Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
So it's been about 2 weeks but I finally got a suitable reply today. I sent an email to a higher up 7th floor employee who used to post here, and he has sorted it out for me. He said the incident I referred to where the Aus customer had his shipping paid for was during a period when they had a 'known issue' with the LSV cords and were repairing and shipping them back for free. Even though that period has expired he has made an exception and will cover the return costs.

Seems to me like this cord issue is still very much a problem, as I only bought my LSV 6 months ago and upon it's arrival I had to adjust the element as well as fiddle with the power cord frequently to get it to work properly. I hope they redesign their cords in the future as I don't think the current strain relief does very much of anything.

What was wrong with your cord? My cord is bent sorta about 5 inches from the relief strain. It curves a certain way and if I try to move it back, it goes right to it. I know its hard to explain but I can take a picture in a few. Basically its crooked and doesn't stay straight, hopefully it doesn't mean anything.

image4_zps5dfca250.jpeg
image5_zps96141818.jpeg
image6_zps4c9e7f09.jpeg
photo9_zps991d14ae.jpg
image1_zps608a08b5.jpeg

As you can see the cord is twisted due to it hitting the couch and bending over time. The picture where you can see the whole cord and it is bent in the middle, the cord won't go back how it was. Its a little off the ground and it should be straight but I can't get it to go back, theres another part of the cord that is lifted off the ground after that part of it too. Maybe its not a big deal, it just is bent really bad where I showed you though. I can take better pictures but I can't really explain how the middle part is bent but I tried my best, it should be flipped over and put in a straight line with the rest of the cord, but it doesn't stay.

Last edited:
ElevatedMindset,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Throwie

The problem with my cord was more to do with the connection into the LSV/strain relief. It just wasn't secured properly and could be wiggled/pulled out+in with ease. My LSV would not get hot unless the cord was pushed in and secured, I don't know much about electrics or the LSV internals but my guess is that the wires weren't making a proper connection and that with extended use (tipping + turning) the LSV, the cord would move around in use and occasionally would lose power (most often when friends would pick it up and turn it one way to hit, then just place it down in the opposite direction without unraveling the cord) so it would essentially start twisting itself inside the unit which would then require me to turn it off and fiddle with it until it worked again.

I really wouldn't worry about that bend in your cord, it just looks like a natural bend over time to me.

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
It could also have been that wire inside the cord got fatigued from constant bending, this would cause an intermittent fault where it would work sometimes and not others which sounds a bit like what you were experiencing. I'm guessing when you pushed the wire in it would bend it in a way that it would make the connection but I could be wrong.

This is a very common fault with electronics and normally just requires that the last few inches is chopped off the cable an then the sheath round the cable is cut back so that the wires inside can be exposed and reterminated or in this case it would probably be easier to cut the wires inside then solder them together and put heat shrink tube round the outside. It's really annoying that getting someone to do this invalidates the warranty because it's a very simple process which would save both us and 7th Floor money.

If this happens to mine I'd be tempted to try and get 7th Floor to allow me to get a fully qualified electrician to perform the repair. It's not like any of the actually workings of the LSV would be touched from the pictures that @Frederick McGuire posted here.

I can understand them not wanting the average user tinkering around inside but it would be pretty hard for someone with the right experience and qualifications to mess it up.

Dj Bass

What was wrong with your cord? My cord is bent sorta about 5 inches from the relief strain. It curves a certain way and if I try to move it back, it goes right to it. I know its hard to explain but I can take a picture in a few. Basically its crooked and doesn't stay straight, hopefully it doesn't mean anything.

As you can see the cord is twisted due to it hitting the couch and bending over time. The picture where you can see the whole cord and it is bent in the middle, the cord won't go back how it was. Its a little off the ground and it should be straight but I can't get it to go back, there's another part of the cord that is lifted off the ground after that part of it too. Maybe its not a big deal, it just is bent really bad where I showed you though. I can take better pictures but I can't really explain how the middle part is bent but I tried my best, it should be flipped over and put in a straight line with the rest of the cord, but it doesn't stay.

Your cord is fine dude. As Throwie said, most failures of the cord happen right next to the unit, where the cable, and the area that it connect to, are under constant strain (even more with new users that don't have good maintenance habits.) I have had experience with three shorts (two in my own unit, and one on a friends) his happened much more quickly than mine, as he lets other people use his constantly, my first failure took about two years, and was adjacent to the unit in the cable (similar to what Richy mentioned.) My second failure was less than 3 months after my repair and the addition of my cord strain relief. I suspect this was a muck-up on their side, and Chris at 7th floor (who always does me right) did as well, so they repaired that one for free. I have now modded my unit with a custom cord strain relief. It consists of one wrap of electrical cable about 4 inches up from the unit, one wrap of thick-ish wire to keep the cable from bending in a consistent way, another layer of elec-tape to cover it all, and a few zip ties to clean up the look, and keep the tape in place. It works great and I almost never get the freaky, hard to get out bends I once did near the unit. I recommend bolstering the strength of all LSV cables at the unit, as it seems this failure will inevitably result from substantial use.

tl;dr: Your cord is fine, don't let it get twisted all the time and bolster the strength of the base.

4tokin

The problem with my cord was more to do with the connection into the LSV/strain relief. It just wasn't secured properly and could be wiggled/pulled out+in with ease. My LSV would not get hot unless the cord was pushed in and secured, I don't know much about electrics or the LSV internals but my guess is that the wires weren't making a proper connection and that with extended use (tipping + turning) the LSV, the cord would move around in use and occasionally would lose power (most often when friends would pick it up and turn it one way to hit, then just place it down in the opposite direction without unraveling the cord) so it would essentially start twisting itself inside the unit which would then require me to turn it off and fiddle with it until it worked again.

Throwie
The power cord uses spade connectors to connect to the LSV. What you are describing sounds like the spade connectors are not properly joined so when you push your power cord in you are pushing the connectors together completing the circuit.With your LSV unplug the power and unscrew the endcap. Inside you should see 2 pale blue connectors on the power lead. Give the a gentle tug to see if they are a solid join.

Last edited:
4tokin,

Throwie

With your LSV turn the power off and unscrew the endcap. Inside you should see 2 pale blue connectors on the power lead. Give the a gentle tug to see if they are a solid join.

Thanks for the tip but I've already sent my LSV back to 7th floor for repair. If mine ever dies again I'll definitely open it up and try yours + Richy's suggestions. I doubt they'd cover the return twice so I'd take my chances, would rather put the $100 in shipping fees towards a Cloud EVO. :mmmm:

Throwie,

Korben

Thrilled
Interesting, I bought mine about a year ago and it stopped working a night before yours. I think mine has a blown element though, since the led turns on.

Well they first got in touch with me very quickly. I replied and sent in my receipt and they have not contacted me since. I will probably just give them a call on Monday.

Korben,

Korben

Thrilled
The LSV is $200 and some change.
The EVO is $400 and some change.

Is the CLOUD 2 that much better than the LSV?

For the price point the LSV seems more reasonable!

Thats actually a really good question. I have kinda been thinking the same thing except I was considering the cloud evo. With my LSV on the mend and I am still waiting to hear back from 7th floor. I thought about preordering an evo.

Korben,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Thats actually a really good question. I have kinda been thinking the same thing except I was considering the cloud evo. With my LSV on the mend and I am still waiting to hear back from 7th floor. I thought about preordering an evo.

You may get your LSV back from 7th floor before your EVO preorder arrives.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I used my cloud for 2 months before finding it a new home.
I've been using my LSV almost 3 years, and won't even lend it out.
I've been on the fence for sometime now.
My vaporizers are flavor central no doubt!

However I like the LSV so much and just love the design not to mention the power she has!

AS I'm finally learning how to medicate correctly I feel I'm ready to take the plunge.
I would have got one sooner however I was barely able to handle the ones I have!

Dead short, Vitolo and a bunch of glass pipe experts seem to like this one.

Seriously the price point is a no brainer!
All Black or all Red?

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I actually prefer all silver because it reminds me most of an actual lightsaber. All black is badass, but red may be my favorite color. I don't know what to tell ya man. Maybe black with red caps?

Dj Bass

So, it would seem I jinxed myself with talk of a great history with the LSV. My first circuit board burned out, same unit I've had for 2 1/2 years. The unit still heated up, and the element glowed, but the metal got way too hot way too fast, the element never REALLY got up to temp, and the light at the bottom was solid on no matter how I shifted the dial. The light is what Chris said makes it a dead giveaway that it is the electronics. Chris got me set up a repair return tag at a reasonable price, promised the same prompt service as always, and now my baby is in the hands of UPS on its way to get back in shape. Has anyone else had a circuitry failure? I have been leaving mine on longer and longer lately, as I kinda sit around a lot, and it's convenient just to have it ready when I die in a game. Hope everyone else's LSV is still running strong!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think if someone intends to use the LSV with glass as it was intended, then whether or not you have glass already is a key piece in the decision (assuming price is a consideration). If you have a nice piece of glass you want to use it with, then there is no better value on the market, imo. But if you are going to go out and buy a $300+ piece of glass to go with it, then I prefer the Cloud.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
So I just got some herb that doesn't get me any thick vapor whatsoever and it only gets me a few vapor hits even though it isn't brown yet. Is there any way I can do something to the herb to get some more vapor? I used to put an orange peel in my herb when I was younger but I'm not sure if that would do anything for a vaporizer.

ElevatedMindset,

Bouldorado

So I just got some herb that doesn't get me any thick vapor whatsoever and it only gets me a few vapor hits even though it isn't brown yet. Is there any way I can do something to the herb to get some more vapor? I used to put an orange peel in my herb when I was younger but I'm not sure if that would do anything for a vaporizer.

Could add a drop of glycerine/propylene glycol (e-cig liquid). however unless you add hash oil, there is no benefit in terms of THC

also if it isn't brown try cranking the temp up

Bouldorado,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Could add a drop of glycerine/propylene glycol (e-cig liquid). however unless you add hash oil, there is no benefit in terms of THC

also if it isn't brown try cranking the temp up

I turned it up a bit and still didn't do anything. Its the way this herb is cured because its usually like this, just not as bad. It's not that dry but it is a little.

ElevatedMindset,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
That was extremely confusing sticks...

really? shit!

what I'm saying is if you already have some glass to use, then the LSV is an amazing deal for the experience. But if you are going to drop $200 on this and $300 on some glass, then I think the Cloud is a better value/experience.

stickstones,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
That's what I thought you were going for, thanks for clearing that up!

SSVUN~YAH,

Vitolo

Vaporist
So I just got some herb that doesn't get me any thick vapor whatsoever and it only gets me a few vapor hits even though it isn't brown yet. Is there any way I can do something to the herb to get some more vapor?
Making weed moist does not necessarily make thicker vapor.
Ever notice that the meds when fresh require a second or 3rd hit before vapor forms?
Meds should be very dry... it is the oils and trichomes that explode under heat and form vapor.
Typically meds that stay greenish and never brown, even when they stop making vapor, are young harvests.

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Making weed moist does not necessarily make thicker vapor.
Ever notice that the meds when fresh require a second or 3rd hit before vapor forms?
Meds should be very dry... it is the oils and trichomes that explode under heat and form vapor.
Typically meds that stay greenish and never brown, even when they stop making vapor, are young harvests.

Well it was too dry in my opinion. I put a carrot in it and now its pretty moist. I'll try to vape some later.

ElevatedMindset,
Top Bottom