Pen Imag Plus

OF

hey there, my name is tony, i bought the imag plus march 2015.

well, it doesnt turn on any more, i bought it from the official website.

is there anything that can be done to bring it back to life?

First off, howdy Tony, welcome to the Forum, sorry you're having troubles.

Unfortunately I don't recall anyone posting any reset procedure you can try (like some other vapes have), perhaps someone else knows one? If not there may be one we just don't know about, perhaps the maker can tell you?

Otherwise it sounds like battery failure to me. Unfortunately. A defective/worn out battery can look OK to the charger (fully charged) but not have enough power to run the device. Is it possible to return it for warranty repair?

One (slightly) positive point you can still look forward to your first convection vape, Imag+ is a conduction vape you know? Not that I'm at all sure how much that really matters. Hopefully you have a back up vape? Going back to blazing is a bad option.

OF

I don't think you can dismantle an Imag... I just bought one on the 14 and on the 17th it stopped working.

The light still comes on but the ceramic heating element just stopped working. I'm contacting the retailer now and hope to get a new one soon. Hopefully they will honor the 1 year warranty.

I actually really like the Imag, sleek design, quick heat, quick charge, very economical with the herb, decent clouds of vapor and they definitely get the job done. It's a really nice vaporizer, just a shame they seem to have some reliability issues.

Anyone else experience this?

my imag+ also stopped working
did you get a warranty ?

Antonio Hernàndez,
First off, howdy Tony, welcome to the Forum, sorry you're having troubles.

Unfortunately I don't recall anyone posting any reset procedure you can try (like some other vapes have), perhaps someone else knows one? If not there may be one we just don't know about, perhaps the maker can tell you?

Otherwise it sounds like battery failure to me. Unfortunately. A defective/worn out battery can look OK to the charger (fully charged) but not have enough power to run the device. Is it possible to return it for warranty repair?

One (slightly) positive point you can still look forward to your first convection vape, Imag+ is a conduction vape you know? Not that I'm at all sure how much that really matters. Hopefully you have a back up vape? Going back to blazing is a bad option.

OF
thank you for your kind answer ;) , i had been reading the phorum before i order the imag plus, i always wanted to sign up to ask question and post any observation , i just neglected it , my bad, work and daily routine make it hard, and now that the device its not working you see me here, you live and you learn huh. and oh it is a conduction vape pen, all this time i thought it was a convection vape pen, sorry for my ignorance i guess i have to read more and be informed about the differences or whatever, i just thought (conduction: still burn and in direct contact with raw materials, and convection the opposite) i guess i had to inquire more about the technology of the device, but what i care the most for now its only to not get my materials burned.

i already contacted imag customer service representative through mail, i explained everything and requested a warranty repair, i really hope they can help me since actually i dont have a back up vape pen, so yeah unfortunately i've been smoking, the battery of the ego-t doesnt work anylonger, even got me a water pipe hoping filtrating the smoke with water it would reduce the harm, i can see that i can get a whole lot of smoke out of a small bowl, the amount of smoke i get out of a hit it would make me cough my lungs out if i'd smoke it from a hitter,
same with cigarretes it makes me cough a lot i hate it ,
anyway the water pipe after a while it does hurt the throat, so my plan for the moment its to get a nimbinvap 4.0 and plug the straw to the water pipe, , so this way i get fresh vapor that is not too warm, because what i noticed even though its vapor it still hurts the throat i guess because its too hot, well thats my case , so i guess thats the way i am going to resolve it for the moment, i also plan to me get an arizer extreme q in the future, since its an affordable desktop vaporizer i`ve found so far for what i've seen at reviews it seems to be quality for the price, i hope i have the time to post my observations and give my contributions to this phorums of any new device i get that could be helpfull to this comunity, i see a lot of experts here and i might not be the most knowledged but i've learned a lot from the people that's been posting and i wanna thank you for that

Last edited:
Antonio Hernàndez,
Reactions: OF

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
so my plan for the moment its to get a nimbinvap 4.0 and plug the straw to the water pipe
Not trying to disrupt the thread, but I suggest avoiding the 4.0; unless you are going exclusively at it with a torch or don't care too much about soot (ruins your lungs/waterpipe). You could PM me if you wanted to discuss it further for more info, but I feel I add enough in the actual thread.

Last edited:
Not trying to disrupt the thread, but I suggest avoiding the 4.0; unless you are going exclusively at it with a torch or don't care too much about soot (ruins your lungs/waterpipe). You could PM me if you wanted to discuss it further for more info, but I feel I add enough in the actual thread.
thanks for the input i had already read that thread before, i've never used a torch before, i might do it to try. i suppose the nimbinvap was going to maybe generate a little bit of combustion because of the method of use , but for the moment it will be ok, i guess it will be way better than the waterpipe alone/cigarrette or hitter, it would be perfect 'tho if imag people answer the mail and help me with a repair warranty

Antonio Hernàndez,
Where are you all getting your product from?
Imag plus finally crapped out on me (even with the removed usb plate) but I am interested in getting another, albeit with a warranty.
I was looking on PIU and they are out of stock. I don't see anywhere to buy the imag3 at all as well. What's going on with the manufacturer?
did you get a warranty for the imag plus ?

Antonio Hernàndez,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Use a torch and soot issue will be fixed, with mine there is no trace of soot using it with a torch!

Now go back to the Imag, warranty can work if you get a nice retailer (as PIU seems to be!) although I don't know how work the manufacturer CS and since it is in China shipping cost kill the deal!

I gave away my Imag+ to a friend one month ago and yesterday he told me the Imag+doesn't want to take the charge/turn on, we tried differents usb port without sucess so I decided to give him my Imag3 cause I wasn't happy to let him without any vape (and important cause he must to stop smoking cause heart issue!), I let you what he thinks about it!

Well mine just quit as well. Guess these things are good for about a year. It won't even power on plugged it in.

Bob_Loblaw,

SamsonsRiddle

One thing i've hard a hard time locating with any vape, is the tool that comes with them that you use to push your dry herb. I loved the one that came with my imag+ ceramic because i could also use it to pry up the metal screen i put on the top of the chamber to keep the herb in the chamber and not clogged in the mouth piece.

Anyone know where i can get one or something similar? Thanks

Riennn

I've been lurking here for years but this is my first post.

I'm about the buy this little device and was wondering if people would recommend me the ceramic one or the one in stainless steel.

Both have the screw on mouthpiece now? At least that's what the sales agent on Alibaba told me. But she doesn't seem very knowledgeable since she told me the following:

Dear Rien, yes both have twist on mouthpiece now,but the ceramic not selling so good as stainless steel,and stainless is new,ceramic bowl is old. We don't have imag 3.

Any thoughts? :)

Riennn,

OF

One thing i've hard a hard time locating with any vape, is the tool that comes with them that you use to push your dry herb.

Anyone know where i can get one or something similar? Thanks

Sure, they're common in most of the world I think. They're used to clean ears and give ear Doctors fits. You can get them on EBay or Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-EarPic...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.com/uxcell®-Silve...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Useful tools, just not for ears?

OF

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Sure, they're common in most of the world I think. They're used to clean ears and give ear Doctors fits. You can get them on EBay or Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-EarPic...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.com/uxcell®-Silver-Earpicks-Curette-Remove/dp/B00CQK73AM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Useful tools, just not for ears?

OF
These dabs tools I've been using could've cleaned out my ears as well? Such useful tools our cannabis is compatible with.

OF

These dabs tools I've been using could've cleaned out my ears as well? Such useful tools our cannabis is compatible with.

Could have, although there are probably easier, more reliable, ways to get ear canal infections?

Mighty handy indeed. I buy them in bulk and hand them out to friends like candy to kids on Halloween. I also have modified a couple over time. One is chisel like, with the 'spoon' part mostly cut back and a 'chisel edge' (beveled on one side only) filed on the edge. Ideal for chipping off a bit of crumble or similar concentrates for loading. Even does a fair job on wax and stiffer oils.

I also have one I cut the spoon completely off and filed a blunt point on. I think polished it on 220 grit lengthwise. This is my oil loader. Pick some up on it, then heat the shaft just above there and it slides off the tip into the vape under complete control. A modest further heating moves the concentrate clinging to the needle to the bottom where dipping it in the load I just deposited in the vape leaves the needle clean again. No mess, no loss.

I glued small wire nuts on the other ends of these for handles and protection from punching little round holes in my hand.

Although I'm fairly certain that vaporizing one's ear wax doesn't lead to any particular pleasant feelings.....sooo...just sayin'. :rofl:

Then again, you're just guessing.......right?

Many years before most of you were with us, Donovan performed "Mellow Yellow", a truly strange (but not for the period, really) song briefly popular:

Straights thought it was 'code' for smoking banana peals......honest. Secret recipes and techniques were whispered about. Stores banned sales to minors to confront this menace. A local store near me put a two banana limit on purchase. We'd go in in groups and buy two each to annoy the straights. Tell 'em 'no, we have a pet monkey'. And this silliness got traction even without Al Gore's Internet and Social Media!

OF

OF

I second how good those tools are. My herbalAire came with one 5+ years ago and I still use it. Used it this morning to stir and clean the bowl in my lily.

Yep. BTW you can get them machined from sold stock (rather than stamped out of wire like the normal ones) so they come with a better handle, like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Leegoal-Stain...r pick&qid=1461615037&ref_=sr_1_2_a_it&sr=8-2

Like I said, it's a neat thing to hand a few of to a friend for an instant 'oh, cool, some of those' look. Best way to not loose 'em is to have a few spares stashed somewhere safe........ (I suggest more than one).

OF

el_oh_el

Whelp the imag 3 I bought from a fellow forum member no longer powers on. The screen comes on when charging but dead otherwise.
It really sucks because they have a great form factor in this product, but I suppose you truly get what you pay for in this case.
I would not recommend this product to anyone else due to the high failure rate.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
XMAX II is better value and quality in my opinion, also won't have the issue of a unit that could be fixed with a new battery.

After my initial testing and video my Imag has just been locked up with all my other inactive vapes.

SamsonsRiddle

I've been lurking here for years but this is my first post.

I'm about the buy this little device and was wondering if people would recommend me the ceramic one or the one in stainless steel.

Both have the screw on mouthpiece now? At least that's what the sales agent on Alibaba told me. But she doesn't seem very knowledgeable since she told me the following:

Dear Rien, yes both have twist on mouthpiece now,but the ceramic not selling so good as stainless steel,and stainless is new,ceramic bowl is old. We don't have imag 3.

Any thoughts? :)
I would personally go with the ceramic. However, I've never used the stainless and have no reason to as long as my ceramic imag+ keeps kicking. :D

SamsonsRiddle,

Riennn

Thanks for your reply SamsonsRiddle!

I am considering going with Xmax now due to being able to get a better deal on it and free ship to where I'm currently at in Thailand :) That replaceable battery seems nice too! Love the looks of Imag+ more though, but they seem very similar anyways.

Riennn,

djoser

Hi all,
Had the IMAG+ since aug 2015, it's still working well except that it's gotten really hard to draw on, and it's not the mouthpiece that is the problem. It seems the air intake (there are two holes on the side exterior) is somehow blocked. At the bottom of the chamber is a metal screen with holes that has built up some blackness, but only on part of it and I don't think that's where the air comes in. It's hard to tell, but I think there are 4 small air inlets around the bottom of the chamber. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to clean them out unless I can take this thing apart. Is it possible to disassemble the chamber for a cleaning?

djoser,

GEED

Gaseouser
..ahhahha. So S&B started to manufacture preloadable, on-the-go "dosing capsules", (in a style of revolver's cylinder) right after Imag released their iBullets :D As I was the mastermind behind this project, I am officially butthurt :D Especially coz my daily driver is a Crafty, but never thought of sending them an email with my pre-load capsule design and marketing startegies, like I did to Relaxo..

GEED,

GEED

Gaseouser
Hi all,
Had the IMAG+ since aug 2015, it's still working well except that it's gotten really hard to draw on, and it's not the mouthpiece that is the problem. It seems the air intake (there are two holes on the side exterior) is somehow blocked. At the bottom of the chamber is a metal screen with holes that has built up some blackness, but only on part of it and I don't think that's where the air comes in. It's hard to tell, but I think there are 4 small air inlets around the bottom of the chamber. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to clean them out unless I can take this thing apart. Is it possible to disassemble the chamber for a cleaning?
Easy way: get a long needle, and punch through many little holes.
Hard way: get 99% ISO, cotton buds, ear cleaners and a long needle. Wrap some cotton around an ear-cleaner stick's tip, so it will fit tightly into chamber, than dip it in lots of ISO, **!!:TURN IMAG UPSIDE DOWN, then push your alcoholic stick up in that hole, all the way :) leave it for a while, but keep it upside down, when removing, you can clear away more residues with a dry earstick, than pinch holes, repeat as many times you need, alcohol can be fater evaporated with device turned on. you can also blow air through backwards, see if that further helps.

GEED,
Top Bottom