nostalgia

Nostalgia
reece said:
I got tired of that happening so I put a couple of ponytail holders around it to hold the chamber in place. Works like a charm.
That's a good idea! How do you put them on exactly?

reece said:
How long did it take to dry out?
Not sure exactly, I was pretty sure it was fucked when I found it. I took the herb chamber off and a bunch of water poured out. I left it out on a table to dry out for most of the day and then I tried firing it up and by god it actually worked! I didn't want to hit it right away so I turned it off and left it on a table overnight. I cleaned it out and packed it late the next day.

nostalgia,

reece

nostalgia said:
reece said:
I got tired of that happening so I put a couple of ponytail holders around it to hold the chamber in place. Works like a charm.
That's a good idea! How do you put them on exactly?
photo12n.jpg

reece,

UrDoinItWrong

PURPLE! :o

I accidentally pulled my mouthpiece off today in a stealth situation and spilled a little herb, it sucked. No one noticed or anything, but it made me think about having a nice latch as an improvement.

UrDoinItWrong,

Durden

I am Jack's title
That purple looks sick! they only had blue, green, and white to choose from at the headshop where I got mine. Guess I know what color is next ;)

Durden,

max

Out to lunch
I think we need to start a petition for an all black iolite. No little dots as eye catchers either. The io rep has said they'd make a black one if there was enough demand. The colors are nice, but it is a stealth design. After all, you don't see chrome on a sniper rifle. ;)

max,

UrDoinItWrong

My sniper rifle is all purple and chromed out because that was the only color scheme they had left at the store!!! ;)

UrDoinItWrong,

veggie

ok guys i am waiting for my brand new iolite, and i will tell u if it works or not,,, admittedly im a little skeptical since my last purchase of the vapir classic rechargeable cordless peace of crap that i wasted 300 buck on, thats why im trying butane,,,, but seriosly stay away from the vapir classic and classic cordless, i havent got one good yet, fn joke man, and no return,,,
anywho i cant wait to try out the sweet lookin iolite,

veggie,

lwien

Just fired mine up last night for the first time.

After reading all the posts on these, I was expecting it to be louder than it was. When it was heating, all there was was a slight hiss. With any kind of ambient noise outside, which there always is, I don't think that anyone further than a foot or two away would be able to hear it.

I wanted to see how efficient it "could" be, so I loaded 2 PD bowls worth inside the IO and got about the same amount of hits that I get off of one PD bowl with the PD, so, from an efficiency standpoint, it looks like I would use twice the amount of weed with the IO than I do with the PD............but man, for a portable, there's nothing better.

The other thing is how evenly it vapes the herb. With the PD and the VG, I get various shades of brown, but with the IO, ALL the duff was vaped evenly to a very dark brown without having to do any stirring or refilling.

The fins do get a bit toasty. I've seen video's where the users just kept the fired up unit in it's case while hitting it, but I'd be afraid of it overheating. Do ya think that's a valid concern?

This puppy isn't going to get a lot of use, being that I mostly vape indoors, but for those times when I'm out and about, this is a winner.

lwien,

lwien

owin said:
lwien- you like it more than the VG for portability I take it?
Yeah. A lot.

No flame to deal with so:
It's stealthier.
Constant temp.
No worry about soot on a filter.
Can use in windy situations.
Vapes herb more evenly.

As far as efficiency, I'd put the VG and the IO on par.

The VG has now been officially assigned to the task of re-vaping PD duff. I find that I can get 2 hits, without going into combustion, from a full VG bowl of duff from the PD.

I've only used the Iolite once, but I really like it. It's nice to just turn it on, wait a bit, and hit it till there's nothing left versus holding a flame to a VG.

lwien,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
max said:
I think we need to start a petition for an all black iolite. No little dots as eye catchers either. The io rep has said they'd make a black one if there was enough demand. The colors are nice, but it is a stealth design. After all, you don't see chrome on a sniper rifle. ;)
im definitely on board. i wish there was a way to paint my white one without compromising health.

illadelph,

empidonax

Hippie Dickie said:
think adding a temperature control to the II would make this the best vape for me. This may be very difficult and still keep the small size
Five chips, a thermocouple ... can be quite small, costs about $10 in parts. And some code. Pretty trivial, actually. Kind of pisses me off all vapes don't have digital temp control, it's so easy.
I mean a temp control so you can adjust the temperature. so you can vape at different temps. Isn't a thermocouple basically the same as a thermometer/thermostat?

Has anyone suggested to the company adding a temperature adjustment feature on future models?

empidonax,

rukus13

The fins do get a bit toasty. I've seen video's where the users just kept the fired up unit in it's case while hitting it, but I'd be afraid of it overheating. Do ya think that's a valid concern?
I wouldnt advise it. I don't want to drudge up the whole issue again but they have admitted that the unit releases some amount of carbon monoxide. How much we don't know. The intake is seperate from the exhaust so the argument is that the CO is diffused into the ambient air before it has a chance to make it back to the intake. In a confined space like inside the case I wouldn't think that scenario holds true. You are going to be inhaling CO. How much I don't know and thats a calculated risk you'd have to take. I wouldn't do it though.

Have you tried running your duff back through the PD? You can still get a little more out of it. Probably a lot more until you really get the hang of it.

rukus13,

lwien

rukus13 said:
I wouldnt advise it. I don't want to drudge up the whole issue again but they have admitted that the unit releases some amount of carbon monoxide. How much we don't know. The intake is seperate from the exhaust so the argument is that the CO is diffused into the ambient air before it has a chance to make it back to the intake. In a confined space like inside the case I wouldn't think that scenario holds true. You are going to be inhaling CO. How much I don't know and thats a calculated risk you'd have to take. I wouldn't do it though.

Have you tried running your duff back through the PD? You can still get a little more out of it. Probably a lot more until you really get the hang of it.
Great info. Thanks. I've been running my PD duff thru my VG. I'll probably just mix the PD duff with the Iolite duff and VG it. My Iolite duff is coming out a really dark brown, so I imagine that there's not too much left. It's actually coming out a bit darker than my PD duff.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
rukus13 said:
I wouldnt advise it. I don't want to drudge up the whole issue again but they have admitted that the unit releases some amount of carbon monoxide. How much we don't know.
Yes, please don't. You have taken the manufacturer's admission out of context. He didn't state an exact amount of CO released, but made it clear that it is significantly less than is allowable in most manufacturing processes.

If anyone wants to find out about this, just back up several pages in this thread, but we don't need to do this again.

stickstones,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I think we need to start a petition for an all black iolite. No little dots as eye catchers either. The io rep has said they'd make a black one if there was enough demand. The colors are nice, but it is a stealth design. After all, you don't see chrome on a sniper rifle. wink
Sign me up. :peace:

Durden,

NoSmoke

lwien said:
rukus13 said:

Great info. Thanks. I've been running my PD duff thru my VG. I'll probably just mix the PD duff with the Iolite duff and VG it. My Iolite duff is coming out a really dark brown, so I imagine that there's not too much left. It's actually coming out a bit darker than my PD duff.
Wow I'm suprised cause my duff is always a yellowish color no matter what herb, I've tried many different butanes I'm starting to wonder if my Iolite is defective? I've heated it up for a long time, loaded various amounts and have never gotten dark duff. What kind of butane do you use Iwien? And is yours the newer model with the pin that is unremovable? -m itching to email Iolite.

NoSmoke,

lwien

Using Vector Butane. The unit I have has the bottom screen with the removable pin.

Maybe it's the way I was using it last night. I loaded up about 2 PD bowls worth of bud in the Iolite. FIred it up, let it warm up for about 3 cycles, and started hitting it. Took 3 good hits, turned the vape off. Did not empty the bowl. Came back to it about 2 hours later, fired it up, waited 3 cycles, and got another 1 and half hits from it before there was nothing left. Took off the bowl, and it was a very even very dark brown.

lwien,

sundaddy

I have read about the plastics used in the II, and understand that they are very high tech. I am wondering about the plastics used in the mouthpieces, are they as safe as the ones used in the body of the unit? Also, the VG seems to really dry my lungs out or something like that, is the II a little easier on the lungs, same question on the MFB? any help would be greatly appreciated. ... I am thinking if I could take more of a mouth puffs, it would help. With the VG you pretty much have to "lung-hit" it. Last but not least, is it safe to have the II somewhere like your pocket or a case while it's on, or will this shorten the life of the unit.- Thanks

sundaddy,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i always heard vector sucked so i searched for higher quality butane and ended up with colibri which has worked wonders for me and allows me to vape my buds to a very dark brown and my bowls last so long when im by myself. i think im going to stop my sessions midway from now on because i hardly need as much as i take to get where i wanna be. :ko:

illadelph,

lwien

illadelph said:
i always heard vector sucked so i searched for higher quality butane and ended up with colibri......
5x rifined Vector sucked? I've heard that it's the best.

lwien,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
As far as i know vector is the same quality as colibri.. all the highly refined butanes are pretty much the same quality

vector, colibri, newport, king, etc.

Survivalism,
Top Bottom