Geeza

I had one of these that did not work and had allsorts of problems with it that the company will not do anything about. I now own a flight box and THREW THE IOLITE SHIT AWAY. THEY ARE CRAP AND THE COMPANY ARE CRAP . WILL DO NOTHING TO HELP. DO NOT BUY THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

mod note: From the rules page- Don't attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed

Geeza,

elixsor

Geeza said:
I had one of these that did not work and had allsorts of problems with it that the company will not do anything about. I now own a flight box and THREW THE IOLITE SHIT AWAY. THEY ARE CRAP AND THE COMPANY ARE CRAP . WILL DO NOTHING TO HELP. DO NOT BUY THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

That's odd they have been extremely helpful to me when I had issues with the device. I've even gotten a warranty replacement as well as some free replacement parts

To bad you did not have luck with the Iolite as many people really enjoy the device.

elixsor,

nr-cole

Geeza said:

mod note: From the rules page- Don't attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed

Seems like the handful of people who have bad experiences with the I-olite get very vocal about it. The manufacturer's could probably go a long way to repairing their public image if they sorted out the kinks in their customer service chain and tried to reach out to these people.

For what it's worth, I'll say it once more: I love this thing.

nr-cole,

Skinny_j

Or better yet. Fix the kinks in a faulty product. They seem to be too hit or miss. Im from utah so im in high elevation and the air quality here sucks, so the air and gas mix in the carb and it doesnt matter how clean the gas is. And the dirty air plugs the hole where the gas enters the catalytic unit causing ignition problems. I love my mflb!!

Skinny_j,

Skinny_j

I dissassembled my iolite and cleaned the catalytic carb and got it working several times. And every time it would plug back up in a week.

Skinny_j,

2Supra4U

I think it really just comes down to people disregarding facts orr instructions or not bothering to research in the first place (or look at instructions). Then once they have an issue they complain and blame it on the product (this goes for all products as well).

In your case skinny, it was well stated that these devices (and butane devices in general) have issues operating at certain elevations. So really it is more an issuse of where you happen to live than an issue with the product itself. Luckily, you have a MFLB which has no butane so you don't have to worry about that issue.

people drop it numerous times, fill it with shit butane, treat it like shit....so when something happens they blame the product instead of blaming themselves (the customers always right?). Sure, there are exceptions....things do break and fail at times (as with any product) but I always see it mostly due to people who are uneducated about a specific product or assume that what they do or how they use it is right, or expect too much.

:2c:

2Supra4U,

chucku

Charles Urbane
2Supra4U said:
I think it really just comes down to people disregarding facts orr instructions or not bothering to research in the first place (or look at instructions). Then once they have an issue they complain and blame it on the product (this goes for all products as well).

In your case skinny, it was well stated that these devices (and butane devices in general) have issues operating at certain elevations. So really it is more an issuse of where you happen to live than an issue with the product itself. Luckily, you have a MFLB which has no butane so you don't have to worry about that issue.

people drop it numerous times, fill it with shit butane, treat it like shit....so when something happens they blame the product instead of blaming themselves (the customers always right?). Sure, there are exceptions....things do break and fail at times (as with any product) but I always see it mostly due to people who are uneducated about a specific product or assume that what they do or how they use it is right, or expect too much.

Can I have an AMEN?

chucku,

nr-cole

chucku said:
2Supra4U said:

Can I have an AMEN?

Amen.

nr-cole,

flyfishwino

I've been reading thru a bunch, not all the posts and have a few questions for the seasoned pros out here:

1. Do you need to have a grinder or can you grind it up with your fingers?
2. Turn on then fill it or fill and then turn it on?
3. Can you turn it on, use it for a few hits and then turn it off. And repeat as needed or is it best to leave it on for the evening?
4. If your leaving it on with it filled, not taking any hits, what happens to the herb and vapor while it's sitting and waiting for you?
5. How often do have to clean the screens/ replace the screens? same as a pipe?
6. How many refills of butane does a can of Vector have?

Thanks for your help.

flyfishwino,

2Supra4U

Hello,

1. if your herb is dry enough you can crumble it out then your fine, if you are ripping it in big pieces then no its inefficient.

I use a tiny 1.5 inch grinder which I keep in the carry pouch, fits nicely

003.jpg

2. fill it then turn it on. dont fill while its on. make sure you vent it if your not sure how much is left in it.

3. yes, if you use a short warm up time and then do a 10-15min bowl. I would recommend that what you put in you finish (no more visible vapor). if you do it smart you should get 4-5 bowls before you need to refill.

4. if you dont toke it, it will slowly escape from the stem. also, the herb will just cook til its dark brown (again what you put in finish it i recommend)

5. clean it whenever its gets clogged/gunked up. if you soak in iso alcohol every month or so (depending how often you use of coarse) then you should have no issues. if your more OCD then no worries even more lol.

6. if you have a 300ml can (full size can), then a pair of them will last you a long while. if you can find some in bulk or deals then stock up. I mean they only liek 5 bucks anyways. but deals are always good. never skimp on the butane top refined only vector or colibri etc.

2Supra4U,

nr-cole

Hey flyfishwino. Hope I can help with your questions.

1. Personally I'd recommend it. Everybody I talk to seems to advocate for grinding your herb pretty fine. However since the other piece of advice with vapes is generally to use pretty dry stuff, I guess your fingers could make do by crumbling it with your fingers. Seems inconvenient to me.

2. Fill it then turn it on.
3. I'd say it depends how long you're planning on going without. It really doesn't take that long to get back to optimal temp. If you are planning on waiting a while I think it's better to just turn it off because I'm not sure how long a tank lasts. My rough guess would be 30-45 minutes, but maybe someone else here has probably done an actual test.
4. The herb will probably burn very slowly. Again I haven't done any thorough tests but as far as I can tell the really hot air is only getting pulled through when you're breathing in.
5. Maybe once every couple months? Definitely less than a pipe. And they give you all the tools and instructions for cleaning, although you might want to get a wooden toothpick to poke out the screen. I use mine 3-5 times a week and have had it for about a month, and I just cleaned the screen for the first time the other day. They also give you one spare.
6. The lady at my head shop told me the can she was giving me with my Iolite would last 6 months. I also think she probably used more than I do so maybe even longer? It isn't Vector mind you, I think the brand is London? But I'm guessing the can is comparable, standard sized.

Hope that helps. I give this vape the highest recommendation.

nr-cole,

Albert Hofmann

Convicted vapist
Just curious if anyone has had a positive experience with the "optimizer"? Saw one at the shop where I originaly purchased my iolite and thought it looked promising, but then I read greystrokes negative review on it and decided to keep my money instead. Still hopefull it might do what they claim.

Albert Hofmann,

nr-cole

I think the idea is that the extra prongs on the optimizer will distribute heat better. Considering that everyone here has taken to calling it the de-optimizer, I think it's fairly safe to say that it doesn't work out. I'm guessing the heating element isn't strong enough to heat up both the bowl and the extra metal. Maybe a different opinion will pop up, but the general consensus seems to be to save your money.

I've found the best way to get big clouds every time is to draw very slowly. The unit seems to make a bit of a whistling noise when you pull at a certain speed. While the speed you go at to make this noise feels slow, I recommend drawing even more lightly than that. You're just barely pulling air through the tube for an extended amount of time. Slower draw = air getting more time mixing with your herb = bigger hits = one happy vaporist :D

nr-cole,

2Supra4U

All i see it as is it forces people to put less herb in the chamber because it takes up more space in the chamber. it claims to give bettter performance (bigger clouds)

I find if I fill the chamber up with like a .1 or .2 etc dont compress it at all (let it fill half to 3/4 maybe), i get huge clouds for a few draws and get nice vapor for 10-15min.

depends on what you got in there as well i guess(quality)

i dont feel there is any issuse in the bowl....it heats up whatever is in there fine its such a confined space.

If you always pack you bowl full....maybe even press it down and fill more in....i suggest putting it in very lose and not touching it and trying it.

also....the key is a very light, long draw as well.

nr-cole at the end of his post there got the draw exactly how i mean

2Supra4U,

vape4health

I kinda feel like I have to make this post , a bunch of pages ago I was having problems and not real happy with my Io , it was my fault I used shitty tane the first few times .

So a friend was over and checked out the Io and really liked it , I let him borrow it and 2 cans of Vector for around 8 mth , he used it just about everyday . He had it over the other day and man that thing was blowing some vapor . We talked about it and the only thing he did was use good tane , the ABV was coming out a nice golden brown , its the first time I ever seen my Io cook the load . Im sure everyone knows to use good butane and thats not what Im posting about , I was worried my vape wasnt getting to temp but now Im sure it does . Im happy with my Iolite . :)

vape4health,

thizzlam

So I just got my iolite and now it won't work. I filled it up with Butane like I have been doing, but when I flip the switch to 'on' I do not hear the flowing of butane, nor is it able to ignite.

What might the problem be?

Modnote: Merged. Please search before posting a new thread.

thizzlam,

thizzlam

I realized that I used Ronson Butane (awww shit). I then purged the system. however, my iolite only purged for about 2 seconds, even though i thought I had filled it up all of the way.

If i use a better butane such as vector will i be fine? or am I just fucked?

thizzlam,

2Supra4U

if your heard it for 2 secs when you purged you didnt even have it filled enough for it to flow properly.

make sure it is purged til you hear no sound.....then press down the butane firmly for 3-5 secs then once it spits back you stop....you should have no spit back for 3-5 secs thats how you know you filled it right.

2Supra4U,

2Supra4U

your not waitng for a noise you waiting for it to spray out from the fill tip.

This is assuming you have the right tip on the butane ( some dont need a tip)

when your filling, you should have a 3-5 second window from when you firmly press the can down on the iolite fill tip that there is no sprayback

if you have sprayback right away then u are not pressing down hard enough or have the incorrect tip on.

this is being done from an empty purged tank....

2Supra4U,
Top Bottom