1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

MistVape Essence

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by mistvaporizer, Jul 19, 2017.

1. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Click to play YouTube Video

2. Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAA

Got a new Essence from @mistvaporizer yesterday, I had only had my tulipwood prototype until now so this is my first time trying the finalized unit. I'll have to come back in here with some photos because it is so fucking gorgeous in person, bacote body with cocobolo lids.

I only did two bowls last night, but performance was so vastly improved from the prototype. I definitely do not miss the carb hole (which is saying something for me) and the new heat intake is awesome. So easy to just point the flame from my honest torch and inhale for nice dry hits. Gotta try through water since end of second bowl I was feeling it on my throat. Also need to try a longer stem, haven't used the maple WonG with glass insert yet either, but it looks great as does the new standard stir/screen/tamp tool. Everything well made

Really really impressed how this product has taken shape, $99 is a very nice price for everything you get here, it is just like a little wood/glass flute pipe. Super simple and plenty portable, definitely fun to use and very effective! I'll be back with more later on...

EDITED TO ADD PHOTOSSSSSSS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(first try through bubbler was great by the way!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Hjalmark, Philreal187, Alegre and 7 others like this.
  3. mistvaporizer

mistvaporizer Well-Known Member Manufacturer

I have a limited number of units ready to ship and I am offering them at $79 including shipping.

4. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

Sounds like a pretty good BF deal...count me in!

5. Shit Snacks

Thats one hell of a deal! These new units are SO nice, excellent craftsmanship and super simple to use. I might even be so bold as to say these are easier for anyone to pick up and vape than a DaisyBrick, a great choice if you are looking to try out pure convection with direct torch heating

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  6. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy FUCK CANCER TOO !

UPDATE: Ordered and shipping out today, Dave said!

7. Beaker

Beaker Member

Got mine a couple weeks ago, very nice vape!

8. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I don't know how I missed this vape until now.

I just had to place an order for a kit as soon as I saw these yesterday over on another forum and can't wait to try it out.

:tup:

9. mistvaporizer

@RUDE BOY great to see you here. Your Essence will ship on Monday.

10. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

been fuckig with the essence for a few weeks now...i like it.

i think whats stopping the love is not having mastered the 'flame aim' ...though it is improving over time.

when i am able to get the right aim to match my orientation (sitting vs standing vs laying down)
    the hits are tasty and things are effortless.

I really like the form factor too, the tube shape make it one of the easiest flame vapes to take around.

11. NizzyJones

NizzyJones Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh my. I think I'm onto something here, guys ;)

12. mistvaporizer

I'm liking it!

WakeAndVape and StormyPinkness like this.
  13. mistvaporizer

I have been trying to adapt a mini lathe I built so it turns the Essence blanks while the CNC router cuts the profile. There were a lot of issues with getting everything working but it is working nicely now. Working to come up with the best looking profile I can. The wall thickness of the Essence is a limiting factor, it starts at about 2.5 mm and I like to leave it at no less than 1.5 mm thick after trimming. This doesn't leave a lot for design work but I like where this is going.
    I could make the Essence a larger diameter but don't want to, I can make the maple insert a little bit smaller in diameter which will give me more material in the wall of the Essence which means more shape in the profile.

I'm going to tweak this a bit more but I think the next generation Essence is going to look even better than the current one.
    Let me know what you think of the new design, as it progresses I'll post more.

14. mistvaporizer

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here is the new body design. The caps are stock ones but they are getting a redo as well. I'll post more soon. Basically added some taper and curves to the unit instead of the simpler line cuts I was using.

15. Shit Snacks

Beautiful!

WakeAndVape and StormyPinkness like this.
  16. mistvaporizer

[​IMG]
    Made a couple changes. The overall length is 6 3/4" which is 3/4" longer than the original. This lets me use a little longer air inlet and makes it a bit easier to use imo.
    The end caps are blood wood which I am really liking.

17. mistvaporizer

The WonGs are here! I have been working on this since July and it has been a nightmare at times. But they are finally done. Solid maple, 14/20 tapers both ends, 3" long and recessed on one end to accept our standard cup screen. Perfect for bubbler hook ups. Since it is 14/20 taper on both ends it will fit any glass set up that is 14 mm. In the store at www.mistvaporizer.com
    [​IMG]
    Since I had these "mass" produced I am offering them for $12 including shipping, glass liners are an extra $5.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Will those be bare or have glass in the middle? I really want to clean the glass lining in mine and then never put it back.

Ope well if I read.. Nvm. ...any tips on removing the glass liner.

19. mistvaporizer

You need a dowel about 3/16" diameter. Just push it through, the glass and screen should come out.

20. mistvaporizer

Introducing the Bare Essence, this has all the functionality of the Essence with none of the exotic wood. Just the maple insert, WonG and air inlet. Complete unit for $30 includes domestic shipping.
    [​IMG]
    I'll post a video later with this on the Beer Bottle Bubbler, works great. Thinking this is a perfect unit for taking along where it might get lost.
    Here we go, I got the video done. Using the latest BBB with improved vent valve, this one is made of stainless.

Charlie Parker playing Lover Man in the background

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    Hjalmark, Vitolo, Shit Snacks and 4 others like this.
  21. steviekool

steviekool Well-Known Member

Well, I have had VAS all weekend. Went from putting an ArGo into my cart, which never happened, to all sorts of research for a new Vape, and the essence won today. Just placed an order and am super excited to get this. Lately it’s been all about my dynavaps and my sticky brick jr. love wooden, simple pieces that are fun to use. This is right up my alley. Can’t wait!

22. mistvaporizer

@steviekool shipping today, let us know how you like it

Hjalmark and StormyPinkness like this.
  23. steviekool

Thank you sir, I definitely will!

StormyPinkness and mistvaporizer like this.
  24. steviekool

So I had a day to mess around with the essence, and I must say it is exactly what I was hoping for. A beautiful piece of wood, massive clouds on the first hit! And they just continued to be big clouds, 5-6 times until it was about done. Amazing flavor with the glass, super easy cleaning, hardly a learning curve.

Thank you Dave, I’ll be back to your shop soon :)

25. Shit Snacks

Yes the current design of the Essence with the new heat intakes is perfect. Used the GonG last night with some hash on top of herbs and it worked quite well :tup:

StormyPinkness and mistvaporizer like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors