Discontinued Imp by MistVape

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Instead of the wood accepting a 14/20 ground glass joint it has a circular hole and an undercut to accept an O ring
1-FB71-F85-E3-D2-45-D4-AE6-E-057-A14282-D15.jpg

There are two groves in this one but a single O ring works great.
BE8-ADA73-8212-43-AF-9-A6-B-BAE079-E33954.jpg

The stem is straight sided glass tubing. I'm not familiar with the other model that was mentioned.
I hit this stem hard, 430 F on my mod, blackened abv.
9750-F137-34-B2-4-DE8-98-F3-69-B08-C512-CD1.jpg

No stirring just stem rotation. I stirred once and got a few more hits

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
is there a way to retrofit the existing Imp's to use the new stem system??
Yes great question. The new body/stem will fit any Imp deck. I've been careful to hold tight tolerance on the deck and body.
This jar is in the workshop
963-CBE78-08-A5-4-A47-9-D05-49-B052-BC0-F34.jpg

Inside
A5-F2-C18-E-107-E-4-E8-D-A33-B-BB367-B07-ADD5.jpg

Every body we make has to accept this deck.
We will make the new bodies so they fit the standard. Been doing this from the beginning so all decks and bodies are compatible

Here is an abv shoot, no stirring
03582337-92-DB-44-B5-AE28-07928-F52-D82-D.jpg

Going to offer a new body and three stems with screens and one interchangable mouthpiece for$50.

E87-C5-C3-E-8496-4410-8-F19-30-F9067-C075-B.jpg

I'll also offer a three pack of shorty stems with one mouthpiece for about $20

Last edited:
Yes great question. The new body/stem will fit any Imp deck. I've been careful to hold tight tolerance on the deck and body.
This jar is in the workshop
963-CBE78-08-A5-4-A47-9-D05-49-B052-BC0-F34.jpg

Inside
A5-F2-C18-E-107-E-4-E8-D-A33-B-BB367-B07-ADD5.jpg

Every body we make has to accept this deck.
We will make the new bodies so they fit the standard. Been doing this from the beginning so all decks and bodies are compatible

Here is an abv shoot, no stirring
03582337-92-DB-44-B5-AE28-07928-F52-D82-D.jpg

Going to offer a new body and three stems with screens and one interchangable mouthpiece for$50.

E87-C5-C3-E-8496-4410-8-F19-30-F9067-C075-B.jpg

I'll also offer a three pack of shorty stems with one mouthpiece for about $20

Two questions. Does the Cooling Stem fit the new body? How hard is the installation? Does it go right over the coil or am I missing something?

alleyhoops,

sickmanfraud

If you plan to offer a cooling stem for the newer configuration can you let those of us who live outside North America know before we pay to ship twice?

BTW have to say, @mistvaporizer your packages arrive to me faster than any other vape/store/site/dealer and with no customs costs.

For anyone the fence, the Imp is as good as @mistvaporizer is fast!!
Four days from US East coast to my hands in the Middle East!

The cooling stem does not fit the new body.
You can add beads to any stem and the mouthpiece will contain the beads. I'll add some beads to the package

ordered, I also put in a note for the beads. I better have it tomorrow lol. Actually, if that was the case, the USPS driver would have forgotten it in his truck and I wouldn't get it until late next week. The last three packages I have gotten have been a few days late. The guy is an idiot.

DeezVaprz

I've been using the Imp much more than usual this past month as my go to device. Not going to lie, before purchasing I was a little hesitant with considering anything 510 powered anything but a gimmick vape. I didn't believe they could perform as well as "regular" portables. Picked up this beta and was digging it a ton as I love the craftsmanship and Daves products, but still didn't use it regularly. After dialing in the TempControl settings and actually taking the time to learn how it behaves properly, this thing has been ripping. I mean this thing is getting used over my crafty, bricks and anything plug in because its so easy to use and has minimal setup. As I've mentioned, using a Smok X Priv mod but may pick up something new at some point. Looking for something wood flavored or possibly a Target Mini just for smallness purposes but for now this Priv works.

I'll agree with what a few others have said about stirring (and using the double screen method in my case as well). I got tired of stirring and spilling. I've just been loading and using the device with no issues. When packed hella tight, I just draw harder or use a water piece. Looser packs, lower temps and I'm still getting great results. Not knocking those who stir as I did a bunch and still do with my SSV and bricks, but this thing is so small that for me I didn't really notice a major difference or improvement.

Can't wait for my new body style to come in. I've been getting crazy efficiency as is, looking forward to see the new and improved results. As a long time vape enthusiast, it's been neat to be a part of this.

Vape on friends, if you haven't picked one up already DO IT! Evic Vtwo on eBay for around $25 plus the Imp and you've got a setup that stands up hard against others in that price range IMO.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I second what the guy before me said. I've used all manor of Vapes, and have quite a collection, and I grab the imp everyday. Dave is such a chill dude, the craftsmanship is on point. He up and made a wooden 510 deck ffs! It brings the flavor, efficient as hell and work of art. Cannot recommend enough.

Improvaper

What's the outer dimension of the new stem? It reminds me of what I'm doing with Argo stems and an O-ring with the original body. I like your mouthpiece and "bead your own" concept.

The main reason I got the Argo stems was the tightly-fitting rubber caps that come with them. How hard would it be for you to implement such a system? It would really sell multi-packs of stems I'd think.

Sativapo

I don't get it. Why would he implement it for the old system ? Or you mean selling the new stems with an oring to those who have the old one if it fits?

Does the same wong fit both systems?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
The new sleeve accepts all Mistvape stems including the old. But the new stems are significantly better there is no benefit of using the old ones imo.

What's the outer dimension of the new stem? It reminds me of what I'm doing with Argo stems and an O-ring with the original body. I like your mouthpiece and "bead your own" concept.

The main reason I got the Argo stems was the tightly-fitting rubber caps that come with them. How hard would it be for you to implement such a system? It would really sell multi-packs of stems I'd think.
Delta3dstudios caps should work also MFLB battery caps.

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer

You mean caps to protect filled stems? I found some silicone rubber caps but haven't bought any yet. Been looking at it.
The new stem is 14 mm OD (0.55") but not ground glass.

mistvaporizer,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Waiting on the mail-carrier.

I got my Imp a few weeks ago and tried it with some other mods I have and was not able to get it working in a satisfactory way...a couple of new mods I got from china are starting to show behaviors that I don't favor.

I picked up another evic vtc dual and will put FJ firmware on it, after i try wattage mode a few times.

What are the sweet spot settings that most people are using with FJ-FW?

@antispleen did you get your evic vtc from eciggity? I swear they have the cheapest prices online, but they only have that bright orange color...so now i will have two :lol:

I think the values i need are
TCR:
Coil resistance:
And Wattage:

TIA.

sickmanfraud

I have never tried it, but, 14mm Solo end caps should work fine.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Have to agree with everything said before... the Imp is a beast, I'm getting holidays in Morocco actually (the first since up of 10 years!) and I grabbbed the Imp with a Vaponic, a DT Gen2 dry herb atty and a wax pen atty, all this gear is powered by an evic mini except the Vaponic for sure. The one I use the most is the Imp!

Stocked by all this new improvements @mistvaporizer , I have to plan to spend some money very soon.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape see www.mistvaporizer.com/blog for fj firmware settings
In power mode try 14-20 watts for starters
Thanks! After I made that noob like post (asking for easily searchable info) I did some digging and found the settings.

I'm not sure how I have 3 faulty Mods...but its making me feel like I'm the faulty one.

...however, using the imp, paired with FJ software was a piece of cake, plus the smaller size of the imp actually gives it nice battery life.

Today I'm going exclusively imp again, just to solidify the feel.

The only thing I find a hair annoying with my particular unit is the threading...it seems like the threading is slightly off and this makes the atomizer sit at a barley perceptible tilt to the eye, but you can feel it...will pushing the deck down when its screwed to level it damage anything?

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
Thanks! After I made that noob like post (asking for easily searchable info) I did some digging and found the settings.

I'm not sure how I have 3 faulty Mods...but its making me feel like I'm the faulty one.

...however, using the imp, paired with FJ software was a piece of cake, plus the smaller size of the imp actually gives it nice battery life.

Today I'm going exclusively imp again, just to solidify the feel.

The only thing I find a hair annoying with my particular unit is the threading...it seems like the threading is slightly off and this makes the atomizer sit at a barley perceptible tilt to the eye, but you can feel it...will pushing the deck down when its screwed to level it damage anything?
Not sure it might damage the mod, I would be careful

Jblizz

Hi guys, need some more experienced opinions...I’m still relatively new to vaping, especially when it comes to 510 mods.

I’m interested in the Imp but my concern (why I’m reaching out because I don’t know if it’s a valid concern) is the coils. I had a Stempod which worked great, but for myself, in order to produce vapor the coils were getting super hot and glowing. Having read that that can be bad (toxic offgasing from oxidizing?) I ended up reselling it and sticking to my splinter.

Can someone enlighten me on the Imp, and glowing coils in general? Am I worrying about a non problem?Appreciate it. Thanks.

Top Bottom