Pen Imag Plus

GEED

Gaseouser
I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST DOING THAT!
Yeah you actually right. I mean I done it myself a few times, but one can use too much alcohol, and even though auto ignition is 399 C for ISO it could catch a micro spark of a sort :) I rather not kill an intoxicated guy trying to mess with a bottle of alcohol..

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Yeah you actually right. I mean I done it myself a few times, but one can use too much alcohol, and even though auto ignition is 399 C for ISO it could catch a micro spark of a sort :) I rather not kill an intoxicated guy trying to mess with a bottle of alcohol..

Couldn't have said it better! :rockon:

Fat Freddy,
Reactions: GEED

Sliming

My Imag just died on me! It still powers on but no longer heats up, I've been able to repair it before when the battery has become disconnected with soldering iron, anyhting i could go?

If not I was so satisfied with this product I'd buy it again, i know some people in this thread have ordered from alibaba, I'm interested in getting the ceramic one again.

How legit does this link look?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60410726884.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.ufJA8v

Seems like a pretty good price.

Sliming,

GEED

Gaseouser
My Imag just died on me! It still powers on but no longer heats up, I've been able to repair it before when the battery has become disconnected with soldering iron, anyhting i could go?

If not I was so satisfied with this product I'd buy it again, i know some people in this thread have ordered from alibaba, I'm interested in getting the ceramic one again.

How legit does this link look?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60410726884.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.ufJA8v

Seems like a pretty good price.
Just contact Relaxotech, sure they sort out a good price for you, Imag 3 is out, also, I strongly think, that your heater got disconnected this time, a bit tricky to solder it back, also can be difficult to take it apart, but if you out of warranty, you loose nothing trying it. A fine tip soldering iron needed!!

GEED,

BigChad

Hi All,

I'm admittedly new to the vape scene, and this week I purchased an Imag Plus Ceramic (Copper Tube). And I have a few questions if anyone could enlighten me.

As far as I know this is meant to be a sealed pathway unit, however I am not getting the "Big clouds" of vape that I have read about. The draw is quite difficult, and when I block the 2 air holes there is still some air drawing through. I have tried the fix listed on this forum (unscrewing the filter slightly to enable the mp to fit better but this has not helped. Does anyone know of any other areas that might be susceptible to leaking. As for the tough draw, is there a way to diagnose if it is drawing as freely as it should, or is this just how the unit runs? I have heard people say that even though it is a sealed pathway they can see a faint glow from the LED in the bottom of the chamber, I can see a lot of the led glow, when empty the bottom of my oven is lit up like a Christmas tree.

As I said, I'm a new vape user, so I'm not sure if this an issue with the unit or if it is just par for the course. Any advice/help would be awesome

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@BigChad welcome to FC!

Are you grinding your materials that is going in the IMag? How tightly are you packing it into the chamber? I do suggest grinding as well as putting the material in so the chamber is full, but not packing it tightly. I'm not super familiar with the Ceramic variant because the one I received almost 2 years ago in the Ceramic variant died after one session. I like the lower temp settings vs. the hottest as well for best vapor taste quality. Good luck!

BigChad

@BigChad welcome to FC!

Are you grinding your materials that is going in the IMag? How tightly are you packing it into the chamber? I do suggest grinding as well as putting the material in so the chamber is full, but not packing it tightly. I'm not super familiar with the Ceramic variant because the one I received almost 2 years ago in the Ceramic variant died after one session. I like the lower temp settings vs. the hottest as well for best vapor taste quality. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply
I'm grinding my material and making sure the chamber is full and lightly tamped, but certainly not tightly packed. Also making sure my material is not too wet. Not sure what else to try, as everyone else seems to be saying any blockage/draw issues were fixed on this unit with the updated mp screen. Even the first draw is tough, and the amount of vapor I'm getting is not at all like a lot of the review vids I've seen. Have tried all 3 temp settings but prefer the lowest 2. If the vape I have is working correctly I'm certainly not blown away that's for sure.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@BigChad wish I had more information to relay on the ceramic but all my experience is with the stainless iron chamber version. Is the draw restricted when there is nothing in the chamber?

BigChad

@BigChad wish I had more information to relay on the ceramic but all my experience is with the stainless iron chamber version. Is the draw restricted when there is nothing in the chamber?

That's ok CP, even a little advice at this stage is gratefully accepted
The draw feels restricted even when empty, but not as restricted as when the chamber is full. When I block the airholes on the sides I still get about 25% draw....so I'm thinking that there maybe an issue with an air leak and a partial blockage of the airway. Or maybe there is no blockage and I'm just expecting too much....either way there is definitely some sort of air leak.

Thanks heaps for your advice to this point!!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Have you tried holding your hand over the open area of the mouthpiece?

IMag's initial mouthpiece was actually OK, because it had a silicon gasket to create a seal. You could be getting air leaking in from where the mouthpiece now has no seal, thinking you are drawing but really just pulling in fresh air from the mouthpiece. Hope this helps you! This isn't ideal for normal vaping but at least worth investigating to see if there is a better draw. @BigChad

BigChad

Have you tried holding your hand over the open area of the mouthpiece?

IMag's initial mouthpiece was actually OK, because it had a silicon gasket to create a seal. You could be getting air leaking in from where the mouthpiece now has no seal, thinking you are drawing but really just pulling in fresh air from the mouthpiece. Hope this helps you! This isn't ideal for normal vaping but at least worth investigating to see if there is a better draw. @BigChad

Unfortunately I have tried taping around the mouthpiece, and it helped the air leak a little, but didn't solve the problem...and I'm not wild about having to tape and untape the mouthpiece every time I reload....

I think I'm going to have to contact the retailer and see if I can get an exchange, possibly for a different portable.

Thanks for your advice!!

BigChad

Looks like I can get a return on my iMag, the retailer also has a FM Aura, anyone got any comparisons between the 2 that they'd like to share?

BigChad,

GEED

Gaseouser
I had my very own modified version for about a year, your unit is certainly the "in-betweener" version before the Imag 3 came out. Dim light through the chamber means a thin layer of silicone rubber seal under your chamber, a Christmas-tree lightshow means absolutely no seal. There is a hole where power and thermistor wires entering, so you get the air coming through all over from the place, including PCB and battery - which is a controversial subject, but IMO posing no real threat - as thermal exposure is minimal to nothing here, and solid pollutants should get stopped by many obstacles (including your load) if there is any. A bit of a very unlikely lead or plastic dust would not do any harm to your respiratory cavities anyways :D Body does a good job removing shit, unnecessary to panic. Your restricted airflow is actually somehow normal, there used to be 4 air-intake holes on the side, they got reduced exactly because there has to be a maximum amount set (assuming a general pull) for incoming cold air, otherwise the heater could not coop. A slooooooow pull can make a good pull :) However they use two silicone profiles on both ends of the heater chamber, the one on the bottom is a sort of "bed" to keep the bottom of the chamber in place and open to air. This part during assembly can get somehow crumpled, and the wires can also simply bend into the way - just poor design really. Another note to add to your basics of vapour-knowledge, that ANY excessive humidity in your load can crucially reduce your amount of vapour, just as condensed gunk in the MP. It is also a good advice, to use an extra piece of strainer between mouthpiece and load, so no clogging will occur - this could make all the difference actually. The unscrew method for me worked perfectly, that was my main concern - you must make sure, that you unscrew the bit all the way to create a very tight fit on the top of your screen above the load! Either way, there are options out there, Imag worked well for me, though same applies to it as to all vaporizers - there is a learning curve, before you get all things right, but once done, its a bliss :D

BigChad

I had my very own modified version for about a year, your unit is certainly the "in-betweener" version before the Imag 3 came out. Dim light through the chamber means a thin layer of silicone rubber seal under your chamber, a Christmas-tree lightshow means absolutely no seal. There is a hole where power and thermistor wires entering, so you get the air coming through all over from the place, including PCB and battery - which is a controversial subject, but IMO posing no real threat - as thermal exposure is minimal to nothing here, and solid pollutants should get stopped by many obstacles (including your load) if there is any. A bit of a very unlikely lead or plastic dust would not do any harm to your respiratory cavities anyways :D Body does a good job removing shit, unnecessary to panic. Your restricted airflow is actually somehow normal, there used to be 4 air-intake holes on the side, they got reduced exactly because there has to be a maximum amount set (assuming a general pull) for incoming cold air, otherwise the heater could not coop. A slooooooow pull can make a good pull :) However they use two silicone profiles on both ends of the heater chamber, the one on the bottom is a sort of "bed" to keep the bottom of the chamber in place and open to air. This part during assembly can get somehow crumpled, and the wires can also simply bend into the way - just poor design really. Another note to add to your basics of vapour-knowledge, that ANY excessive humidity in your load can crucially reduce your amount of vapour, just as condensed gunk in the MP. It is also a good advice, to use an extra piece of strainer between mouthpiece and load, so no clogging will occur - this could make all the difference actually. The unscrew method for me worked perfectly, that was my main concern - you must make sure, that you unscrew the bit all the way to create a very tight fit on the top of your screen above the load! Either way, there are options out there, Imag worked well for me, though same applies to it as to all vaporizers - there is a learning curve, before you get all things right, but once done, its a bliss :D

Thanks Gibarian, that's a very comprehensive chunk of info right there!!

I've made some adjustments to the way im packing the unit and it has helped a bit. I spoke to the supplier and I could swap the unit for and FM Aura or a storm, but I'm not sure either (from the reviews) would be significantly different. So I think I'll stick with the iMag and try and get a screen for the top....do you know if there are any off the shelf that will suit or is t just a case of getting a standard pipe screen and cutting/bending till it fits?

Thanks heaps for all the info!!

GEED

Gaseouser
just a case of getting a standard pipe screen and cutting/bending till it fits?
exactly :) remember, vaping will not mimic a smoking experience any close, but once your lungs recover from the tar-abuse (a month or so), you should get closer to experience vaping just as relaxing and satisfying in sessions like joints did it for you before. In fact, me after many years of abstinence finding now very irritating the velvety, disgusting feel of smoke, the remaining bad taste and smell in overall during occasional nightouts while I cannot behave :D

rozroz

i cannot seem to find any place that still sells the Imag plus 2.0 ceramic,
with international shipping..
what happened to Puffitup?

rozroz,

rozroz

- not selling anymore. As far as I know, a new device is in development.

oh.. bummer :(
my mom wanted one, and the sale price was great.
their newer device is too pricey for me.

any similar decent alternative at around 75$ tops?

rozroz,
Reactions: PPN

GEED

Gaseouser
oh.. bummer :(
my mom wanted one, and the sale price was great.
their newer device is too pricey for me.

any similar decent alternative at around 75$ tops?
Or Fenix / EDIT Convector is pretty hot in the other thread - have a look.

GEED,
Reactions: rozroz

rozroz

Or Fenix / EDIT Convector is pretty hot in the other thread - have a look.

that seems like a real pro device!
but i can only afford around 75$ tops (i have shipments to pay for).
the Imag Plus was just perfect for my basic needs.

rozroz,

Kaptan

that seems like a real pro device!
but i can only afford around 75$ tops (i have shipments to pay for).
the Imag Plus was just perfect for my basic needs.
The Convector when in stock was only $48 shipped.

Kaptan,

rozroz

The Convector when in stock was only $48 shipped.

yea just found out about it now :(
contacted EDIT, they said it's a 4 week wait till in stock.
but who knows.. anywhere else now is around 100$.
wish there was a legit buy at ALIBB.

rozroz,

ghost

Honestly? Up your budget and get her something other than these Chinese pen style vapes. None of them (that I've tried) are fit for human consumption in my opinion, unless health is not a concern.

I bought several different ones to try out (imag plus, x-max v2, flowermate v3.0, and herbstick eco) and they ALL visibly off gas mystery vapors (from glues, lubricants, solder, etc.) even after many full temp burn off sessions. Would not recommend.

ghost,
Top Bottom