have a Kanger EVOD leak a hefty amount in my pocket at the Tool concert though. Still have a stain on my boxers and jeans I wore that day. I can always tell my Tool boxers because of it ;)

I'm switching to a Kayfun 3.1 to see if that controls my leaking situation. It's been delivered, I'm just stuck out of town for the next week before I can test it out.

If using some canna-juice wasn't so damn stealthy and convenient, I would have given up long ago!

Roth,
Reactions: Haywood

2clicker

Observer
Just my words of caution, if you are in an area where your temps can get over 85°F, there's a very high chance of leaks. At least that's been my experience with every clearomizer I've used. I've never used the Nautilus Mini before, but it looks very similar to the AeroTank Mini. The Sapphires from GotVapes.com leak the least of all I've ever used (only 2 occasions, and they were small). However, the hit is so restrictive on them, and I find the flavor isn't nearly as nice as other clearomizers I've tried.

There are things you can do to try and minimize leaks (storing upside down, thicker juice, etc), but it never seemed to help me much. When I stored mine upside down, I didn't get leaks into the battery anymore...it started to leak out the drip tip! Granted not as much, since basically whatever was absorbed by the wick would start to leak down, instead of the whole tank. But a leak is a leak.

Keep in mind, my leaks are primarily heat induced. If you live in a cooler climate, this might not be much of an issue for you.

I did have a Kanger EVOD leak a hefty amount in my pocket at the Tool concert though. Still have a stain on my boxers and jeans I wore that day. I can always tell my Tool boxers because of it ;)

I'm switching to a Kayfun 3.1 to see if that controls my leaking situation. It's been delivered, I'm just stuck out of town for the next week before I can test it out.

If using some canna-juice wasn't so damn stealthy and convenient, I would have given up long ago!

i find the new sealed kanger coils to be pretty leak resistant. im using a aerotank mini, had it filled for over a week now and the leaking is minimal to none.

and its been in the 90s all week.

2clicker

Observer
the newest dual coil heads from kanger. the second version of them with the metal seal under the silicone cup.

they are the only sealed kanger coils available if i am not mistaken. will post a link later.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I'm using the ones that came with the AeroTank Mini still, the ones without protruding wicks.

Not aware of any metal seal, so maybe not the same ones you're using?

If there are newer/better ones, I'll give them a shot I guess. Either way, the Kayfun, ReadyxWick, and kanthal have been delivered. So hopefully some sort of solution is possible!

Roth,

2clicker

Observer
I'm using the ones that came with the AeroTank Mini still, the ones without protruding wicks.

Not aware of any metal seal, so maybe not the same ones you're using?

If there are newer/better ones, I'll give them a shot I guess. Either way, the Kayfun, ReadyxWick, and kanthal have been delivered. So hopefully some sort of solution is possible!

well its weird because they changed to the internal wick dual coils... then soon after that updated them with the top seal.

all the replacement coils available should be the newest coils. the ones that came with the units were the first revision w/out the top seal.

DrRishi

The Nautilus mini can't leak down to the battery because the air is drawn in from the side. An Evod style atomiser is more likely to leak because of its construction (air is drawn in from around the battery connection).

The Nautilus construction is very good at preventing leaks but when you get large pressure differences (heat or altitude) there is always a chance. If you carry it with the tip down then it should be able to breath a little which might prevent leaks.

I live in a temperate climate (well mostly just cold and wet) so it is not really an issue for me.

I have a strong mix in the mini which gets me there with 5/10 tokes then I have a weaker mix in my Nautilus maxi which is nice when I just want to vape.

DrRishi,

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
The Nautilus mini can't leak down to the battery because the air is drawn in from the side. An Evod style atomiser is more likely to leak because of its construction (air is drawn in from around the battery connection).

The Nautilus construction is very good at preventing leaks but when you get large pressure differences (heat or altitude) there is always a chance. If you carry it with the tip down then it should be able to breath a little which might prevent leaks.

I live in a temperate climate (well mostly just cold and wet) so it is not really an issue for me.

I have a strong mix in the mini which gets me there with 5/10 tokes then I have a weaker mix in my Nautilus maxi which is nice when I just want to vape.

Ok, it would leak out of the side instead of the bottom then. Same difference really ;)

Don't the Nautilus and AeroTank function basically the same? The air might be routed differently in the Nautilus, but looking at those atomizers, I don't see how it would make much of a difference.

That's the reason I'm hoping a Kayfun solves my issues. The raised deck for the air intake allows for some flooding from pressure changes without going anywhere.

Roth,

DrRishi

The construction of the Nautilus and Aerotank Mini are very different and at least if the Nautilus did leak (which for me it doesn't) it does not leak directly onto the battery contact. The Nautilus construction with a "raised deck" is very similar to the KayFun.

There are a couple of video's on buliding vertical coils for the Kayfun. I am sure the Nautilus mini is such an improvement because of the new vertical coils so a Kayfun with a vertical coil might be a killer combination.

DrRishi,

ollent

Thanks for the replies, gang. We've been hitting 80 during the summer here, but not much more. I'll try not to carry it in the pocket of pants that I like. :)

I'm not entirely sure if the oil qualifies as thin or not. It does a slow ooze off the dabber and can be affected by gravity, but it's still pretty viscous. Is there some way to visualize an ideal ratio? From the descriptions here, it sounds like it's going to be fairly difficult to adjust the mix once it's in the (clearo? carto? what the hell do I call this thing?) I know I'll probably have to dial the ratio in, but where do I start?

And a question for Rishi -- how difficult is it to not spray stuff into the middle with the syringe? the oil comes in these blunt tip syringes, but I'm not sure that the tip is fine enough to squeeze in-between the shaft and the window. Can I load by basically letting the mix drip down the glass?

I'm so close to being able to get high everywhere. So close.

edit: next question -- what are my storage options for left over mix? planning on mixing in a shot glass. can I just saran wrap over the sucker and throw it in the fridge or something?

Top Bottom