Discontinued Imp by MistVape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My only complaint... my setup got a little more penisy looking
Yes it is a big design issue imho... but the round mp is only needed to keep the balls inside, isn't it? so you don't need it with a straight stem, the alternate Ed's TNT mp looks better to me.

Like I already said I appreciate a lot the Imp although it appears sometime I miss some Omph!... so I switch for the Iheat which give me easy big clouds. The Imp is very nice for smooth light clouds. Also I'm under the impression my Evic mini get some issues in temp control mode which works well for a few hits and begin to make crazy things like overheating... I switched to power mode for a few days but, even if it's a lot more stable, it appears I get hot spots and unevenly roasting. I feel the Mistvape Touch beta version I own give me reliable solids clouds and rotate the stem is enough to avoid any hot spots.

I think somebody have to work on an accessorie to place between the bowl and the heating element to create turbulences for an fully even heating, it's an issue we are encountering with all 510 attys used in power mode and it may help a lot to eradicate stirring.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
@Improvize i also get 3-4 bowls per battery charge

Lamart suggested 50 watts and explained the firmware would regulate the power actually used up to 50 watts.
In power mode that would fry the coils but using tubo it is fine

The wood mouthpiece is both to contain the beads and for comfort since the glass gets hot. Would a flat top design be more aesthetic. I wanted to keep it short and simple. Thoughts?

Last edited:
mistvaporizer,

Sativapo

Hmm this will spoil a bit the boss feel of my ebony unit. Or is it know you stuck this idea to me
@mistvaporizer some brainstorming : Maybe not flat but more conic narrow and rocket like than rounded ? A bit like ed does but this would add height... so maybe a curve begining like a rocket cut flat on top. Or in between : flat with rounded edge like the first cover in miniature ?

Last edited:
Sativapo,

DeezVaprz

Hello my Frients. It's been a while, but I've been using the new and improved Imp body and stem. The tl:dr version is "Its pretty flipping sweet, I loved the original Imp but this one, WOW, vapor production is SERIOUS!!! Well worth the purchase!". Feel free to read on for something a little more in depth.

In my initial review, I mentioned that I needed to "prime" it for 5-10 seconds before using. Dave was right, the old stem definitely needed to be heat soaked before getting them good good vapors. It was still lovely. I toyed a bit with overstuffing to not pack it as often, but found that looser packs actually gave me more usable vapor even though the material was thoroughly browned when stuffed. As I used it more and more, I enjoyed it more and more. Dialed in the settings, TCR 185, 30ish watts Temp starting at 350 and going to 420 using my Smok X-Priv. It was working wonderfully.

Then ya boi Dave had to up and recreate the stem and body system. OBVIOUSLY I had to get up in there so a new kit was ordered. My oh my, what a difference. The thinner walls, the secure O-Ring feel, the larger bowl. Hot DAMN! Air intake was improved, heat distribution improved, it really has been a major difference. I notice that the stem and body get pretty warm, but the glass cools down fairly quickly once removed. I've been using both the Fury 2 capsules thanks to @antispleen and upping the temp to 400-420f and it has been working wonderfully. Definitely a great on the go or too lazy to pack option for the Imp. Ordered 2 packs so I have 10 ready to go when I travel (but I don't usually travel with material anyway, mostly pens).

This little guy has been producing major clouds. I ended up picking up a used Smok Treebox in Brazilian Zebrawood and it fits PERFECTLY with my Imp. Really happy with this setup. Not firmware upgradable, but I was able to dial in my settings pretty darn good. Wattage automatically adjusts based on settings, but I'm on Temp mode, TCR 185 with an initial wattage of 0243 ohms. Started at 223 ohms and play around a bit, this works best with my draw speed and packing methods. I've been starting at 350f with a regularly packed bowl and ending at about 420f throughout the session. When using the Fury 2 dosing capsules, I'm starting around 380-400 and ending up around 440 with nicely toasted material. Very satisfied with these results.

My kit came with the new Body, new long stem, new shorty stem and the new WPA stem. I set up the shorty stem with the glass beads and penis tip (lol) for on the go use, the regular long stem has been used without beads and I dig the feel and air flow. The WPA I must stay I'm using more often than expected. Didn't think this baby would produce clouds worth putting through glass, but shoot, these clouds are very real! Very satisfied with the price, look and feel of these guys. I've been picking this for on the go and home use over most of my other vapes (both plug in and portable) as I stated before and it hasn't changed. When the battery dies I pop in a fresh one and keep puffing away. Its a freaking neat little device.

I ended up seeing Daves post about Eds TNT tips and placed an order for a custom mouthpiece that matched my imp. Hasn't gotten here yet as Ed said it'd be a few weeks, but I'm looking forward to completing this setup. Overall, extremely satisfied with my purchase and the performance of the Imp. Don't regret going with the Beta initially as it was still used, but this new stem system, WOW.

Included is a pic of my beautiful setup. Thanks for getting the last OG Purpleheart body Imp in my hands @mistvaporizer. Looking forward to many more pulls moving forward as I see this baby being with me a LONG long while.

ifzj47.jpg

Last edited:
@Improvize I am getting worst battery life than 3-4 bowls but a tend to roast my plants heavily from mid to very high temps with many heat ups being below average on most battery vapes.

@alleyhoops I broke my ground glass stem today! Mod was hanging loose from sweater pocket stem slipped. I think i won't replace it as I a still have the cooling one and waiting for glass and wong shorties along with my custom oring unit.

I decided not to upgrade the first one but keep both as I like the woody feel and less breakable aspect of the wong the new system doesn't offer. Plus I think the wong is more efficient than ground glass especially once a bit seasoned/roasted.
I love the Cooling Stem from the last generation. One of the nicest looking stems around too. I love the airflow.

I’m done with the 510 Box Mods. I have the Splinter and it doesn’t compare to the Imp. Tastes like a menthol cigarette. I also tried a StemPod and wasn’t impressed, but I liked it better than the Splinter. With the latest update to the Imp, well besides shattering my glass, it’s my favorite by far. Well I am done with Box Mods, just all of them except the Imp.

I ordered another EVic Mini off of eBay. When that arrives, I am going to get to get another coil and have two full Imps.

I received my new Imp body and stem system today. I wasn't going to do it, but the demos were too damned impressive. Indeed, these stems are better than anything I've hobbled together so far... by a lot! Really incredible performance improvement. If any early adopters are on the fence, you should not be. My only complaint... my setup got a little more penisy looking lol

54518052-1222132574618195-6518691170464301056-n.jpg

I have a couple unrelated questions...

1. About how many bowl loads are you all seeing per battery? I know we all have different usage patterns, but I'm trying to see if I'm on the low end of things. I'm still using my Amazon batteries. I got legit ones from IMR, but they don't seem to offer any real improvement so they've been living in my StemPod mod. The battery indicator on my Evic V2 Mini almost never shows full charge, even immediately after replacing with a fresh battery. After a couple hits, it generally shows a 20% drop in charge. Sometimes that will go back up. Sometimes not. I figure the measurement is just flaky. I suppose I could check the numbers closer with my D4 charger.

I haven't counted but would guess I average about 3-4 bowls per battery hanging around 380-400° for most of it going up to 430° for water usage. I feel others are maybe getting better battery life. Just wondering if there might be something wrong with my mod or deck.

2. Goldenbud mentioned you shouldn't run the Imp over 32 watts and I never would in wattage mode. That's more than enough. Why, then, are we instructed to set the Tubo power to 50 watts? Isn't that rather high? I backed it off to 40 today and it seems to affect heat-up time to the hottest temps I use by less than a second and the heater has no trouble keeping up. Unsure as to battery improvements. Any ideas? I'm looking to optimize.

3. Who here has adjusted PID settings? Even with the remarkable performance I'm getting, I'm all about tweaking even more out of it. I'm curious if anyone's seen marked improvements doing this.

Haha Reddit didn’t like your post lol

HerbieVonVapster

Guess the ocd in me has held me up on this guy. I just wish the unit didn't need the wood spacer for the 510 and could sit flush on Mods. Kinda seems like need that aspect to make work with one brand mod over being needed for most mods?

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: KeroZen

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Guess the ocd in me has held me up on this guy. I just wish the unit didn't need the wood spacer for the 510 and could sit flush on Mods. Kinda seems like need that aspect to make work with one brand mod over being needed for most mods?
You know the washer is now an integral part of the coil deck?
D63-ED9-A7-D37-E-4-BE4-B38-F-2-CFB45-AE01-AE.jpg

F8-FAFC32-2-BFB-45-BD-941-D-D86-E3-D6-A20-AE.jpg

B211-EC09-0875-4-AAC-83-D9-DC56-F2839-C9-E.jpg

I watched my watts in Cruise mode and if i hit as hard as i can the watts go up to 44. The firmware senses the need for more power.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

Duh Thanks that looks a lot better I didn't realize you integrated them. jumped on and saw the pic of @DeezVaprz and expressed feelings on why haven't pulled trigger lol.

Guess it teach me to read back few pages before commenting ah :) Been meaning to try out on of your vapes for awhile. Looks like it's IMP time.

Improvaper

Hey, I'll bet a number of you have some spare Imp bodies and stems laying around at this point. Try adding a ceramic banger and some butane to make it a StickyImp!

54422009-1331200507017828-8942455655000702976-n.jpg

I put a little silicone tape around the bottom of the banger to help the fit. You'd be amazed at how effective this is. I know Dan over at MPL is planning to release something like this as a StemPod mod (using a more traditional bent glass intake). These 510 bodes create the perfect distance for the flame for easy lighting. Try it. It's fun!

Sativapo

I was planning to try something like this with a glass stem. But this is better. The IMPEssence.​

Sativapo,

Brisirg

@GoldenBud it does lock the resistance with my other vape gear and it was working just fine a week ago.

@mistvaporizer So i just tried to change the coils, using some 28ga fused clapton, they're thinner than the stock ones and i noticed that one of the screws doesnt go all the way down.

Reinstalled the stock ones and the screw is a bit more tight, but i can push the coil up and it comes off.

Brisirg,

dagfp

does the increased thermal conductivity of the copper electrodes make the imp heat up faster? some people swear that copper mech mods hit harder with ecigs while others claim it makes no difference... copper is softer/less durable and possibly harder to clean than brass, so i'm interested to know how it compares...

i'm pretty sure @Improvize gave up the right to worry about penis shaped vape objects after post #270...

personally i'm not concerned with what the stem resembles. in this case it's function over form and what feels most natural for me is to try and replicate the joint experience, so having a tapered off mouthpiece would take away from that. then again, if the performance is better with a more conical shape, i would switch immediately. though one could argue that configuration just ends up looking like an uncircumcised shlong instead. what is seen can't be unseen.

a while back i used dual coils for my ecigs but it chewed through 5500mah of battery like kobayashi at a hot dog contest so i don't think a 1x18650 mod is enough for me to enjoy the imp. don't box mods drop the voltage as the battery gets used up? that would leave the 3rd and 4th sessions with diminished power compared to the first 2...

i am planning on using an Eleaf Invoke 2x18650 mod when my imp arrives... it's only half an inch wider and deeper than the Evic mini, but also half an inch shorter and 40 grams lighter without batteries. it doesnt have Tubo and all the accoutrements but it does work with ArcticFox so dialing in the TC should be do-able (...famous last words).

dagfp,

Sativapo

Hey, I'll bet a number of you have some spare Imp bodies and stems laying around at this point. Try adding a ceramic banger and some butane to make it a StickyImp!

54422009-1331200507017828-8942455655000702976-n.jpg

I put a little silicone tape around the bottom of the banger to help the fit. You'd be amazed at how effective this is. I know Dan over at MPL is planning to release something like this as a StemPod mod (using a more traditional bent glass intake). These 510 bodes create the perfect distance for the flame for easy lighting. Try it. It's fun!
Maybe this one would work to :
https://www.dhgate.com/product/4mm-...uid=231523900083728392#s1-9-1b;srp|1717675693
What works the best a 14 or 18 ground part ? 14 should need a lot of band and 18 is to big ?

Sativapo,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Wanted to have these flavor tested. I'm always concerned about exotic wood imparting flavor to the vapor. Ed told me that any wood flavor fades quickly. @antispleen said the ebony had some wood flavor but after a few caps it was gone.
These take the fury 2 caps and fit the O ring stem system. I want to have larger caps made. My guy is looking at making a cap that would be a bit larger. If that happens I'll offer these in maybe three weeks?
If you gotta have one dm me i can make you one. $20 plus $4 domestic shipping international shipping is more.
Just be aware that in a few weeks there will be a newer version

Sativapo

I have another exotic wood vape that even gave some dried and remelted sap that I sanded. It was a bit more special high:D hopefully I'm not a health freak. It stoped when it was seasoned. I'll definitely want one of those if I can as I would also want something woody for my ebony unit.

Sativapo,

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I just printed some shopping labels so people will get emails that their order was shipped. Really the label was printed but nothing shipped yet. Hope to ship them out next week

Top Bottom