Discontinued MistVape Touch

DanTeDays

Just noticed that the case holder for 4 items has been removed from the accessories page!?

Wanted to purchase the case with 2 stems and the material holder.

Will this return any time soon?

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@DanTeDays the four pack turned out to be to short for the standard stem. Originally I was cutting them down to fit but that is too much work especially since I got an order of stems custom made.
IMR batteries does have a larger case that HellsWindStaff showed in a post. I have some of those but haven't posted them yet. I'll put them up on the website and let you know

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
@mistvaporizer, sorry if you have already answered this, but do you have a longer stem? I mean one that is close to the length of the 7th floor lsv stem from this picture.

http://www.vaporplants.com/media/ca...erb-handheld-lsv-by-7th-floor-vaporplants.jpg

Sorry that I don't know how to add pictures in easier.

The reason I am wondering is, I like the flavor that dry hits can give, but something it is too hot and harsh for my throat. I was thinking that something like this would cool the vapor down enough, without taking away the flavor.

If you don't, does anyone have a recommendation for a place to purchase one? I know I would need something with a 14mm male end to be used in the MVT.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Lookatmeglow I have some 4.5" glass stems, currently have blue or black. Check with @Crussell27 he got one of these and says it cools the vapor.
Check the website also, www.mistvaporizer.com

@stark1, if you are on the list you get an email when your Touch is ready. As long as you respond within a week you will get that unit. If there is confusion of sorts and you contact me after the 5 day window I'll get you back in at a reasonable position.
I acknowledge each request to be on the list with an email confirming that the sender is on the list.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Hi, @mistvaporizer for those who requested a MVT before the website went up, will Mist Vaporizer
give a heads up when their turn comes up?

Thanks in advance.

stark1,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I now have a new stem with the new screens too, one a shallower cap. Still testing but it does work well, instead of stirring you can remove the stem and puff into it to fluff the load and mix a bit. However I do notice a stronger metallic taste having another screen, and while it makes it easier to avoid scorch it can be trickier to fully extract to my satisfaction. Plus loading and unloading becomes more tedious, though I do like how it is a secure capsule. Also the new screens are fantastic btw @mistvaporizer, will need to get more some day, maybe when I can get a new updated unit once you're all caught up...

I also have a long stem and it is great for cooler hits, but the feedback isn't direct like it is with a short stem so also takes some getting used to. I still need to get back trying hemp fiber filters for optimal vapor cooling with these style of glass stem vapes. I have a prototype GonG too, but that also takes a different technique it seems... the more finalized units could be a bit more capable than mine though

Oh and I know I still owe photos of these, not to mention my wood stems from @Alan came last week and are stunning. This is his photo which probably shows them off better than mine would, though need to see in person of course:

osYaylA.jpg

The one on the right is a Milaana stem in canarywood, the left is dark walnut for Mi and/or MVT, while the middle is a 14-14mm tulipwood stem with a glass insert. Haven't gotten to try any of these in my Touch just yet (again can't wait to try them in a new one too!) not to mention the silicone reverse method (Alan threw some in for me to try, along with more of his screens for dual stacking) and more I'm sure. So I'll be back again once I have, with more photos I hope. We also tried a cork cap with needle for onboard stirring tool and bowl protection, but it didn't work too well for my unit at least, we'll see in the future because its actually pretty neat.

(A buddy also 3D printed an awesome battery case for me that has a top sliding lid, with the glass herb vial and a stem it turns I to a perfect dugout actually! So need to share that too)

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@PPN see page 25 post #613, your wood stem will be like that one. Most similar to the one on the right in the above pic from snacks but the above pic is a 18 MM, yours is 14 mm. Your unit is packed and ready to go, the post office is closed Monday but I will ship on Tuesday.

Shit Snacks

Oh I realized both new screens I got from Dave are identical, so cap or basket doesn't matter, it's still nice and shallow (which I really dig, since they sit further in the Mist stems so the glass walls of the joint become the sides of your bowl, less steel mesh over there) and they are very clean and quite durable it seems. A fantastic improvement for the more polished product this has quickly become!

Now to test them more... Hope to use the wood stems today too so I shall be back

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Shit Snacks I agree that the low profile screens are handy. My only issue is they require a push stick to easily place the screen. Chopsticks seem to work pretty good for push sticks.
Remember to try swapping the screens when the bottom one starts to clog. You vape the screen clean, it's a great trick that Alan told me about.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks I agree that the low profile screens are handy. My only issue is they require a push stick to easily place the screen. Chopsticks seem to work pretty good for push sticks.
Remember to try swapping the screens when the bottom one starts to clog. You vape the screen clean, it's a great trick that Alan told me about.

Yup that has been his standard for a little while now, started shortly before I go my HI from him, screens cleaning themselves. I use a little steel toothpick that has a rounded little rice grain long head that can remove and replace the cap screen pretty well if slow and careful. When at home its all easy to do, depending how often you need to do it.

Meanwhile I tried the tulipwood stem from @Alan and it is pretty fantastic actually. It fits so snug in the Mist joint you could hold the whole thing by it securely (though this also means it spins the entire glass chimney and pulls it up when removing in my older unit, likely not a problem with newer ones). Conversely the inner glass stem is quite loose so it comes out stuck to your lips or can fall easily (fell once, didn't break though) so just need to be careful. Both with the glass and bare wood work wonderfully, plus they will be even better in the final model

B2xiYGs.jpg

MPTkLCa.jpg

tzUqGNx.jpg

Just imagine how good the plain tulipwood stem in that photo above would look without all the metal on top and instead the clean flush wood of the latest model... These photos can't do the shades of pink in the wood justice either, different from every angle in any light but always stunning :drool:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Everyone on the list is in at $120, moving forward the Touch will be $150. Materials are costing more than I anticipated. Shipped over a dozen units over the last week and there will be a few more as this batch winds down. Ordered enough wood for 50 more units. Starting next week I'll find out how long it takes to batch start to finish.

Shit Snacks

Everyone on the list is in at $120, moving forward the Touch will be $150. Materials are costing more than I anticipated. Shipped over a dozen units over the last week and there will be a few more as this batch winds down. Ordered enough wood for 50 more units. Starting next week I'll find out how long it takes to batch start to finish.

Still a total steal! Glad things are going well

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Lookatmeglow I don't have a solid number yet but 2 to 3 hours is about right. I have timed individual steps and the overall process but haven't gotten start to finish times on a batch. Every batch has been a learning experience and has pin pointed bottlenecks. At this point I think I have everything standardized so the next batch will tell the tale.

Top Bottom