If the fattest-hitting vape you've used was rated 10/10, how would other vapes you've used rate ?

OO

Technical Skeptical
I'm sorry but besides subjectivity, you haven't even defined the terms of what you're talking about.
I'm looking for meaning in the term "fattest hitting" and I can't thing of what you mean.

If you have a definition that is understood similarly between those on this board, then maybe these numbers will have some amount of value. Until then I don't see any point.

OO,

cellardoor

Until then I don't see any point.

It's kind of fun because we get to see how other people that have our vapes compare them to vapes we don't have but might be interested in, yeah the scale could use some work but it's still a cool thread.

Also I feel like when people use a 1-10 scale for anything it's almost completely arbitrary. It's definitely always subjective but so are most things

cellardoor,

OO

Technical Skeptical
It's kind of fun because we get to see how other people that have our vapes compare them to vapes we don't have but might be interested in, yeah the scale could use some work but it's still a cool thread.

Also I feel like when people use a 1-10 scale for anything it's almost completely arbitrary. It's definitely always subjective but so are most things
But what the fuck are we actually trying to quantify?

OO,

cellardoor

It doesn't really matter, I'm sure different people are quantifying different things but to me this thread is more about seeing how other people feel about a vape in relation to other vapes. In the end this is a comparison thread and since people are going to use the same quantification within their own scale it's irrelevant what other people are using because you're comparing the vapes within one person's post.

I wish I could word that post in a much clearer way but I just can't right now haha :zzz:

cellardoor,

Qbit

cannabanana

Vapour to air ratio, I guess.

Look, I realise that it's difficult to be rigorous about this, but I'm just seeing if we can come up with something useful. I just think that quantifying it even according to subjective terms is likely to be more helpful than not quantifying it at all.

Qbit

cannabanana
Great thread Qbit, but it seems people have misunderstood the point here.

1- You rank your vaporizers giving 10 to your fattest hitting vaporizer

2- Then, you qualify the rest in relation to that 10.

3- You don't qualify your vaporizers in any other criteria other than "big hitting".

Well yeah, that's what the thread's about. But you have a point, and perhaps there could be a new thread where we rate taste, rather than the quantity of the vapour. I guess it might have been better to have included that as a question in this thread too, but if we start now it could get confusing. Maybe I should leave it for a few days though to post a 'rate the taste' thread, as I don't want to be blanketing 'Ask FC' with these discussions.

So anyway, your first list (which is more clearly-defined) will be the one that counts here, rather than the second (which considers more factors and is more subjective).

But aside from just having a interesting conversation here, I'm trying to come up with figures for this [vaporizer comparison table](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Al3wiRc9rCx9dEZVeGhKbUU4U19BRmNOcEV0MHY5VGc&output=html), so people can get a bit of an overview of the quality vape market . And I'll add a new column for taste, once we generate some data in a 'rate the taste' thread.

Sometimes it's difficult to compare specifications and features of very different vapes, but I'm just doing what I can to fill out an admittedly imperfect but hopefully useful chart. And it's all subject to alteration if called for, so I welcome questioning and nitpicking.

Qbit,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Qbit, many people including myself and most of the VaporPedia crew have attempted to distill the specifics of each vaporizer into a nice, easy to read chart and it just doesn't really work.

However, it's always worth another try. If your interested however, I'd see about moving your chart over to vaporpedia so that others can easily contribute to it. It's going to be a lot of work to do by yourself.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Qbit

cellardoor

Is that the same chart from /r/vaporents? It looks similar, I suppose vape comparison charts wouldn't look too different though.

cellardoor,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
It doesn't really matter, I'm sure different people are quantifying different things but to me this thread is more about seeing how other people feel about a vape in relation to other vapes. In the end this is a comparison thread and since people are going to use the same quantification within their own scale it's irrelevant what other people are using because you're comparing the vapes within one person's post.

I wish I could word that post in a much clearer way but I just can't right now haha :zzz:

I can't agree with this, in fact i think that the only point in doing this is if we have a reliable variable to compare. If i don't know what your criteria is, how do i interpret your ranking? :shrug:
Despite the subjectivity due to each other different views on the most important features, it would be much better to assess the differences between vaporizers.

If we compare vapor producton without taking into account the bowl volume, then there is no subjectivity.. just start measuring the volume and what will happen is that the convection models will always come up front, with minor variations due to design.

So, vapor to air ratio could be one variable. In terms of taste i would list two more like i did in my post (taste purity and taste duration), thickness is the same as "vapor to air ratio".

vorrange,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I can't agree with this, in fact i think that the only point in doing this is if we have a reliable variable to compare.

I thought the point of this thread was just to have fun. :shrug: I'm finding it very informative and insightful.

Tweak,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I've only used portable Vape's so here go'es !

VG [classic wood] 10
FV 09
DV 09
Lithe 08
NO2 07
WISPR 06
MFLB 04
Palm 03

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
I thought the point of this thread was just to have fun. :shrug: I'm finding it very informative and insightful.
I agree! this is a fun and recreational topic like many others on the forum!

Wolf46,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

I'm having fun, but there was a second point to the thread which is not being met if we just randomly classify our vapes by our own preferences and criteria.

You can read in the OP, Qbit is making an excel sheet comparing all vaporizers.

vorrange,
Reactions: Roger D

Qbit

cannabanana
Qbit, many people including myself and most of the VaporPedia crew have attempted to distill the specifics of each vaporizer into a nice, easy to read chart and it just doesn't really work.

However, it's always worth another try. If your interested however, I'd see about moving your chart over to vaporpedia so that others can easily contribute to it. It's going to be a lot of work to do by yourself.

Well, I'd be happy move the chart to Vaporpedia so it can be edited by others too, but I'm not sure how to implement this.

Qbit,

Qbit

cannabanana
I'm having fun, but there was a second point to the thread which is not being met if we just randomly classify our vapes by our own preferences and criteria.

You can read in the OP, Qbit is making an excel sheet comparing all vaporizers.

Yeah this is true, but it's very much a work-in-progress, and as I've said everything in the chart is subject to debate and alteration. If it emerges that people find the chart misleading or otherwise unhelpful in any way, specifics can be discussed and necessary changes made.

CountVapeula

10 VHW
9 SSV + miniwand/bong
8 DBV
7 Volcano
6 Solo
5 V-Tower
4 Vapman
3.5 MFLB
3 Iolite
2 Lotus vaporizer
1 Vaporstar

not really sure about the cano. most expensive vape in my collection, but i do not really like the amount of herbs you need to use to get thick hits. small bowls work better for me - like the ssv miniwand or the solos bowl size. vapman is great too for small amounts - but lighter-based. thats why i only gave it a 4 compared to the other vapes. all other portables are gathering dust since i bought my solo. only the vapman is jused from time to time due to it's stealthiness.

CountVapeula,

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
but you vote 6 for the solo, why is your first choice when comes the vape time?!

Wolf46,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
but you vote 6 for the solo, why is your first choice when comes the vape time?!

Because of the question: "if the fattest hitting vape you've used was rated 10..."

Yeah this is true, but it's very much a work-in-progress, and as I've said everything in the chart is subject to debate and alteration. If it emerges that people find the chart misleading or otherwise unhelpful in any way, specifics can be discussed and necessary changes made.

I urge to you clarify what you want, while keeping it subject for debate. The last post reflects exactly what i mean.

vorrange,

Qbit

cannabanana
I urge to you clarify what you want, while keeping it subject for debate. The last post reflects exactly what i mean.

I did clarify it, in a post above. I said this was about vapour-to-air ratio.

Qbit,
Top Bottom