MiniVAP Vaporizer

kimura

This thread baffles me sometimes because I get big vapor on the first draw, even with small loads and I always use the baskets.

I've been through a few failed units and my rule of thumb is now "if I think my MV isn't working properly, I'm probably right". It should produce copious vapor and leave behind ABV that is totally drained. Maybe I'm taking the technique factor for granted... I just don't find it requires much technique. Just draw steadily until you have a lungful of vapor right?

Michel

I get clouds on the very first draw too since I have my replacement unit. Still dry on the throat on highest setting but I don't have to heat the basket with priming hits, or something similar. It doesn't even plays a big role if I use the decarb Kit or the baskets in terms of clouds. Even pre-heating doesn't seem to be necessary, at least I don't pay attention to it anymore. When I noticed it stops blinking I'm ready to go! I have the impression the decarb Kit simply speeds up the session a little and might extract more in one hit, but really not visible to the eye when exhaling.

Edit: @stickstones , how long should a unit take to heat up from room temp to red? Mine takes around 6-7 minutes exactly like the first defective one.

Michel,

subway13029

I get nice clouds using the basket if I'm using the minivap dry..I'm not having good luck using the baskets when I'm using through glass..it seems I get only one good hit or so and then it's done..much better results with direct pack..

subway13029,

subway13029

And it was almost 12 minute from a cold start to red with my glass core..so it took ten minutes for teflon and about 11 and a half for the glass..that is with a new full charge battery.. @stickstones

subway13029,

lwien

This thread baffles me sometimes because I get big vapor on the first draw, even with small loads and I always use the baskets.

This baffles me as well. I wonder why our experiences are so different? Could it be load size or grind consistency or moistness/dryness of bud?

lwien,

Smknbud

Takes 10 min to reach green on a fresh charge with either the glass or teflon. I always thought this was normal.
I timed my teflon core to green from a nearly full battery attached. It took 3 min. 20 sec. before the green light started blinking, and at just under the 5 min. mark total for the green light to go solid.

Half your time. That seems odd.

Smknbud,

subway13029

What's also weird is that it took 3 minutes to start blinking..mine starts blinking immediately??

subway13029,

Smknbud

What's also weird is that it took 3 minutes to start blinking..mine starts blinking immediately??
Mine will start blinking immediately when I attach the battery to the core unit, say right after charging, but if it's already attached then it's as I described two posts above.

Am I on older firmware and that's why??

Smknbud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
caveat...the 8 minutes is on a charger, not the battery, and that's only for units with the current heater and firmware. lwien's units work fine. @subway13029 let's figure out how you want to get me your units so I can see if they are working properly.

stickstones,

lwien

For me, I always charge the battery while it's attached to the vape and the green light starts flashing immediately.

lwien,

Vap974

Hi everybody,i just was asking, you,owners of a minivap,do you prefer another vaporizer (portable or not) and why?:)

Vap974,

MinnBobber

Hi everybody,i just was asking, you,owners of a minivap,do you prefer another vaporizer (portable or not) and why?:)

Hi,
I love my miniVAP. Once in awhile I fire up the Herbalizer for it's strengths---quick 5 second startup and ability to pick an exact temp.
Usually miniVAP though, especially for its versatility--- desktop or portable and for its fantastic flavor and for its super efficience (big effects with minimal herbs).

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Smknbud

Mulehead

Nope, IMO the flavor of the MiniVap isn't comparable in my current line up.
I feel like I lose the true sweetness of my herbs when using another vape.
My log vape is the closest flavor wise, when all glass and screens are freshly cleaned, but still doesn't taste as good as a dirty basket and flexicone in the MiniVap.

killick

But I like it!
I have a couple of vapes, but the MV gets the most use, and the HI gets a lot of action at the compooter, which is also where MV charges. Every now and again, when MV is nice and warm, I might run through a few more baskets just because it's already hot, and it seems to be a waste to just shut it off...

Having said that I'm also on preorder for (cough) a couple more vapes... but these are either always-on or instant-on devices. I'll have to start stashing them around the yard, and tell visitors that it's kinda like an easter egg hunt...

stickstones

Vapor concierge

If stealth isn't an issue, I have none better. Last week I was going to a party and usually go stealth and had the Crafty and Air charged up. Once I realized I didn't have to hide it I reached for the MV and we all had a blast. That big battery powered all five of us for several sessions until we had had enough.

lwien

LSV is my primary driver although the MV is nibbling at it's heals. I'd almost be inclined to say it's 50/50 but it's not quite there.

lwien,
Reactions: Smknbud
Top Bottom