Discontinued Inhalater XP

Old School

Vape13man
Hello guys i bought an inhalater xp few days ago .
When i smoke it gets me high and eventually all the green goodness it s an uniform dark brownish color but i really get no thick clouds at all, not even at level 8 .
Below 6 i barely have vapour.
Is it only me?
This question is going to vary from member to member. Some people still have the first batch, which gets visible vapor from 4+. Then theres the third batch I believe, where all the units were calibrated too high, so you could get huge clouds on 2. So short answer, your answer will vary.

I personally don't see clouds when I use it outside (which is a lot), but inside theres lots of visible vapor around 4-5.

Yea I believe that I may have had the 3rd batch you referred to as "calibrated too high" which IMO was nothing short of absolute perfection, but to be honest I can't say for sure.....
What I can say without any recourse is that I received 2 unit in April 2013 that knocked my socks off and everyone I have shared it with since.....
my XP suffered a misaligned USB port which eventually fell out and I finally received my replacement and boy oh boy was I surprised and extremely disappointed.....I of course agree with all of the comments pertaining to the USB modification but I would have no issue living with that if in fact it stopped there.........
I was blown away at how different this newer unit was from my older "Monster BEAST"....
The 1st thing I noticed right away was that I could hit it very hard before the light would flash....hmmmm that was odd
2nd like others have mentioned WTF where did my killer clouds go.......NO WAY.......say it ain't SO...!
3rd the flavor was no longer velvety soft and smooth but no had a sharper coarse feel.....very odd..
4th the experience/affect or high was simply weaker and unsatisfying.....how could this be......

Pharmacor informed me of the temp settings being different and in fact.... the hardware is identical and the only setting that has been changed is the max setting, which I'm assuming defines the temp range 1-8......I can tell you the 2 units I now have one from Apr 2013 and one from the most recent replacement batch are simply night and day from one another and I would like to hear from the forum if there are any others out there that have the "3rd batch" verses the latest batch and if so could you please comment......
I'm amazed at how different the performance with just this one setting......it behaves different as well..

mscm888

This is sounding bad for what was to be my wife's portable when PV pre orders begin shipping on 8/26.

mscm888,

tripleg

I'm amazed at how different the performance with just this one setting......it behaves different as well..

I think that even though the clouds were bigger, you may have been combusting and not vaporizing. Which may have been the reason for recalibrating the temperature settings.

tripleg,

Old School

Vape13man
I think that even though the clouds were bigger, you may have been combusting and not vaporizing. Which may have been the reason for recalibrating the temperature settings.
I can assure you that there is no combustion take place here.....I'm not referring to my finishing session not at all....but rather my very 1st run as well as my 2nd and with the newer replacement they sent me I have to go an additional 4th run to feel as though I have gotten all that it is capable of giving me.....I was told about the temp range being changed and that I should try to use my replacement at #6 instead of #3 like on my older unit.......makes sense if all it is...is a temp setting so I tested it.......
So now here is my shock and surprise for whatever reason the older unit on #3 was giving me massive rich velvety smooth hits where as the newer unit on #6 was giving me some vapor it was far from velvety smooth in fact its flavor, vapor, affect were all significantly lessened......

mscm888 - have no fear your wife will love this device as will you.....I've been told that the range is going back up just unclear as to how far?

2clicker

Observer
I can assure you that there is no combustion take place here.....I'm not referring to my finishing session not at all....but rather my very 1st run as well as my 2nd and with the newer replacement they sent me I have to go an additional 4th run to feel as though I have gotten all that it is capable of giving me.....I was told about the temp range being changed and that I should try to use my replacement at #6 instead of #3 like on my older unit.......makes sense if all it is...is a temp setting so I tested it.......
So now here is my shock and surprise for whatever reason the older unit on #3 was giving me massive rich velvety smooth hits where as the newer unit on #6 was giving me some vapor it was far from velvety smooth in fact its flavor, vapor, affect were all significantly lessened......

mscm888 - have no fear your wife will love this device as will you.....I've been told that the range is going back up just unclear as to how far?

i also have a 3rd batch unit and get great clouds on setting 2. that is where i start my sessions at. sometimes i can get 2 full sessions on 2 before having to bump up the temp.

and there is def no combustion going on with my 3rd batch XP. its brilliant really.

i really hope my XP doesnt fail me!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

No one who has experienced vapour would ever make this mistake. If you get combustion, you will know it immediately. The foul taste and harshness of smoke is vastly different from vapour.

Belgianvapor

I'm not sure what version my xp is but I can't go any higher then 5 or it'll kill me dead.
where I go to 8 or 9 on my 004, I hardly can go over 4 without having to struggle for it by coughing
like crazy.
The light flashes after every inhale with the xp?
my unit nr is A0000X, does this mean it's one of the first ten?? if so, I guess it's batch 1 then

Belgianvapor,

2clicker

Observer
I'm not sure what version my xp is but I can't go any higher then 5 or it'll kill me dead.
where I go to 8 or 9 on my 004, I hardly can go over 4 without having to struggle for it by coughing
like crazy.
The light flashes after every inhale with the xp?
my unit nr is A0000X, does this mean it's one of the first ten?? if so, I guess it's batch 1 then

sounds like a "hot" XP to me... which should mean third batch. the third batch was calibrated "too high"... of which to me seems perfect.

hey.. .its mr. 'with pharmacor 'till death!'' here...
anybody heard back from them yet about replacement units?

My second unit would only produce clouds at 7 or 8. Smooth clouds at 2-4 pax style would have been nice... so, looking forward to my replacement.

el_floripondio,
Just got off the phone with Greg. I will be sending in my old unit directly to them. Unfortunately they are not going to be receiving the components for another few weeks so it looks like the end of the month it most likely is.

VapeNStone,
Just got off the phone with Greg. I will be sending in my old unit directly to them. Unfortunately they are not going to be receiving the components for another few weeks so it looks like the end of the month it most likely is.

Thanks! Helps to know... end of the month it is then.

el_floripondio,
Reactions: VapeNStone

Curiousone

I'm still hanging in there for this unit. I really believe this will be be a beast once everything is ironed out. Some of those early vids were very impressive. While many seem to shift focus toward the Ascent, I'm gonna wait patiently. (You hear that Pharmacor...so don't let us down!)

I will say this, I bought my Solo just before the XP initially rolled out. I debated waiting what I thought would be a month for the XP...but ultimately went with the Solo (Back in Feb). I figured I'd enjoy the Solo and then snatch the XP up after it goes through its growing pains. I'm glad I did...now I'm in no rush. WHen it's finally ready for retail, I'll probably have the money to buy it:)

Sonics420

Funny, they got my xp friday. Said a replacement will come out Monday(this is after they said theyd ship a replacement immediately after receiving faulty units)... but so far havent heard a peep out of them + my PMs are being ignored. They ignored me yesterday AND today lol.

Has anyone got a refund from this company? Being ignored and lied to plus selling broken vapes.. Wtf?

I very much doubt a refund is going to happen and if I did I would be asking Taylor that question. But I'm actually in the same boat as the guy above me because I have a solo as well to tie me over until everything gets worked out.

BaMbAaAChA

HAKUNA MATATA!!
I hope someone can help :)

i have 2 inhalater xp (new versions with a hole that look like a screwdriver hole :S at the bottom)

1) one of them doesnt heat over temp 1
2) one doesnt charge, it used to charged if u pushed the USB abit more in or left and right but now it doesnt light at all

can I open both of them and swap the USBs so I ll have one that charge and work and 1 full dead?
Or the connections in it are like maze?

BaMbAaAChA,

natural farmer

i have 2 inhalater xp (new versions with a hole that look like a screwdriver hole :S at the bottom)

2) one doesnt charge, it used to charged if u pushed the USB abit more in or left and right but now it doesnt light at all

can I open both of them and swap the USBs so I ll have one that charge and work and 1 full dead?

I am sure you can't u crazy girl...

natural farmer,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

send em back and get two new units. you wont repair this yourself easily.

ru_frothi,

Old School

Vape13man
neither i ll get new units back easily :D so I thought of give it a try to see what happen :D
I'm sorry but you wont be able to swap the USB ports.....I also wanted to do this when my USB port finally came out completely.....mine was like yours for almost 2 months where I could keep preasure applied with a rubber band....I found the pressure had to be applied away from the tip...downward in other words.....I used to strong of a rubber band at first which I think shortened my time with it.....

As for the unit that doesn't heat past #1.... I would email service@inhalater.com and ask them what they think of that issue...... I've noticed that behavior with mine when it doesn't have enough juice in the battery to reach the higher numbers.....

I will tell you that I tried just to switch batteries because my gf's unit started having charging issues and it began to loose sessions then began taking 1 to 2 days to reach a full charge.....well once it could reach a full charge anymore....I figured it was the battery.....so I first opened up my old broken unit {USB fell out} and no problem opening it being extra careful.....so far so good
that was until I tried to gain access to my gf's unit which still had a USB port intact.....I can only tell you that these units are extremely fragile to begin with and I don't think anyone including the manufacture will be servicing these units once the epoxy and glue have been applied to them......
don't try to replace or even remove the switch assembly......it's fate was decided once the adhesives were cured.....

I know how you feel.... it isn't working right anyway.....I would recommend trying anything and everything else first.....try a hair band I would twist it before slipping it over the body to adjust the tension....good luck

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

The inhalater's circuit board uses very small and precisely soldered Surface Mount components, to the point where if you don't have access to a reflow oven, solder paste and a microUSB footprint stencil, your out of luck. Surface Mount is difficult stuff, and I avoid using it unless I have too.

Plus I'd be willing to bet the problem isn't in the USB component, rather in the IC's or the flex of the board.

Inhalater

Manufacturer
Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well!

First, we would like to thank everyone for your participation to the Inhalater XP community, every post/comments are helping us to understand more and more about your concerns and ideas.

We are excited to mention that the 3rd release of the Inhalater XP will be available by the end of August.

The 3rd release will include full temperature adjustments, ranging from 125-250 Celsius for thicker richer clouds ,and for full compatibility with tobacco like substrates.

Furthermore, we've made additional modifications to our electronic module for a stable and fully reliable device.

We will keep you updated on the status of the 3rd release every week until it's official.

If you have any questions or concerns , please do not hesitate to contact me.
You can address your questions through the fc.com pm system or directly to

frederick.habr@inhalater.com

I will reply within 24hrs.

Thanks again for your time and patience !

-Fred

trillarab

Well I see that my second replacement XP is about to break. I have to bend the cord for the USB to light up and charge, and the green lightbulb near the mouthpiece just keeps on flashing.....Does anyone know a better alternative? preferrably convection?
And this time I will be asking for a refund not a replacement because even though the customer service is awesome the product kinda sucks. Couldn't even test it out long enough to make a video about it :(

natural farmer

Well I see that my second replacement XP is about to break. I have to bend the cord for the USB to light up and charge, and the green lightbulb near the mouthpiece just keeps on flashing.....Does anyone know a better alternative? preferrably convection?
And this time I will be asking for a refund not a replacement because even though the customer service is awesome the product kinda sucks. Couldn't even test it out long enough to make a video about it :(

For electricity get a Solo... For off-the-grid vamping get a Lotus. You won't regret either until INH comes up with reliable units. :tup: :2c:

Top Bottom