• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mist Herbal Vaporizer

hazydays

ok so I am new to vaporizers and I got one of the mist units. It works well I think but I haven't tried any other except the mflb and it seems more convenient than that one. The design I asked about and was told that it was made to fit in a cigarette pack for discrete transport. For that reason there is really no design just size considerations. Also the wood grain is really nice and like mrweed said I kinda like the steampunk style, btw the price is now lower but still kinda high.

Jethro

As a fully converted vaporist (e cigs- mods, etc.) I don't think he should make it so it fits in an empty pack of cigarettes! Many of us have embraced vapor completely! But I like the design.

Jethro,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I kinda like it too and the 'will fit into a cigg pack' size thinking is great for me, But still at even $350 I won't be seein' one.

Is he actually selling these since the go-go boot thing is over and only raised 200 bucks ?

RUDE BOY,

hazydays

I kinda like it too and the 'will fit into a cigg pack' size thinking is great for me, But still at even $350 I won't be seein' one.

Is he actually selling these since the go-go boot thing is over and only raised 200 bucks ?

the price on the mistvaporizer.com website is $180 that includes mist vaporizer, ac adapter, two lithium batteries, battery charger and cleaning brush. The other thing is the wood is really fine, it is quilted maple and has some great grain patterns, very cool to look at after using the unit :-)

hazydays,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

grokit

well-worn member
It's not looking good.

topview.jpg

http://mistvaporizer.com/

2.5 months in from the op, and 0% raised ($200) of the $125,000 indigogo support goal.

hazydays

It's not looking good.

topview.jpg

http://mistvaporizer.com/

2.5 months in from the op, and 0% raised ($200) of the $125,000 indigogo support goal.
Yep the indie thing didn't go well, they are making Mist units but the supply is extremely limited. You have to reserve one (just tell them you plan to buy it, no deposit needed) and then when it is available they will let you know and you can pay for it and they ship it.

hazydays,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I think this is the worst Indiegogo I've ever seen.

Just look at his requested amount: $125k. For simplicity, let's assume everyone selects the $350 vaporizer as their perk. This results in 357 vapes he would need to deliver. He says the vape takes 6-8 hrs to make. @ 7 hrs a piece, this is 2500 hrs of labor (for reference, a full-time employee works 2080 hrs annually).
The manufacturers account just got approved today! Yes I was very naive with this campaign. I viewed it more as people just supporting an idea and being willing to donate. So the price was set high and the target was also set high with the idea that if I got support I could buy some tooling to make it much easier to produce. Sorry for being so dumb about it.

How big is the accumulator?
there is no bag or anything to hold the vapor, the air space above the burner is about .33 cubic inches or 5.4 cubic cm

Salutations MrWeed,

20 seconds actually, counting from the moment when [Start] was pressed and the heater LED went on:

Well, it's certainly more about natural curiousity than details at the moment. Though if it's really operating mainly in convection mode and yet it just requires 20 seconds to pre-heat then maybe we'll all want to read more of the technical stuff!

:peace:
Based on mrweed's initial review I changed the design somewhat. The original design was set to reach temperature and hold it for about 5 seconds then turn off. I changed that so now the unit reaches target temperature and holds it for 10 minutes or until you turn it off. A battery only lasts about 4 minutes on a single charge. I found that this works much better based on the buzz. I am open to suggestions about how long to leave the burner on. Seems that 2 to 3 minutes would be adequate, this is designed to be a personal unit not really for more than two people at a time.

Modnote: 4 back-to-back posts merged

Hi all, the Mist manufacturers account just got approved so I am happy to answer any questions about the Mist. First this is a unit I designed entirely. It has been my off hours project for the last four years. I wanted to make something that used fine wood, had a thermostatically controlled temperature, ran on batteries and gave more than a single use on one battery charge. I believe I have done that. There are two units in the FC community now and in the coming weeks they can tell us how the Mist stacks up to other small vaporizers.

Last edited by a moderator:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
welcome to FC @mistvaporizer.

I have to say the Pictures and video doesn't do the build of the mist any justice what-so-ever. It has a Beautiful crafted wood case, awesome grain with a hi gloss finish and solid build. The grinder is unique and grinds as fine as a mf finishing grinder, pretty cool too.

I've not had much time to mess around with it, so far I had an ok session last night and a better one today.

Just learning so I still Just have to get used to the feel of this little vape since i've been using a kinda large vape (that's new to me also) with a torch the last few weeks so I gotta adjust my expectations and technique.

I'm gonna run a bit of herb through her this weekend and will be able to say more about how it functions.
It does hold tiny loads and i did get a fair buzz off 4-5 hits with very light exhaled vapor just now while typing this. So that's two better sessions today then last nights just ok session.

:rockon:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Haven't spent a lot of time with the mist yet, but just did a small session with around 0.02-0.03 broken down into three loads with visible vapor(not clouds) most of the way, much bigger buzz now 20 minutes later then I thought i would feel. I did pretty much char all three loads a little as i need much more practice and experience and I'll be doing that in the coming week.

still have no real technique down. So far it's just been drop in herb and turn it on then I do shake most of the time its heating and i'm not hitting it, practiced a little with flipping the load off of the heating plate and just to the side in the chamber seemed to be a way to help keep things under control and slow up my session a bit so still learning a technique along with the temp settings. In a bit gonna sit and try lower temps working my way up slowly since i'll have some time to myself tonight so i can plug it in and spend extra time with it, the battery life actually seems pretty good but i'll be able to pay more attention to just getting better results with my bud with out the worry of battery life.

I also removed the little mica sheet that was covering the heating plate and got much better results although I see it did raise the risk of combustion direct contact with the heating surface still works better for me.

More to come ... :science:

Edit from .002-.003 to 0.02-0.03

Last edited:

hazydays

I used mine last night, used a total of 0.1 gram split into two or three loads. Got a great buzz. The herb was definitely charred but I didn't detect any ignition. Small loads and shaking while heating seems to work pretty good.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Haven't spent a lot of time with the mist yet, but just did a small session with around 0.02-0.03 broken down into three loads with visible vapor(not clouds) most of the way, much bigger buzz now 20 minutes later then I thought i would feel. I did pretty much char all three loads a little as i need much more practice and experience and I'll be doing that in the coming week.

still have no real technique down. So far it's just been drop in herb and turn it on then I do shake most of the time its heating and i'm not hitting it, practiced a little with flipping the load off of the heating plate and just to the side in the chamber seemed to be a way to help keep things under control and slow up my session a bit so still learning a technique along with the temp settings. In a bit gonna sit and try lower temps working my way up slowly since i'll have some time to myself tonight so i can plug it in and spend extra time with it, the battery life actually seems pretty good but i'll be able to pay more attention to just getting better results with my bud with out the worry of battery life.

I also removed the little mica sheet that was covering the heating plate and got much better results although I see it did raise the risk of combustion direct contact with the heating surface still works better for me.

More to come ... :science:

Edit from .002-.003 to 0.02-0.03
The mica sheet that Rude Boy says he removed was a test. Some users thought that something was needed to keep the herb off the heating wire. So I added a sheet of mica over the heating wire. The temperature was fine according to my thermocouple (ASTM traceable temperature measuring device) but apparently the vaping action is better when the herb is on the heating wire. Rude boy modified his unit and now I am going to adopt his modification in future units.
Any comments on herb on the heating wire vs using a buffer?
I am assembling about 8 units and have changed from a high gloss polyurethane finish to a more natural flaxseed oil/beeswax finish. The finish doesn't have the shine but finishing components are all natural food grade materials. I don't think that this is a huge deal since the exterior doesn't get hot enough to affect the polyurethane but I am trying to stay away from any harsh chemicals.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I recently bought some nichrome ribbon wire and have constructed a prototype using this instead of round nichrome wire. There is increased vapor production and a small load of about .05 g gives off a wispy stream of vapor for what seems like a long time. I haven't timed it so I don't really know how long it is, it is a definite improvement over the round wire. I am planning on doing a video of this and posting the video. I have three fc users who are going to evaluate this design change so hopefully in a month or two there will be some feedback posted.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The testers have spoken. Seems the Mist isn't quite ready for prime time. Not enough vapor production and not quite enough kick. The whole unit has been redesigned with a new burner, power supply and battery pack. When I get it ready for testing I'll be posting more. The new battery pack will be 1000 mAh, at least that is what I am testing. I am hopeful that will work well.
At this point I am aiming for a non toxic unit that works great. Stay tuned!

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
The 1000 mAh battery pack gives 20 minutes of life at 420 F. Is that long enough? Looking for input from the community, what do you think? I can get longer life with with a bigger pack but the size increases and I'm trying to keep it as small as I can.

mistvaporizer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It depends whats the battery life at 400F? 385? 365? Less? A mixture? If you get more than that in other ways and its replaceable battery and/or can be used while charging then it would be fine I think...

Shit Snacks,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
At max temp, 420 F, it is good for 20 minutes continuous usage. It will get longer life at lower temps, I will test it at various temps soon to get the exact numbers. It will be a removable, rechargeable battery. While it is charging you can use the wall outlet or if you buy an extra battery just swap out. The extra battery pack will be about $20, one will come with the base unit.
Thanks for your input.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Well the basic design is similar to the original Mist just larger. It should still fit in a shirt pocket but the battery is longer and adds some bulk. The plan is to make the max temp 480 F mainly targeting new converted vaporist who are transitioning from smoking to vaping. Not sure if that is a good plan but some people seem to like it. By turning the temp down the user can get more reasonable vaping temps like 350 or 420 F. I am making a plain prototype out of pine just to see how all the parts fit together, I'll post some pics when I can.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
It has been a while since I last posted. Check out www.mistvaporizer.com for some new pics. The latest design has been finalized and I've made four units total. The cover for the burner is now detachable as is the battery door. The new battery is 11.1 V, 1000 mAh. The max temp is 430F and this is adjustable to less than 260 F ( really no reason to go so low but that is the best settings I can get)
The new design is focused on all non toxic materials, the only glue is titebond and a little hot glue gun in two areas away from heat. The burner cover has a wood frame with a pyrex glass plate sealed with silicone.
The plug in is 12 V 1.25A, using the plug in the unit attains 430 F in one minute (with an empty bowl)
Any questions just ask

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Someone just pointed out that the info on the mistvaporizer.com website is incorrect. The description page has old information about the size, battery life etc. I'll get that fixed asap.

mistvaporizer,
Top Bottom