Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Barbecued

I bought the LSV as a back up for my Cloud that is getting fixed right now. Got to say, this thing kicks butt! I really like it. Can't say for sure, because it's only been 3 days, but I might like it more than the Cloud. Main reason is it draws/hits a lot easier. I can fill my lungs up a quicker so the good stuff has more time to do it's thing.

My only complaint so far is addressed above with the double 18 mm joint for the Cloud glass. The Water Pipe Adapter they sell must work for traditional water pipes. I have been using the included long transfer with a VX Hydratree on top. Not recommended, but it will work until the right connections get here.

Barbecued,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
For any glass that is bottom fed (like a hydratube) my recommendation is an 18-18 male-male adapter. (I guess technically it would need to be 18mm male to whatever joint fits in the bottom of your piece :lol:)

I have one that's very short (way shorter than vitos above, made to order for me :)) and I still have room to put a finger in between the hydratube and LSV to hold my adapter in the LSV while lifting the hydratube off to clear.

It still works fine for normal tubes/bubblers too, but I prefer the stock WPA for that.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
A Vapexhale hydratube works well on the LSV.
And they have a very similar diameter to the LSV itself.
They look like they were made to go together :tup:

The only thing I'd recommend with a hydratube setup, is to use a 18mm-18mm male-male adapter with a screen inserted as a WPA instead of the stock WPA.

Can you please post the link for the 18mm-18mm male-male adapter?

The WPA and HT doesn't work quite well to me.

m0sh,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

The only thing I'd recommend with a hydratube setup, is to use a 18mm-18mm male-male adapter with a screen inserted as a WPA instead of the stock WPA.
Thanks!!!

This is my tool for my LSV.
It will go from LSV into bubbler or any device
One can have one made to go from 19m to 14m too.
This one is made by a friend.. a Vaporist that has taken up glassblowing.
I will not reveal person's identity without permission.
Photoon2013-02-22at1944.jpg

P.S.-
It also makes a really OUTRAGEOUS "shorty"... free of restriction, for those that like walking on the edge. Really delicious thick hits!
I think I am OK to reveal the friend that made this wonderful functional tool for me..
It was charliedontsurfwatch for more of his stuff!

That looks awesome!!

deadheadbill,

Nosferatu

Is there anyone who has a Cloud that prefers or still uses there LSV? I feel llike the Clouds extraction is so mechanical, I kind of miss putting my old LSV to the WPA and getting that big hit. Maybe I'm crazy but I remember I used to get bigger hits on my LSV, or at least they were denser or something. I*'m thinking of getting another one now that they are cheaper.

Nosferatu,

ernie

Is there anyone who has a Cloud that prefers or still uses there LSV? I feel llike the Clouds extraction is so mechanical, I kind of miss putting my old LSV to the WPA and getting that big hit. Maybe I'm crazy but I remember I used to get bigger hits on my LSV, or at least they were denser or something. I*'m thinking of getting another one now that they are cheaper.
I don't know man, my cloud just broke last night and today was my first day back with the lsv and its been a disappointment. I have to hit the lsv way to many times to get what the cloud can give me in 2-3 hits. The vapor to air ratio on the cloud is just genius. And even though I'm getting thicker clouds they're way smoother then the hits I get with the lsv. Only wish the cloud was as durable as the lsv. I had a ssv since 2009 and got the lsv 4 months ago. I got the cloud a week ago, had it just one week and boy it was a great one. Good thing its under warranty. Soon enough it'll be back in my hands.

ernie,

ernie

I bought the LSV as a back up for my Cloud that is getting fixed right now. Got to say, this thing kicks butt! I really like it. Can't say for sure, because it's only been 3 days, but I might like it more than the Cloud. Main reason is it draws/hits a lot easier. I can fill my lungs up a quicker so the good stuff has more time to do it's thing.

My only complaint so far is addressed above with the double 18 mm joint for the Cloud glass. The Water Pipe Adapter they sell must work for traditional water pipes. I have been using the included long transfer with a VX Hydratree on top. Not recommended, but it will work until the right connections get here.

Really!?! You don't think the reason you feel like your getting bigger hits is because your filling your lungs with way more air along with vapor. The first thing I noticed when I got the cloud is how I was getting way more vapor to air ratio then the lsv ever gave me. One small hit/breath of the cloud gave me more vapor then two huge breath hits with the lsv

ernie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I find nothing approaches the Cloud in evenness of cook. I never get shitty tasting hits, even near the end of the load. But the bottom line is these two vapes are my favorites and either one will make anyone very happy.

I'm with you, ernie. I couldn't disagree more with barbecued's assessment.

stickstones,

Barbecued

Funny. Maybe they changed the LSV since you guys got yours. Sounds like you guys aren't getting enough heat. My LSV will ignite the herb when turned up to max. To add heat, seat the glass tube that encloses the heating element all the way down.

I did find that the bowl when using the optional Water Pipe Adapter is way too big to burn properly. As stated above, use a male 18 joint for a bowl. The 18mm male joint on the long transfer wand works great for me.

So far the evenness of cook has been as good as the Cloud. Truth is, I've sucked up the top of the Cloud screen, along with the contents, at least 5 times. A lot of times the EZ-load bowl is either too loose or too tight.

I like the 18mm bowls. Inexpensive screen pops in and out easily when needed. I use welding rod from the opposite side. Sucking up the herb is too easy.

As far as a solid hit, I strongly feel my LSV will pull more vapor than my Cloud in the same amount of time. Since you can only hold your breath for so long, time is very much a factor.

I have no reason to pull any one's leg on this. No personal interest involved. I haven't really spent that much time reading this site. I'm pretty talkative. When I read something I often have something to say. I think I should know something about hits, since I took my first in 1968.

Barbecued,

Nosferatu

I believe you man because that is the exact experience I remember. I also rememeber the WPA being faulty in that it wouldn't allow enough heat, but now it seems they made a shorter one.

Nosferatu,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Damn, I could probably ship you mine from australia for cheaper than that :lol:

Do you have a BM membership?

Ghost cat makes plenty of adapters, and there are a whole bunch of other blowers on there who do adapters too.
They are making them to convert regular pieces into dabbing rigs, but the adapters still work all the same.

I got mine made by fishbone as part of a larger order, and I couldn't be happier with it :)

Frederick McGuire,

ernie

I have a 18mm male to male 45degree angle where I place the screen on one end. And today I switched back and forth between the ssv and lsv. I held the ssv up to the bong just like you would do with a cloud or lsv and I was getting quicker, thicker vapor hits then I ever got with the lsv. Not only does the ssv get hotter then the lsv but the ceramic heating element is closer to the herbs. I either have a lsv that just runs cooler then others or the ssv heating element is just all around better.

The time without the cloud wont be so bad now with my "hand held" ssv, lol

ernie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Truth is, I've sucked up the top of the Cloud screen, along with the contents, at least 5 times.

That would be a huge turnoff! My latest set of ELB's all work flawlessly, but I know there were some incosistencies out there at first.

Sounds to me like you would like the shorty WPA. It's the only one I used once I got it, except for those experimental sessions where I was loading the tall one up with abv for a good nightcap. I usually put too much in, got too much constriction and caught fire. But I definitely slept!

stickstones,

lwien

I held the ssv up to the bong just like you would do with a cloud or lsv and I was getting quicker, thicker vapor hits then I ever got with the lsv. Not only does the ssv get hotter then the lsv but the ceramic heating element is closer to the herbs. I either have a lsv that just runs cooler then others or the ssv heating element is just all around better.

I believe the heating element is the same in both the LSV and the SSV. Mine ran cool when I first got it but after making sure that the heather cover was pushed all the way down and that the heating element was pushed up the correct amount, everything got a WHOLE bunch better.

lwien,

justinc

About to pull the trigger with this vape. Should I get the WPA? Or just get a adapter as stated above? Don't currently have a water pipe setup but that might change in the future. I'm a complete noob with glass but I'm currently researching different types. There is just so much to learn. lol

justinc,

overdriveak

About to pull the trigger with this vape. Should I get the WPA? Or just get a adapter as stated above? Don't currently have a water pipe setup but that might change in the future. I'm a complete noob with glass but I'm currently researching different types. There is just so much to learn. lol

No doubt about it definitely get the WPA if you are able to order it with your LSV! Shorty for 14 or 18mm joint. You would be missing out otherwise. The LSV is designed to hook up to the WPA and your glass without having to rig together some cumbersome setup... and it can perform very well in this use. :)

Try the M/M adapter method if you want to experiment, but the WPA is a solid bet.

overdriveak,
Reactions: justinc

m0sh

Damn, I could probably ship you mine from australia for cheaper than that :lol:

Do you have a BM membership?

Ghost cat makes plenty of adapters, and there are a whole bunch of other blowers on there who do adapters too.
They are making them to convert regular pieces into dabbing rigs, but the adapters still work all the same.

I got mine made by fishbone as part of a larger order, and I couldn't be happier with it :)

Whats BM?

Vapeworld gives me the same shipping price but then reduce it for 4-8$ :)

m0sh,

trevor

Just had a quick question. My long wand is getting pretty nasty whats the best way to clean this out and use the gunk inside too?

trevor,

m0sh

BoroMarket.
We need a thread or vaporpedia page on it :lol:
It's basically a forum to buy/sell glass.

Hehe...

Those guys at Aqualab say price is not negotiable since its made out automatically by USPS site...

Funny how vapeworld said that the prices are calculated automatically but it doesn't make sense therefore you will give you a reasonable price...

I really think its theft charging so much for 1 very small item! (more than its worth)

Bottom line - All must learn from vapeworld (and get a LSV) :)

m0sh,

justinc

Just had a quick question. My long wand is getting pretty nasty whats the best way to clean this out and use the gunk inside too?

U can try and put some iso alcohol in it. Cover the ends with your fingers and move the alcohol around inside the tube. When it's clean, dump the contents onto a glass plate and let the iso evaporate. That's what I do with my Arizer Solo stems.

justinc,

overdriveak

Using isopropyl alcohol to help break things up and then flush it with the hottest water your faucet can put out. I found the hot water really helpful... doesnt work as well on a combustion piece.

overdriveak,
Top Bottom