MiniVAP Vaporizer

JCat

Accessory Maker
So got a second unit today to try to resolve the battery issue ... so now I have 2 units and 2 batteries and I'm yet to get a unit that stays powered on by battery for more than a 15 seconds or so (sometimes it might make it to 30 seconds or so :))

I'd love to just get a working portable unit at this point, but the guys at VaporizeIt have been great just with shipping delays this is really dragging on ... I'd love to get it working and send back all the extra stuff to them!

JCat,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
So got a second unit today to try to resolve the battery issue ... so now I have 2 units and 2 batteries and I'm yet to get a unit that stays powered on by battery for more than a 15 seconds or so (sometimes it might make it to 30 seconds or so :))

I'd love to just get a working portable unit at this point, but the guys at VaporizeIt have been great just with shipping delays this is really dragging on ... I'd love to get it working and send back all the extra stuff to them!

Very perplexing how your unit(s) seem incapable of proper function with the battery. Have you spoken with Jorge about this? Hate to see a minivap not reaching it's full potential and satisfying it's user.

tepictoton

I am not saying you didn't try all already, just guessing, because two faulty units...seems like something else might be going on here...

You say it goes on for about 20-30seconds. What exactly does it do then? And I mean the led lights in particular?

Normal function is, it jumps on, starts flashing christmas tree like all over lol, and then starts to heat up to your previously selected temp.

You very sure the battery is connected correctly? Meaning first you aling the two little marks on the back of the unit(one empty dot, one filled) and then you turn the battery to the right till you can feel it set, there should be a very noticable 'click'(not as in the sound, but you can feel it) when it reaches the right point.

Please do not see this as me thinking you are stupid or something, but sometimes one can overlook the smallest of things and in that way not get what they should:)

And the charger light shows green when you dock the battery?

Hope you find the answers soon or at least get a properly functioning unit asap...

tepictoton,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Very perplexing how your unit(s) seem incapable of proper function with the battery. Have you spoken with Jorge about this? Hate to see a minivap not reaching it's full potential and satisfying it's user.
I haven't yet ... I've been dealing with Slide4Less directly as they've been trying their best to help (purchased it just before MiniVAP opened their International Site/Sales up) ... it does seem perplexing ... I can't see it being anything but a defective unit or battery though as there really isn't anything else left for it to be :lol:
I am not saying you didn't try all already, just guessing, because two faulty units...seems like something else might be going on here...

You say it goes on for about 20-30seconds. What exactly does it do then? And I mean the led lights in particular?

Normal function is, it jumps on, starts flashing christmas tree like all over lol, and then starts to heat up to your previously selected temp.

You very sure the battery is connected correctly? Meaning first you aling the two little marks on the back of the unit(one empty dot, one filled) and then you turn the battery to the right till you can feel it set, there should be a very noticable 'click'(not as in the sound, but you can feel it) when it reaches the right point.

Please do not see this as me thinking you are stupid or something, but sometimes one can overlook the smallest of things and in that way not get what they should:)

And the charger light shows green when you dock the battery?

Hope you find the answers soon or at least get a properly functioning unit asap...

Don't worry ... I'm not taking it personally :) (I'm a software developer and have done years of customer support before and as part of being a developer, and don't assume anything when trying to troubleshoot an issue ...)

I've tried everything ... it works (like normal) for the first 30 seconds, as in it goes through the cycle, starts blinking/heating, then just shuts off. Both units with both batteries do the exact same thing. Both units work normally when plugged in to the Power Adapter. The lights indicating the battery charge at the back of the unit when you first turn it on shows it has a full charge. I've also tried cleaning/scraping the contacts a little to make sure the connection was good, etc., etc. ... same result regardless.

Interestingly if I heat it on the PA, then swap in the battery with it already heated, it seems to last longer before shutting off (leading me to believe it fails to draw sufficient current for whatever reason at some point and the safety mechanisms shut it off as if the battery is going dead so as to not run the unit with too little current which could lead to damage ... just my hypothesis ...)

Leaving for out of Town weekend after next and would have really liked to have a working unit with battery but it's not looking good at this point ... been trying for months ... :( ... sigh ... no knock to the MV as it works great when its working and no knock to Slide4Less who have been doing their best to get me a functioning unit ...

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Interestingly if I heat it on the PA, then swap in the battery with it already heated, it seems to last longer before shutting off (leading me to believe it fails to draw sufficient current for whatever reason at some point and the safety mechanisms shut it off as if the battery is going dead so as to not run the unit with too little current which could lead to damage ... just my hypothesis ...)

Definitely seems like a power supply issue. I've had the MV do the same when I had run the battery too low. I'd say the batteries are the culprits here.

VaporEyes,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Definitely seems like a power supply issue. I've had the MV do the same when I had run the battery too low. I'd say the batteries are the culprits here.
That's what it seems like to me ... but 2 bad ones in a row? And I was under the impression they had tested them before sending them over at Slide4Less ...

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
@JCat Is your unit a store model/used or new? Arent batteries direct from manufacturer supposed to arrive fully charged? It seems your getting used batteries, I would be really upset. Have they(s4L) tried sending you a new battery charging dock? Good luck man

Nbajunkie,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
That's what it seems like to me ... but 2 bad ones in a row? And I was under the impression they had tested them before sending them over at Slide4Less ...

Truth is stranger than fiction, as they say :shrug:. Purely conjecture here but does S4L have some older batteries/units from MV? May have received that instead of a more up to date version?

JCat

Accessory Maker
Didn't you have multiple Cloud problems as well? If so, you either have extremely bad luck or have a 'Bermuda triangle of vapes' thing going on over there.
You got it sticks ... I've had some seriously bad luck with my vapes in 2013 ... 2 Clouds died in a month (have one back, waiting for other to come back from repair ...) ... went about 2 months without a working Cloud even though I own 2 so this won't happen ... luckily received my MiniVAP just before my second Cloud died ... love my MiniVAP but it's been 2 months since I got it and have yet to use it portable (although it did a great job substituting for my Clouds).

Also got a Cera ... my Cera didn't come before my trip to Jamaica but managed to get one from another member in time (nearly didn't make it due to FedEx screw up). Got my EO cart, some extra batteries, GonG adapter for it when I got back from Jamaica ... EO core didn't have any air movement through it (no air went through vents--resolved by removing a set screw based on TV's advice) ... Glass adapter was smashed and glass dust was on everything, battery was crushed beyond belief ...

There's probably more but that's just a quick summary of my vape experiences this year ... I love all the vapes I've purchased ... but not a single transaction has gone smoothly ... oh well ... truly first world problems! :lol:

JCat,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
didn't you determine that there were some electrical issues at your house? I wonder if they are playing into your portable issues with the MV.

stickstones,

JCat

Accessory Maker
didn't you determine that there were some electrical issues at your house? I wonder if they are playing into your portable issues with the MV.
My MV works flawlessly with the PA (just not with the battery), so I'm positive that's not it ... plus the MV uses power converted already to DC so it would fry the PA not the MV if issues were to arise (plus I've put a voltage conditioner/regulator) in front of all my vapes to resolve any drops/surges that could potentially occur ... might not have even been the source of the problem but might have with the Clouds since the AC/DC conversion happens in the Cloud itself.

S4L is sending me yet another battery (after a quick discussion), or maybe just a full unit with battery and all and a return shipping label for all the other stuff once I have a working unit. (at this point I'm sure they've lost money on me so I feel kinda' bad as the shipping here isn't exactly cheap!)

JCat,

tepictoton

sorry to repeat my question, but what does the charger light say when you put the battery on it? Is it green r red?

tepictoton,

JCat

Accessory Maker
sorry to repeat my question, but what does the charger light say when you put the battery on it? Is it green r red?
It's green ... then if I run the unit on a battery for a couple 10-30 second cycles (that's all it will do), and put it back on the base, then the charger light is red until it turns green a few minutes after (I haven't timed it) once the battery has recuperated the little charge I ate up in the unit.

JCat,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I'm pretty sure you got another battery of that defective batch. They look like working but after a short time they switch on protection mode

Roger D,

tepictoton

hope you get helped soon as possible...if the unit is working on the base then it most likely will be another faulty battery.

tepictoton,

Nbajunkie

Last night after 15 minutes or so of warm up, from a cold fully charged unit I got unit to red.I wanted to try red because I been feeling a little more edgy lately with the lower temps purple,green. Felt good, but after only 30 minutes of running the unit the battery indicated red. It never went to yellow. I ran it for an hr and a half or so last night. Then it I charged it over night. Today After a 5 minute warm up to green the battery indicated red. wtf? Im thinking I may run it tonight and drain the battery. Then try again tommorow. See if that helps.Im kind of concerned about my baby. Looks like Im using the UD tonight..
Jorge followed up with me through email.He told me that there was nothing wrong with my cone. And gave me more detailed instructons for making my own o ring. but I dont have the proper tools to do that. I found a rusty razor blade.Cant make a thin/even cut.. Thats frustrating.Im going to take more higher quality photos. So he can see my issue with my cone .The reason I bought a 500 unit was so I wouldnt have to "rig" up my vape to make it work to my liking, like other portables.This is such a small issue I dont know why I cant just buy a cone?Well I may have bigger problems on my hand, we shall see

Nbajunkie,
Has anyone had issues with the DHL shipping Jorge uses for free shipping(only option?. I was sent a tracking # on tuesday morning, and it still hasn't registered in their system. I'm sure its crappy tracking or hasn't actually left the warehouse, but just curious if any one ran into the same tracking issue as me. Thanks
Sorry about your issues NBA, I hope you get them worked out swiftly.

havealight101,

Hoops

Has anyone had issues with the DHL shipping Jorge uses for free shipping

Mine reached me via DHL in less than a week to Washington, no issues with tracking really. Can't quite remember when it first posted though, or when I first looked. Try calling DHL and get a rep, they may have access to more info....?

Thanks hoops, I did try DHL, they had no record of it. It's probably at the warehouse I guess. I'll contact MV folks, and see what's up.

havealight101,

Nbajunkie

Update - Just got off work and my battery is green. After a full discharge then charge. But now my unit is making a very faint low audible beeping.Its sounds very low and distant. It stops and starts back up infrequently(beeping).Makes the noise when I cycle through the temps too. This is very strange considering its never done this before.

@havealight101 Thats strange whats happening to you. You should be reviewing your new unit by now. Good luck .

Nbajunkie,

tepictoton

@Nbajunkie: really hope for you this either passes or if it does go awry that they help you out asap.

and @ havealight101: my tracking did the same, only to kick in on one day, and a few hours later I had it in my hands(In the nehterlands)...;)

tepictoton,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Update - Just got off work and my battery is green. After a full discharge then charge. But now my unit is making a very faint low audible beeping.Its sounds very low and distant. It stops and starts back up infrequently(beeping).Makes the noise when I cycle through the temps too. This is very strange considering its never done this before.

That "beeping"("whirring" is what I'd call it) is actually the unit going through heat cycles. When it senses that it's below the specified temperature, it will do that.

Nbajunkie

Thanks @Vaporeyes,I agree its more of a "whirring".Your explanation makes sense, except that it also does the whirring when its up to temp, whatever color it may be. :\
Im going to wait till I get all my facts straight before emailing Jorge again

Nbajunkie,
Top Bottom