hydrology9 by cloudious9

junny89

I bought it from a member here, so I'm not sure what it comes with. He said it has everything and was only used once to test it. Great deal, too! I'm psyched, it looks fun and might be a great vape to take to the Lockn' festival this summer!

Ahh ok I see. Yes the case is fantastic to carry it around in esp to festivals. Get a acrylic piece too that way you won't be breaking glass! Enjoy!

junny89,
Reactions: ataxian

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks so much for the infos on this. It was an impulse buy for sure, but I have been interested in this one for a while now. I opened FC this morning and this thread was bumped, so I read through it and then remembered that someone I know and trust here had one for sale. Within minutes, you answered my questions and my buddy messaged me and even dropped the price!
I love it when things work out like that!

junny89

Thanks so much for the infos on this. It was an impulse buy for sure, but I have been interested in this one for a while now. I opened FC this morning and this thread was bumped, so I read through it and then remembered that someone I know and trust here had one for sale. Within minutes, you answered my questions and my buddy messaged me and even dropped the price!
I love it when things work out like that!

Sounds like it was meant to be!
You will love it, but plz do watch all videos about it how to dismantle and make it up again as I put the silicone sleeve in wrong and totally messed about 5 sessions up before I tore it down and watched the video ! Haha
Enjoy and please report back once u get it with you're impressions!

clukx

yesss this is what i like to hear ill keep an eye out on the classifieds this seems like it could be what i want..hows batter life and session per load?

clukx,

junny89

yesss this is what i like to hear ill keep an eye out on the classifieds this seems like it could be what i want..hows batter life and session per load?

Battery life is good, lasts me along time, but can take ages to charge but does last longer than my other vapes and 1 load is enough to medicate you.
It's easy to reload and give it a quick clean with a brush. Stirrer is excellent for this as it evenly uses the herbs

Only thing is each sessions lasts 2 minutes long. So I go at the 3rd level first till that runs out then go to one higher to finish the bowl off :)

clukx

I read about 15 sessions per charge, so approx 15x 2 min sessions? My tolerance is outrageous I'd like to be able to do, 3-5 bowls per session or per charge can I get That? Also how gunky do the holes for water filtration get?

clukx,

junny89

I read about 15 sessions per charge, so approx 15x 2 min sessions? My tolerance is outrageous I'd like to be able to do, 3-5 bowls per session or per charge can I get That? Also how gunky do the holes for water filtration get?
That's about right, sometimes I get 16-18 sessions which is excellent.
You can get that easy, with another round like that before it would need charging.
I've gone to 4x2min sessions with a bowl change half way through and like 2 more rounds like this.
A full dismantle clean is needed after every full charge, for me anyway, it's a quick and easy process too.
However after each bowl, I get the brushes, clean the bowl, stirrer and the airflow tube under the screw and that just makes it so much more enjoyable.
Again the accessories included are fantastic and have everything you need to clean and also a flat head screw driver to remove the screw.
Do remember to clean the stirrer holes as they gunk up rapid. Hence the tools inc help. This part is the only pita as there is so many air flow holes at the bottom of the stirrer.

clukx

Alright I'm definitely going to keep this in mind, I was looking at a da buddha or something plug in I could filter through water but to be honest this would look so good next to my puffco peak on my desk and take up much less space

clukx,

junny89

Alright I'm definitely going to keep this in mind, I was looking at a da buddha or something plug in I could filter through water but to be honest this would look so good next to my puffco peak on my desk and take up much less space

It will, It reminds me of a light saber from star wars and I always think I'm a jedi when I'm using it haha!
I'm not sure if Cloudious are still using the promotion on thew website but if they are I suggest taking that deal up asap as its a great deal.
I paid £220 just for the hydrology with zero accessories so that's about $270. Wish that promotion was out when I bought this!
I also was one of the first to get it and my unit is fine. Some early adopters had issues with airflow etc and the pull.
So think they did a slight resdesgin with the newer models to stop air flow becoming a issue.

junny89,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, it arrived yesterday. I have to say that it certainly has a "coolness" factor not seen before! It's fun and should be a big hit at the festival campsites this year :)
I have been using it on RED and get some decent clouds. The chamber is just the right size and the material nicely browned in the end. It seems to extract really well.
Any tips/tricks? I watched a lot of videos and already broke it down once.
Thanks EVlL 55 and everyone here!

EDIT: I charged it overnight and loaded it up again this morning. This time I chose Purple, and yea, purple is probably better than red! Wake and Bake!

Last edited:

junny89

So, it arrived yesterday. I have to say that it certainly has a "coolness" factor not seen before! It's fun and should be a big hit at the festival campsites this year :)
I have been using it on RED and get some decent clouds. The chamber is just the right size and the material nicely browned in the end. It seems to extract really well.
Any tips/tricks? I watched a lot of videos and already broke it down once.
Thanks EVlL 55 and everyone here!

EDIT: I charged it overnight and loaded it up again this morning. This time I chose Purple, and yea, purple is probably better than red! Wake and Bake!

There isnt any tips or tricks to be honest other than what i recommended earlier.
the sessions are 2 mins and thats not enough time, so go for round 2 with the same bowl.
2 back to back sessions will evenly cook the herbs.
Have you checked out the party mode?
cant rememeber how to activate it now, its 3 clicks while its on i think. Pretty cool feature.

Oh also, you dont always have to put water in :)
You can use with out water too.

remember to clean the air flow hole, the chamber, stirrer are the air path under the screw.
Takes seconds to do, once you done it once then its just so much easier next time. Luckily Cloudious have some nice tools included that you need for basically everything.
Cleaning the stirrer and air path will make the vape so much better and free and more tastier!

i use the 3rd colour Orange for first 2 min session then move up to purple to finish off the chamber :)

these are the colour temps :

Blue -200C– 392F

Greenish Yellow – 210C – 410F

Orange – 220C – 428F

Purple – 230C – 446F

Red – 240C – 464F

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's nice to see every vaporizer find its fans, Hydro9 was not my cup of tea but it was performing like expected and manufacturer is very responsive!

Let us to know how it works for you!

PPN,

Niiizy_503

I’ve had my eye one this for awhile... there’s a few sites that include the leather carrying case with it.. I had a 20% coupon which wuda brought it to $200, n I’m really regretting not pulling the trigger after some of the reviews I’ve seen. I find myself using my hand held vape less n less, especially after buying a peak. But next time there’s a good discount on these things I think I’m gonna have to pick one up.

Niiizy_503,

junny89

I’ve had my eye one this for awhile... there’s a few sites that include the leather carrying case with it.. I had a 20% coupon which wuda brought it to $200, n I’m really regretting not pulling the trigger after some of the reviews I’ve seen. I find myself using my hand held vape less n less, especially after buying a peak. But next time there’s a good discount on these things I think I’m gonna have to pick one up.

They still have some deal on at the moment 10% off, not much but still some discount.
Yep cloudious had that deal on spare glass and case which are fantastic but think it's finished now.
Grab one! You won't be disappointed!

junny89,

JTHC

I picked one up on EBay for $170. It’s a really fun piece, awesome for parties and gatherings, but it’s not really suitable as a daily driver. The water gets pretty smelly after even one bowl, so you end up changing water a lot, and the full cleaning routine is not something you want to do daily. Still, if you’ve got a good vape already and have spare cash to wow your friends, the Hydro9 is what you want.

junny89

I picked one up on EBay for $170. It’s a really fun piece, awesome for parties and gatherings, but it’s not really suitable as a daily driver. The water gets pretty smelly after even one bowl, so you end up changing water a lot, and the full cleaning routine is not something you want to do daily. Still, if you’ve got a good vape already and have spare cash to wow your friends, the Hydro9 is what you want.

With any water device, fresh water is a must! That's not the cloudious 9 limitation but more down to user. I replace the water everytime. (After every session)
Cleaning- I get ya. But deep cleaning isn't necessary all the time but around once a week. But then again all vaporizers need cleaning!
I use it as my daily driver and it works fine as the water removes most of the harshness.
Yup sure is a party piece

junny89,

Niiizy_503

After using nothing but my Peak for awhile, I wanted to get something new n for flowers. Saw something about today being the last day of the 4/20 deal bundle which comes with the leather case, extra tube, n tool kit for $199, so I went ahead n got it. Semi recently bought my first handheld vape, which was the Airvape X. It’s a nice lil vape, but I wanted somethin a little ore powerful with a better battery life. I think the Hydro9 for herbs n the puffco peak for concentrates will do nicely. If it works like I hope.. maaaaaybe I won’t have to rush on the Switch pre-order n wait til more in hand reviews can be shown. I’m pretty new here on FC, n have really enjoyed reading up on all the different vaping toys & products, n the reviews from so many experienced vapers.

I've only used mine a few times. Right now, I put my other vapes in rotation ahead of it - Mighty, Crafty, Ghost MV1, Omnivap XL Ti. The draw compared to others is weak in my opinion.

metalmancpa,

junny89

After using nothing but my Peak for awhile, I wanted to get something new n for flowers. Saw something about today being the last day of the 4/20 deal bundle which comes with the leather case, extra tube, n tool kit for $199, so I went ahead n got it. Semi recently bought my first handheld vape, which was the Airvape X. It’s a nice lil vape, but I wanted somethin a little ore powerful with a better battery life. I think the Hydro9 for herbs n the puffco peak for concentrates will do nicely. If it works like I hope.. maaaaaybe I won’t have to rush on the Switch pre-order n wait til more in hand reviews can be shown. I’m pretty new here on FC, n have really enjoyed reading up on all the different vaping toys & products, n the reviews from so many experienced vapers.

the swtich by dr dabber? sneaky pete has just done a mini review and it is a huge device, like huuuge and on the dry herb it isnt convincing, here is the vid :

have you tried the hydrology yet? what do you think?
the puffco peak would go very well with the hydrology 9, wish the pufco peak could be used with dry herbs too!

I've only used mine a few times. Right now, I put my other vapes in rotation ahead of it - Mighty, Crafty, Ghost MV1, Omnivap XL Ti. The draw compared to others is weak in my opinion.

that is true but that is because it has water cooling already so you would need to hit it more to get lit. thats what i noticed.
Like you i have the ghost mv1 and because the heating chamber is so close to the mouth piece, so less travel, where as with the hydrology its pretty far away plus the water will have a effect. But i do see what you mean, maybe more fun with other people.

What water attachemnt do you use with the Magic FLight?

Last edited:
junny89,

medicalmark

Medicalmark
the cloudious9 is a great vape in my opinion has decent taste ease of use and nice looking and water filtration makes it a smooth experience.
each time I use this vape I get very medicated so it works and keeps on working. needed some seals and they sent me a whole new unit so customer service to me was top notch.
I have no complaints I like the bong style draw and it produces nice vapor.
not bad for a conduction vape.
I would recommend this vape to others with no hesitation, butt the price is high that's a minus considering its just a herb vape, but does a good job

cheers. medicalmark

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Anyone have a minivap and hydrology 9 wondering if vapor is similiar thanks
No they are not. Hydro 9 has the boring conduction tech of 50$ pens just with some shiny lights attached. Minivap is of way higher end and uses better materials and technology,but IMO is a bit bulky for a portable,which is not that much of a problem if you use mainly at home,not pocketable for sure.

ArseNick

I always wanted a hydrology 9 but always thought it would be riddled with issues. I just thought it was too techy too expensive and I didn’t know much about cloudious, now that I know more about the company, and hearing what he has to say in the thread, I’m sold. I was just about to post on reddit how I never saw the hydrology 9 on there, and as fate would have it, I stumbled across the new unit. I thought the tafee bowle I just bought would take care of my VAS for a while, guess not. Idk how I’m gonna justify this one lol

ArseNick,

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
I have the NX on the way, if you want some feedback I should have it in a few days. I was hesitant because of the flaws in the original one too, but I have no control over my impulses lol.

Top Bottom