max

Out to lunch
Thanks a lot I-inhale. Sounds like your company has done it's homework and is using some high tech materials. :science: I'm very much reassured. We'll help spread the word to other interested vaporists. :tup:

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yup, thanks for coming here and giving us the inside scoop. Much appreciated....

Another ?, perhaps max, owning one can answer it....

You should wait a further 3-4 minutes for the herb to get to temperature. Just like putting a bun in the oven, certain things just take time. smile
So after you load the vaporizer you have to give it 3-4 minute before it will start producing vapor? You just let it sit in their or what? It doesn't require you to draw whilst it's 'baking'? I would hope not.... I would think not.

Still, that's pretty interesting. I'm not sure if I can keep track of 3-4 minutes when stoned. :lol: Too bad it doesn't have a built in timer, eh? :/

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
So after you load the vaporizer you have to give it 3-4 minute before it will start producing vapor?
No. It's just more efficient. Just like the SSV element heats up fast but it works better after the heater cover gets hot. If you hit this after 90 sec., a nice easy draw works better.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha thanks to reply i-inhale !!! will be cool to vap during the hard canadian winter ;)

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Clear-Dome up early in the morning, probably awaiting your package for the i-inhale...LOL I am expecting mine today, or tomorrow at the latest. Very happy to see all the thought that they put into choosing the plastics for the machine. I never thought about the housing having to stay cool while the unit heats up our tasty medicine. Kudos for finding parts to use in this machine that are safe and hopefully reliable!

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
LOL no I dont wait mine at least not befor the end of the week LOL probably at the begining of the next week LOL ...I'm here early cause my pc at home is dead so I only can come here on my job time :lol:

..to be honest for now I dont like plastic vap because of what they smell when they heat , I hope I-inhale will not smell the burned tire LOL but I'm sure if max love it it is a good vap :p I'm hopefull

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
to be honest for now I dont like plastic vap because of what they smell when they heat , I hope I-inhale will not smell the burned tire LOL but I'm sure if max love it it is a good vap I'm hopefull
I don't claim to have the best nose (or taste), and I'll wait for some other opinions, but I don't taste or smell plastic with this. In fact, I get one or two quite tasty hits. Since the taste mostly disappears after that, I strongly suspect that it's 'tasty weed' I detect and not 'tasty plastic'. :lol:

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
OK, I just received mine in the mail just now. Friggin mailman delivered it to another business within the same building complex. Tracking down your own package, esp one that contains a vaporizer is not fun to do. Nice lady, ?who is your package from?? I reply, ?ummmm Vaporstore?? Nice lady, ?What is vaporstore?? You get the picture.

OK, I?m still at work and I am super itching to get home. I sent back my Vaporfection and my SSV to get repaired, and all I have at the house is my VRIP, PD, and i-inhale. I really do miss my Extreme, even though it wasn?t in the rotation as often, still feels like a member of the family is missing. My wife on the other hand, wants me to scale back to just two vaporizers?

So I went out to check this thing out in my car. I like it, I like the packaging it came in, it looks to be well built, and the instructions are pretty much the best I?ve seen for a vaporizer (which IMO are notoriously poor). I turned it on to hear what kind of noise it made and it makes some significant noise. I don?t know if I could turn this on in my pocket and sit there as if nothing is going on when there is a weird sound coming out of my pocket. Also, although I haven?t loaded the machine, it seems like this would be a hard machine to load in public, even if you had pre-shredded material. I guess when I go home, I can update yall on this part.

Max, in case you see this before I go home, any last minute tips would be appreciated. For example, I fired it up today to test it out and then turned it off, it was burning like crazy in my pocket....is this normal? I had these visions that I would be using this at the movies, before dinner, but now I'm a little hesitant because of the heat this thing produces.

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
some significant noise
burning like crazy in my pocket
I mentioned both the noise and the heat in my review. Guess I didn't do a good job of getting the info across. Burning like crazy sounds pretty bad. I'd describe mine as getting hot in the vent area after it's been on a while. I just hold it by the other end. It's not like it's hot enough to burn me if I do handle the vent side.

It's hand held, gas powered, and heats up to 375 F. You've got to expect some noise and heat. If you want this size and quieter and cooler, the VM3, at $450, is your alternative right now.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
OK, so maybe "burning like crazy" was a bit over the top but it got hot enough where I thought that if it got any hotter, I'd have to take this thing out of my pocket.

Now that I have vaped a few bowls through it, I am very satisfied with the purchase. I took a video of one of my hits and I was pretty impressed with the amount of vapor that came out of the unit. Asides from the heat and the noise issue, this is a pretty stealthy vape. Once it hits vaping temperature, the unit goes silent until the temp drops below a certain point then starts up again.

Taste wise, I couldn't taste the plastic but it didn't taste as good as the vapes like the Herbo, VRIP, or SSV. Since you don't really stir the bowl after a few hits, you really have to grind it up good before putting it in. To fill the bowl, I use the straw method. It's not the prettiest method but it works.

I give it a subject 8.5 out of 10. Definitely worth the 200 and must buy for those wanting a portable vape. I won't be using it at home but when I'm on the road, this is def more convenient than bringing the car set up for the other vapes. Kudos.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Another update, with another half day of usage, I have gotten to like this vape even more. I think it produces a decent amount of vapor compared to not just the other portable units, but a lot of the desktop units as well. I don?t really wait for the unit to continue heating up after the initial 45 seconds and have been getting sizeable hits using this method.

I was initially hesitant to the buy this unit because I can easily hook up my SSV or PD to the car to enjoy my vapes. I just didn?t think that I would be vaping in areas other than my house or car. Yesterday I went on 3 mile walk with my dog, and it was nice to stop halfway to take a vape. I felt so liberated being able to vape wherever I wanted but obviously you still have to be discreet.

After getting this unit, I put together a vaporizer connoisseurs must have list:

1. portable vape (i-inhale, the only portable I endorse)
2. whip vape (SSV/DBV/VW ? on a side note, I switched from food grade tubing to silicone medical tubing and the whatever taste I was getting from the food grade tubing is now gone with the silicone, almost as tasty as the all glass vapes)
3. efficient vape (PD!)
4. all glass vape (Herbo, VRIP)
5. and if you?re into bags get an Extreme

I don?t think I?ll be buying any new vapes for a while now, having a vape for each occasion is definitely a luxury that I appreciate on a daily basis ? hope this helped anyone who was teetering on whether or not they want an i-inhale

** I-inhale, quick question, the area where the butane is expelled never reaches the vaporizing chamber right? Meaning that I am only inhaling vapor and not the by product of the butane?

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
I am only inhaling vapor and not the by product of the butane?
They HAVE to separate the two air passages. That would have been priority # 1 in the design.

I would think (hope) that the by-products of their catalytic process are carbon dioxide, water and heat, which is what you get from using a torch lighter. A regular butane lighter also leaves some incompletely burned carbon, in the form of soot. It's still a bit of a mystery how this butane conversion works, without producing flame, but I've seen no sign of any soot, so I'm really hoping the process somehow takes care of all the carbon too.

max,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What power supply do you guys have to refill? Does it refill off butane like a torch lighter with the little hole on the bottom?

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
It'd be nice to set it up so you could change your own title after a certain # of posts
Great idea, done. But I won't disclose the exact # :D

Good to hear you're liking the i-inhale too, sm55, sounds like a winner in its class. :tup:

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I haven't used the Vapman before but I have used Vapir products and the i-inhale definitely is a better unit than those. I found packing the unit loosely ultimately gives you better hits. I've had varying results with different strains, but all in all, the temp they chose seems to work pretty well. For a moment, I wasn't exhaling any vapor so I moved to a room with different lighting, and then BAM! I could see all the vapor I was actually ingesting. I let my neighbors (who never vaped) try it and they were extremely impressed.

stonemonkey55,

JohnnyVape

Vape wannabee, again
I know a Cannabis Podcaster who will be broadcasting his review of the iInhale and it *maybe uploaded tommorrow*.

If you want a link to his site and it is allowed then please just let me know.

Man, i gotta get an iInhale !! :D

JohnnyVape,

max

Out to lunch
I haven't used the Vapman before but I have used Vapir products and the i-inhale definitely is a better unit than those.
Since the real weak point of Vapir vapes is poor reliability, it remains to be seen if the inhale will do the job long term. Hopefully their experience with gas tools will carry over to the vape. Also, the inhale should really only be compared to the Oxygen Mini-portable to portable. Shouldn't really be compared to the lighter based portables either, except for the obvious, like no burning on the I-inhale because of the thermostat, etc.

max,
Top Bottom