leozdad

Hey Shotgun , I would very highly recommend a PD. I recently got mine and it quickly became my number one unit, i can't give it enough praise to describe the thing. It stays on and ready to hit 24/7 and only uses a mere .025g to load a stem. It is incredibly efficient and gives a hellava buzz. The current wait time for one is about 8 weeks but believe me when i say the wait is worth it. Dont get me wrong, the iolite still has a place, but the PD....... :2c: :peace:

leozdad,

h2ogo777

So i thought my iolite was running better again and it started doing the inconsistent wooshing(wssh wsshh wshh) and then would work great, then the light would go on nice and orange, then it would heat up and make a smooth woooshing with no light on lol.....this thing seems to be a bit crazy, i used colibri no problems, then used leucine butane had some issues, switch to vector and now im gettin all these inconsistencies....is it possible that its the remnants of the impure butane?

h2ogo777,

h2ogo777

purged n filled it up with vector again.....seems to be running smoother....mostly smooth wooshing wih a few pulses at the end of start up

h2ogo777,

stealth1

Hi, I'm up to page 38 on this thread and decided that the Iolite is for me. I read about small problems but overall, it's nothing that customer service can't fix. I don't want to buy from ebay even though it can be had for $175 shipped due to no customer service with the vendor i.e. quick turnaround, where they can just send me a new Iolite within a few days...don't want to ship it to Ireland and wait a few weeks.

So I have a question: Where would you guys recommend to buy online who has a great customer service record? Lower than $250 would be great also ;)

great site btw

stealth1,

vape4health

Just got my first iolite , its less then 24 hrs after I got it and from the great mods you guys posted on here this little thing kicks ass . :ko:

At the start of my second bowl the stem just stayed in my lips after a hit , I was waiting for it to happen from reading all the stuff , no big deal I just did the tube mod from page ( around 45-46 ) a tube right off the bowl , I used some tube from the Extreme whip . That mod should be stock , the whole mouthpiece problem would be gone and its probly way cheaper , I mean turning or molding small piece's comparied to cutting off a piece of tube :2c:

Next thing I tried was something else posted in this thread , not sure the page , but I just put a small pinch right down in the heat pin area , none in the bowl . When I use the pin area vs the bowl I seem to get thicker hits ( starting to be visable ) and the ABV is a bit darker almost like ABV from my E at 200C . When I pack the bowl ABV is still green , just a tiny tiny bit golden-ish .

I have the newer iolite with the solid heat pin area , I'm not sure how that works on the older removable heat pin iolite .

Fuck combustion but I love FC

vape4health,

stealth1

rayski said:
Check out fc's list of recommended resellers: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=334
I got my Iinhale and good service from GotVape; Some sellers even offer a discount to fc members.
Thanks for the link of recommended sites and the discount coupon :cool:

vape4health said:
Just got my first iolite , its less then 24 hrs after I got it and from the great mods you guys posted on here this little thing kicks ass . :ko:

At the start of my second bowl the stem just stayed in my lips after a hit , I was waiting for it to happen from reading all the stuff , no big deal I just did the tube mod from page ( around 45-46 ) a tube right off the bowl , I used some tube from the Extreme whip . That mod should be stock , the whole mouthpiece problem would be gone and its probly way cheaper , I mean turning or molding small piece's comparied to cutting off a piece of tube :2c:

Next thing I tried was something else posted in this thread , not sure the page , but I just put a small pinch right down in the heat pin area , none in the bowl . When I use the pin area vs the bowl I seem to get thicker hits ( starting to be visable ) and the ABV is a bit darker almost like ABV from my E at 200C . When I pack the bowl ABV is still green , just a tiny tiny bit golden-ish .

I have the newer iolite with the solid heat pin area , I'm not sure how that works on the older removable heat pin iolite .

Fuck combustion but I love FC
vape4health, where did you order your Iolite? Seems like your mouthpiece isn't defective? After reading all the 54 pages, the mouthpiece is of most concern and I would like to avoid a melted mouthpiece upon firing up a Iolite for the first time.

stealth1,

UrDoinItWrong

I can attest to the fact that the earlier gen mouthpieces are solid as a rock. I got my Iolite from Diesel and my roommate got his from GotVape, only a week or two before this problem starting showing up. Both of our mouthpieces are sturdy as a motherfucker, I can hold the device sideways in my mouth clenching the stem in my teeth while hitting it. My buddy even chews on his excessively and has dropped it numerous times...stem still holding strong even though it looks like a chewed up pen cap. If you get bum mouthpieces, Iolite should ship you new ones asap.

As far as the stuttering goes, I have not seen one Iolite that does not sputter or stammer from time to time. On startup ESPECIALLY, most of them will sputter/pulse a bit and it does not matter. When I first got this it made me think "oh no defective?!", but don't worry about it.

I have a completely unmodded Iolite and it works great, bottom screen intact and without spacers and tubes or anything. I get a great amount of visible vapor and bowls last forever. Don't feel you have to start hacking yours apart in order to get decent hits, try GETTING USED TO IT first.

UrDoinItWrong,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
My IO cooks at a REALLY low temp...the duff is never to my liking (always looks like it has a lil more left in it...and I'm comparing that to PD duff)

I have read that people that hit it near sea level, then take it up to the mountains, say that they can tell a notable difference in how it hits at each elevation. The higher up it goes, the lighter it cooks it.

I'm at a mile high, and being at such a height I feel that my IO isn't suited for such elevation.

possibly a defective unit? who knows....

:peace:
shakasmile.gif

Hennessy1414,

vape4health

Stealth1 , I got my IO from ebay $199 , but yeah I think I got some bad mouthpiece's too . On my second bowl the mouthpiece just melted right out when I was hitting it , no pressure on the stem just touching with my lips .

vape4health,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Hennessy1414 said:
My IO cooks at a REALLY low temp...the duff is never to my liking (always looks like it has a lil more left in it...and I'm comparing that to PD duff)

I have read that people that hit it near sea level, then take it up to the mountains, say that they can tell a notable difference in how it hits at each elevation. The higher up it goes, the lighter it cooks it.

I'm at a mile high, and being at such a height I feel that my IO isn't suited for such elevation.

possibly a defective unit? who knows....

:peace: http://www.alohastone.com/rm/shakasmile.gif
I am actually at a mile high myself and my iolite will put out a nice light brown duff. A few shades darker than what comes out of my PD. and the higher up I go in elevation (as long as I dont go above the operating limits of the iolite) my ABV actually gets darker. For me the higher up I go the thicker the hits become. same with my PD. I think it is because the higher up I go the lower the temp too vape become
i personally thought the hits would become less. but from my observations a little elevation puts out a tiny bit more vapor.... now if I could only breathe regularly at the top of the mountain, hitting the vape makes me feel like I just went for a jog up there.
i would have though that the hits would become lighter, but for me it is opposite. But then again I don't live near sea level. The lowest elevation I can obtain is 500 feet below a mile..

ive also noticed how easier it is too combust lighter based vapes at really high altitudes (provided the lighter works, Bics work just fine at that altitude, although tiny flame)

DevoTheStrange,

stealth1

UrDoinItWrong said:
I can attest to the fact that the earlier gen mouthpieces are solid as a rock. I got my Iolite from Diesel and my roommate got his from GotVape, only a week or two before this problem starting showing up. Both of our mouthpieces are sturdy as a motherfucker, I can hold the device sideways in my mouth clenching the stem in my teeth while hitting it. My buddy even chews on his excessively and has dropped it numerous times...stem still holding strong even though it looks like a chewed up pen cap. If you get bum mouthpieces, Iolite should ship you new ones asap.
Seems like the newer models have the dud mouthpieces. This one seller on ebay has some up that are listed as 1st generation style with the screen bowl but the box says Iolite instead of I-Inhale. Would these have the good mouthpieces?

vape4health said:
Stealth1 , I got my IO from ebay $199 , but yeah I think I got some bad mouthpiece's too . On my second bowl the mouthpiece just melted right out when I was hitting it , no pressure on the stem just touching with my lips .
That sux. With so many bad mouthpieces around, I wonder why there wasn't a recall; and it seems like when you receive a replacement, they melt too.

stealth1,

shotgunwilly

yeah, i think i will get a pd next... i have to sell a vapormatic first though... just dont use it.... as far as the questions on which unit has the bad stems... its a crap shoot.... some are great, a lot are crap.... my first stem that came with it was shit... i bought a pack of replacement stems on ebay and they have worked wonderfully... again, i think its a crap shoot until they go thru all their shit stock.....

shotgunwilly,

stealth1

shotgunwilly said:
as far as the questions on which unit has the bad stems... its a crap shoot.... some are great, a lot are crap.... my first stem that came with it was shit... i bought a pack of replacement stems on ebay and they have worked wonderfully... again, i think its a crap shoot until they go thru all their shit stock.....
I emailed 2 online retailers to check about the bad mouthpieces. They would know if their current stock is good, right? Hopefully, some of this information can be sorted out. I would really like to get one this week (a working one :| )

stealth1,

shotgunwilly

you know, i dont know if they will be able to tell or not... one question you could ask is if the stems have an X where the threads are... those have been known to melt.... i dont know if any with the X dont melt... maybe someone here with the stems that dont melt can verify this... the stems i bought on ebay dont have an X on them... i believe they are the molded ones.....those are good and havent melted.

shotgunwilly,

UrDoinItWrong

shotgunwilly said:
you know, i dont know if they will be able to tell or not... one question you could ask is if the stems have an X where the threads are... those have been known to melt.... i dont know if any with the X dont melt... maybe someone here with the stems that dont melt can verify this... the stems i bought on ebay dont have an X on them... i believe they are the molded ones.....those are good and havent melted.
both mine and my roomie's are the NON-X mouthpieces...so it looks like X marks the duds!

Both are also Iolite named (not iInhale) but the production run WITH the bottom screen. They are the Spring '09 vintage :)

UrDoinItWrong,

shotgunwilly

thanks for checking urdoinitwrong.... and when i say X, i mean at the shoulder where the threads meet the stem there are 4 little lug type dividing it into quarters....things that if you were to look from the bottom (up thru the hole) it would look like the tips of a + sign... i think that must be where the machine holds it to turn the stem for threads...

shotgunwilly,

Io-LITEned

My original mouthpieces, and the replacement ones (all of which melted) were all the molded sort with the X.

You can see a picture of the X on my original mouthpieces in the pictures on my post on page 53.

Io-LITEned,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
mister IO needs to get his ass in here and do some QC

....all this shit makes me want to sell mine. WTF IO....:rolleyes:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My melty pieces also had the + ends... I still have some too...The factory sent me some replacements which look identical so I'm chicken to even try them.

Lo,

UrDoinItWrong

Yeah, I've seen the "X" mouthpieces before in pics, none of the ones my friends have are like that, as we all got ours around the same time and from the same 2 vendors.

The X def marks the bad mouthpieces, so HOPEFULLY this will allow Iolite to sort out which ones suck and get them out of circulation. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone ordering replacement mouthpieces SPECIFICALLY ask for "NON-X" ones to avoid anymore heartbreak.

UrDoinItWrong,

shotgunwilly

as i mentioned the other day, my ioite wasnt gettting as hot as usual... it seems like its working ok now, but, i noticed, and it might be coincidence, but, it was after i got down to the bottom of my butane can... its vector butane, but im wondering if even the vector has minor impurities in it and when you get to the bottom it gets put into the Io....has anyone else who had problems with their iolite, notice if it coincided with the end of your butane can? i knew they were sensitive to the butane, but maybe they are even more sensitive than we thought...:|

shotgunwilly,

willieR

Been here since 2009
UrDoinItWrong said:
Yeah, I've seen the "X" mouthpieces before in pics, none of the ones my friends have are like that, as we all got ours around the same time and from the same 2 vendors.

The X def marks the bad mouthpieces, so HOPEFULLY this will allow Iolite to sort out which ones suck and get them out of circulation. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone ordering replacement mouthpieces SPECIFICALLY ask for "NON-X" ones to avoid anymore heartbreak.
Iolite contends that the new X mouthpieces are better. So you won't see them sending out any remaining old "turned" mouthpieces.

willieR,

shotgunwilly

you know willieR, i think those are the turned pieces... i think the lugs are where the machine must hold them to turn them....

shotgunwilly,
Top Bottom