Discontinued MistVape Touch

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Did some QA on the completed unit with the stacked pancake. I liked it a lot seem to have lot more vapor without having to go to hot. But I didn't measure any temps. All I can say is it works very nicely, I hate to part with it actually. I don't get one this batch.
The local dispensary partnered with Tikun from Isreal and they now carry a few Tikun strains. I got some Alaska, I highly recommend it.
here is the Alaska abv
z7hCG5W.jpg

Rotated the stem during use. The inside edge gets hottest, so I rotate to evenly toast it.
ozPqDdx.jpg

This was removed in layers with the upper most, darkest layers on the left to the bottom of the bowl on the right. I didn't stir, I think with one or two stirs you could get a perfectly uniform abv.

rozroz

The local dispensary partnered with Tikun from Isreal and they now carry a few Tikun strains. I got some Alaska, I highly recommend it.

Ha, what a coincidence!
I managed to get me some Alaska here in Isreal.
Indeed highly recommended strain.
Read about it. Will be interesting to know more about your usage with it regarding efficiency etc..

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I would prefer separate threads as they are completely different products.

That is true, we'd have to move everything here into a new one, and just call that one simply MistVape Touch

I though that'd be better too, but since the original Mist had such low demand and it's such a short thread, with all the development progress here in a seamless product transition, I wasn't sure.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
We still need to get this thread title changed, now I'm thinking lose current name and go:

MistVape (Original + Touch)

Nice and simple...
The original MistVape isn't getting much demand so we could assume this thread is Touch. If I come up with something else I'll start a new thread. For now I think we can just ride this one out.

rozroz

Gcvz_Gql.jpg

ok sorry for this..
i just wanna make sure i understand how the convection works in this device,
the herb is located in the chamber above the heater?
or is it located way above this?
not sure...
and if this IS the bowl itself, where does the air flow pass through to provide convection?
and how does the bottom heater does not over heat or conduct the bottom of the chamber?

forgive my ignorance, perhaps i missed a full explanation in the thread.

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@rozroz check page 15 of this thread. The glass part of the heater assembly (I call it the chimney) sits in the wood holder. There are air inlets around the base. Airflow is in the portholes of the frame, then in around the perimeter of the chimney base. The herb is held in the cup screen of a male stem (also page 15). If you hold the touch sensor for 15 -20 seconds you will probably go to ignition. If you hold for 10 seconds (on a cold unit) the coil will start to glow. I keep it glowing for a few seconds then pulse it a bit, on/off for a couple cycles. Then I let the coil glow go away and start hitting it. Also you can "feather" the touch sensor. That is press it for a second then let up for a second and repeat. You can feel the temp of the vapor and avoid combustion pretty easy.

An update on the current batch, I have three ready to go and three more to finish. The solid cathode bar is actually harder to deal with than I expected. Better than the stranded wire but still not great for changing coils (better but not still not easy). I have a line on braided copper wire which is billed as flexible. If I can get that then coil swaps will be very reasonable. This vape is getting better with each batch!

rozroz

@rozroz check page 15 of this thread. The glass part of the heater assembly (I call it the chimney) sits in the wood holder. There are air inlets around the base. Airflow is in the portholes of the frame, then in around the perimeter of the chimney base. The herb is held in the cup screen of a male stem (also page 15). If you hold the touch sensor for 15 -20 seconds you will probably go to ignition. If you hold for 10 seconds (on a cold unit) the coil will start to glow. I keep it glowing for a few seconds then pulse it a bit, on/off for a couple cycles. Then I let the coil glow go away and start hitting it. Also you can "feather" the touch sensor. That is press it for a second then let up for a second and repeat. You can feel the temp of the vapor and avoid combustion pretty easy.

thanks i'll make sure i go through 15.

ok, i seem to get it now, missed the male stem part.
isn't it possible for someone to take temps measures throughout the amount of time the coil heats up? it would be helpful i guess, no?
what would be the temp when it starts to glow? 2-3 seconds after? etc..
i don't have equipment for that but i'm sure some of you have.. ;)

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
thanks i'll make sure i go through 15.

ok, i seem to get it now, missed the male stem part.
isn't it possible for someone to take temps measures throughout the amount of time the coil heats up? it would be helpful i guess, no?
what would be the temp when it starts to glow? 2-3 seconds after? etc..
i don't have equipment for that but i'm sure some of you have.. ;)
Things start to vary when you factor in battery life, inhale speed, screen distance.

I have done some temp tests and I have seen a good average temp of 185C, but I have seen the temp as high as 240C, although my unit isn't entirely even in heating.

rozroz

Things start to vary when you factor in battery life, inhale speed, screen distance.

I have done some temp tests and I have seen a good average temp of 185C, but I have seen the temp as high as 240C, although my unit isn't entirely even in heating.

thanks for the info. 185C average sounds good.

Shit Snacks

The original MistVape isn't getting much demand so we could assume this thread is Touch. If I come up with something else I'll start a new thread. For now I think we can just ride this one out.

Works for me, so let's make the thread title MistVape Touch then, I would also see if you can get the first post changed to make it a brief one from you explaining the path of the vape (from conduction box, to session convection tower, to on demand unregulated convection) it's a short thread so not a huge deal, but would go a long way in helping people find info on what is sure to be a popular vape imo. Mods like @Stu should be able to help us out with this :tup:

@rozroz yeah its like Milaana, so no precise temps, all manual, I like to start drawing slowly on a fresh battery and pick up the pace as the coil begins to glow. Can get amazing tasting low temp hits with plenty of sense clouds, super smooth. You can preheat and throttle too as Mist described, and you'll get bigger hits potentially, could get harsh though. The power is here, you either coax it up or tame it down, you will learn your own individual technique for success. It's all trigger use and draw style

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Shit Snacks you got it. I tried what you described. Heat to a glow and pre heat a bit. Then let the coil cool for a couple seconds then hit it. Feather the trigger, on for just 1 sec. I went for heating that I thought would be to cold and that I wouldn't get much vapor. It was amazing, lots of low temp clouds and the abv was a nice tan, virtually no char. Sweet.
Seven units finished tonight. They are all spoken for, which kinda makes me sad-I want one of the new batch. It's a bit better :)

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks you got it. I tried what you described. Heat to a glow and pre heat a bit. Then let the coil cool for a couple seconds then hit it. Feather the trigger, on for just 1 sec. I went for heating that I thought would be to cold and that I wouldn't get much vapor. It was amazing, lots of low temp clouds and the abv was a nice tan, virtually no char. Sweet.
Seven units finished tonight. They are all spoken for, which kinda makes me sad-I want one of the new batch. It's a bit better :)

Yeah I can scorch I wait for glow and then draw, only really happens on a low battery when it trying to further. I really like not preheating at all, now that I know when the coil will glow with a fresher battery I can just sense the heat and taste with my mouth for perfect hits

I bet the new ones are even better! A good problem to have no? I'm sure those early adopter customers are thrilled they're getting to jump ahead the testers, but I definitely think this is a product that warrants it, just works so well as is, and the price is more than right!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Nice improvement on the coil... That should def improve your temperature uniformity. I really like the window into the heater and the modular and accessible heater design. It's something I will definitely explore with new designs. Keep up the impressive progress as I know it's a ton of work.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
After using the first incarnation of the 'mist vape' the progression looks awesome.
Great work @mistvaporizer.
Wish my current living situation allowed me to spend time with new vapes, if it did I'd be all over this.

Keep up the good work. :rockon:

(PS; I still use my little mistvape Grinder on a near daily basis, works perfect for my current micro-dosing regime.)

:peace:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@RUDE BOY good to hear from you. Glad you are still enjoying the early model.
@rozroz the mist grinder is deprecated. It seemed to work nicely but if you overload it the blades broke free. And really sticky herb didn't grind that well. See http://mistvaporizer.com/grinders.aspx. I have a couple left but stopped selling them since they didn't hold up unless you were really careful.
Shipped 5 units to folks that wanted in on the beta units.

Top Bottom