Discontinued MistVape Touch

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Here is the two pack.
BELBukQ.jpg

It is the battery case from IMR and a stem that has been cut to fit the case. Going forward all the stems I supply will fit the cases, the original was 3" long to fit the case it is 2 3/4". The vial holds 1.1 g of ground herb. Found that the stem fits into the vial for easy loading.
KqhOL0S.jpg

The only thing i don't like is that the cork has to be cut to fit in the case. So the end is a little ragged. I just need to get some really sharp blades to get clean cuts. The first couple I cut I just grabbed an exacto knife, too lazy to get a fresh blade.

Crussell27

Fellow vapor brother
Hey all! :wave:

Super medicated and made a quick low temp water pipe video.
I also have a longer low temp video I can post but *spoiler alert* I was more medicated.:D

Love the dube tube Dave! Perfect the stem fits in to it!

Using a water piece really blasts through the bowls. Love it. Got super medicated this afternoon before work, then realized I had to go to work. Haha

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
The only thing i don't like is that the cork has to be cut to fit in the case. So the end is a little ragged. I just need to get some really sharp blades to get clean cuts. The first couple I cut I just grabbed an exacto knife, too lazy to get a fresh blade.

The DIY consensus online seems to be to soak the corks in hot/boiling water for 10 minutes and then they will cut smoothly with a serrated edge knife. Of course, as an alternative, there are plastic vials online with attached caps that work nicely, although the stem fitting into the vial you have now, for easy loading, is a nice feature that I'd think you'd want to keep.

Keep them good ideas coming!

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Got it.

Going to post some more pics and impressions later, but I just wanted to show off the beautiful lustrous sheen this wood has. Turn it the right way in the light and it get's this glow to it. Luminous even.

Normal:
IMG_20161220_234027.jpg

Glowing:
IMG_20161220_234037.jpg

So much prettier in person, I wish my pictures did it justice!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
This has been only thing I've used really since last Monday and it worked out great especially cause I had off work + had to watch my parents dog. It's small form factor was great I just brought with my cloths. Got ripped the last few days, they are none the wiser :)

I also used it outside a fair bit in 20 degree weather and while it took a bit longer, still worked.

You guys must really sip or pack tight. I have been experimenting holding button down til I see coil glow. About 10 sec. Then I let go for a sec, rehit and will draw slow and while thick vapor no close to combustion for me. I've also held button down about 7 sec then started a slow draw while holding, letting off after about 15 total seconds. Darker than the former but still not close for me. I am drawing as slow as I can basically lol I half pack to 3/4 pack but don't tamp it down.

Now tamped down, fine grind, it was overall more roasted and I could see it maybe happening, definitely started getting thick clouds tho so let off button. Assume if I did press more would combust.

Just field reports :)

Also, for mine at least. My "hotspot" is around 11 to 4 with screw being noon. I'm always ripped and hadn't paid too much mind, but was thoughtful enough to check yesterday. So after about 3-4, I pull out, no stir, but rotate stem so the lighter spots in this hotter zone and can fully cash stem no stir needed. Which is great because I found better results with a stir formerly but needing a stir takes away from portability IMO

My body is almost cashed from all this science and testing :lol: I shall persevere

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@HellsWindStaff I combust too easily. I think the swimmers lungs give you amazing capacity, your sip is probably my big gulp.
Last night I nursed a stem all night. I couldn't believe it. Generally I like the tasty earlier hits and will load up a fresh stem without much thought. Last night I just kept trying to get one more hit and it kept producing. Never got to the second stem.
@StormyPinkness had some great questions about maintenance and stem/screen cleaning
The stem is drilled out to 3/8" (9.5 mm) so any cup screen should work if it is that size. Use a round stick (chopstick?) and push the screen out, it has to come out of the ground glass end. Then a soak in everclear (95% ethyl alcohol, not available everywhere-the stuff is like moonshine) or rubbing alcohol or maybe 100 proof vodka. This makes the screens like new. Also hit me up and I'll sell you some extra screens.
@Vape Dr. what did you tell me was good to treat the wood with?

This is off topic but a great piece of trivia. Why do they call 100 proof booze 100% proof since it is only 50% alcohol? In the days of cannons on ships (think pirates) they used alcohol soaked rags on a stick to light the cannon fuse. Before a battle the cannon master would test the alcohol to make sure it burns because the crew would dip into the alcohol. 50% alcohol will burn and give you 100% proof that it is good to use in the battle.
If anyone knows this to be not true don't tell me, it's my favorite piece of trivia.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
What would be the best way to do CBD oil in the Mist Touch?

Prob cotton?

Regarding screen clean, definitely works better with a clean stem! I pop mine out with a dabber. Toss in a glass Pyrex dish. I torch it on medium high til it glows. I wait a min or two, flip, do same thing. Rinse ash with water. Retorch briefly to evaporate the water. Good as new, albeit a bit more rigid from the heat!

rozroz

i just love pure convection and this device.
full manual operation has grown on me.
now that i more or less know my exact inhale speed (VERY soft)
and feeling the air temp as it heats up,
i can always sense when to stop pressing and continue to inhale,
it has a kind of a "magic point" that get great low temp heating.
(very important thing, this sort of tells you how strong is the battery),
and that happens as advised, around 4-6 seconds for me.
three hits like that and i'm settled for the night.

yesterday for instance, i probably gave it a too long pre-hit,
so at the 1st hit i got too hot and i had a lot of vapor,
and later i saw a tiny grain bit of combustion,
and also had a "burn spot" at the center of the bowl.
that also proofs slow inhaling works best,
and perhaps hard inhale would be optional only after button release.
today i was extra careful and it's all smooth.

and to think this is as good as the Milaana and i payed less than half the price.
insane!

when this becomes a hit vaporizer, Dave will be in over his head! :science:

IMO this should be a 100$ price tag to be a perfect product as it is now.
120$ tops, after final upgrades and official device release.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
i just love pure convection and this device.
full manual operation has grown on me.
now that i more or less know my exact inhale speed (VERY soft)
and feeling the air temp as it heats up,
i can always sense when to stop pressing and continue to inhale,
it has a kind of a "magic point" that get great low temp heating.
(very important thing, this sort of tells you how strong is the battery),
and that happens as advised, around 4-6 seconds for me.
three hits like that and i'm settled for the night.

yesterday for instance, i probably gave it a too long pre-hit,
so at the 1st hit i got too hot and i had a lot of vapor,
and later i saw a tiny grain bit of combustion,
and also had a "burn spot" at the center of the bowl.
that also proofs slow inhaling works best,
and perhaps hard inhale would be optional only after button release.
today i was extra careful and it's all smooth.

and to think this is as good as the Milaana and i payed less than half the price.
insane!

when this becomes a hit vaporizer, Dave will be in over his head! :science:

IMO this should be a 100$ price tag to be a perfect product as it is now.
120$ tops, after final upgrades and official device release.

:nod: glad you are enjoying it, I thought you would but it was hard to explain the manual nature of this pure convection on demand until you tried it for yourself. I also flavor chase low temps so this is very similar to my experience but I do get bigger higher temp hits sometimes too, and i also like to temp step as well (plus varying bowl sizes) And yeah battery life seems awesome with this new coil, haven't tested fully, but checked voltage after a bowl with a full HG2 and it was only at ~4.15v so could be 10 bowls

That draw speed thing is also spot on in my experience, I like a to slow and steady pull the heat through the load for perfect convection vapor that I can sense in my throat, it only takes seconds so no reason to draw so fast imo. Milaana is similar in that regard (and similar overall sure, but again as I said also quite different... It also is not less than half the price since a Milaana without battery bare bones cost $190, while MVT was $100 so it's actually more than half, and there you do get a long stem and short stem at that price I believe)

I do think the price will need to be raised a bit so they can be more sustainable and match demand, I honestly think it could easily command as much as $150 depending on accessories included... So all the more reason to jump in early while this crazy low price lasts!

b0

Cloudy...
It seems like I'm gonna start the year with the last one of this batch.

Really looking forward to it, after seeing so many familiar faces here talking good about this vape and with that price I couldn't help myself, damn vas!

It's gonna be a nice start of the year for me: CFV, Mist Touch and my Milaana should come back soon with some special tunning. My Omnivap was feeling lonely as my only portable atm

Convection rules! :clap::rockon:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Glad you are enjoying the Touch. The price is actually too low but I can stay at this level for now. I'm hoping to cut costs by being more efficient and getting better prices as I buy in bulk. I would really like to offer the basic unit for under $100 and then have more complete offering that include extra stems and screens.
The last batch is gone so time to get to work on the next batch, actually already cut the wood blocks have to start machining now. For the upcoming batch I am farming out the board etching and assembly so that will free me up for more assembly :)

rozroz

is there a consensus on when to change the battery?
the problem is that if i check
when the coil glows i already waste quite a lot of good juice..
so i wondered.
only a measurement device i guess?

Shit Snacks

is there a consensus on when to change the battery?
the problem is that if i check
when the coil glows i already waste quite a lot of good juice..
so i wondered.
only a measurement device i guess?

Yeah RBT started included these little single cell chargers that can also check voltage, I think there are smaller ones that just check voltage too. I just use the Nitecore D2 if I need to start home to see, or try to count bowls.

rozroz

Yeah RBT started included these little single cell chargers that can also check voltage, I think there are smaller ones that just check voltage too. I just use the Nitecore D2 if I need to start home to see, or try to count bowls.

ok then, thanks. i have a simpler Nitcore though.
what's your regular routine and how many bowls till you change battery?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

ok then, thanks. i have a simpler Nitcore though.
what's your regular routine and how many bowls till you change battery?

I honestly don't know yet, I haven't gotten to test number of bowls on this new model, but as I said before I think 10 is a solid estimate depending on the load packed, along with how you draw and use trigger... Could be more could be less, but that should help guide until I can test more (and you can test yourself, try to be consistent and see how many bowls you get before performance really drops off)

Top Bottom