DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Evil1 said:
My iolite arrived last week. I havn't got a chance to try it yet but...
I noticed that I can hear it turning on a few times after Ive switched it off - is this normal ?- I assume this is to burn the butane already in the system ?
Whats the reason for the design of the top screen with the holes in the disc ?
What would the effect be of changing this to a plain mesh screen ?
from my understanding they have already started changing the screen in the mouth piece into a removable mesh screen that is held in by a retaining spring of some sort.
pretty much a mesh screen that sits on top of the 7 dot piece instead of it being inside of 7 dot.
I just think that alot of the online retailers still have the old screens and wont carry any new ones until they sell off their old stock.

and it will take a few minutes for the remaining gas in the system too burn off... so you are right on your assumption.

DevoTheStrange,

reece

Hey, has anyone had issues with the Iolite shutting off and then turning back on? When I'm using it, all of a sudden I hear the gas "wooshing" as if I just turned it on. There is no orange glow and I cannot feel any heat coming from the unit as I do when there is an orange glow. I've waited just to be sure but nothing happens. It just keeps wooshing. So I click the piezo and it starts up as it should. At first I thought maybe I jiggled the I/O switch accidentally (in my pocket) but then it happened while the unit was sitting on my kitchen island. Any thoughts? This unit is a replacement for a previous defective unit (different problem).

reece,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Well, I gotta say it's great to see iolite in here taking care of customers so well. This was my main complaint about getting one. But after what I've seen lately, I can wholeheartedly recommend this unit! My only complaint is the hissing. In my mind it is the only thing keeping it from being the perfect vaporizer. Go get one.

stickstones,

digglover

iolite said:
reece said:
Hey, has anyone had issues with the Iolite shutting off and then turning back on? When I'm using it, all of a sudden I hear the gas "wooshing" as if I just turned it on. There is no orange glow and I cannot feel any heat coming from the unit as I do when there is an orange glow. I've waited just to be sure but nothing happens. It just keeps wooshing. So I click the piezo and it starts up as it should. At first I thought maybe I jiggled the I/O switch accidentally (in my pocket) but then it happened while the unit was sitting on my kitchen island. Any thoughts? This unit is a replacement for a previous defective unit (different problem).
Could you please get in touch with me and we'll sort out your problem.
I thought this was normal? Mine wooshes a couple of times after I flip the off switch...

digglover,

reece

digglover said:
I thought this was normal? Mine wooshes a couple of times after I flip the off switch...
That is normal. While my unit is turned on, during a vaping session, the unit suddenly starts wooshing as if it were just turned on and before the button is pressed.

reece,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
dunno why I haven't attempted attaching a waterpipe too my iolite as I have my whip vapes.... In the past few weeks I have grown fond of using an attached piece of hose about a foot long. I ended up attaching a spare glass mouth piece from my extreme whip too the hose. When not being stealthy I choose too use the hose, much cooler vape (but you kinda get noticed sucking on a hose and letting out huge clouds a few seconds later)... it never crossed my mind too attach it too a water pipe until last week...
Oh My God... totally not stealthy but huge clouds..... only using a 100ml RooR
noticed another thing... takes me much longer for the vapor too stop when I do it this way. The herb still gets just as dark gold/light brown as it normally does, does not get dark brown. I just seem too get more hits, and thicker ones too when I use the roor.
I've only been using the pipe with the extreme and occasionally the vaporwares.

DevoTheStrange,

Vapolite

I've been reading this thread for a while now and i want to share my experience with you guys.

I've been using my unit for 10 days now and there are a couple of things that annoyed me and wonder if this is normal and if yes this product really is not worth the price i paid for it.

1st: I see that in a minute or two the stuff turns brown.
2nd: There is big resistance when you drag, it hurts my chest if i use it for more than 15 minutes.
3rd: I hardly see any vapor with both fresh and old stuff.
4th: This is the biggest problem. I and my friends hardly get any buzz and when we do its the downy paranoid buzz not the hyper happy buzz i get when i use my vapor brothers maybe that's related to my 1st point? I know its portable and it wont be the same as a regular one but the effect is WAAAY WAAY less!
5th: When its reheating the swoosh is like ssSSSS....sss. SSS not steady ssSSSSSSSSss (i use ZIPPO butane brand)

Is there a leakage in my unit?

Why do you have to drag and drag until it hurts and then only get half of what other units give?
Can others who have this unit share your experience? Is my unit a defect? :(

Vapolite,

Choism

I agree there is resistance when you drag, but with practice you will get the hang of it.
TIP: silicone tubing from home depot.
My iolite gets me ripped.

Choism,

Vapolite

Choism said:
I agree there is resistance when you drag, but with practice you will get the hang of it.
I wouldnt mind the drag issue if it got me ripped!
I want to collect more info from users before i contact iolite.
Fresh bowl as i'm typing now and nothing... yes i let it go for more than 3 cycles, its hot and the air that comes from it is hot but zero vapor and just a little buzz.
Maybe the body or the bowl piece is defective and the air is going through wrong paths.

Vapolite,

5meodmt

Vapolite said:
Choism said:
I wouldnt mind the drag issue if it got me ripped!
I want to collect more info from users before i contact iolite.
Fresh bowl as i'm typing now and nothing... yes i let it go for more than 3 cycles, its hot and the air that comes from it is hot but zero vapor and just a little buzz.
Maybe the body or the bowl piece is defective and the air is going through wrong paths.
I found you have to treat this like a sucking a straw/joint very gently and keep inhaling/sucking for 5-10 (or more) seconds, hold it in for a similar time, and exhale , i see vapour every exhale, and big vapour clouds once iolite has been on for 10mins or so (then the fun really begins), the clouds get less over time, but i find i can get a hour from 1 bowl if more patient at the end of session,

my advise stick with it, keep a glass of water handy and within 1-2 weeks you will never prefer to combust again..

Ive just come back from a 5 day dam trip, didnt bring the iolite as it wasnt clean so i was using pipes, pure joints and the odd coffeeshop vape, athough i smoked some gorgeous delights out there, im happy to start using my iolite as main tool again :)

peace.

5meodmt,

kalinga

iolite said:
it could be a fuel problem causing the iolite to run hot and pulse. If the ZIPPO butane has propane as an active ingredient then this could be the possible cause.
Can this propane additive damage the iolite in any way? Does it raise the heating temperature of the unit? Thanks for your participation in this forum! Very much appreciated. :cool:

kalinga,

Vapolite

iolite said:
Vapolite said:
1st: I see that in a minute or two the stuff turns brown.
5th: When its reheating the swoosh is like ssSSSS....sss. SSS not steady ssSSSSSSSSss (i use ZIPPO butane brand)
Is there a leakage in my unit?
No, there isn't a leak. This sounds like it could be a fuel problem causing the iolite to run hot and pulse. If the ZIPPO butane has a high percantage of propane as an active ingredient then this could be the possible cause. A list of recommended butane fuels can be found here along with venting/refilling instructions.
Sorry I meant leakage in the air i draw not butane leakage.

iolite said:
Vapolite said:
2nd: There is big resistance when you drag, it hurts my chest if i use it for more than 15 minutes.
Further to what 5meodmt wrote, if you haven't removed the condensor from the mouthpiece this will cause extra resistance and its only necessary for fresh/moist herbs.
The condenser is out from day one.

I think i have to change the fuel, ill get victor this time

But why can't i see any vapor?

Vapolite,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Vapolite said:
can you taste it? how hard are you hitting it? what quality of herb are you using High or Low?

oh, and make sure you purge the tank and let it sit for a tiny bit before you change out too a new fuel. Will probably take a little while for the old stuff too burn its way out.

DevoTheStrange,

Vapolite

I found you have to treat this like a sucking a straw/joint very gently and keep inhaling/sucking for 5-10 (or more) seconds...
I already noticed that this is the right way with the iolite but still no vapors with a fresh bowl and a well hated unit.

my advise stick with it, keep a glass of water handy and within 1-2 weeks you will never prefer to combust again..
Fuck combustion :lol:

Vapolite,

Vapolite

DevoTheStrange said:
Vapolite said:
can you taste it? how hard are you hitting it? what quality of herb are you using High or Low?
A little, mostly butaney plasticy taste. The plasticy taste got less with more use but it doesn't taste like herb.

I use medical grade dro and kush.

Vapolite,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I meant can you taste the herb? shouldnt be able too taste any butane if it is working right. Also the plastic taste does go away after a few uses.

DevoTheStrange,

5meodmt

Vapolite said:
I found you have to treat this like a sucking a straw/joint very gently and keep inhaling/sucking for 5-10 (or more) seconds...
I already noticed that this is the right way with the iolite but still no vapors with a fresh bowl and a well hated unit.

Fuck combustion :lol:
i now appreciate you have vape experience and im not trying to teach you to suck eggs.... since your granny wont know too much about vapes?!? :) , possibly there is a problem with your unit? mine never tasted/smelt like gas or plastic right from the first use. i can only smell heat from the exhaust which i keep away from me when operating.

trust you sort things one way or another..

peace.

5meodmt,

Vapolite

Today i went and bought a can of vector butane after i vented it used the unit all day and still not much buzz.
Let me tell you a bit about myself.. i get high even if i sit in a car with people who smoke and i don't. while i say my iolite gives me a little buzz my friends tell me WTF dude?? i can't feel anything :/
I contacted the seller i got it from because i do think there is a defect in my unit. Hopefully he'll exchange it.

Vapolite,

Shazbuckle

Hi I was wondering if anyone has tried putting SPICE gold/diamond in the iolite. I tried it at the weekend and I loved it!!

Was just wondering if it vaped well in the iolite with no temp control.

Shazbuckle,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hey Vapolite... quick question. Not doubting you may have a defective unit. But also wondering, What Elevation do you live at? because that is how my unit acts whenever I go over 7000 feet. below that it runs absolutely fine. just want too make sure your not trying too get it too work at an altitude it does not work proper in.

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom