Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
You can still cure it yourself- prob not worth it though unless you have a lot left.

I have an 8th left and this was my last sack I would purchase for a while.. Im not sure what to do, he told me he didnt have time to cure it basically and usually never does, but the herb I get isnt this bad usually? I put a carrot in last night and now its moist. I havent tried to vape any from it being moist yet. Im sorta scared to because I just keep wasting weed..

ElevatedMindset,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
If he said it was fresh and didn't put it any mason jars, maybe me making it moist was the wrong decision? Should i try and dry it out or what?

ElevatedMindset,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
imo, "making your weed moist" is always the wrong thing to do.

I guess unless you are cooking or making water hash :D

Should I let it dry out then? I just want to be able to get some vapor and get high off this..

I'm in the middle of the bowl and I got 1-2 little hits, yet the weed as green as can be.

ElevatedMindset,

weedemon

enthusiast
I would say drier is usually better. I like it when my buds are dry, but still a little sticky because it's dank stuff. but I usually hold on to my herbs a long time (up to a year at a go) and they become dry over time. it just powders more quickly. I'd never re-moisten it.

well there could be many things at play.

Adding moisture will never make your herb more potent, It also won't ruin it, but it could go moldy on you. and that's a terribly sad day for any quality of herb.

I wanna ask you a few questions.

1. you got it from the same guy you always do? new strain? same old same old? the weed doesn't look as good as it usually does? same structure? same amount of crystal you are used to seeing?

maybe it was just a poor quality grow.

Things that will make your weed less potent. (Hash production for one. If it's been "tumbled", or even worst, "blasted" from a butane run.)

tumbled, and blasted weed still look good, but they are less potent. do you think that could have happened here? btw tumbled weed would not be terribly noticeable, but blasted would.

I've vaped my buds that I used in a BHO run (in advance: it was an exp to see if it would work, chill guys). It still gave off vapor but It ran out very quickly.

weedemon,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
I would say drier is usually better. I like it when my buds are dry, but still a little sticky because it's dank stuff. but I usually hold on to my herbs a long time (up to a year at a go) and they become dry over time. it just powders more quickly. I'd never re-moisten it.

well there could be many things at play.

Adding moisture will never make your herb more potent, It also won't ruin it, but it could go moldy on you. and that's a terribly sad day for any quality of herb.

I wanna ask you a few questions.

1. you got it from the same guy you always do? new strain? same old same old? the weed doesn't look as good as it usually does? same structure? same amount of crystal you are used to seeing?

maybe it was just a poor quality grow.

Things that will make your weed less potent. (Hash production for one. If it's been "tumbled", or even worst, "blasted" from a butane run.)

tumbled, and blasted weed still look good, but they are less potent. do you think that could have happened here? btw tumbled weed would not be terribly noticeable, but blasted would.

I've vaped my buds that I used in a BHO run (in advance: it was an exp to see if it would work, chill guys). It still gave off vapor but It ran out very quickly.

yeah same guy, he said maybe that strain just isn't good for vaping. It looks the same honestly. Yeah crystals look around the same, if theres any difference its tiny. No I doubt that happened, he told me in his own words "its fresh, just barely had time to get dry.. i wish i could cure it all but i dont have time" So I'm assuming he sometimes cures it but not always? Not sure. I also said what do you keep it in, he said "a jar but it didn't get there yet" It was pretty dry last night but I've had worse that has got vapor. The carrot made it pretty moist so I left my jar open for a little bit so it got a little drier. Its just odd..

ElevatedMindset,

weedemon

enthusiast
gotcha. I have never heard of a strain that just isn't suited to vaporizers as opposed to a bowl etc.. dry herbs are very important for proper vaporization though. I would agree fresh or wet herbs won't vape as well in most devices.

ok, if you get it and it's still fresh, then you can dry it out, and then once it's ready put it in a jar.

the curing process works like this:

once your buds are dry enough that the expose parts of the stems snap then you are ready to put it into jars. you load the buds in leaving as little airspace as possible. then close em up. every day for the first week or 2 you open it up and let the buds "breathe" for 1-3 min. then close em up again.

what this is doing is actually improving the quality of your bud. premature resin glands are actually finished off by the acid that is "sweat" out of the plant during it's final drying process. I always cure my herbs if I get them at the right stage to do so.

I have bud that is actually a little older than a year and because I cured it, when i bust it up it's still got that sticky, clumpiness going on. lovely stuff! :)

Last edited:

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
gotcha. I have never heard of a staring that just isn't suited to vaporizers as opposed to a bowl etc.. dry herbs are very important for proper vaporization though. I would agree fresh or wet herbs won't vape as well in most devices.

ok, if you get it and it's still fresh, then you can dry it out, and then once it's ready put it in a jar.

the curing process works like this:

once your buds are dry enough that the expose parts of the stems snap then you are ready to put it into jars. you load the buds in leaving as little airspace as possible. then close em up. every day for the first week or 2 you open it up and let the buds "breathe" for 1-3 min. then close em up again.

what this is doing is actually improving the quality of your bud. premature resin glands are actually finished off by the acid that is "sweat" out of the plant during it's final drying process. I always cure my herbs if I get them at the right stage to do so.

I have bud that is actually a little older than a year and because I cured it, when i bust it up it's still got that sticky, clumpiness going on. lovely stuff! :)

I dont really feel like waiting a week or two to vape it.. Lol. this blows.

ElevatedMindset,

weedemon

enthusiast
haha yeah man I wouldn't bother, but if you are in a position to buy a bit more at once o you can put it way for a while it's worth it. i usually have 2 strain on hand and alternate between them. 2 storage jars, and one jar that is accessed daily

it's just how i do things but to each their own :) just enjoy it dude, sorry it's not as good as usual.

weedemon,
Reactions: ataxian

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
haha yeah man I wouldn't bother, but if you are in a position to buy a bit more at once o you can put it way for a while it's worth it. i usually have 2 strain on hand and alternate between them. 2 storage jars, and one jar that is accessed daily

it's just how i do things but to each their own :) just enjoy it dude, sorry it's not as good as usual.

I cant enjoy it lol.. I cant even get any hits.

ElevatedMindset,

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Wow, really?! I always try to save a pretty nug from each strain I get but that usually lasts 2 weeks tops before I end up vaping it. I buy my meds though and perhaps you grow your own??

I just read about some moisture packs in another thread. Do you keep something like that in the jar to keep the bud fresh for so long?

weedemon

enthusiast
Wow, really?! I always try to save a pretty nug from each strain I get but that usually lasts 2 weeks tops before I end up vaping it. I buy my meds though and perhaps you grow your own??

I just read about some moisture packs in another thread. Do you keep something like that in the jar to keep the bud fresh for so long?

haha I used to do that back in the day when I lived in the city. I had a mini safe with like 30+ little bags all with 1-2 grams in em a piece. it was so awesome. for the xmas holidays I went through it all, but it was really fun going down memory lane with each different strain. :)

you are talking about humi-paks like what they offer in the CV? I have used them, but to be honest I never really noticed a very big difference. So because of that I stopped using them. well, I just never bought new moisture packs.

but yeah the stuff is mad old, but it's just really good shit. you bust it up, and let it sit for 5 min, and it's all settles and stuck together again. to herb is nice and dry though snaps and crunches if you break a nug. most of my old stuff wont do that. it's a bit too dry to be honest. but i never try to fix that. a really fine grind = more surface area too. so it's not all bad :p

I wish I grew my own. :( that would be so nice. :) as for my jars. once I am done curing them, I try not to go into them minimal disturbance is key in keeping stuff from going too dry. sometimes my old stuff will just powder when i bust it up. i prefer a slightly bigger grind, but hey the end result is still the same.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yeah, I agree, curing it is the way to go. It could mold if it isn't dried. Probably not gonna happen but you can never be too safe.

I also save choice samples of my strains :)

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

exit

Ordered the mini.. Wow 79 bucks off thats a great deal. I am going to pick up some Arizer Dome screens. Any tips on a good adapter?

Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it.

I've been thinking about picking up a light saber, what's the mini? I didn't see anything on their site with mini in the name.

Are there any other coupons I should be aware of? I see it's $190 on the site right now. How's it hold up versus a Solo with a GonG for bong use?

exit,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I've been thinking about picking up a light saber, what's the mini? I didn't see anything on their site with mini in the name.

Are there any other coupons I should be aware of? I see it's $190 on the site right now. How's it hold up versus a Solo with a GonG for bong use?

He's talking about the mini hydratube that Vaporblunt was offering for $50 for a limited time.

If I were you, I'd wait until they start their Black Friday sale. Excellent deals to be had when the sale is on. In my opinion, the LSV runs circles around the Solo when it comes to use through water.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I killed my Cloud the other day, so you guys are gonna have to put up with me being in here until I get that squared away. I broke out the LSV gear (cheap tube) and I have a better piece of glass on the way that I think I am going to really enjoy with it.

My first session I was pissed thinking this thing is not doing what I remember. Then I found the cotton filter I had stuck in the shorty a while back...it was way too thick and restricting everything. So I yanked that out and got humming along yesterday.

I'm turning the heat up more than before (on about 2 - 3 now) but getting very well medicated. I was very happy with the results off what I consider to be a small load (probably three times what lwien uses!) and found myself wondering what lwien is doing to get his maximum efficiency results. I'm using an old mflb screen in the shorty tube because it filters so well.

@lwien - What are you doing with your lighter loads as far as temp, stirring, spinning, etc? You would feel right at home at my place with my PD warm and sitting next to my LSV!

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Hey Sticks, do you have an EVO on order? What happened to your Cloud, man?

I bet that getting that HI mod to the LSV can really help with conservation and efficiency.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

lwien

@lwien - What are you doing with your lighter loads as far as temp, stirring, spinning, etc? You would feel right at home at my place with my PD warm and sitting next to my LSV!

Mornin'.

My ritual with LSV/WPA

Take end cap off.
Turn LSV dial to 1:30 (LSV clicks off at 6:00 and at full at 3:30 for reference)
Put hot plate in microwave for 3 minutes.
Put SC cubes in cup and fill with hot water (to pre-heat cubes)
Put quarter cup of hot water into tube (to pre-heat tube)
Take out hot plate (after 3 min) and put on table
Put preheated cubes in tube
Empty out water used for preheat and refill with quarter cup of hot water.
Put SC tube on hotplate.
Fill WPA with material...........about 0.05gr. (medium grind, medium dry, no tamping)
Mate LSV to WPA (dial stays at 1:30)
Draw...........HUGE ass hit.
Stir
Draw............2nd hit as huge and dense as the first.
Done.

Empty WPA in small container to be used the next day.
Rinse out downstem, cubes and tube.
The next day, repeat steps above using same load from night before.
Draw........1st hit...........Nice, but not as voluminous as the first two hits from the previous day.
Stir
Draw 2nd hit. As good as the first
Dump ABV in hand and rub between fingers to grind to a finer consistency while exposing a bit more surface area.
Reload WPA.
Draw 3rd hit. A bit weaker than the second.
Done.

Looks like I just wrote a fracking recipe.

Last edited:

Billtronics

Slacker Extraordinaire
Waddya think about maybe wrapping the element cover with a layer of some thin steel wire and them placing the shim over that? Hopefully that should thicken it enough to make the cover fit nice and snug. Hmmmm
Sorry for the long delay in updating, the wire idea was a bad one, even the thinnest wire i found was too thick to allow the heater cover back on. So, I bent and bent and bent that shim over and over until I seemed to get a straighter fit. Even doing so, it still didnt feel as solid as I would have liked. So, I went ahead and added the flat washers around the element housing to lift the cover up just enough that it would sit inside the ring cap without wiggling but is still flush with the cap.

That was an awesome tip BTW. This seems to be the best way I have found to get the snuggest, straightest fit for the heater cover.

On SSVUN~YAH's advice, I did get the PNWT while it was on sale and it is awesome. At first, I used it with a shorty WPA. I double-screened the WPA (one below the screen spikes and one on them) and then just put a screen on top of the loaded WPA before screwing the cap on. That prevented anything from getting in the PNWT or falling into the heater cover. That worked great but it was a bit of a pain to unscrew it to stir when it was hot. I could kinda stir by gently shaking it or even doing little baby puffs to mix up the herb in the chamber. But I found that to be a bit of a P.I.T.A, also I had to turn the LSV up higher (around 3:30 or 4) to get it hot enough with the WPA.

I ended up getting a 22.5 degree angled 18mm to 14mm adapter. I went with the angled one, so I dont feel like I am deep throating the LSV everytime i use the PNWT and it is more comfortable for me. This worked great as it was much easier to stir it and since the herb is closer to the element, i had greater control over the heat. I first used this adapter with a screen in same place as the original LSV wand (meaning the screen was as close as possible to the tapered 14mm end without going into the bent section). Luckily, the PNWT shipped with a plastic tip adapter intended to go on the vaporblunt but I found that the screen inside that tip could be pushed out easily and it fit pretty good inside my adapter, so that is what I used. But the screen wasnt as snug as I would like.

I then procured some Arizer dome screens and put them in the 18MM end of my adapter. They fit perfectly in that end. They dont slide into the adapter at all. The metal ring sits on the edge of the 18mm end of the adapter. The screen is then like a small pouch that holds the herb. This works great for me cause the herb is now even closer to the element allowing me even more control over the heat. It also limits the amount of herb I can put in the adapter which is saving me tons over time.

I really like my LSV now that I have gotten to know it, worked through some small quirks and use the PNWT, adapter and dome screens. I would say it is working marvelously now.

Now onto creating a holder/mount for it.....

Top Bottom