JyARz Storage Containers

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've had two jyarz containers break back to back after dropping off a table. Im curious about the shockproof, and if I have a defective cushion or jyarz container. The container always survives, obviously, just the glass breaks. Was wondering if these breaks are common. I'd say the table is 2-3 feet.

Your replacement glass is very affordable so it's not too bad, but was just wondering if it was supposed to be completely drop proof, so figured I'd provide some feedback in that aspect.

I love my Jyarz though and recommend them to all my friends. I love that I can leave it out on the table or in a backpack or in my car and not have to worry about smell in the slightest. Seriously enjoy that.

rodders83

I hadn't thought about an "elite" option - good idea. Let me think about we'll incorporate something along those lines.

-Aldo

Seems to be a trend on starters, Elite options etc. Also has Classic now been updated with no logo on glass? I think that is great, Still think curved bottoms would be good too especially on the big boy.

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Seems to be a trend on starters, Elite options etc. Also has Classic now been updated with no logo on glass? I think that is great, Still think curved bottoms would be good too especially on the big boy.

Classic has "new" thicker glass. Instead of increasing the price of the Classic I opted to keep the price the same and just get rid of the logo. Curved bottoms on larger containers get inefficient in terms of space so I don't know if we can go in that direction. Why is curved better on the larger sizes?

-Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer
I've had two jyarz containers break back to back after dropping off a table. Im curious about the shockproof, and if I have a defective cushion or jyarz container. The container always survives, obviously, just the glass breaks. Was wondering if these breaks are common. I'd say the table is 2-3 feet.

Your replacement glass is very affordable so it's not too bad, but was just wondering if it was supposed to be completely drop proof, so figured I'd provide some feedback in that aspect.

I love my Jyarz though and recommend them to all my friends. I love that I can leave it out on the table or in a backpack or in my car and not have to worry about smell in the slightest. Seriously enjoy that.

They do break in certain circumstances. Generally they have to land "perfectly" on their side against a very hard surface (stone, concrete, etc). Most of the time they are fine even from a higher drop but unfortunately this can happen. We make the glass inexpensive in an attempt to address this issue even if it is infrequent. And I'm also trying to convince my glass manufacturer to make us a thicker glass core which may do away with this issue altogether.

We do offer a satisfaction guarantee. So if you or anyone else is dissatisfied we'll make it right!

-Aldo

MinnBobber

I do not expect my JyARZ to be completely drop proof. If I drop it 2 or 3 feet, I hope it might survive but don't expect it to survive. If it happens to hit on top or bottom with cushioning from gasket, it might well survive. If it hits sideways that shock load is likely too much.

Just my opinion but.....if mine fell and broke I'd feel awkward about invoking the "satisfaction guarantee" that Aldo has generously suggested. I'm not suggesting that AJS intends to use it--just my feeling on it.
If mine fell and broke, I'd chalk it off as user error and order replacements. ;)

AJS

Calm Consistency
I do not expect my JyARZ to be completely drop proof. If I drop it 2 or 3 feet, I hope it might survive but don't expect it to survive. If it happens to hit on top or bottom with cushioning from gasket, it might well survive. If it hits sideways that shock load is likely too much.

Just my opinion but.....if mine fell and broke I'd feel awkward about invoking the "satisfaction guarantee" that Aldo has generously suggested. I'm not suggesting that AJS intends to use it--just my feeling on it.
If mine fell and broke, I'd chalk it off as user error and order replacements. ;)

JyARz

Manufacturer

Not many people return their JyARz due to breakage. I think that's a combination of it not happening all that often and for some people they just want to deal with contacting us. In any case, we strive to make our customers happy..no..thrilled with their JyARz so if you feel yours broke when it shouldn't have we'll make it right at no charge to you. That's just how we roll ;-)

-Aldo

CalyxSmokr

I noticed that the small jaryz say "not for very sticky material". What qualifies as very sticky? Not wax and crumble? I have some very sticky shatter I am looking to store. Would it be good in the small or would it become difficult to scrape off? In silicone it takes a lot of force to scrape off dabber and shoots across the room.

JyARz

Manufacturer
I noticed that the small jaryz say "not for very sticky material". What qualifies as very sticky? Not wax and crumble? I have some very sticky shatter I am looking to store. Would it be good in the small or would it become difficult to scrape off? In silicone it takes a lot of force to scrape off dabber and shoots across the room.

Not so good for shatter in my experience but I'm not really a shatter expert so I'll let others confirm my impression.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Got my 4/20 sale package Aldo, thanks again!

ANKcHwY.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
BRILLIANT!

Wondering why I did not think of that:D
From now on i will remove glass and travel with my SCS in a Satchmo. Far better than how I had been traveling with it IMO...

Is your classic glass etched?? kewl!
I wish I could take credit for that one, but I did see it from another FC member. Yup it's etched Hashish version, it's really sweet looking. I'm thoroughly impressed with this product and can't believe I didn't hop on board long ago.

JyARz

Manufacturer
I wish I could take credit for that one, but I did see it from another FC member. Yup it's etched Hashish version, it's really sweet looking. I'm thoroughly impressed with this product and can't believe I didn't hop on board long ago.

That is a cool idea and not so dissimilar from something we are working on...more on that soon.

And earlier tonight we finally shot the Indiegogo video for the crowdfunding campaign we'll launch for the "Big Bertha" or "Big Boy" we're working on. I post links to the campaign soon. I'm not that good in front of a camera but I try. Have a great weekend everybody.

-Aldo

°k

The sound of vapor
While I appreciate the Jazz reference for the Satchmo I'm not sure I'd really like the German WWI military equipment reference but seems like it wouldn't bother people buying agent orange or AK weeds... :2c::peace:

Edit: haha leave it to me to express my dislike about something on my 420th post. :D

JyARz

Manufacturer
While I appreciate the Jazz reference for the Satchmo I'm not sure I'd really like the German WWI military equipment reference but seems like it wouldn't bother people buying agent orange or AK weeds... :2c::peace:

Edit: haha leave it to me to express my dislike about something on my 420th post. :D

I actually wasn't aware of the WWII reference ... have to reconsider. Thank you. -Aldo

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

Avoid shatter with the Chico's, I put 7 grams of shatter in one and while it held it fine, a lot stuck to the sides, I'm actually ISO soaking the glass right now because I wasn't able to get all of it off. Was a bit PiTA getting it out of the deep dish and was constantly flinging pieces all over the place.

If you keep it cool, maybe, but IME any concencentrate will eventually conform a bit to the dish its in....

The Chico's are great for kief tho and for ground herbs!

I love my Jyarz......color coded keeps things kinda easy for me :)

I got the "Berries" in my Blues (Purple Kush and Obama Kush)
I got the Hawaian in Teal and Purple.
I got a bit of unknown strain in the Orange.
I got Blue City Diesel in my green.

And I have a Red Classic that when I grind up different strains, I dump the rest of the grinder in this classic when I want to use a new strain purely. So a salad mixture of all the above!

JyARz

Manufacturer
Avoid shatter with the Chico's, I put 7 grams of shatter in one and while it held it fine, a lot stuck to the sides, I'm actually ISO soaking the glass right now because I wasn't able to get all of it off. Was a bit PiTA getting it out of the deep dish and was constantly flinging pieces all over the place.

If you keep it cool, maybe, but IME any concencentrate will eventually conform a bit to the dish its in....

The Chico's are great for kief tho and for ground herbs!

I love my Jyarz......color coded keeps things kinda easy for me :)

I got the "Berries" in my Blues (Purple Kush and Obama Kush)
I got the Hawaian in Teal and Purple.
I got a bit of unknown strain in the Orange.
I got Blue City Diesel in my green.

And I have a Red Classic that when I grind up different strains, I dump the rest of the grinder in this classic when I want to use a new strain purely. So a salad mixture of all the above!
Yup I agree! Not good for shatter...glass never will be. I think it's that simple. -Aldo

Top Bottom