Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

IanJMcG

anyone who has the water pipe adapter for this thing want to give me some tips on screens? mine didn't come with a screen in it and none of the supplied screens with the LSV seem to fit right. the smaller ones are too loose and don't hold their place and the bigger ones won't lie flat because they're too big. any tips?

IanJMcG,

Ash057

IanJMcG said:
anyone who has the water pipe adapter for this thing want to give me some tips on screens? mine didn't come with a screen in it and none of the supplied screens with the LSV seem to fit right. the smaller ones are too loose and don't hold their place and the bigger ones won't lie flat because they're too big. any tips?

The smaller screens should fit the new water pipe adapter perfectly. Do you have the new adapter with little pinches in the glass near the screen area or is your's the older one without pinches?

Ash057,

IanJMcG

picture19zl.png

i have this one and the little screens are way too loose. like if i tried to use the poker tool to stir around my herb it can easily flip over and dump some of the herb down into the water

IanJMcG,

Ash057

IanJMcG said:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4489/picture19zl.png

i have this one and the little screens are way too loose. like if i tried to use the poker tool to stir around my herb it can easily flip over and dump some of the herb down into the water

Are you sure the screen is under the glass pinches?
Those 3 pinches keep the screen from flipping.
If still a problem you should contact 7th Floor customer service and they will take care of it.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I found that it helps to get the screen well "domed' first.. as round as you can.... then when shaped like a mushroom cap.. you can get it in there (start with dome up it is easier.. keeping dome up won't be as vital in the WPA as in a "wand" unit).
Once you manipulate the screen below all 3 "pinches".. then you can slowly force the screen down.. and it will spread under the pinches, until you have it locked in place.
Sometimes it winds up sort of domed up.. sometimes flat.. and sometimes it is versy snug with a bit of a ripple on on spot or another, but as long as it is below the pinches.. I am good to go.
HINT:
sometimes, when I get a great position in the WPA..
I try not to remove it.. If it needs cleaning I use 91% Iso with it in place.. even a soak and "agitate" motion. Then I run a jet of hot water through to remove any debris. Finally I dry with a shop vac (hold WPA tight!).

Vitolo,

IanJMcG

mine doesn't have the pinches in it, i guess it isn't exactly the same as the one i posted. it looks exactly the same except for the pinches

IanJMcG,

Ash057

IanJMcG said:
mine doesn't have the pinches in it, i guess it isn't exactly the same as the one i posted. it looks exactly the same except for the pinches
Sounds like you got the older adapter. The adapter has been revised since and is no longer a problem. (in fact its perfect!)
Email 7th Floor and kindly explain the situation and I bet they will take care of you.

Ash057,

Tuck

treecityrnd said:
Also another huge +1 for 7th floor, Ellysa and all those lovely glass people behind the closed doors. Got a couple personally designed glass pieces for my "glass only" setup and everything looks great! No more silicone for TreeCity! My masterpiece is almost complete (mad scientist laughing can be heard in the background)! Also thanks for your input Chris. Your continued presence gives me security the LSV and all 7th floor products will grow with us for years to come!

I'm interested in your "glass only" setup. I'm wanting to do something similar with my SSV. What did you get?

What I'm thinking is a standard HC wand for the SSV that has a 75-90 degree bend at the end that goes to a 19mm GonG. Another idea is a standard HC wand with a Spherical GG end that goes to a Spherical GG WPA. With the WPA having the 75-90 degree elbow between the 19mm GonG and Spherical GG.

Tuck,

treecityrnd

Hey Tuck, I'm in the process of taking pictures right now. It's one of those rare times when everything is clean at the same time :) I'll post in a day or two with all my stuff. Basically its a RooR ash catcher with adaptable parts/joints for...well, basically any adaptor you want to use; WP, wand, whip, Sherlock pieces, etc. that fits the 18mm 7th Floor joints. Think of the ash catcher as a huge wand with a carb that fits the hands-free HCs. Works perfectly with my DBV, SSV or LSV as I can angle it any way I want (vertically or 90 degrees horizontal). Then all the particulate matter, resin, etc. goes right into the ash catcher so it essentially becomes my vapor hash collector. So everything can be completely cleaned and also all wand hash collected. No loss in the whip tubing or in a WP.

treecityrnd,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I recently got my hands on a DBV and im in love to say the least! After some reading here and lurking the net I have decided that I want the LSV badly! I look forward to this next purchase and cant wait to start chating it up...thanks guys for your reviews and info!

mvapes,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
DrPiff===
I have to echo Vitolo's last post "You'll not regret the choice!"
By far my best purchase of 2010.

Silver420Surfer,

nowonknows

There is a downside, I've hade my lsv for around 6 months and is all I use when at home, now my iolite and freinds eq and db just taste off.

nowonknows,
I was screwing around with the transfer wand last night and had a couple of thoughts.

1: the screen inside the actual heater cover should be a finer mesh. The almost-MFLB grind I use allows a portion to get sucked through, leading to waste and a nasty aroma of burnt material.

2: the LSV transfer wand should have its screen placed lower within the male GonG joint. This way there is less area for the herbal material to "fly around", so that it's sandwiched with less area, allowing more consistent results. An Arizer Extreme Q elbow bowl works really great for this task!

While the WPA definitely dominates my LSV usage, the transfer has its place in the world! Also might as well mention that I have only the shorty transfer, and have literally zero wish that it were any longer - it works just fine.

charliedontsurf,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Just pulled the trigger on a LSV. Love my EQ dearly but I don't care for bags and im growing tired of the taste of the whip. Hopefully this will be my new daily.

tranceporter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
DrPiff......
You just jumped, from basic comfort with many complications......
to BLISS with NO complications!
Good Job! ;)

Vitolo,

havock69

Would a lsv hc fit on a ssv? I want to buy one pretty bad. turn my ssv ointo a lsv.

havock69,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
havock69 said:
Would a lsv hc fit on a ssv? I want to buy one pretty bad. turn my ssv ointo a lsv.
It fits on dbv.. and i use ssv heater cover on my dbv.. Mind that both SSV and DBV are too heavy to hang on your pipe if that is how you gonna use it.. breakage issues do not worth it if you are not extra cautious ..

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom