Discontinued MistVape Touch

djchexxx

I just got my MVT today. Photos dont do the wood justice. There is some sort of glimmer or shine to the wood that is just beautiful in person. It is very hard to capture in photos but I tried my best. Also added some FW4 comparison photos for those that are interested. Hopefully its ok. Definitely smaller than the Milaana due to the design but thickness is pretty similar id say.

I had to pull the copper contact out and bend it a little bit to make contact w/ my battery but not that big of a deal. Havent tried it yet so ill be putting it through its paces as my main vape for the next week or so.

Edit: First stem impressions: Holy sheet this thing hits as hard as the Mi AND it only costs half as much. :hmm::whoa: This thing is going to give the mi a run for its money. Excellent vape you got here!

s94xI8T.jpg

wXzPMee.jpg

kAa0YRr.jpg

jRAMOUc.jpg

WOxff4I.jpg

This next image really shows the "shine" that im talking about. Absolutely beautful!
b7o6U7S.jpg

Last edited:

rozroz

Got another two hits and pretty good extraction. Phone ran out of space, stupid auto download of iOS 10.2 ....

Also, sorry for the sound lol shit really must of been popping off hahaha usually quiet...

thanks for the vid.

seems like you press it quite a long time...
i may be wrong before actually trying but i bet i would stay around the 4-6 seconds tops,
with small adjustments here and there.
maybe there are battery juice differences between testers so hard to tell.

also wondering about how even we can bake it depending on hard or soft inhaling perhaps?
i think that soft inhaling causes more even heat throughout the stem, so less "middle burn".
i will definitely keep it soft as possible, better for my micro dosing.

anyway, just theory talk.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
i may be wrong before actually trying but i bet i would stay around the 4-6 seconds tops,
with small adjustments here and there.
maybe there are battery juice differences between testers so hard to tell.

For me a matter of time. If I want to sip and relax I tend to pulse if I'm in a rush I hold down heavy!

When I pulse 4-6 seconds man I'm really sipping it slow though.

My hg2s should be here tomorrow!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
From this pics I can see Dave made a lot of improvements since the beta and the first production batch. I like the logo on the side and it seems the body is slightly recessed, isn't it?

Body is mostly the same, not recessed. The top where the bowl is is slightly shorter, and the bottom is flatter squarer, but mostly the same. I will post some comparison photos soon between my beta and the newer one. Coil is the biggest difference really, it's awesome (and yeah the new logo on the side looks great!)

I don't hold the button that long or pulse much, draw is definitely a factor as is load/herbs, with a manual vape like this there are so many ways to use it effectively, just gotta test test test

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Fme, long button press, slow(er) side in terms of draw, has been most efficient use in terms of battery life. But does degrade taste quickly. Id say I am averaging about 6-7 stems when I extend the stems to 6-7 hits. And that's been my preferred style really let it come up on ya :lol: this thing is incredibly efficient.

Firewood3 capsules are a bit small for a good proper high but the ramp up (6-7 hits) reminds me very much using that, albeit the MV is quicker and stronger and I can stick a bit more in the stem. I'm a sucker for stem vapes and I am having to recharge everyday from using it so much :)

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Fme, long button press, slow(er) side in terms of draw, has been most efficient use in terms of battery life. But does degrade taste quickly. Id say I am averaging about 6-7 stems when I extend the stems to 6-7 hits. And that's been my preferred style really let it come up on ya :lol: this thing is incredibly efficient.

Firewood3 capsules are a bit small for a good proper high but the ramp up (6-7 hits) reminds me very much using that, albeit the MV is quicker and stronger and I can stick a bit more in the stem. I'm a sucker for stem vapes and I am having to recharge everyday from using it so much :)
More batteries. Haha

rozroz

well at last had a 1st ever test with the MVT, and also my 1st convection try ;)
tested a VTC 5 battery for around 10 secs for a glow.

after that i did the instructions from Dave.
(2 sec pre, and then 6-4 secs press+inhale , and then off button and finish inhaling)
this is the material after around 4 hits like that, it's a tiny amount, around 0.1g tops.
with average-soft inhale speed.
i am a "delicate" person so this is enough for my evening,
although heavy users will probably just get a little buzz ;)
the manual control is a bit strange at first but once you start feeling the press/unpress relations it's rather easy. for my humble needs it's quite fast, even a bit too fast for me with a fresh battery.
other observations:
- it's like this bare bone simplest device, but trusty and built to last. just what i need. from what i saw and read about the Milaana i think i prefer this one, slower heat up and less than half the price.
- convection vaping is a different airflow and feel of course. my air was cool and easy and only when i tested clean inhaling when the coil glowed, i felt hot air bit not too harsh.
- i was surprised from the rather nice clouds i had, never had these with my XMAX pro. cool.
- one little downside is emptying the bowl.. atm some resin and bigger bits get stuck and some maintenance is needed. more than a regular ceramic bowl, probably because of the way the screen is located. but if i use the regular round cleaning brush it's fine.
- about the battery, now i can sense the timing but i need to learn when it starts losing it's juice and may need more pressing time.. i wonder how many of these type of hits like i did it takes until getting slower.

hope this helps for new comers.

IMG_1492_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
well at last had a 1st ever test with the MVT, and also my 1st convection try ;)

(2 sec pre, and then 6-4 secs press+inhale , and then off button and finish inhaling)
this is the material after around 4 hits like that, it's a tiny amount, around 0.1g tops.
the manual control is a bit strange at first but once you start feeling the press/unpress relations it's rather easy. for my humble needs it's quite fast, even a bit too fast for me with a fresh battery.
other observations:
- it's like this bare bone simplest device, but trusty and built to last. just what i need. from what i saw and read about the Milaana i think i prefer this one, slower heat up and less than half the price.
- convection vaping is a different airflow and feel of course. my air was cool and easy and only when i tested clean inhaling when the coil glowed, i felt hot air bit not too harsh.
- i was surprised from the rather nice clouds i had, never had these with my XMAX pro. cool.
- one little downside is emptying the bowl.. atm some resin and bigger bits get stuck and some maintenance is needed. more than a regular ceramic bowl, probably because of the way the screen is located. but if i use the regular round cleaning brush it's fine.
- about the battery, now i can sense the timing but i need to learn when it starts losing it's juice and may need more pressing time.. i wonder how many of these type of hits like i did it takes until getting slower.

IMG_1492_sm.jpg
Very nice. I feel like this beautiful piece is made for micro dosing. I had luck putting the screen further into the stem for a larger load. And the clouds are extremely satisfying.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

other observations:

IMG_1492_sm.jpg

Try a toothpick to poke out the loose bits of herb, I have a steel one even from the Air that I use. And also blow out everytime, ideally while it's still warm. That bowl isn't even that small man, you can do less I'm sure I know i have :tup:

I've got some amazing new cali meds, unfortunately also a cold so can't quite fully appreciate them (I'm actually surprised I can taste smell as much as I can, that must be how good they are) Blueberry Cookies and Purple Kush great in the Touch, I still need to try the Larry OG in it though... Can't wait til I can really get the full flavors :drool:

Definitely get better battery life with this new coil too, though my battery can be loose in there, moving, doesn't seem to affect performance. Did I mention how great this new coil is? Quick and efficient, full control at the touch of a finger

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Blow out hot! And use some sort of stir tool. I have a CFX that came with a dabber, lol, but it's honestly a great stir tool and works best with my MVT cause the fat handle works as a perfect tamp down after the stir. I have basically stopped stirring though, enjoy riding it out.

Agree this thing is beez kneez for microdosin.

5Oz73m4.jpg

A beautiful sight. What is mA? Those numbers have lacked consistency. (Nvm figured it out)

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Got some goodies. Glass vials with corks, four position case. Going to offer two stems and a vial in the four pack case for $30 total with shipping. Battery not included.
QRrzgYo.jpg

UzUcAAf.jpg

Or two stems in a two pack case for $20 or one stem and vial in two pack for $15.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Got some goodies. Glass vials with corks, four position case. Going to offer two stems and a vial in the four pack case for $30 total with shipping. Battery not included.
QRrzgYo.jpg

UzUcAAf.jpg

Or two stems in a two pack case for $20 or one stem and vial in two pack for $15.

Like this idea alot!

Also, any of you fellow "Touchers" (that doesn't sound TOO creepy does it?) have any thoughts on a nice case for the MVT and accessories?

djchexxx

A few days update.

I really really like the 14mm size of the stem. It has the perfect amount of draw resistance and the size of the tip is comfortable. The 18mm on the mi was way too big and provided too loose of a draw, but thats just my opinion.

I also find that the mistvape likes a medium/coarse grind. With a finer grind I got hot spots easier but I could just have a heavy finger since im still learning the technique.

MVT: the microdosing champion

Top Bottom