• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mist Herbal Vaporizer

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
another new project on indiegogo https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mist-herbal-vaporizer

However, I think the perks are too high. 50-100$ for a grinder only and 500$ for a vaporizer nobody knows anything about yet, is just too much. also the goal is very high with 125k

the video only shows the engraving of a unit, unfortunately

definitely will be tuff for these guys to collect the money for their project, i guess

vapMain.jpg

Last edited:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
talked to this guy (he's actualy pretty cool), today and now i understand his price points much more. this is far from beeing a mass product. the single parts are very expensive, all(!) made in the us and he needs veeery long to make one! same with the grinders.
i do not know much about its technique yet, but it seems not like a mflb! you will be able to control the heat yourself

however, i would have liked to read all these infos in the campaign description, already.

anyway, i will aks him to set up a manufacturers account here and tell us about it in detail

Last edited:

Bouldorado

I think this is the worst Indiegogo I've ever seen.

Just look at his requested amount: $125k. For simplicity, let's assume everyone selects the $350 vaporizer as their perk. This results in 357 vapes he would need to deliver. He says the vape takes 6-8 hrs to make. @ 7 hrs a piece, this is 2500 hrs of labor (for reference, a full-time employee works 2080 hrs annually).

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
Okay, I'm having one of these incoming... I can understand your feelings towards the campaign and the design (never cared so much for design, rather for product safety).
This guy is actually very cool and friendly, I just have the feeling that he's a bit naive and he has no idea how to promote such a campaign, also the production process of the Mist is still very uneconomical and needs to be optimized, for sure!
Anyway, I have a strong affection for home made units, since these are always the most trustworthy vaporizers I have been able to use, so far. Especially the Mist seems to be a very trustworthy device to me, since it was made from US parts, only. No cheap chinese electronics. I aprreciate that a lot!
Remember, this is not a mass produced unit, made to rip you off, but from a guy who thought he can design a better unit. He's obviously an engineer rather than a business man.

I think this has the potential to become some sort of collectable item, if it's good. It is not a mflb knock-off, since it will feature manual temperature control and is powered by 9V batteries, but surely it was inspired by it.

Just wanted to make this statement, since I think you should give it a chance, at least, before you doom it.
Anyway, like always you will be the first I share my impresions with when it's here.

Jack Sprat

I would imagine that the cost of 9v batteries adds up pretty quickly. Perhaps they should look at using something rechargeable.

Jack Sprat,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
no no, these are rechargable batteries, of course! in germany we have a different word for batteries and rechargable batteries, though. sorry for the confusion.

the mist guy sent me this video and I have to confess that I'm a bit amazed right now.
i even start to enjoy the steampunky design a lot. I mean it looks like a unit from a antiques store, but has the technique of a modern vaporizer.
In fact it seems to combine the best of the mflb (design) + davinci classic (size) + pax (temp settings).
Unfortunately, no usage video, so I have no clue if it works as well as one of these mentioned units.
But I'm very confident and I think that this guy deserves your money, much more than some of those other vaporizer projects on indiegogo, since you don't need to worry to get scammed.

Charger is here already, the unit was sent the same day, hope it's here soon, but there is a chance that it got stuck at german custom control.

mod note: back to back posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
hey guys, just a little update. I have a mist here since wednesday. However, it is a prototype/beta unit so I hope you guys understand if I discuss it with the manufacturer first! I have invited him here and I hope he will tell you more about his unit himself, soon.

for now i can say that it's even smaller than the indica, it has a similar air-path diameter, while having infinite temperature control.
it also has some small flaws, that I'm sure can be fixed easily, though

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations MrWeed,

...i even start to enjoy the steampunky design a lot.

If that felt pleasant - and i think i was at the very least entertaining, even stimulating - then i'm ready to bet you'll also enjoy this other demonstration, probably even more:

...temp settings... ...I think that this guy deserves your money, much more than some of those other vaporizer projects on indiegogo...

Indeed, this is so true; both statements actually!! :clap:

At first glance i thought the settings could be for power levels instead of temperature but then i noticed the LED indicator does change colour from green to blue after a hundred seconds into the video, which would sound as good as some fancy e-Cigs anyway!

...I have invited him here and I hope he will tell you more about his unit himself, soon.

Excellent, yet we can already suspect the heating is similar to that of the MLFB, correct?

:peace:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
yes, the blue light flashes when the temperature setting has been reached. I think it's a bit quicker than 100seconds, but depends on the temperature setting, of course.

i would rather compare it with the indica, despite from the looks. It's much more complicated than a mflb. Works with a self-designed circuit board for example and therefore it's much more like a mflb with a build in power adapter in the size of an indica (even a bit smaller and lighter, though!).

However, Dave can answer your technical questions much better, I guess.

the heating element is made of nichrome wire with mica

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations MrWeed,

...it's a bit quicker than 100 seconds...

20 seconds actually, counting from the moment when [Start] was pressed and the heater LED went on:

...Dave can answer your technical questions much better...

Well, it's certainly more about natural curiousity than details at the moment. Though if it's really operating mainly in convection mode and yet it just requires 20 seconds to pre-heat then maybe we'll all want to read more of the technical stuff!

Egzoset,
Reactions: mrweed

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
talked to dave yesterday, he told me that his manufactures account was not approved yet, but he has registered it a couple of days ago! Don't know why validation takes so long, but the mods will have a reason for it.

well it's definitely more than 20seconds, but I haven't stopped the time and I'm using a higher temp setting, than in the video.

it's definitely conduction.

I'm honest. I don't think the Mist has reinvented the wheel, but it can compete with current standarts, at least and I'm sure it will find some lovers due to the high-quality parts he uses.

mist.jpg

size comparison

you can also see that I'm using a temp setting between the orange and the yellow mark

mod note: back to back posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
the heating element is made of nichrome wire with mica
^^so basically, there is a hot plate at the bottom of the herb chamber.

however, he's thinking about making it more like the mflb heating element

@weedemon I don't want to say too much about the performance yet, since I will get a revised model, when he has made the changes based on my feedback. Like I've said, it's still a prototype, but from what he told me, I know that my ideas have already improved the vapor production!

Last edited:
mrweed,
Reactions: Egzoset

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
So Dave asked me to post a link to his own board here, since he is still waiting for approval... (contacted the mod @vtac already, who seems responsible, to find out what takes so long and never got a reply ;/ )

http://mistvaporizer.com/phpbb2/
however, I think the discussion should be here in public.

Last edited:
mrweed,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations MrWeed,

...Dave asked me to post a link...

Well i got this error message when i checked:

Ups, hier hat sich ein
Fehler eingeschlichen...

Fehler-Code: 403

Maybe it's this time of the year when these types of activities can be expected to slow down.

Egzoset,

Bouldorado

I fully support small-business and startups, but I don't think this device is ready to be marketed. Good design has two parts: form and function. He may have the function down, but IMO, this thing is ugly as sin. I understand creating a portable vape is technically challenging, but you just can't completely ignore the aesthetic aspect if you want a successful product. There are some people who enjoy the homemade-look, but that is certainly a small minority of the market.

Other than supporting a startup, is there actually a reason to buy it? Look at his direct competition; the MFLB and the Firewood, both priced around $120. They're significantly cheaper, look much better IMO, and have proven performance backed by a warranty. Not trying to attack the guy, but some concepts are better left as concepts.

Bouldorado,
Reactions: Kief

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
since I have recieved my prototype the unit has changed a lot. I don't know how they look now, but he has definitely changed the design as well. However, it is narrow minded to judge a book by its cover... i mean when it's about looks, I would not use my arizer solo anymore, but hey it's still the best portable vaporizer. For me performance and safe components are much more important.

Last edited:
Top Bottom