Discontinued Inhalater XP

Edward Hyde

be carefull with high temperatures...if u dont have water filtration they are nasty...my throat is REALLY irritated (after two days of heavy use and some high temperatures without water) now i only use high temperatures with a bong or a bubbler and low temperatures with self made ghetto mini mouth bubbler and some cool juice...

Edward Hyde,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I used the 004 with the lower temps (3-4) if using dry, but got magnificent results running it up closer to 8-9 through glass/water. I agree, the higher temps can be rough to vape dry. I am looking forward to the XP, does anyone know if the older capsules fit the XP? I have 3 from my 004 that were too dirty to sell when I got rid of the 004, so I kept them.

jambandphan03,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I used the 004 with the lower temps (3-4) if using dry, but got magnificent results running it up closer to 8-9 through glass/water. I agree, the higher temps can be rough to vape dry. I am looking forward to the XP, does anyone know if the older capsules fit the XP? I have 3 from my 004 that were too dirty to sell when I got rid of the 004, so I kept them.

Looks like they do fit:

i tried several new capsules on both the inh and the inhxp and they all slid in and out easier with the xp. In the xp they also click down on place but on my inh the capsule fit is tight and no clicking in place.

Vaporisateur,

Edward Hyde

Would this do? Looks like Vitolo' setup I think.

probably it would...since my "mouth bubbler" works up to 3 this would work even better at least to 3...with higher temperatures u gonna need something better... + with my mouth bubler i refresh the cool juice or water after every hit...

Edward Hyde,

billulsund

When vaping dry I ususally do most of the session at 6-7 and then crank it up to 9 for the last hit or 2, but it does get fairly hot at max temp and can irritate the throat. My favorite is max temp vaping through a bong. The capsules are the same size, I could not tell any difference from the capsules I got with my Inh and the ones I got with my XP. I can say that all of my capsules fit better in my xp than they do in the Inh. I am also certain that they did something to make the XP heating element better. I read on here somewhere that they went from a round element wire around the heating chamber to a flat element wire. Whatever they did it definitely heats up faster and recovers quicker between hits. I also dont think they could have added the extra intake holes without also improving the heating element.

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
Ok, here are my thoughts on the XP. Please keep in mind I can only compare this to my cano as I have never tried any other vapes. Also remember to do a few burn offs before using it. I was so excited I forgot to do this. It irritated the shit out of my throat. After a few uses the irritation was gone.

Taste: first pull is nice but they go downhill really quick and can get quite nasty towards the end.
Heat: I cannot stand the warm / hot vapor. I must use this though water and ice. This limits my actually portability. I must say it was very nice when chilled though.
Load: ~0.2 - 0.3
ABV: Checked after different temps. Very dark brown, much more so than the Cano at 193C.
Capsules: Awesome!! No issues inserting or removing.
Heat up time: Nice and quick, usually around a minute depending on temp.
Manual: Needs an overhaul. Specific maintenance instructions would be very helpful.
Ease of use: Fill, heat, inhale. Simple.
Dial: Nice and tight.
Sticker: Peeling off right out of the box.
Mouthpiece extenders: These are a joke. They don't even fit on the mouthpiece, way too big, plus they don't help me at all with the vapor temp.

Overall, it's a great vape that I will get alot of use from. It is a nice, quick session portable vape which was exactly what i wanted. I love the capsules, its nice to be able to pre-load a few. It sucks I can't handle the vapor temp without cooling it as it irritates my throat too much. I thought this would replace my cano for the most part but I still like my cano more simply because of the taste, I can use it without any extra equipment and the ABV is in much better shape. I can see myself using both equally. Hope this is helpful to someone.

billulsund

When using the Inhalater without a bong I always take short puffs and breathe in a little air with the hit. That cools it down enough so that it does not irritate my throat. Even on 4 if you try to draw a big hit without taking in any fresh air it can irritate the throat. The air coming out is very hot and dry. I hit it kind of like a cigar (except that I inhale). I can hit it on 9 with no irritation as long as I take in some fresh air.

Sonics420

@tiki, I vape at 9 all the time and it doesnt bother me at all. Maybe its because your used to hitting vapor out the bag? Compared to my solo and pax it feels almost the same to me.

Im at 6 sessions with the extended battery pack, its charging the xp right now. I predict ill get to maybe 11 capsules before the xp and battery pack dies. At this point if it charges my xp back to full that would be dope as hell! Got it from a friend for free.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Tiki, it takes time to get used to it but I suggest you don't go above 4 dry and 3 is better. Also the tips should fit. I just got the new blue stiff ones and they fit the capsules way tighter then the old soft ones but fit. You don't need to push it down just have a tight connection. You can always use a long 1/4 inch ID tubing which is what I do sometimes.

Dreamerr,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It sucks I can't handle the vapor temp without cooling it as it irritates my throat too much.

As others have already said, you might be able to overcome this with a change of technique. If it is irritating the back of your throat you might be inhaling too hard. You can also try using the tip of your tongue to break up the incoming flow. Keep experimenting.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

They fit fine.

I find the vape temp to be in line with convection vapes with a a very short air path like the TV T1. Its certainly harsher than many conduction vapes like the solo at higher end of the temp range.

Just using the 2" extension of the sanitary tips IMO helps significantly....

That said after a big group session all day yesterday we settled on 6.5 (on MY XP) as having a good compomise of vapor density, flavor, temp (harshness).

ru_frothi,

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
Tiki, it takes time to get used to it but I suggest you don't go above 4 dry and 3 is better. Also the tips should fit. I just got the new blue stiff ones and they fit the capsules way tighter then the old soft ones but fit. You don't need to push it down just have a tight connection. You can always use a long 1/4 inch ID tubing which is what I do sometimes.

I know the blue tips you speak of, I saw a picture on PV. I got some clear plastic tubing that is way bigger than the tip. I did try using my whip on the XP and it does make a difference, but water and ice is so much better.

tikimaize,

Dreamerr

If you didn't get the sanitary tips whether it is the old version or the new ones you need to ask for them. Yes water with ice is cooler but you need to be able to get conditioned to use it so you can use it as a portable. When I first got it I had a hard time. I got a smooth flow which helped and the longer tube. I still use the smooth flow a lot of the time and use it on the solo as well sometimes. There are many solutions for this. It takes time to find one that is right for you.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I know the blue tips you speak of, I saw a picture on PV. I got some clear plastic tubing that is way bigger than the tip. I did try using my whip on the XP and it does make a difference, but water and ice is so much better.

Did you actually try because they don't seal on the TIP but on the RIM around the TIP.....

try it. Your the first here claiming the sanitary tips don't fit.

and if not just call em and have em send you some that do fit....

ru_frothi,

Sonics420

My XP gave me 8 sessions on normal battery, I pushed it to 12 and a half with the extended battery charger.. not bad at all. The portable battery claims 1950mah but probably only charged my XP half way as I was able to get 4extra sessions on the portable battery.

Im happy with it, its lightweight and is like a dongle hanging off of my XP..will come in handy for my vaporizer and cell phone lol.

I cant wait to step it up to like 10000mah, Ill be easily vaping at camp this summer...the xp has got to be the ultimate portable!

Also i was wondering if i can get a glass blower to make something like the sanitary tips out of glass.. wonder if anyone has tried this before?

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
If you didn't get the sanitary tips whether it is the old version or the new ones you need to ask for them. Yes water with ice is cooler but you need to be able to get conditioned to use it so you can use it as a portable. When I first got it I had a hard time. I got a smooth flow which helped and the longer tube. I still use the smooth flow a lot of the time and use it on the solo as well sometimes. There are many solutions for this. It takes time to find one that is right for you.
Thanks for the advice. What is a smooth-flow?

ru, it is even too big for the larger nub on the base of the capsule.

tikimaize,

Dreamerr

TET still has them for sale. You do still have to redip it in water a lot. The colder it is the better it works.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ru_frothi

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
http://thermovape.force.com/IdaSearch You know there website was always hard to navigate or at least I thought so. First link is all accessories and this is the one for smooth flow hope it works. http://thermovape.force.com/IdaProductDetail?id=01t50000001qlFaAAI

Thanks. I looked before I posted that other link but couldn't find it. Their website is new but still not very improved it seems.

Another note from the group field test yesterday is that 3 of 4 participants (other than me) were all combusters. One even smokes cigs but also owns and like vapes (who knows). Anyway, I brought a backup glass piece as always but we did 5 sessions over the course of a long day and only at like 4:30 did the smoker ask for the pipe. He even admitted it was habit as the XP had vaked everyone very well. No one else wanted to combust and all got very vaked from the 1st attempts. Its a serious plus for vapes like INH and the Solo. Novice Ready. Wish all the first vapes I bought fit into that category. Thanks to FC I finally figured out what to buy.

Top Bottom