• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued MistVape Touch

Jah1975

How much current does this thing pull? I use the HG2 for my Air and hope the 20 amps they are capable of is enough so I don't have to give up any mah or buy new batteries 8)

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
How much current does this thing pull? I use the HG2 for my Air and hope the 20 amps they are capable of is enough so I don't have to give up any mah or buy new batteries 8)

Wow.. That's a pretty strong batt for an Air. Hope you don't break it over time by using those. HG2 is definitely highly recommended for vapes like MVT, Mi, FW4.

Jah1975

Wow.. That's a pretty strong batt for an Air. Hope you don't break it over time by using those. HG2 is definitely highly recommended for vapes like MVT, Mi, FW4.
Its the same strength as any other battery. The mah is just the capacity (how long it will last discharging 1 milliamp). It still puts out only up to 4.2 volts, just like any other non-protected 18650. The amp limit, (its a limit, not production) is actually lower than a sony vct4 (20 amps vs 30 amps continuous) The air has lasted almost 2 years now on nothing but HG2's
In other words, a battery puts out volts only, amperage and mah are capacities

@Jah1975 I have measured the amps and when the unit is cold it pulls 7 amps, once warmed up it pulls 4 to 5 amps.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response! that's low amperage, great!

Last edited by a moderator:

vapen00b

Its the same strength as any other battery. The mah is just the capacity (how long it will last discharging 1 milliamp). It still puts out only up to 4.2 volts, just like any other non-protected 18650. The amp limit, (its a limit, not production) is actually lower than a sony vct4 (20 amps vs 30 amps continuous) The air has lasted almost 2 years now on nothing but HG2's
In other words, a battery puts out volts only, amperage and mah are capacities

Yeah, thanks, I know that. Maybe my wording was not spot on. I just remember a lot of debate back in the days in the Air thread about particular Air batt specs etc where ppl were encouraged to stick with OEM only to play it safe. If you've been going like that for 2 years, you might know better what's ok for your device.

Jah1975

Yeah, thanks, I know that. Maybe my wording was not spot on. I just remember a lot of debate back in the days in the Air thread about particular Air batt specs etc where ppl were encouraged to stick with OEM only to play it safe. If you've been going like that for 2 years, you might know better what's ok for your device. Your choice ;)
I remember there being a big hoopla when I first got my Air about no other battery working properly or that other batteries would damage the unit. I think it was so people would buy extra batteries from Airizer instead of cheaper places and also probably a bit so that people wouldn't buy crappy bulk batteries from china and give the vape a bad name when they went into thermal runaway.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Just recieved my mvt from @Justpassedu, from a trade and holeh this thing packs a punch. I combusted with my first bowl but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Any tips from mvt owners would be great. Until then I'm piling up the avb trying to tame this wild beast.
I would like to help you but I'm still in order to learn how to use it perfectly since it is hotter and faster. I got more scortching issue than with the beta version and even an hot spot, rotate and stir are more necessary as well.

When I don't rotate with the cooler beta version I got a dark circle and yellow at the center, with the production unit I got a black spot on a side(?) and the rest is more yellow/green ....

Keeping some distance between the lips of the gong and your load can help, I noticed too the more charged your battery is more you have to pay attention to load size/packing/heating time/speed inhale. In another hand if too much depleted you'll have to pre heat around 4-5s before to start to inhale....yes that's unregulated!

Although most of the time I experiment great taste and clouds, maybe i'm a bit nostalgic but I'm still in favor of the beta Touch, it feel a bit tastier to me.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I would like to help you but I'm still in order to learn how to use it perfectly since it is hotter and faster. I got more scortching issue than with the beta version and even an hot spot, rotate and stir are more necessary as well.

When I don't rotate with the cooler beta version I got a dark circle and yellow at the center, with the production unit I got a black spot on a side(?) and the rest is more yellow/green ....

The hot spot is directly on top of the air intake on the bottom of the vape.

I got my MVT a few days ago and there is plenty of airflow but the heat distribution is really uneven.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

I think there need to be more air intake holes.

RelaxedNow

The hot spot is directly on top of the air intake on the bottom of the vape.

I got my MVT a few days ago and there is plenty of airflow but the heat distribution is really uneven.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

I think there need to be more air intake holes.

Yes, there is a hot spot. I haven't tried the two-screen method, as it isn't a big deal to me, but it seems those who have tried this are happy with the result. @mistvaporizer wrote something about it, not far back in this thread.

On another note, I've had a heck of a cold, and haven't vaped in nearly a week. I'm beginning to feel better, and I'm thinking the break is going to do wonders for my tolerance. I almost can't wait to find out! Also, I haven't used my MVT in two weeks, as I was on a cruise last week. Downside was that I left some half-used CO2 oil cartridges on the ship, to avoid taking them through U.S. Customs on the way home. Oh well, better safe than sorry. :)

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Are you saying this eliminates the hot spot? Also, does it not require a second screen? TIA
I'd say it helps. Because there is a set screen at the end of a glass tube, then a nice length of silicone as the bowl. I add a top screen as well. Helps to make a tasty bake. :) it doesn't require the double screen. None of them actually do.

RelaxedNow

Ok, I need to try a turbo tube. I also need a wood stem, and I want to try a long glass stem. I'll have to take a few minutes and get all 3 ordered soon.

It's a good month, in terms of the ol' bills, so I might even order another vaporizer that I've been interested in. I just used the MVT after that two-week break, and I still love it, but I also still have that urge to try another. I kinda feel like I'm being unfaithful though. Don't be mad at me. I'm sold on convection, so I promise I won't buy a conduction vape. :lol:

vapen00b

Ok, I need to try a turbo tube. I also need a wood stem, and I want to try a long glass stem. I'll have to take a few minutes and get all 3 ordered soon.

It's a good month, in terms of the ol' bills, so I might even order another vaporizer that I've been interested in. I just used the MVT after that two-week break, and I still love it, but I also still have that urge to try another. I kinda feel like I'm being unfaithful though. Don't be mad at me. I'm sold on convection, so I promise I won't buy a conduction vape. :lol:

Yeah, loving the MVT and those wood stems rock!:rockon:
What particular convection vape are you about to buy? Let me guess, the tubo?? :brow:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Liking it so far from the 2 stems I was able to run thru before work. I actually don't like how close the screen is to the heater with the stock stem so I've been using the @DDave tapered ones that i put the screens a little further up in.

is it possible for the screen above the coil to get dislodged?

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@muunch happy you are liking the Touch so far, yes you can dislodge the screen above the heater. Please see http://www.mistvaporizer.com/instructions and under maintenance there is note about the screen. To clean it use a small brush and gently brush away any debris. The force needed to dislodge the screen is about 45 grams so it won't just pop out but you can dislodge it if you are not careful. It is one of the weak points of this design. I only had one user dislodge the screen and have issues. @Vape Dr. actually removed the screen, adjusted his coil and put the screen back. I don't recommend this however.
There are over 50 Touch units out there and the screen is holding fine. I am looking at getting a custom female stem made but so far I am concerned that the quality won't be good enough. I had some samples made (in China) and they looked good but they totally screwed up a crucial measurement and the minimum order is 1000 pcs so I don't trust them. If there are any expert glass people here hit me up, I am interested in talking.

Top Bottom