Discontinued Imp by MistVape

GoldenBud

i would be more worried about the battery exploding as i dont think mods are designed to be run that way... with my luck the blast would happen after the godliest hit in the history of humanity because i cant have nice things...
why would it explode? if has nothing to do with the voltage setting

GoldenBud,
Reactions: ataxian

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
One minute cruise as a failsafe for me but I am pretty good about the one click shutoff after a rip or two before setting down. The beauty of these devices is their versatility. But as Spiderman's uncle once said, with great power comes great responsibility. :myday:

oneizm

To anyone wondering if this will fit on a RofVape Witcher, the answers is not without a heatsink and even then just barely. A user earlier in the thread said it did but the didn’t screw ir in all the way. They are wrong

Brisirg

Anyone using the imp with the sinuous p80 mind sharing a pic? I'm looking for a single battery mod an i wonder how does it look.

Brisirg,

Summer

Long Island, NY
One minute cruise as a failsafe for me:myday:

If I recall correctly, as, you are using tubo software on all your mods (don't know though if you have a dna, too.) Unfortunately, the P80 only takes myevic so you can only set it for either 1 minute(???) or infinity; nothing in between. So you are literally the auto shutoff(er) in autofire mode. If you want to use RBT's & vapecritic's heating method of very low mod wattage (under 14W) over a fairly long duration whereby the herb is being heat soaked between draws (edited to add in the rest of this sentence :lol:), you just got to have cruise or autofire capability.

It would be out of this world if @funkyjunky would expand his software to include other popular mods as, sadly :(, the 5 mods I visually/ergonomically favor for purchase only use myevic. What I think is the tubo firmware should be treated as something like shareware -- for anyone who isn't using FJ tubo vapes, there should be a reasonable charge for the using/purchasing of his software. We could send him our different mods so he could write code for them & expand the compatibility list significantly. I'd be in, in a heat beat.

Only mod I use cruise on is the wismec sinuous P80 the led side lights are a constant reminder it's engaged.

:bowdown: Wow, what a million dollar tip you just laid out there, Herbie. Thank you! :) This is one of the biggest pros for buying the P80 -- because with the firing time choices of only 1 min(???) or infinity on myevic, those lights, to me, are the biggest selling attribute in our special use scenario. :nod:

Last edited:

Improvaper

I got talking box mods with a buddy of mine who only vapes nicotine. But apparently he's collected entirely too many mods and hates 3-battery units... so I scored myself a sweet, free Reuleaux DNA 200. I love how it looks with the Imp!

20190223-000357.jpg

sickmanfraud

Well, I don't think any Tubo users have died yet... so there's that...

The Tubo is the only vape built with cruise control already factored into the heater technology. If you read the fine print in many other 510 vape ads you will see a disclaimer saying only to use in Watt mode. With our own @mistvaporizer being a notable exemption.

As a longtime Tubo fan, I find it incredible that people want @funkyjunky to alter the shareware to include more mods. You folks do realize that FJ makes his shareware for a COMPETING vape?

I respectfully suggest that one of the fans of the Tubo software who have spent their vape money elsewhere figure out the shareware for more mods and then give to everyone else.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
As a longtime Tubo fan, I find it incredible that people want @funkyjunky to alter the shareware to include more mods.

I don't find it incredulous at all. It's a legitimate request. FJ not too long ago did offer to give us the tubo values for the Splinters if members would send theirs to him to do so with.

You folks do realize that FJ makes his shareware for a COMPETING vape?

Well, do reveal what vape.

sickmanfraud

I don't find it incredulous at all. It's a legitimate request. FJ not too long ago did offer to give us the tubo values for the Splinters if members would send theirs to him to do so with.

If I am not mistaken he was offering to find the "Tubo" value on other mods. I believe his equipment gives a more reliable read than even a DNA205C.

There is a list of mods compatible with the TUBO software on @funkyjunky website http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_75&product_id=274

Anyone who wants to use the Tubo software could just purchase a compatible mod.

Well, do reveal what vape.

I sure hope this was just sarcasm. I have been a VERY happy Tubo camper for close to 2 years.

In case it was not sarcasm, http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=common/home.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
At this point the firmware with most compatible devices is ArticFox (and RedPanda) But the NFE guys made it closed-source so we can't backport the extra devices support to myevic or tubo_myevic.

If the other Russian from sur_myevic starts adding new devices support then we (or I for instance) should be able to backport those into tubo_myevic.

Otherwise as @sickmanfraud said above, it's entirely up to FJ's good will to add support for mods that he don't even use in products he sells. That being said the TuboX 510 attachment and his recent one for concentrates can fit on any 510 mod, so it's also in his interest to have these two products work on more devices.

Maybe I could look into it, but it's hard to add support for mods you don't own. It's much easier to test and debug when the device is on your desk vs having to send gazillions of firmware binaries to someone on another continent and hope you get valuable feedback.

But I'm also happy with ArticFox myself (I like that it has profile pages for instance) and I never ever use cruise mode (which is the only reason people want to run tubo_myevic), so the incentive is pretty low...

Sativapo

At this point the firmware with most compatible devices is ArticFox (and RedPanda) But the NFE guys made it closed-source so we can't backport the extra devices support to myevic or tubo_myevic.

If the other Russian from sur_myevic starts adding new devices support then we (or I for instance) should be able to backport those into tubo_myevic.

Otherwise as @sickmanfraud said above, it's entirely up to FJ's good will to add support for mods that he don't even use in products he sells. That being said the TuboX 510 attachment and his recent one for concentrates can fit on any 510 mod, so it's also in his interest to have these two products work on more devices.

Maybe I could look into it, but it's hard to add support for mods you don't own. It's much easier to test and debug when the device is on your desk vs having to send gazillions of firmware binaries to someone on another continent and hope you get valuable feedback.

But I'm also happy with ArticFox myself (I like that it has profile pages for instance) and I never ever use cruise mode (which is the only reason people want to run tubo_myevic), so the incentive is pretty low...
I also don't use cruuie mode a lot with Tubo firmware . I don't really need it. I want to ask a few questions about AF. It works with TCR 190 but less smoothly. Is it normal that it switches back and forth between writing the temp and "temp protection"? Tubo only writes the temp. If there is a link in another topic that could help me it would be nice. Maybe I should get into PID settings?

HerbieVonVapster

All great points only reason I run sur_myevic is cruise control. I feel Arctic Fox is much better overall of firmware. With the IMP being more micro dose size i'm not sure how useful cruise is with it?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Is it normal that it switches back and forth between writing the temp and "temp protection"? Tubo only writes the temp. If there is a link in another topic that could help me it would be nice. Maybe I should get into PID settings?

Yes that's normal behaviour don't worry. I know it's disturbing at first.

For PI mode you need to enable it first as it's not on by default (mode=temp control, click "setup", then set "use PI regulator" to enabled) Then my non optimal yet working settings are for now: Range=0% P=800, I=60 in that same sub screen. Power=28W, resistance not locked, coil material=TCR 180, Temperature=184°C, Temperature step=1°C, Temperature dominant=on, in the main screen.

I set my temperature between 180°C and 186°C during use and ABV ends up a good shade of dark brown.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I recall correctly, as, you are using tubo software on all your mods (don't know though if you have a dna, too.) Unfortunately, the P80 only takes myevic so you can only set it for either 1 minute(???) or infinity; nothing in between. So you are literally the auto shutoff(er) in autofire mode. If you want to use RBT's & vapecritic's heating method of very low mod wattage (under 14W) over a fairly long duration whereby the herb is being heat soaked between draws (edited to add in the rest of this sentence :lol:), you just got to have cruise or autofire capability.

It would be out of this world if @funkyjunky would expand his software to include other popular mods as, sadly :(, the 5 mods I visually/ergonomically favor for purchase only use myevic. What I think is the tubo firmware should be treated as something like shareware -- for anyone who isn't using FJ tubo vapes, there should be a reasonable charge for the using/purchasing of his software. We could send him our different mods so he could write code for them & expand the compatibility list significantly. I'd be in, in a heat beat.

:bowdown: Wow, what a million dollar tip you just laid out there, Herbie. Thank you! :) This is one of the biggest pros for buying the P80 -- because with the firing time choices of only 1 min(???) or infinity on myevic, those lights, to me, are the biggest selling attribute in our special use scenario. :nod:

The highest limit for autofire aside from infinity is actually only 25 seconds in surmyevic. I actually prefer the look of the tubo version aside from the added functionality... Would love that on my G3D instead. Anyway I also hope to try an Imp someday but I would likely run it on my cuboid mini with tubo firmware anyway... I do want to grab a P80 though someday as well. I have never seen arctic fox but I am not looking for a reason to try another new thing personally haha

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer
I was always disappointed that it took a hit to heat sink the Imp. It was clear that the stem has to heat up before you can get vapor.
I designed a stem that is 14 mm od glass. It is thin wall glass and heats up quick.
The surface area of the stem is 144% of the current ground glass stem. The new stem is held by an O ring
1-C9316-CA-0695-43-E1-B208-3-AE761-F6-F618.jpg

64-C30-AD8-056-D-4-A5-C-9-E54-DBFE2-F93224-A.jpg

The stem the Imp is a shorty with a wood tip
These will be available soon

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've been testing the new stem setup for a couple of weeks now and it is a huge improvement. The oring makes a perfect seal and I have been beating the hell out of it and cannot get the damn thing to degrade in any way. The stem is super secure, but can still easily be rotated. The more surface area in the bowl is just awesome. Quicker to heat, no need for stir. I'll try and get some pictures up a bit later today. This is an improvement everyone should be excited about, for sure

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
So if I got that right, it's pretty similar to the Nomad stem system which is also 14mm straight and thus between the more classical 14 and 18mm systems?

I love the Nomad stem as it has the advantages of better air flow like 18mm ones compared to classic 14mm but it's not as harsh as a real 18mm (ie. less sucking hot air effect) To me it's a very good balance. It also makes the bowl less narrow than classic 14mm and thus probably requires less stirring (but you still need to flip it if you do average doses around 100mg or more)

KeroZen,

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
So if I got that right, it's pretty similar to the Nomad stem system which is also 14mm straight and thus between the more classical 14 and 18mm systems?

I love the Nomad stem as it has the advantages of better air flow like 18mm ones compared to classic 14mm but it's not as harsh as a real 18mm (ie. less sucking hot air effect) To me it's a very good balance. It also makes the bowl less narrow than classic 14mm and thus probably requires less stirring (but you still need to flip it if you do average doses around 100mg or more)
I don't know when it happened, but I've given up on stirring. Rotate, sure, stir, nah. I'm able to vape a nice fat bowl in the imp without stirring. I'll get some pictures up here later this morning

mistvaporizer

Manufacturer

Nice explaination. The load is wider and not as deep so it Vapes more evenly.
Since the glass had less mass it is on demand from the first hit. I Rotate the stem with each hit and then 1 stir and the abv looks pretty spent

Top Bottom