Discontinued MistVape Touch

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
It has been a while since there was discussion about technique to use this vape. My only vape is a Crafty, and anybody can vape with it. Would someone the MVT post a summary of how they prefer to vape (dry only) with it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Shit Snacks

Would that be the large, medium, or small universal adapter? Definitely will be getting one of these and maybe a new tool or two.

No idea, probably small since these are narrow 14mm stems, mine is actually from before he started making those versions, it is just the 18mm part of a Firefly WPA prototype torn off

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@paytonpenn thanks so much, great video I gotta try that.
@drterps I think you will love the flavor you get with the Touch especially considering your handle. The first few hits taste like the herb smells. When I first started this project (way before the Touch) testers would tell me the taste wasn't that great, I didn't understand. Now I totally get it, excited for you to taste the Touch

@OyVape thanks for pointing that out, sort of missed it the words just came out as I typed.
I also like "enjoy the Touch"

It is pretty exciting to have so many people enjoy the Touch, I haven't had anyone say they don't like it. One guy complained about the build on an early model so I told him to send it back for a refund. He asked if he could keep it and upgrade when a "better" one was available. We worked out a deal. Bottom line is there were a few issues which I fixed but no one has said they didn't like the Touch, actually everyone has said they like it a lot. Now I just have to do a careful financial analysis and make sure I'm making some money. I kinda screwed up, just ordered wood and got what is called 5A grade. It is what I wanted but not what I wanted to pay for, the next batch is going to have $20 frames (that is my cost for the wood for one vape is $20). Moving forward I'll probably offer that grade as an option and routinely use 4A or 3A which is about $5 per frame.
Some of the current batch was 5A but that is because my wood supplier bought a couple vapes and he sent me wood especially for his. Those were 5A and he sent extra so there were some in the last batch.
Also thinking about making the switch an option only because I want to be able to offer a rock solid vape for the least amount I can. So maybe the switch and wood quality as options which will make $150 a good starting point (maybe a bit less) then maybe $25 for the switch and $15 for the 5A wood. Thoughts on the pricing?

@Shit Snacks I notice when I do the two screen method the later hits taste better. I like to load a fresh stem and use it without the top screen but then after I stir I add the top screen. Seems I can go hotter without combustion and the flavor is better, not like a fresh load but better. Generally I can get two stirs out of a load, really economical. I bought a new video cam just have to find time to make some videos.

Last edited:

OyVape

@paytonpenn thanks so much, great video I gotta try that.
@drterps I think you will love the flavor you get with the Touch especially considering your handle. The first few hits taste like the herb smells. When I first started this project (way before the Touch) testers would tell me the taste wasn't that great, I didn't understand. Now I totally get it, excited for you to taste the Touch

"Taste the Touch"--there's a great tag line!

There's a word for the phenomenon of experiencing one sense as another, but it escapes me now.

drterps

@mistvaporizer thanks for mailing it out so quick and your right im most interested in the taste...with those who run through glass are you still getting good taste?

also that link to the gong is the opposite of what i need. my bong is female 18mm and the MVT is 14mm male. i may just try to buy locally even though it will be double+ the price of online (but no waiting for delivery) @paytonpenn where did you get that silicon gong maybe they have it in another size?

Shit Snacks

@mistvaporizer thanks for mailing it out so quick and your right im most interested in the taste...with those who run through glass are you still getting good taste?

also that link to the gong is the opposite of what i need. my bong is female 18mm and the MVT is 14mm male. i may just try to buy locally even though it will be double+ the price of online (but no waiting for delivery) @paytonpenn where did you get that silicon gong maybe they have it in another size?

Again, www.delta3dstudios.com will cover you perfectly bud ;)

Yeah I end up cashing bowls before they're done primarily based on taste, when the flavors can be so pure and fresh, it's hard to bother when it fades, you can taste the difference for sure. It's wonderful

FreddieFresh

I really appreciate @mistvaporizer for getting everything taken care of. I paid for the Touch and there was a bit of confusion caused by my part about what accessories I needed to add to the order, but Dave got it all straightened out. He shipped everything out, sent me the invoice for the accessories, and told me to pay when I could. Of course, I paid immediately, but that gesture of good faith really surprised me. Above and beyond for any company, let alone a one man operation! Now everything is in the hands of some underpaid and entirely demotivated government employees, so I'll just cross my fingers and wait patiently haha.

Sorry I'm confused, but if your waterpipe has an 18mm female, than that adapter Dave linked is the correct one. It looks like @paytonpenn is just using a small cut of silicone tubing. Not sure the ID though.

And as @Shit Snacks mentioned, you can always get a universal adapter from delta3d

sickmanfraud

I believe that is exactly what you need.

I have found the same adapter available on Amazon, but it is not always available at a reasonable price.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yesterday I received the production unit (I got one of the first beta-test round batch), all the progress are amazing!
Dave tried to listen most of our complains (not a lot in fact!) and even better, the new battery door lid is perfect, much more easier to use, sleeker and no more contact issue.
The touch button placement is really an improvement also, even if I was used to the previous placement and have to learn how to handle it again.
The Mosfet trick is a nice add for safety too.

Wow the woody stem with glass liner is the deal, it makes the Touch so nice to see and a bit stealthier and adds something for low temp session (maybe cause less heat soak...). There is much room for bigger loads also.

Got the GonG and the 2 screens for sandwich method. GonG is more a no brainer to use with a water tool than the silicon stuff. Sandiwch screens works well for small load, for bigger load you still need to stir.

Where Dave was going above my expectations is about the vaping performances. To be honnest I was already convinced with the beta unit and wasn't expecting a big improvement in this way.... but now you get a true on-demand unit with absolutly no pre-heat time (with a well charged battery)and a lot more powerfull (I think concentrates vaping will be a lot more effective with the last version...I'll try soon). Taste still shines but don't feel asleep on the trigger or you will scorch your load. For my first session with it, yesterday, I got used to the previous and gave it a 4s pre-heat, first hit was nice cause bud was moist and battery not fully charged, but for the second hit I got a ton of vapor and scortched my load..

Since the new version is more powerfull I'm still working to get the right technic. To resume I don't pre-heat and inhale not too slow, a 7-8s hit give me good vapor. Although I noticed it is better to keep 2-3mm between the load and the lip of the GonG to avoid scortching...

Here some pics of both my beta unit (on the right) and the last Touch production unit(on the left):
aBjiuTH.jpg

O4rWPNd.jpg

UcpsmEi.jpg

The Touch shines in the sky with diamonds!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@PPN nice pics! Glad you are liking the Touch
@paytonpenn tried your cotton fiber method and I'm loving it. Works great, nice clouds and good flavor. I thought the cotton would char but no problem.
Still have two units from the last batch, waiting for people to respond. Now I'm cleaning the shop getting ready for the wood shipment, going to be busy next week!

sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom