Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

sempervirens

Wow. Still only a little bit of experience with it, but it's great. I missed tasting so much, I haven't been vaping too often but now I certainly will again and I'm looking forward to it.

My heater cover doesn't sit on completely straight though, and it gets a little bit too close to the metal for the WPA. Is it supposed to?

And Boulderado...congrats on your 421st post.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
My HC can end up a smidge off centre sometimes, I'm not sure exactly why, but I just stick my finger in the spherical joint, and apply some pressure in the opposite direction to the lean.
It normally stays fairly centred after that.

If that doesn't work, I'd try just removing your HC, and checking out how the shims are at the bottom, sometimes just fidgeting with them can help.

If removing and re-applying the HC doesn't work, I'd contact 7th floor, telling them how the amount of lean stops you from using the WPA. They might have some more tips for you, or you might be able to work out a deal for replacing the HC.

overdriveak

My HC can end up a smidge off centre sometimes, I'm not sure exactly why, but I just stick my finger in the spherical joint, and apply some pressure in the opposite direction to the lean.
It normally stays fairly centred after that.

If that doesn't work, I'd try just removing your HC, and checking out how the shims are at the bottom, sometimes just fidgeting with them can help.

If removing and re-applying the HC doesn't work, I'd contact 7th floor, telling them how the amount of lean stops you from using the WPA. They might have some more tips for you, or you might be able to work out a deal for replacing the HC.

I have experienced this on my unit as well, although I'm not sure how much it tends to work itself off center over time. I think a lot of the time the mount and the HC itself is not perfect(it is glass after all). I have not had too much luck with trying to gently "bend" the mount and getting it to stay where I want it. I found it helped to rotate the HC around(pull it off and put it back on at a rotated position). With some trial and error I was able to find a more suitable spot that seems be "most" centered and result in little to no WPA interference. It still does happen if stuff gets gummed up on the spherical mating surfaces and grabs. It is also made worse when you don't have the LSV perpendicular to the WPA before pulling away. I have pulled my WPA out of the downstem on a few occasions, lifting it up into the air with the LSV. Luckily it hasn't ever detached and fallen. :uhoh:

I have heard of issues with HC adjustment because it can be stubborn depending on how tight the shims are... Not always easy to work it off. I've always had the most success removing the HC using a pulling motion coupled with a side to side twisting/rotation to gently work it off. It usually takes a bit of twisting before it starts to move and slide off nicely. The shims can fall out when the HC is off but this has not happened to me... They need to be put back with the goal to keep the HC "snug" without making it TOO hard to remove or possibly cracking the glass etc.

Vitolo

Vaporist
the top of the LSV is made to unscrew before you use the WPA
9.jpg

sempervirens

Yes, I did of course unscrew the very top piece. The edge of the male spherical joint is just too close to the HC section for comfort (for me at least). It makes contact with the WPA too much, and only on the side that the HC is leaning towards.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Unscrew the whole Al cover so that the HC is exposed and very gently apply pressure in the opposite direction. If that doesn't work you can always use it with the WPA, sans Al cover.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've had both, but not side by side. I think it is pretty simple...get the LSV if you are going to use a water pipe and get the SSV if you aren't.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I find the clouds approximately the same... BUT...
with the standard hand held SSV wand, I can really get much more herb in there than is possible in the LSV wand...
.... and thus with a proper hit (and aiming), I can get a cloud denser and richer using the SSV

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've had both, but not side by side. I think it is pretty simple...get the LSV if you are going to use a water pipe and get the SSV if you aren't.

Or get the SSV for water as well! I think its more like get the LSV if you want a smaller vape thats easier to stash away or to travel with, get the SSV if your going to be using it at home. But then again the SSV is pretty travel friendly especially with the case it comes with so what do I know. Also, you dont need the whips for the LSV so that is also a plus

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Vitolo

lwien

Also, you dont need the whips for the LSV so that is also a plus

And THAT, imho, is the major difference. Getting rid of the whips accomplishes two things. One, is that by doing so, you are limiting the amount of surface area for condensation to take place and two, is the shorter glass on glass connection with the LSV provides for a less restrictive vapor flow and better tasting vapor than having vapor travel through the length of those plastic/silicone whips.

lwien,
Reactions: vorrange

sempervirens

Well just to report back, I'm not able to straighten out the heater cover. it's at the point that the edge of the 19mm female joint basically lines up with the inside of the LSV cap. Considering I've only done one session without the WPA, it's a bit problematic, but only in that I need to unscrew the whole top section in order to use it.

sempervirens,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well just to report back, I'm not able to straighten out the heater cover. it's at the point that the edge of the 19mm female joint basically lines up with the inside of the LSV cap. Considering I've only done one session without the WPA, it's a bit problematic, but only in that I need to unscrew the whole top section in order to use it.

I think you are supposed to unscrew it to use the WPA.

vorrange,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Same here!!!

I want to thank Vitolo and 7th Floor again...got my machine fixed and with a brand new HC...now I have 2 proper glass chambers :)

i'm curious to see how you feel about it. But i think it will be love at first puff. :nod:

vorrange,
Reactions: Vitolo

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
i'm curious to see how you feel about it. But i think it will be love at first puff. :nod:

Will try it soon! I prefer to vape after a do my signing practice if possible :)

Will be using my WPA with my HT and I'll report back!
I should load the herb to the WPA correct?

m0sh,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
How long should I let it heat up?
I did double screening the herb is way outside the HC ...

Also did "12" on the heating ... is that too little?

m0sh,

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
I let mine heat up 2-3 minutes...usually by the time I grind and load it's good to go.

I'd say 12 is a good starting point for the shorty wpa, I start a bit lower with the wand and the tamer....with the long wpa I start around 1.

Dangus,
Top Bottom