MiniVAP Vaporizer

justcametomind

Has anyone had issues with the DHL shipping Jorge uses for free shipping(only option?. I was sent a tracking # on tuesday morning, and it still hasn't registered in their system. I'm sure its crappy tracking or hasn't actually left the warehouse, but just curious if any one ran into the same tracking issue as me. Thanks
Sorry about your issues NBA, I hope you get them worked out swiftly.
I hope you have received your unit already but I had the same issue.
My shipment never showed up on that page but I had my unit just after 48 or less working hours.
@NBA my unit does that sound as well. You probably never heard it before everything must be really silent around you to notice it.

justcametomind,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Actually this just started about 3 days ago since my last posts. It had never made the noise up until that point. Ive also noticed that my minivap has been releasing alot more vapor after I stop inhale.Its stinking up the house and has forced me to vape in the garage.None of this is normal. MV has been my daily driver since thte day I got it. I go through 2- 3 baskets a day.I havent had these issues till recently. I don't think it has anything to do with my herb because I feel like the herb is cooking more-longer. So I think thats why it releasing more vapor and smell.And yes its very quiet when I vape.. I emailed Jorge and voiced my concern. I am willing to ship my unit back. This may sound like nitpicking to some but I cant shake the feeling that somethings not right. Yes I still use my mv as much as Ive been and I still love it. It has just forced me to shape the way I vape and that blows...Plus I still need a new cone. Hope I get some resolutions soon.

these are the images I emailed him-
20130420_010935_zps3ec49eb2.jpeg
20130420_010626_zps50522ec4.jpeg

Nbajunkie,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Actually this just started about 3 days ago since my last posts. It had never made the noise up until that point. Ive also noticed that my minivap has been releasing a lot more vapor after I stop inhale.

My MV has made this noise since the first day it had come into my possession. That was many months ago and so far, so good. The excess vapor, I think, is just leftover from the previous hit. I try and draw this off without actually hitting the MV(don't create seal with mouth).

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Roger D

tepictoton

euhm, if she is a partaker of the herbs as well,

just let her taste what comes out of this little machine and she will get pretty quiet;)

on a side-note, or maybe not, I did some experimenting with putting a small bit of herbs in the chamber and then top it with the basket...so pretty much trapping it in between. Will see what this brings.

After the first period of time with the minivap I have come to prefer the green setting and have found it to produce a decent vapor on that setting, mostly with a glass piece.

I did notice that leaving away the bong gives me sesions (purple setting mostly, finish at green) that are much more prolonged and give me noticably less caughing then I got with my solo. Not to mention the difference in flavor compared to the solo.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I damaged my black silicone cone so I'm running on my 1st one. I'll call tomorrow to see what is up about the production. I really need some spare, it's getting kind of annoying

Roger D,

Polyrhythm

Actually this just started about 3 days ago since my last posts. It had never made the noise up until that point. Ive also noticed that my minivap has been releasing alot more vapor after I stop inhale.Its stinking up the house and has forced me to vape in the garage.None of this is normal. MV has been my daily driver since thte day I got it. I go through 2- 3 baskets a day.I havent had these issues till recently. I don't think it has anything to do with my herb because I feel like the herb is cooking more-longer. So I think thats why it releasing more vapor and smell.And yes its very quiet when I vape.. I emailed Jorge and voiced my concern. I am willing to ship my unit back. This may sound like nitpicking to some but I cant shake the feeling that somethings not right. Yes I still use my mv as much as Ive been and I still love it. It has just forced me to shape the way I vape and that blows...Plus I still need a new cone. Hope I get some resolutions soon.

Yo NBAjunkie,

I've found that the silicone tubing ends up taking on the herb smells. ISO every few days gets the super strong smells out of the tubing. Maybe your issue is different, but the tubing definitely had my wife asking if I left anything out. :)

Polyrhythm,

justcametomind

I'm on a break since a week or so, I didn't follow the thread very much lately, but I got a response from George.
He gave me the possibility to acquire some spare parts, the white cone is 6€, the basket is 4, and the screens are .5€ each.
I asked for a white chamber ring just in case and it's 2€. I think I mentioned everything I asked for.
I still have to get confirmation for the order, but I'm not so anxious about it cause I'm not vaping at the moment and I'm really enjoying the soberness. (But I still want a Cloud and this new cone for the MV!!!;))
@tep: thanks for the like and enjoy Koninginnedag parties! For me as well, green setting all the time!
Almost forgot, in the email I got from George, he hinted at customizable temperature settings in future MV updates. Pretty nice I think.

tepictoton

How about this?
24xdj54.jpg

leading to this
6s3sr7.jpg

and this would work with either of the cones;) all you need is some broken glass, leading to some luck, and a little piece of the tubing.

Seeing there is only a really small piece to it attach too, namely the little ring of plastic popping up out of the top cap, I first taught it would be loose and unstable, but it is a tight fit and the glass piece stays in place neately when I pull it of the bong...

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
How about this?
[IMAGE]
leading to this
[IMAGE]
and this would work with either of the cones;) all you need is some broken glass, leading to some luck, and a little piece of the tubing.

Seeing there is only a really small piece to it attach too, namely the little ring of plastic popping up out of the top cap, I first taught it would be loose and unstable, but it is a tight fit and the glass piece stays in place neately when I pull it of the bong...

Nice, very similar concept to what I came up with. :freak:

VaporEyes,

Nbajunkie

Ive been in contact with Jorge and he said"Remember that you can shape the cone to put the mouth piece in. Anyways, in 10 days we will send you the new version of the cone, made from high temperature transparent silicone. It seals much better."
Im not really sure what he means by shaping the cone, but Im very excited about the new silicone cone. I hope that means that they are ready to start selling the new accessories kit. I see alot of happy mv owners in the very near future..:)

tepictoton

@Nbajunkie you using it with a water tool aka bong aka I don't know what to call them anymore lol?

tepictoton,

Nbajunkie

Actually I hardly run my mv through water..I get thoroughly medicated just with the straw. And its less hassle..I did rig up my mv with some of my thick tubing from ud and the glass from my mflb wpa. So my setup looked like yours. Sadly my results werent so good. the connection w the tubing kept coming apart. So Ive been using my UnderDog with my glass, because of my mv issues. I do use my minivap on the road. Its very stealth(nevermind the flashing light);) looks like a waterbottle of sorts.I did order a female adapter for my new bub. .. Gosh I cant wait to stop using my mv like a novice.:|

tepictoton

hehe actually I noticed it worked just as fine without water too...just wondering what others prefered set-ups are, with or without water.

justcametomind

I'm too lazy, I'm fine with the straw as well. Before buying the unit I kept in mind some members opinions referring to the mouthpiece not providing a perfect seal (I think it was JCat or some other?), so I tried a couple of times the silicone one but the little one is just too easy to put on.
BUT if I knew where to get those nice glass pieces Roger has I'd think about getting some better glass equipment. :razz:

justcametomind,
Reactions: Nbajunkie
Do you guys use the basket? I feel like the air is traveling around it, instead of through it. Either that, or the ptfe cone is not sealing nice, and air is coming in from above the heater. My first session was nice, but not too cloudy, but still pleasurable. My next two sessions kinda sucked cause to much air or something, just wisps came out.
Also, can this thing handle full power draws, like the cloud?
I have been under the weather, so I havn't been able to put it through its paces, but overall, I can tell this is a sweet vape, it just needs a little tweeking, maybe.

havealight101,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Do you guys use the basket? I feel like the air is traveling around it, instead of through it. Either that, or the ptfe cone is not sealing nice, and air is coming in from above the heater. My first session was nice, but not too cloudy, but still pleasurable. My next two sessions kinda sucked cause to much air or something, just wisps came out.
Also, can this thing handle full power draws, like the cloud?
I have been under the weather, so I havn't been able to put it through its paces, but overall, I can tell this is a sweet vape, it just needs a little tweeking, maybe.

I've always loaded directly into the chamber. Yes, the MV can handle powerful draws but I try not to overtax it.

Thanks VaporEyes. I guess I always seem to over tax my vapes when I first get them...
Has anyone had luck with the basket w/o the silicon cone? It seems to me that loading directly in the chamber would call for more clean up than I like.

havealight101,
Reactions: VaporEyes

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Thanks VaporEyes. I guess I always seem to over tax my vapes when I first get them...
Has anyone had luck with the basket w/o the silicon cone? It seems to me that loading directly in the chamber would call for more clean up than I like.

It actually stays rather clean. If you remove the top and dispose of the ABV while the MV is still warm; you can basically blow any debris away.

tepictoton

Yes, I was thinking of showing exactly this in a video. It is to me one of the more amazing things of this vape, the harder you pull, the more vapor one gets. And one can say this is logic no? No because pulling harder requires more air to be heated, but the MINIVap seems to be able to do exactly that...

I have been amazed at how easy it is to draw clouds, even on blue and purple!!! One does need serious lung power for that, but if you pull on this thing like as if your life is depending on it, it will not let you down.

Still have to try the 'old' cone so that might be a different thing...

Top Bottom