Discontinued MistVape Touch

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So hyped for this. Looks awesome.

@Shit Snacks correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just turn the vape so the button is facing the outside of your palm on either hand and use it? The stem should protrude enough out; the battery side I don't reckon would be in way.

It's doable but I would like to have it clutched in my right hand, thumb on the trigger, index finger wrapped around the stem on the lower side. As is now that only works with my left hand, the right you can reverse and wrap index finger around battery but then you don't get the stem support, and it's actually not as easy for thumb to wrap around to the button that way. It's not a big deal, just a personal versatility preference

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Can't wait to grab one of these, the new batch is all betas right? I've read through the thread and I don't think I saw any way to order them yet.

Shit Snacks

Got my MistVape Touch!:clap:
She's beautiful, I love the wood!
@Alan I need a matching 14mm wood stem for this! Pretty please!!!:D

Will be back with some usage reviews.:tup:

Nice Doc! Can't wait to hear your thoughts....

I also was planning on getting a 14mm wood stem from Alan when I get an 18mm one for my Milaana from him soon

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm on the list as well. Any good places that sell stems to fit the Touch? Thinking an olive green glass would look nice
You will find easily some 14mm stems although I noticed the stems I own are thicker on the GonG end, this is concentrate too much the heat and lead to a hot spot. My stems are, at least, 3 times thicker than the Mist stem (except for the mouth end which is thickier on the Mist!) , maybe I will try them again to vape some shatter or hash.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Talked with @Alan and he can do 14 mm wood stems. I'll send him some quilted maple and we'll go from there. I think I can get olive green glass stems also, I'll look into that tomorrow. Also gong on both ends )@Alan said he can do wood stems with joints on both ends.
Great to have alan on board, I've got my hands full.
One other thing about stems, be very careful that the stem is standard length, no drip tips or any kind of extension on the small end of the taper. The screen in the female stem is press fit and if you push it you can dislodge it (30 grams of force needed, not a lot but it is firm). Out of 12 units one popped the screen. So standard length stems are fine but be careful.
I am in talks with a glass manufacturer and hope to have some custom female stems in a couple months, they will have a rim to hold the screen more secure. I'll work with anyone who has a Touch and upgrade to the new stem when they come. Since the screen is pretty secure I'm comfortable moving forward as is but want everyone to be aware of this.
Here is pic of the screen (the wood piece is the old design) it is press fit in place, once it set it will stay put as long as you use standard stems and be careful when you clean it, use a small brush (haven't had to clean mine yet)
yGq5YBz.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Have you guys tried covering a porthole while inhaling. I'm not entirely sure but I feel my performance is a lot better especially with fast inhales. Also less heat up time. I am just curious about other opinions towards this.

I had worried about doing that by accident but it's true you may only need one, in the newer models probably better for airflow to be surrounding with the improced intake holes. I'll try it on my beta too though, perhaps you could even try holding both and tapping one too

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I had worried about doing that by accident but it's true you may only need one, in the newer models probably better for airflow to be surrounding with the improced intake holes. I'll try it on my beta too though, perhaps you could even try holding both and tapping one too
Both doesn't work well. Too much restriction.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since my stem is full of resin I already get so much restrictions!

That's time for a nice "residues hits sessions" in order to vape most of the resin stuck in the screen and a good iso soak to get everything back like new.

Where are the intakes holes? I just realized I don't see them:hmm:

polopo54

Hello guys, I'm in a market for on demand convection unit and the Touch seems great and even better with the 100-ish price tag. Before discovering the Touch I was set to buy the Firewood 4 but wasn't able to yet due to the availability. Can any of you guys familiar with both of those (looking at you @paytonpenn :-) ) tell me how they compare? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

@Crussell27 did you get your touch my friend?:)

I have been enjoying my touch all day. I also did my first mod.:D
I put 2 O-rings around the top of the stem joint and it keeps the stem nice and secure.:nod:

O-rings on stem.:tup:

This keeps the stem secure with the O-rings sealing to the wood.:goon:

So far have been really enjoying the touch.:)
Using SONT VTC-5 batteries I do a 2 second pre-heat, hold the button 4 more seconds while drawing and continue to draw for another 5 seconds.
6 seconds of button time seems to be perfect for me then keep on drawing.

I average about 8 tasty, blue vapor draws per stem and the ABV looks amazing.:cool:

The touch is a great low temp dry vaporizer IMO. Very easy to use and very consistent and smooth.:p

Will be back with more info, testing battery life now. :science:

So far it's awesome!
With the little bit of testing I've done I can say the Mistvape Touch is well worth the money and it's only going to get better!:clap:
I would recommend the Touch to anyone. It's very simple, tasty, affordable, and efficient.
It also looks amazing!;)

Great work Dave!:cheers:

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
No surprise here, he just used the Milaana technique! :tup: Works the same way with the Project.

You just need to adjust to your heater inertia. The Zion/Milaaana have a rather large mass heater (in comparison to tiny coils) so they need more preheat and you can draw with trigger released for longer. In the project the coil is very small so it glows more quickly (hence less preheat) and it's faster to clear afterwards.

I imagine the sweet spot for the Touch should be somewhere in-between. But yes I was kinda skeptical when you said you needed to make it glow beforehand @mistvaporizer. Ideally the least glowing the better.

Top Bottom