JyARz Storage Containers

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Having some kind of Food Saver pump attachment for the bigger size(s) would completly crush Ball jars. I dont know if thats possible though..

You mean to create a vacuum? I'm not actually sure that a vacuum is desirable. If you think it is can you please tell my that's the case?

Aldo I just emailed you to get 2x gaskets you can sort me out with the new white ones to Europe? I do not know if anyone else has had to ask for some outside of the USA. I needed one for the Satchmo, But i just recieved a classic which has the old stock gaskets too meh.

So i have emailed to request 2x white gaskets 1x for a satchmo and 1x for a classic. And then i will get the 500ml XL around Christmas! ;)

I think we are corresponding via email ... we have you covered!

spoutti

Im under the impression vacuumed jars are less prone to degrade the herb since there is less air. Im not sure how it actually affects conservation in the long run.

I was thinking developping an adaptor to connect a food saver pump. Or even better, make the existing food saver adaptors fit the bigger size jyarz. Or maybe there could be some kind of disposable valve in the jyarz along those lines?

JyARz

Manufacturer
Im under the impression vacuumed jars are less prone to degrade the herb since there is less air. Im not sure how it actually affects conservation in the long run.

I was thinking developping an adaptor to connect a food saver pump. Or even better, make the existing food saver adaptors fit the bigger size jyarz. Or maybe there could be some kind of disposable valve in the jyarz along those lines?

I feel bad about how slow development of a new size has been but I've found a partner to work with me and I think things will be picking up steam here now. Toward that end we've actually talked a lot about a vacuum seal and this video makes me wonder whether we could very easily adapt our design to allow this sort of use.

I'm think we could easily do some testing. Rather than a pin, I'll get a tiny drill bit and cut a hole in the top of Satchmo and do some tests comparing vacuum to non-vacuum performance. If there's some tangible difference (oxidation must be slower) then perhaps we can offer JyARz with this option. I'm intrigued.

What do you all think? Is there any interest out there my good people?

-Aldo

MinnBobber

What do you all think? Is there any interest out there my good people?
Hi @Aldo ,
interesting concept but I'm wondering if it is really needed.
Not sure if a vacuum pack really offers any measurable or meaningful improvement over a proper grow/ flush/ dry/ cure and store in a JyARZ with a Boveda 62% RH pack.

I have bud stored in JyARZ with Boveda that is 2 years old and feel it is better than it was at say 4 months. I'm not sure if a vacuum pack JyARZ + Boveda would offer any improvement.

It would be an interesting experiment though.

My one concern would be finding the proper "crossover point" where it's optimal to move from "air" to "vacuum". It's really hard to find good studies on "curing time" as it then transitions into "storing time".
Curing involves the slow (good) degradation of the plant matter and things like chlorophyll. Curing time needs oxygen to transpire while storage time, maybe not???

What would FCers guess is the curing time for full cure? I'd have to say 9 months.
Any studies on this?

If you place in vacuum too soon, IMO it would stunt the cure and not yield the best vaping bud.

It would certainly be interesting to experiment and have a dozen jars of identical bud and each month change one to vacuum jar and monitor the long term results.

tepictoton

I would welcome the possibility of vacuum sealing....and yes, in an ideal world they would just work with my foodsaver out of the box.

Still, they should be big(ger) then for sure, the Jyarz that is, I am not going to vac seal my daily supply jiji

JyARz

Manufacturer
Hi @Aldo ,
interesting concept but I'm wondering if it is really needed.
Not sure if a vacuum pack really offers any measurable or meaningful improvement over a proper grow/ flush/ dry/ cure and store in a JyARZ with a Boveda 62% RH pack.

I have bud stored in JyARZ with Boveda that is 2 years old and feel it is better than it was at say 4 months. I'm not sure if a vacuum pack JyARZ + Boveda would offer any improvement.

It would be an interesting experiment though.

My one concern would be finding the proper "crossover point" where it's optimal to move from "air" to "vacuum". It's really hard to find good studies on "curing time" as it then transitions into "storing time".
Curing involves the slow (good) degradation of the plant matter and things like chlorophyll. Curing time needs oxygen to transpire while storage time, maybe not???

What would FCers guess is the curing time for full cure? I'd have to say 9 months.
Any studies on this?

If you place in vacuum too soon, IMO it would stunt the cure and not yield the best vaping bud.

It would certainly be interesting to experiment and have a dozen jars of identical bud and each month change one to vacuum jar and monitor the long term results.

I tend to agree with you. But I've ordered a vacuum kit just to see if it functions by drilling a hole in the top of a Satchmo and using the elements provided to pump and seal. While I doubt I'd use it much myself, if people like it, it might be a very simple option to offer.

After I try it and if it works from a functional perspective I'd be game to send it to you to test it for yourself if you are interested?

Hell yes!

@JyARz Will the Chico be updated to the new gasket material anytime soon?

We still have a fair number of the original gaskets but they've been "airing" freely so I think that has all but solved the issue. The next batch we order will certainly be composed of the new material.

+1 for larger size/vacuum sealed options :)

@JyARz do the newest classic jars all have the jyarz text printed on the glass inserts, and do they usually come with a pair of replacement gaskets?

Cool ... I"ll be testing the vac thing.

All new Classics come with thicker glass but no logo. Rather than increase the product price, I opted to keep the price the same by paying more for the thicker glass and foregoing the cost of the printing. Seems most people (not all) are happy with this approach.

Classics do not come with extra gaskets or shocks. Those are very beefy products and should not have to be replaced for years to come!

Cool idea n all @JyARz , but do you think your glass process is up to the task of being under vacuum without the risk of implosion ? :shrug: just an 'out loud' thought :hmm:

I wonder that myself. The glass on the satchmo and new model (we are internally calling it the Big Boy...tongue in cheek) are pretty thick so I think it will be alright but it bares testing.

We are FINALLY (my failing) working on the script for the crowd funding campaign ... so things are finally speeding up.

-Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer
Good People of this Thread,

We have a massive FAIL!

The ThriftyVac cannot be modified to be used with a JyAR. End of story. Any other ideas?

-Aldo

Whoops! I stand corrected. My eldest born child said "Dad...I can make that work!" And sure enough we've got a crude but working adaptation AND the glass definitely stands-up to the test.

So I think I committed to send the package off to someone...I'll look at the thread and I'll be in touch for help with ongoing testing.

This might be an interesting option after all.

-Aldo

Last edited:

MinnBobber

The ThriftyVac cannot be modified to be used with a JyAR. End of story. Any other ideas?
.......................................................................................
What was the issue? Couldn't you make a small entry hole in cover and mate their valve?

Here's a simpler/smaller valve that uses a small hand pump. Sits almost flush with bag.
Those "vacuum patches" shown on the upper right of bag just glue over a "hole in the bag".
Would they work any better? Drill hole in JyARZ cover and glue on a "vacuum patch"??

Ziploc does not sell the tiny valves separately but I did find them once, somewhere.

ziploc-vacuum-bags.jpg

If not, what were the biggest barriers, to give some thought to working around them?

MinnBobber,

JyARz

Manufacturer
.......................................................................................
What was the issue? Couldn't you make a small entry hole in cover and mate their valve?

Here's a simpler/smaller valve that uses a small hand pump. Sits almost flush with bag.
Those "vacuum patches" shown on the upper right of bag just glue over a "hole in the bag".
Would they work any better? Drill hole in JyARZ cover and glue on a "vacuum patch"??

Ziploc does not sell the tiny valves separately but I did find them once, somewhere.

ziploc-vacuum-bags.jpg

If not, what were the biggest barriers, to give some thought to working around them?

I updated my reply...my eldest born child figured it out ;=) It forms quite a seal, when you take the cap off the Satch...it takes the glass with it ...then you have to "pop" it off to break the vacuum. Pretty cool actually. What the benefits are exactly will have to be the subject of some testing.

-Aldo

JyARz

Manufacturer
Good Morning Everybody!

A few things:

First, we're hosting a 4/20 Sale. 50% off everything on JyARz.com today and tomorrow! Get'em while they're hot.

And, we are working on a new product category. If you would like to be entered to win one of our first working prototypes please follow us (@JyARz) on InstaGram. When we reach 5K followers and the proto is ready we'll randomly pick a winner to receive one new JyARz product. For now I'll just say we see an opportunity to offer the market a completely odor-free way to store, transport flower in an aesthetically pleasing, organized and convenient way ;-) We hope many (ALL?!) of you will enjoy this new offering.

Last, we are writing up the script for the launch of IndigGoGo campaign for the next larger size JyAR (this is separate and apart from the above new product offering). Looking back at this thread I haven't been good about predicting how long this was all going to take...I'm sorry to keep everybody waiting but we are now definitely and absolutely underway!

Thank you all for your continued support.

-Aldo

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Good Morning Everybody!

A few things:

First, we're hosting a 4/20 Sale. 50% off everything on JyARz.com today and tomorrow! Get'em while they're hot.

And, we are working on a new product category. If you would like to be entered to win one of our first working prototypes please follow us (@JyARz) on InstaGram. When we reach 5K followers and the proto is ready we'll randomly pick a winner to receive one new JyARz product. For now I'll just say we see an opportunity to offer the market a completely odor-free way to store, transport flower in an aesthetically pleasing, organized and convenient way ;-) We hope many (ALL?!) of you will enjoy this new offering.

Last, we are writing up the script for the launch of IndigGoGo campaign for the next larger size JyAR (this is separate and apart from the above new product offering). Looking back at this thread I haven't been good about predicting how long this was all going to take...I'm sorry to keep everybody waiting but we are now definitely and absolutely underway!

Thank you all for your continued support.

-Aldo
I cracked the code, it's "420"! :sherlock:

Edit- Got my order in for a Satchmo, classic custom, @Ratchett scoop And replacement liner. Thanks Aldo for the killer sale!

Last edited:

JyARz

Manufacturer
@JyARz at what point do you enter the code paying by PayPal checkout ? didn't see a slot to enter it and don't want to hit 'Pay Now' without it being applied...

Don't select "PayPal" at that first screen. Go to "Check out" and the follow the steps you'll be offered a PayPal option next to the credit card option.

ghost

How much would shipping typically cost for one regular and one satchmo jar and a couple spare glass inserts? There doesn't seem to be a shipping calculator on the site.

Thanks!

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Order placed! Thanks @JyARz

A note on vacuum sealing. I've been vacuum sealing my long term storage for about 2 years now. After the cure, which is a known timeframe for me based on the strains I have, I will vacuum seal my ball jars and leave them until their turn comes:D

This offers a superior storage over non vacuum sealed ball jars which is what I was long term storing in before I got the pump and seal.

As a matter of fact, I just popped open a year old jar in prep for tomorrow and it looks and smells wonderful. Not quite fresh cured green color but just a shade darker.
Normally it's not around that long and I used to think it was silly keeping it around for that long, but I've kept a few buds sealed up for many months just for experimenting and they ended up with better smell retention and looks than the non sealed jars.

That's the only reason I keep sealing them because it works better than not.

The Satchmo I just ordered will be put to good use and keep me from opening the sealed ones as often. The one Satchmo I have now somehow empties itself quickly:lol:

Enjoy the holidaze folks!

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Im kinda pissed @ you @JyARz I specifically asked you if there was going to be a 4/20 sale again this year a little over a month ago.

The Classic will have the new materials, the Chico doesn't yet. But it's a white silicone material that most people (vast majority) use and love. If you're not satisfied we'll refund your purchase.

We are working on the new size but we are incorporating some new features and we need to raise some cash so, sadly, it's going to be a while...I wish I could say otherwise.

No immediate sales in the works.

Thanks for your interest in JyARz.

-Aldo

Yes I am holding a grudge about that, I easily could have given LOTS of my friends and employees your products as gifts while still spending the same total $$ I planned on regardless of the sale. And like most once you get shopping I usually buy more than I initially plan.

Perhaps I'm over-reacting a bit, but FC above all else is the place I expect manufacturers to be more honest with us.

Last edited:
Dramma Lamma,

rodders83

@JyARz i wanted in on the 50% i need another classic and chico and im in for the fundraiser for the xxl. I have a question though will the fundraiser have an elite option to get a cheap chico or classic or all three? Maybe even the entire range as a bundle all with updated gaskets?

Oh do not forget about UK/EU people who might need delivery just a thought!

JyARz

Manufacturer
How much would shipping typically cost for one regular and one satchmo jar and a couple spare glass inserts? There doesn't seem to be a shipping calculator on the site.

Thanks!

Just fill your cart and proceed to check-out. Before you pay you'll see shipping rates.

Order placed! Thanks @JyARz

A note on vacuum sealing. I've been vacuum sealing my long term storage for about 2 years now. After the cure, which is a known timeframe for me based on the strains I have, I will vacuum seal my ball jars and leave them until their turn comes:D

This offers a superior storage over non vacuum sealed ball jars which is what I was long term storing in before I got the pump and seal.

As a matter of fact, I just popped open a year old jar in prep for tomorrow and it looks and smells wonderful. Not quite fresh cured green color but just a shade darker.
Normally it's not around that long and I used to think it was silly keeping it around for that long, but I've kept a few buds sealed up for many months just for experimenting and they ended up with better smell retention and looks than the non sealed jars.

That's the only reason I keep sealing them because it works better than not.

The Satchmo I just ordered will be put to good use and keep me from opening the sealed ones as often. The one Satchmo I have now somehow empties itself quickly:lol:

Enjoy the holidaze folks!

Interesting. Thanks for the background.
Im kinda pissed @ you @JyARz I specifically asked you if there was going to be a 4/20 sale again this year a little over a month ago.

Yes I am holding a grudge about that, I easily could have given LOTS of my friends and employees your products as gifts while still spending the same total $$ I planned on regardless of the sale. And like most once you get shopping I usually buy more than I initially plan.

Perhaps I'm over-reacting a bit, but FC above all else is the place I expect manufacturers to be more honest with us.

I certainly didn't mean to mislead you. How can we make it up to you?

@JyARz i wanted in on the 50% i need another classic and chico and im in for the fundraiser for the xxl. I have a question though will the fundraiser have an elite option to get a cheap chico or classic or all three? Maybe even the entire range as a bundle all with updated gaskets?

Oh do not forget about UK/EU people who might need delivery just a thought!

I hadn't thought about an "elite" option - good idea. Let me think about we'll incorporate something along those lines.

-Aldo

Top Bottom