JyARz Storage Containers

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Satchmo has new material as does Classic.

Thank you!

-Aldo

One final clarification, the stachmo replacement gasket kit is now the new material now correct? It's not as clearly advertised on the store page as it is the classic size.

Once again thanks for your time.

Edit: sorry for the double post, my bad.

zurichris

Hi there

First time post, although been lurking for a few weeks. I do believe I've read all the pages of this thread… Great products (I bought just one classic Jyar from Vapefiend as a "test" a couple of months ago), and great friendly service so I feel comfortable asking a question on shipping when ordering directly from Jyarz :)

I was under the impression that international shipping was a flat rate 10 USD. I loaded up a cart a couple of weeks ago (a variety of models, 6 in total to get the very enticing 6+ discount). At checkout, shipping was 20 USD. I was surprised by that and didn't complete checkout.

Fast forward to today, and I'm thinking 20 USD is not too bad. So I load up a cart again, this time with a couple of extras as gifts for friends, thinking I'll get the most I can for my 20 USD shipping. However this time shipping is 35 USD! This is what I had in the cart
4x classic
3x satchmo
1x chico
4x 3d funnels
1x classic insert

- Does the shipping seem correct (I'm located in Zurich, Switzerland)?
- If I want to keep shipping to 20 USD, what is the max amount of Jyarz I an order?

Knowing that I'll be hit for import duty, I'm trying to find the best combination of qty/price/shipping/import duty.

Anyway, hope to confirm my Jyarz order soon!

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Hi there

First time post, although been lurking for a few weeks. I do believe I've read all the pages of this thread… Great products (I bought just one classic Jyar from Vapefiend as a "test" a couple of months ago), and great friendly service so I feel comfortable asking a question on shipping when ordering directly from Jyarz :)

I was under the impression that international shipping was a flat rate 10 USD. I loaded up a cart a couple of weeks ago (a variety of models, 6 in total to get the very enticing 6+ discount). At checkout, shipping was 20 USD. I was surprised by that and didn't complete checkout.

Fast forward to today, and I'm thinking 20 USD is not too bad. So I load up a cart again, this time with a couple of extras as gifts for friends, thinking I'll get the most I can for my 20 USD shipping. However this time shipping is 35 USD! This is what I had in the cart
4x classic
3x satchmo
1x chico
4x 3d funnels
1x classic insert

- Does the shipping seem correct (I'm located in Zurich, Switzerland)?
- If I want to keep shipping to 20 USD, what is the max amount of Jyarz I an order?

Knowing that I'll be hit for import duty, I'm trying to find the best combination of qty/price/shipping/import duty.

Anyway, hope to confirm my Jyarz order soon!

Zurichris,

Two things have happened, first postal rates have increased (some - not 300%) and second the way that shipping rates on international orders is calculated is now dynamic - I should probably have announced that to this list, I'm sorry that I didn't.

Our shipping rates are calculated by weight and then a rate is applied based on standard USPS.com shipping rates.

Given the useful life of a JyAR (durability and modularity) I believe that over its life the cost is shipping will be pennies per day - and if you are like so many of our customers you derive much more value from our products than they cost. That's a subjective thing but I think it's true. And if it's not true for you we will refund your purchase - so there's no risk to find out!

-Aldo

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Option 2 :)

Haven't been to this thread in a few month, nice to see a bigger size coming along! I can stuff a zip into two Satchmos but it is quite a squeeze!

Just opened a Satchmo that has been sealed for a month....wow! I had these originally for variety and only recently have limited my intake to actually store and save....these hold nuggets like a champ!

I've had some preground for a few months too.....it still tastes fine :tup:

zurichris

@JyARz
Aldo, thanks for your reply. No worries, fair's fair. And I do appreciate that you are building your company through a combination of excellent products, good prices and superior customer support (as evidenced by your presence in this thread). So I understand the reasons for the shipping increase, it was just a bit of a surprise when shipping almost doubled after I had added what seemed to me not much in weight.

So I went back to my cart, asked myself "what can I remove to get to 20 USD shipping" and ten seconds later replied to myself, nothing, I did want to gift some jyarz and they are worth the money and I can at this moment in time afford it, so just click go…

Cheers,
zurichris

JyARz

Manufacturer
@JyARz
Aldo, thanks for your reply. No worries, fair's fair. And I do appreciate that you are building your company through a combination of excellent products, good prices and superior customer support (as evidenced by your presence in this thread). So I understand the reasons for the shipping increase, it was just a bit of a surprise when shipping almost doubled after I had added what seemed to me not much in weight.

So I went back to my cart, asked myself "what can I remove to get to 20 USD shipping" and ten seconds later replied to myself, nothing, I did want to gift some jyarz and they are worth the money and I can at this moment in time afford it, so just click go…

Cheers,
zurichris

Zurichris,

We appreciate your business! Let us know if you have any questions or issues with your order.

-Aldo

verdampersweats

I forgot to ask about the bigger versions, Is there going to be a date or are there thoughts on the date? I am just looking at a rough time frame 5 months? A year?

Also is red and purple and green lightproof? I like to use the Leafly color code system for my herbs if possible but im currently using black as i was unsure about purple red and green.

JyARz

Manufacturer
I forgot to ask about the bigger versions, Is there going to be a date or are there thoughts on the date? I am just looking at a rough time frame 5 months? A year?

Also is red and purple and green lightproof? I like to use the Leafly color code system for my herbs if possible but im currently using black as i was unsure about purple red and green.

I would say Christmas '16 roughly but that's a rough estimate please don't hold me to it! And yes they are light/uv proof.

-Aldo

VAPEHUNTER

Ah, what the hell! You all three win. Please send me a DM here on FC and I'll send you a 50% off code.

Thanks for playing!

-Aldo

I just wanted to say a quick Thank you to Aldo. I just placed my order using my 50% off coupon I won back in January. Soon I'll have a decent little collection and When I go to California next month I will have plenty of gifts for my friends and family. So once again Sir, THANK YOU!!!

JyARz

Manufacturer
I'm looking for advice on the best pen vaporizer. I thought I saw something about a titanium vaporizer pen but I can't seem to find it anymore. Any advice is appreciated.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I really fell in love with the source orb 4. Pairs with just about any 510 variable voltage battery. No matter what you get, I recommend one with a variable voltage battery. It will give you more range and allow the full potential of all the new quartz and ceramic atomizers.

I'm looking to try a Omicron v4 as well, I hear they do not require all the tuning, tinkering and adjusting that other w9 units need.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't found a pen vape that I like yet. They are all bulky and use conduction heating, so you are locked into finishing a session. Please keep in mind I am still biased towards convection vapes. If you like conduction vapes then there will be some good options worth considering. I had luck with the iMag a while back. I am currently testing the imax and the focusvape and so far prefer the focus as it is less harsh. You should be able to find others who have a more positive view of the conduction pen vapes than I have.

I'm still waiting on the Grasshopper, as it's the only herb pen vape with promise, imo.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Flower and I've heard that the new quartz units can be used with hash...that would be of interest as well. Thank you
Grasshopper is the only pen-sized vaporizer on the market worth considering. I have used one for several weeks, and it's absolutely spectacular. 5 second heatup times, full convection heat, great flavor, huge clouds. ONLY two problems with the vape - there's a long waiting list, and the mouthpiece gets hotter than hell after 3 back-to-back rips.

JyARz

Manufacturer
Grasshopper is the only pen-sized vaporizer on the market worth considering. I have used one for several weeks, and it's absolutely spectacular. 5 second heatup times, full convection heat, great flavor, huge clouds. ONLY two problems with the vape - there's a long waiting list, and the mouthpiece gets hotter than hell after 3 back-to-back rips.

This is the one I was looking for....Thank you. -Aldo

bounce5

I went to check the status of my Jyarz gasket and found that one of the bottom gaskets is falling/cracking apart.

jVzlgf4.jpg

6xBtNSr.jpg

The white gasket on my other Jyarz is fine. They were both purchased at the same time, maybe 10 months ago during the orange chico special. Just the grey one is cracked and breaking off. Are the new gaskets a different material than this gray one? Does Jyarz replace them, or do I have to replace this faulty gasket?

Last edited:

JyARz

Manufacturer
I went to check the status of my Jyarz gasket and found that one of the bottom gaskets is falling/cracking apart.

jVzlgf4.jpg

6xBtNSr.jpg

The white gasket on my other Jyarz is fine. They were both purchased at the same time, maybe 10 months ago during the orange chico special. Just the grey one is cracked and breaking off. Are the new gaskets a different material than this gray one? Does Jyarz replace them, or do I have to replace this faulty gasket?
Yup this is a known issue please see instructions above for a free gasket replacement kit. Or send email to support@jyarz.com with your postal address and we'll take care of you. -Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer
Are JyARz better than Ball jars?

This is a question I'm often asked. And yes, I believe JyARz are better than Ball jars for at least thre reasons:

1. JyARz contain odor better than ball jars. JyARz have two seals one on the inside "before" (from the perspective of the odor emitting substance) the threads and another seal "after" the threads. As such the thread "region" in a JyARz exists in an "odor lock." This is not a small thing if you are trying to contain odor, because with use that thread area gets covered in resins (generic term). When you close the lid on a Ball jar repeatedly that region begins to get smelly, its a good smell granted but not one that one always wants emitted. In a JyARz this region is sealed.
2. The outer shell of a JyAR is made of HDPE plastic which it so happens is quite slick. If you've ever tried to attach a sticker to a JyAR you'll know what I mean, it'll kinda hang on there but not very well. This property also makes it very easy to clean with a little soap and water. Thus you can easily wash a Jyar and it'll be free of odors caused by your resin coated hands.
3. That outer seal that i mentioned above also contributes to making a JyAR waterproof. So if the outside of your jar gets smelly it's very easy to submerse it and wash it. The the thread region, protected by this outer thread will not get wet and retain water which ultimately get into or impact that contents which you are storing.

I can go on about the materials used, the light blocking qualities but I think the above reasons demonstrate why for me a JyAR is a superior storage container.

Your questions and comments are encouraged.

Have a nice weekend everybody!

-Aldo

verdampersweats

Aldo I just emailed you to get 2x gaskets you can sort me out with the new white ones to Europe? I do not know if anyone else has had to ask for some outside of the USA. I needed one for the Satchmo, But i just recieved a classic which has the old stock gaskets too meh.

So i have emailed to request 2x white gaskets 1x for a satchmo and 1x for a classic. And then i will get the 500ml XL around Christmas! ;)

spoutti

Are JyARz better than Ball jars?

This is a question I'm often asked. And yes, I believe JyARz are better than Ball jars for at least thre reasons:

1. JyARz contain odor better than ball jars. JyARz have two seals one on the inside "before" (from the perspective of the odor emitting substance) the threads and another seal "after" the threads. As such the thread "region" in a JyARz exists in an "odor lock." This is not a small thing if you are trying to contain odor, because with use that thread area gets covered in resins (generic term). When you close the lid on a Ball jar repeatedly that region begins to get smelly, its a good smell granted but not one that one always wants emitted. In a JyARz this region is sealed.
2. The outer shell of a JyAR is made of HDPE plastic which it so happens is quite slick. If you've ever tried to attach a sticker to a JyAR you'll know what I mean, it'll kinda hang on there but not very well. This property also makes it very easy to clean with a little soap and water. Thus you can easily wash a Jyar and it'll be free of odors caused by your resin coated hands.
3. That outer seal that i mentioned above also contributes to making a JyAR waterproof. So if the outside of your jar gets smelly it's very easy to submerse it and wash it. The the thread region, protected by this outer thread will not get wet and retain water which ultimately get into or impact that contents which you are storing.

I can go on about the materials used, the light blocking qualities but I think the above reasons demonstrate why for me a JyAR is a superior storage container.

Your questions and comments are encouraged.

Have a nice weekend everybody!

-Aldo
Having some kind of Food Saver pump attachment for the bigger size(s) would completly crush Ball jars. I dont know if thats possible though..

Top Bottom