Budz Bunny

pktrkt1 said:
My bad iolite experience.
I bought an iolite in February to help me deal with the pain of shingles. The thing was always hard to ignite from day one. It took a few clicks to get it going. Then I saw on their website that it doesn't work well above 1600m. Huh, 1600m is 5249 feet and I live at 5280 in Denver. It is funny how they have no trouble selling them here. So after four months now when I push the button it goes in a little and stops and there is no click anymore.
So I write iolite an email and tell them my trouble, mention that I can't find my receipt and ask if I could pay them to fix it or if they would help me fix it with instructions or a diagram. I get back from them to try and purge the tank a couple times, like they didn't even read my problem. They act like they can get away with bad service and a lousy product because they sell to a bunch of law breaking dopers, when its the sick and dying that buy these things.
Now I have the rubber pulled off the side that does not say made in ireland and I am looking at two very strange looking screws that will probably have to be drilled out. I figure it must be some simple linkage problem that I can hopefully fix myself with no help from ireland. Once I get it apart I will take pictures and post them.
I will never buy another iolite or anything else made in ireland
I have had exceptional service from them. Please dont give up on them. I think they will make it right for you. Send them another e-mail.

Budz Bunny,

greystr0ke

With customer service you have to ask those kinds of questions as most people would not even know what purging the butane was. After they can rule out those simple types of problems then they can begin to get more technical. I do product support and QA for a very well known social networking website and when someone is having an issue with the site, we always ask if they have cleared their browsers cache. This would seem like a simple or even insulting question to most computer savvy people, some have no idea what this even is and it usually turns out that it's the problem.

Have you called them or responded to their reply?

greystr0ke,

chucku

Charles Urbane
pktrkt1 said:
My bad iolite experience.
I bought an iolite in February to help me deal with the pain of shingles. The thing was always hard to ignite from day one. It took a few clicks to get it going. Then I saw on their website that it doesn't work well above 1600m. Huh, 1600m is 5249 feet and I live at 5280 in Denver. It is funny how they have no trouble selling them here. So after four months now when I push the button it goes in a little and stops and there is no click anymore.
So I write iolite an email and tell them my trouble, mention that I can't find my receipt and ask if I could pay them to fix it or if they would help me fix it with instructions or a diagram. I get back from them to try and purge the tank a couple times, like they didn't even read my problem. They act like they can get away with bad service and a lousy product because they sell to a bunch of law breaking dopers, when its the sick and dying that buy these things.
Now I have the rubber pulled off the side that does not say made in ireland and I am looking at two very strange looking screws that will probably have to be drilled out. I figure it must be some simple linkage problem that I can hopefully fix myself with no help from ireland. Once I get it apart I will take pictures and post them.
I will never buy another iolite or anything else made in ireland
Iolite now has a U.S. customer service center, and a toll free phone number.

http://www.my-iolite.com/contact_support.asp

chucku,

NuttinOnYoFace

wakenvape said:
well im 19 and im giving up smoking ive decided im just not as healthy as i was when i smoked literally everyday for 3 years sounds contradictory right but my body just cant take it anymore so i'm looking at vapin as a healthy alternative :D I do live with my parents so i really need something small and portable ive had bongs, zongs, pipes, bubblers everything but they always end up finding them and smashin them :mad: lol and ive had some good hiding spots over the years too. Anyways the iolite is just perfect for my situation since all my friends still smoke i need something thats portable so i can vape with them not worrying about an outlet or what not and it doesnt even look like a smoking device my mum would probably think its like some kind of walkie talkie if she ever found it :brow: lol so i read that you had some difficulties and tradhead as well which kinda put me off and just makes me want to buy from the legit dealer :/ Thanks though i appreciate your input! :D
haha you are right about it being a walkie talkie...im not gonna lie a couple of days the last week of school( i got it around 4-20) i brought it and we were vapin in school..pretty stupid since we are all prestigious students going to top universities. But I only did it cuz of how it is so unnoticeable. My mom found it one day and i just said it was a breathalyzer. Your parents will most likely not be able to figure out what it is exactly

NuttinOnYoFace,

pktrkt1

A T7 torx bit from ace was $1.79. A piezo lighter from the smoker shop was$3.99. Knowing that I can replace my iolite's ignitor is priceless.
[I have pics if someone could tell me how to post them]

pktrkt1,

pktrkt1

The guts. notice metal clip that is underneath needs to be inserted in a slot when reassembling to ground the brass on the ignitor to the brass on the vape body.

This is the ignitor.

$3.99 lighter with the old ignitor, I think barbecue lighters have this too.

bad old ignitor

unit after repair

T7 Torx bit

My first broken mouthpiece.

pktrkt1,

tradhead

OldTimer said:
GUTTED :(
I`ve only had my I-olite for 5 days and its knackered already, the plastic at the bottom of the mouth piece has disintergrated where it joins the metal screw thread. Seeing that the I-olite only comes with one mouth piece with the metal thread its now useless until i can find a replacement, more money only 5 days after spending 140 to purchase it. Until this happened the I-olite was getting top marks now im just sat looking at something i cant even use and its not really something any of the local shops are going to supply spare parts for. or am i just unlucky? i love the I-iolite however i cant help thinking that certain parts ie the mouth piece are not made big enough to cope with only a small amount of use and no i havent dropped it infact its been treasured up until this point, bloody hell better get the rolling papers back out :(
Is the I-iolite shite @yes
I told youse that this time last year.... sigh, live and learn.
ps just use it with no mouth piece, its actually cooler on the lips, that is untill it stops working altogether!

Where is the iolite rep on this page now then?

tradhead,

greystr0ke

So how is the ABV from the iolite in regards to making the brownies? I've never had much luck with brownies but since joining this forum, I saw that a majority of vape enthusiasts use the ABV for cooking. Just wondering if since the iolite didn't get to ridiculously high temps, that the ABV would be good for this. I have a good amount strictly from the iolite that I've been saving now and I think it's about time to try it. I'm gonna follow the recipe on this forum if I get the go ahead from all you.

greystr0ke,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have to stop posting before I've read the current thread. "cuse me.

macbill,

wakenvape

Hi all,

It's been a while since my last post which unfortunately was a panic attack of my iolite not working, but I am proud to say once I got her going she hasn't disappointed me since so I decided to just chime in.

I really just love this thing there isn't one negative thing I can say about it honestly.
I still have the same mouthpiece hasn't broken yet *knock on wood* and it usually starts up after one click. I always hit it as soon as it stops glowing/roaring and without a doubt always get a good cloud of vapor no preheating through 2-3 cycles etc. for me. I get clouds within 1 minute of clicking it on :D

The only thing that is slightly annoying is that the herb chamber, the metal actual chamber piece slides off of the plastic part sometimes after a long session. This makes taking the mouthpiece out impossible unless I grab the metal part and then turn otherwise it just turns round and round. Slightly annoying.

Believe it or not i don't even use the extended mouthpiece just the small screw on part is fine for the heat is barely even noticeable. My lips just kinda get a bit warm that's all. One day when i forgot the mouthpiece i just stuck my lips right over the hole and sucked and it worked just as good lol!

wakenvape,

max

Out to lunch
Lo said:
lol.... Is this still the Iolite thread?
Lo is referring to about 20 posts on ABV, that for the most part don't belong here. Those posts are now in a Lounge thread named 'More on using ABV'. We understand that threads can get a little off topic sometimes, but this was a major detour. :lol:

max,

StickyShisha2

a friend had me alter the herb chamber from her IO to have the smooth draw that I achieved with mine.
Hers came out so much better than mine that now i want to get another herb chamber to do mine over again.

StickyShisha2,

StickyShisha2

i used a dremel to carve airways on the outside of the chamber and on the inside of the plastic cover of the chamber. i also opened the clean air in hole next to where the straw attaches.

StickyShisha2,

ttomo

StickyShisha said:
i used a dremel to carve airways on the outside of the chamber and on the inside of the plastic cover of the chamber. i also opened the clean air in hole next to where the straw attaches.
sounds neat - i'd like to see some pictures of this

ttomo,
Top Bottom