• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued MistVape Essence

How was your experiance with the mist vape bare essence

• Good

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

RelaxedNow

Considering that I enjoy my Touch (though it's currently in second position to a regulated device), and assuming the Essence will be even better, I'm interested.

It's getting tough to keep up with purchasing all of the great vape projects that we're seeing. But, I'm willing to try.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Wow you found this fast, didn't really expect much action until I shouted out.
Here's the deal, what's the essence of vaping? A heat source, an air path and something to hold the material to vape. So I went for the basics and got this.
EQP0vvq.jpg

The stem is just for giving a sense of the size. This one is purple heart.
Now take the caps off.
fbHB2Rl.jpg

Up top is the stem, just like a MVT. On the bottom is the air inlet. Load the stem, like a MVT, wave a torch across the inlet and it vapes. I like waving the torch, some like pointing it directly into the inlet.
My concern with exotic woods is that they are oily and I am concerned about effecting flavor so I did this.
vXavTjb.jpg

The Essence won't come apart like this but this is how it is constructed. The middle piece is a maple insert, the upper section is taper cut to hold a standard stem, the lower section has a couple silicone O rings to hold the air inlet. With the maple insert the outer tube can be any wood at all.
When you are done you can just put the top and bottom cover back in place and it looks like a stick.
The Essence is about 6" long (she said it should be longer but oh well!), and 7/8" in diameter.
@paytonpenn do you have a video? Post if possible.
I was inspired to do this after I got my Sticky Brick, it worked so well I had to look at butane vaping. Now nothing hits like a Brick but the Essence does a fine job.
I am waiting for estimates from a machine shop on making some of the parts so I can't say what it would cost but pretty reasonable I hope.
paytonpenn is using a modification, instead of the stem he has a part that has silicone tubing. Also he has an early proto and the top is just a cap, it doesn't fit over the stem like the new model.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
That's a pretty cool design. Makes me think of a giant cigar. The one in the video looked a little different than the photos, but I'm assuming function would be the same? It did seem like it would need stirring. Convection vapes do typically need stirring, though. Looks especially cool attached to a water pipe, since it's how I usually vape.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Diggy Smalls I am working with a local glass shop to get some gongs made for this so it will fit a 14 mm female water set up. They think they can do it but are still working on a strategy. In the meantime I may make some wood gongs.
The video was the first functional prototype and was used a little different than I use it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow you found this fast, didn't really expect much action until I shouted out.
Here's the deal, what's the essence of vaping? A heat source, an air path and something to hold the material to vape. So I went for the basics and got this.
EQP0vvq.jpg

The stem is just for giving a sense of the size. This one is purple heart.
Now take the caps off.
fbHB2Rl.jpg

Up top is the stem, just like a MVT. On the bottom is the air inlet. Load the stem, like a MVT, wave a torch across the inlet and it vapes. I like waving the torch, some like pointing it directly into the inlet.
My concern with exotic woods is that they are oily and I am concerned about effecting flavor so I did this.
vXavTjb.jpg

The Essence won't come apart like this but this is how it is constructed. The middle piece is a maple insert, the upper section is taper cut to hold a standard stem, the lower section has a couple silicone O rings to hold the air inlet. With the maple insert the outer tube can be any wood at all.
When you are done you can just put the top and bottom cover back in place and it looks like a stick.
The Essence is about 6" long (she said it should be longer but oh well!), and 7/8" in diameter.
@paytonpenn do you have a video? Post if possible.
I was inspired to do this after I got my Sticky Brick, it worked so well I had to look at butane vaping. Now nothing hits like a Brick but the Essence does a fine job.
I am waiting for estimates from a machine shop on making some of the parts so I can't say what it would cost but pretty reasonable I hope.
paytonpenn is using a modification, instead of the stem he has a part that has silicone tubing. Also he has an early proto and the top is just a cap, it doesn't fit over the stem like the new model.

Love it! New o rings look great, nice and clean, that's a great piece of purpleheart too. Is the carb hole gone for good now though?
Simplicity at its finest

For those interested here is my beta, quite a bit different as mentioned, like Payton's, but functionally similar. (SPOILER: it works!)

TFJkE70.jpg

Tulipwood Essence beta with Tulipwood stem from Alan & Tulipwood stir tool/collar from Dave

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Very cool. Very cool. Being manual butane vape, people are going to find all SORTS of techniques you never dreamed of to use it. :) For instance, I can already see that a small section of silicone tubing applied at the end of the mouthpiece would likely suit my water filtration needs.
I was actually skeptical of the butane vapes but after I tried the sticky brick I knew it was a great way to vape (I'm still cranking on the Touch!). So glad to see some enthusiasm hopefully I'll get a quote on the maple insert and I can come up with a price.
@Shit Snacks the carb hole is gone for now but I can add it as an option if people want it. It adds another step or two so we can look at demand for it.

elykpeace

exVASted
After smoking for many years and finally giving it up (fuck combustion) I'm not keen on butane Vapes. Looks like an all inclusive package for those who dabble with torches ... I'm just not a butane kinda guy

Beautiful work as always @mistvaporizer ... Keep it up man!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Looks cool. I would suggest getting rid of that screen in the airpath. I used to torch a lot of my screens(i've tried various metal types) and if you torch for a long time ,the wires start to get thinner,which means tthere are probably some particles going in,although they would probably stop in the herb,but then maybe some fumes (if there are any) from the vaporized metal that can get trough along with the air.
I think that torching thin metals with 1200 C over a period of time might be damaging even for Titanium

Last edited:

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
paytonpenn suggested the screens in the inlet to diffuse the heat and it works great. There are two 60 mesh screens with some 325 mesh in between, all 316 SS. It is easy to remove the screens. There is also a screen in maple insert it is 60 mesh SS also removable. Finally the glass stem has a 80 mesh cup screen, again removable.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
is this device best used with water, or is the vapor cool enough to be used dry?

Certainly useable dry, and I consider myself to be a wuss when it comes to hot harsh vapor,though I rarely use water these days. Essence was surprisingly quite comfortable dry (similar to Noochie in that way) as you can feel the heat when you draw and adjust accordingly

AJS

Calm Consistency
Look great man, good work. Probably not for me as I prefer batteries, but if I need something new this could definitely be next on the list. I'm sure the functionality is incredible! To add smoothness dry, you can add glass notches or a winding pattern through the glass. More glass contact = cooler vapor. Either way I'm sure it'll be awesome!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
as soon as I get pricing I will take pre orders. Hopefully in two weeks. I have enough glass for at least 100 units so it will depend on how much they want to machine the insert and how long their turn around time is. Watch the thread and I'll post more when I know.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Like the looks and like the concept! However, as others have mentioned, I'm wondering about vapor heat when used dry.

In terms of pricing for the finished vape, I wonder if it might make sense to produce for both the collector, and the concert-goer? In short, a more expensive and finished "collector's edition" that one would use at home, and then a "basic edition" without all of the finish work so that should it be "lost in the mosh pit" it wouldn't be as big of a deal. Just a few thoughts. :cool:

Good luck, @mistvaporizer !

Top Bottom