rukus13

digglover said:
Hey Guys -
So I was browsing my local headshop and they were selling a new iolite for 180. That's 70 below standard price right? Any guesses as to why it may be?
This is a case of why ask why just snatch it on up. Thats a really good price.

rukus13,

digglover

rukus13 said:
digglover said:
Hey Guys -
So I was browsing my local headshop and they were selling a new iolite for 180. That's 70 below standard price right? Any guesses as to why it may be?
Yeah you're right.
Damn. I just need to wait for my paycheck this month :o! I hope its still there!

Should I ask them about the price before I buy? Maybe its missing some parts or something? Is their any difference between the iinhale and iolite models?

digglover,

lwien

digglover said:
rukus13 said:
digglover said:
Hey Guys -
Yeah you're right.
Damn. I just need to wait for my paycheck this month :o! I hope its still there!

Should I ask them about the price before I buy? Maybe its missing some parts or something? Is their any difference between the iinhale and iolite models?
No diff between the II and the IO.

Just ask them if it is a brand new unit. Check out everything, especially the little parts bag that is in the pouch. It should be pretty easy to tell if it is brand new or if its been used.

BTW, there is a seller on CraigsList in the LA area that is selling IO's for 170.00 >>>
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/for/1242603721.html

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
VapeKing said:
Cons:
-Limited to only using very finely ground buds (as opposed to leaving bigger pieces like I can in the cano)
-filling chamber is very small and a pain to get the bud into and also out of with the cleaning tool
-small particles in your mouth when inhaling sometimes
-trying to get your bud into the fill chamber (I ground the buds through 2 different grinders, dumped into a medicine bottle and then when came time to use, dumped buds on paper plate and bended the plate so that the buds would pour right in)
Welcome to the forum, Vapeking! I can help some with the above points. I don't' have a volcano, but a friend of mine does. His vaped bud is greener and in bigger chunks than anything I ever vaproize, and I own five different vapes. I find that finer ground bud works better in almost all of my vapes, so this may just be something that you are not yet used to.

It sounds like you are loading the chamber that has the pin in it. That sounds very hard to me. I take the chamber that comes off the unit and use it to scoop bud out of my grinder. This is very easy and I can fill it as little or much as I want. You then hold the II upside down and put the bowl in it. Give that a shot.

stickstones,

TuTone

I almost bought an Iolite as I thought they would work great for me. My friend has one in Denver and it works fine there. When we got up to the mountains however it didn't ignite at all. We tried bleading the tank, refilling with quality fluid, and everything else that we could think of. After some research on the internet we discovered that electronic piezo ignition will not work at altitude over 7500 feet which unfortunately means all of the ski areas in Colorado. We mainly wanted the Iolite while skiing so as to be able to lite it on the chairlift. Iolite please make a high altitude compliant version, or tell us if there is any cure.

Best Regards,
TuTone

TuTone,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
E-mail IOL directly if you haven't already. This is big news for them. Sucks for us mountain folk :/

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

lwien

Hennessy1414 said:
E-mail IOL directly if you haven't already. This is big news for them. Sucks for us mountain folk :/

:peace:
They need to, at least, put a disclaimer in their marketing stuff as well as in the product packaging itself. Maybe something like a warning card. "Unit will not operate at an altitude above 7500ft."

lwien,

ChuckRock

Been using a vapor cannon 4g unit for a year and im very happy.
I just bought the Iolite and i should get it tomorrow.
I mainly need it as a backup and travel vape for when im gigging

Ill be sure to to let you guys know how i get on.

ChuckRock,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
get my replacement iolite today... still have a high opinion of this product, lets see if my views get any better or stay the same with a proper unit (knock on wood)

-- Just got it a while ago, filled it up, let it sit... fired it up... Big difference right off the get go. runs a lot quieter than my last one. glows alot brighter when it starts up, and each time it cycles it doesn't cycle as long as my other one... guess my first one was crappy right out of the box compared too my new unit.... I am totally psyched that I got one that works properly...

noticed something new... looks like there is some kind of spring holding the bowl screen as compared too my last bowl.

DevoTheStrange,

niall

DevoTheStrange said:
runs a lot quieter than my last one. glows alot brighter when it starts up, and each time it cycles it doesn't cycle as long as my other one...

noticed something new... looks like there is some kind of spring holding the bowl screen as compared too my last bowl.
Interesting, is this a new revision?

niall,

reece

TuTone said:
After some research on the internet we discovered that electronic piezo ignition will not work at altitude over 7500...

Best Regards,
TuTone
SpiralArchitect said:
Good find on the piezo/altitude thing though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezo_ignition
Is there any info about this altitude thing from some sort of reliable source? I found this, http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/2065648 , which is where the wikipedia entry is copied from. Neither has references for this information.

reece,

ekulaj

Just thought I'd post telling you guys that after about 6 hours, I finally finished reading this thread. It's 5 am for me now. This happened when I was reading about the VG on SA a few months ago too... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm probably going to pick one up tomorrow (well, today after I wake up from my future sleep). Found a listing on craigslist in Seattle for this for $180. Thanks to that poster from LA who gave me the idea to look on craigslist.

ekulaj,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
niall said:
DevoTheStrange said:
runs a lot quieter than my last one. glows alot brighter when it starts up, and each time it cycles it doesn't cycle as long as my other one...

Interesting, is this a new revision?
K from what I can tell, It looks like the 7 dot metal piece that was holding the screen in is still there but the screen is no longer inside the 7 dot, instead it is on top of the seven dot with the opening of the 7 dot piece away from the screen. The screen is held in place by what looks like some kind of tension spring. Also the middle piece of the screen is bent into the middle hole on the 7 dot leaving room for the heating pin.
(which on the old bowl used too bug me, because if you put it in the way they say too the heating pin eventually popped the screen out of the 7 dot and caused all kinds of material too fall into the dots and were difficult too remove which is why I put my screen in upside down too avoid the pin popping the screen out of its nice little 7 dot holder)

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
iolite said:
@ DevotheStrange
Yes we have changed the mesh screen in the herb chamber. It's now slightly thinner and as you've noticed held in by a spring clip. As you've seen before we are making running changes to the iolite to increase user satisfaction.
small change, big impact. there goes most of my frustration I have with this unit. I'm happy. Is this new modification more difficult too remove?

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
SpiralArchitect said:
I love the black iolite!
Can you order the stickers to replace yourself???
I like this idea. I wouldnt mind replacing my stickers with black ones as well...

DevoTheStrange,

ChuckRock

Got mines about a hour ago.Purged the chamber of air using the tool as recommended, there was a small amount of air i audibly heard being expelled.Filled with Colibri butane, left for 3 minutes.
Fired after the third attempt.

First impression,

my first vape session with the unit didn't go too well.
I didn't leave it long enough to heat up, my bad :D

Second attempt was a lot better, and produced a reasonable amount of vapour.
The unit did have a plastic taste at first.
This seems to be fading, or im getting used to it :)

Hits were quite harsh, i think ill attach some silicone tubing.

Im pretty impressed so far, but ill reserve judgement for when im out on the road.We will see if this amazing little unit still delivers

ChuckRock,

digglover

So I was thinking about picking up in iolite at my headshop for $180 sometime this week.
What's going to be the differences between it (a potentially older model) and the newer ones? Any deal breakers?

digglover,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i would say the only difference that I can see is the new mod on the herb chamber's screen, other than that... they are the same so far....

DevoTheStrange,
Top Bottom