hydrology9 by cloudious9

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The last version of the Hydro came a few days ago.... not ready for a review but I can see large improvements in airflow, clouds production and taste.

I was surprised cause my wife immediatly seen the unique feature of this vape: the self contained bubbler, and she doesn't vape or smoke at all. It would be a nice vape in a coffee-shop, everybody will get his Hydro9 vapor shot around a table... what 's a nice "apéritif"!

Adobewan

The last version of the Hydro came a few days ago.... not ready for a review but I can see large improvements in airflow, clouds production and taste.

I was surprised cause my wife immediatly seen the unique feature of this vape: the self contained bubbler, and she doesn't vape or smoke at all. It would be a nice vape in a coffee-shop, everybody will get his Hydro9 vapor shot around a table... what 's a nice "apéritif"!
@PPN
Have you had a chance to try the new Hydro?
I'm interested in what the latest iteration features.

Adobewan,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @Adobewan , yes I was able to test it for 4 sessions and airflow was greatly improved.Cloud&taste wise that's pretty decent quality.
Percolation is better but still not fires all the holes, bubbles comes out from only 2 or 3 holes although that's enough for a large airflow (but not totally free at all). Still got some small leaks from the top while loading the unit (upside down) and got, only one time, some drops of water around the bowl, although it didn't seems to reached the bowl itself (which was one of my bigger complains about the 2 first versions) .

If I remenber well you got one, isn't it? basically the unit is exactly the same with a vastly improved airflow (which was pretty restricted before), a slightly better percolation and a slightly better "leaksproof" design. And they added another tool for cleaning and better cleaning explanations.

Are you expecting to get one soon?

Adobewan

Hi @Adobewan , yes I was able to test it for 4 sessions and airflow was greatly improved.Cloud&taste wise that's pretty decent quality.
Percolation is better but still not fires all the holes, bubbles comes out from only 2 or 3 holes although that's enough for a large airflow (but not totally free at all). Still got some small leaks from the top while loading the unit (upside down) and got, only one time, some drops of water around the bowl, although it didn't seems to reached the bowl itself (which was one of my bigger complains about the 2 first versions) .

If I remenber well you got one, isn't it? basically the unit is exactly the same with a vastly improved airflow (which was pretty restricted before), a slightly better percolation and a slightly better "leaksproof" design. And they added another tool for cleaning and better cleaning explanations.

Are you expecting to get one soon?
Hey PPN,
I've got the V2, a version a step or two before your latest(I believe). I still introduce it to friends and patients with enthusiasm, who react well to the idea, and the bells and whistles, but the draw resistance usually causes them to move on.
Glad the manufacturer is evolving the piece, I think it has great potential, love the thought and design behind it.

Justpassedu

I just got the latest version a few days ago , looking forward to testing it out as the previous definitely suffered from airflow issues. While i probably wont keep this vape long term , i have to say it does look cool while your using it and even while it is just sitting at my table.

Stormsend

PF9ZN
Couldn't wait....so I gave the Hydrology 9 a try. To date the vapes I owned were a Solo 1, Volcano classic, pax 1, pax 2, volcano digital, Cloud Evo, Herbalizer, Mighty, Solo 2, and Hydrology 9. So here are my impressions....

Opening up the box and seeing it, even though it is a "portable" it isn't really. I heard the same thing when it comes to the Mighty, but I was able to throw the Mighty in my back pack and use it around midtown Manhattan never drawing attention to myself. This vape would get plenty of looks. Moreso because of the build quality than the size, but when you combine them both it is an eye opener. Even though it is not as big as I thought it would be. It's beautiful. It is the prettiest vape I've owned haha. The closest thing I can relate to this is when I saw the Pax 1 the first time and the Herbalizer. But this blows them both away. It is REALLY nice.

The first time I used it, I put it on the orange color. Which is heat setting 3/5, After about 10 hits and turning the stir stick (knob?), it turned off. I think it has an auto shut off of 2 minutes. Anyway after clearing the oven, the material looked a dark brown. I think it could be finished on the 4th level, the 5th might be a little too much. For comparison, if you used a mighty, pax, etc. The bud looked like it was on pax level 4 or 410 degrees on the mighty after a couple of hits. For comparison, I loaded new bud and set it on heat level blue or 1/5, and was able to produce some nice tasty clouds, and after about 7,8 hits; I took a look at the material and it was as if I used it on the Mighty at 360 degrees, or the pax at heat setting 2.

The draw resistance I think is very good. It's similar to the Mighty with ease, and much better than any of the other portables I tried.

The vapor quality is extremely good too, you can absolutely taste the flavors. Also I had no issue with any water leaking, I made sure to screw everything tight.

The magnetic mouthpiece is awesome.

One of the air openings are close to wear you would grip it to hold, and you may end up covering it which is annoying. Also both times I filled the oven half way. Also, I personally would only use this on the fourth setting max. I just took about 8 hits on that level and looked at the material and it was all dark brown, even using the stirring tool. I think at level 5 it would be too high

Would you like this vape?
Not sure who this is for to be honest. If you want a bong type vape why not get a cloud evo? The Hydrology 9 isn't really portable. Also if you want something for stealth, this is too big. Personally this works for me, sometimes with kids in the house, I can't hook up my Evo. But I can easily take this outside and use.

Is it worth it?
IT is absolutely worth the $250 according to me, I'm happy with my purchase.

qRIHavb.jpg

Just FYI, I don't have my scale handy right now, but I just used this bud in the hydro 9 oven. This is unpressed, just thrown in. If your familar with an arizer glass stem, it fills it up about half way, which is a small amount of bud. I was able to get about 17-20 hits out of this, most of them were good and cloudy.

Feel free to ask me any questions!

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I also got around to giving the updated Hydrology 9 a good test the other night. It happens to be very simple to use , seems like it is all made with quality materials and it has a quick heat up time that i always find is a plus with a portable. The only problem is , the vape is not so portable but portable in the sense it is not tethered to a plug. So i packed a oven full of some really tasty Bluedream X Pineapple i had got , started my session at the 3rd temp setting and worked my way up to the highest eventually. A session is around 2 minutes until auto shutoff but the unit can be turned back on for more and that is just what i did. 1st time around lower temps provided great flavor and dense clouds , once i hit auto shutoff i turned it back on , gave it a stir from the bottom using the built in stir tool and had another session at the highest temp trying to finish everything off. I did pack the chamber somewhat full but not tight. Turning it back on for more obviously some of the flavor was gone but it happened to stay very smooth since it was being filtered by the water. Auto shutoff again and the clouds kept going , i probably could have turned it on again for more but the load was a nice even brown when i had taken it out with no spots of green left. I'll save that Avb for some edibles like i usually do. All in all it worked out well , some things i did not like , even though airflow was improved on this new model it was not free flowing like i like. Only 3-4 of the percs fire up like some have also stated but that was enough to provide airflow for the session without it felling like a i am trying to suck on a super thick milkshake using a tiny straw. I still think airflow can be improved and i did not try turning the airflow screw at the bottom of the vape out yet so that may help. It is easy to clean , all comes apart and seemed to seal back together perfectly , i did not notice any leaking issues at all. It's a nice niche vape , looks cool and i think many may enjoy using it . If your into getting a quick fix , this most likely wont be for you . it seems to be one of those vapes that you just sit back and relax with when you have some time and it definitely will get the job done and have you feeling nice.

RichardC9

Unapproved commercial account.
Hi Guys! This is Richard from Cloudious9, I am the creator of Cloudious9. I have been watching the development of this thread for a long time, but didn't want to butt in and seem like I am self promoting the product. Also I didn't want to seem like I am effecting any of the review on this forum. Now that Cloudious9 has launched and seems like the reviews are in - I feel like I can come in now without being out of place, hope this is all good with you guys.

I really want thank everyone on this thread, we look at all of your feedback and take it all very seriously, as we know this is where all the most experienced vapor users are at. The feedback we got specifically from this forum helped us with improving the H9 and get it ready for launch and we delayed our launch specifically because of the comments from this forum. So it's truthful to say that this forum helped H9 became a better product and for that I am very grateful.

If there is anything I can do for this forum please let me know. If there is any question I can answer I would be more than happy to.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Happy to see you here Richard!

The Hydro9 is definitly a niche vape, it does the job well. I agree with @Stormsend this vape will vape your load faster than most although, since the stir knob, you can load loosely. Stirring will help to move herbs to put them in contact with the heated walls of the bowl (remenber that's a true conduction vape). So you haven't to pack the bowl and can vape smaller amount efficiently!

I noticed the bowl get quickly a fouled smell while cold, maybe due to the close presence of water in the vaporpath...?

The cleaning procedure was updated and improved, that's nice cause this vape will require much more maintenance than most (but it seems rather normal since you have to clean a vape+ a bubbler!).

The other vape with built in bubbler I already tested is the Adventurer and I can say the Hydro9 bubbler works better!

Ncoppleman123

Hey guys, just received my hydrology 9 and the draw on it seems impossibly tight! Airflow vents wont adjust either? Anyone help me out with this? I've emailed cloudious and havent got a reply??

Ncoppleman123,

Justpassedu

Yo
Hey guys, just received my hydrology 9 and the draw on it seems impossibly tight! Airflow vents wont adjust either? Anyone help me out with this? I've emailed cloudious and havent got a reply??
You can try taking the air hole adjustment screws out completely , other than that there is not much you can really do except do not pack it tight .

Stormsend

I think this is about a gen or 2 away from being a good vape. Somethings I would change are fully controllable temps, option to turn lights off, and better oven. Whatever material they used for the oven gets stained quickly and is difficult to clean. Also work on the air intake. I was hoping for it to be like a portable Vapexhale.

Stormsend,
Reactions: Jill NYC

sunpist

I've been holding off commenting to see how others received this vape. As stated above, I hope the next version to be much improved (and I really hope those who purchased V1 from the start get a special discount on V2, lol). I was happy with the price point when I made my purchase, a birthday present for myself, and I even got to use the Free Case coupon for a nice leather carrying case. I am, however, disappointed with several features, especially after such a long wait for the release.

1. Draw resistance. I only get air bubbles out of one or 2 holes on the perforated ring, the ones right over the air vent, and overall it is just difficult to pull, even with tweaking things like water level.
2. The inability to fill the chamber while leaving the vape right-side-up. The piece is supposed to be leak-resistant, but there is no way to fill the chamber without turning it upside-down, which causes the unit to leak, either from the threads or into the mouthpiece (yuck). So, I have to empty the water between filling the chamber. That means getting as much water out as possible, setting it on a towel or something similar to absorb excess water still in the piece, and then drying all the threads after refilling it and before putting it back together.
3. The stir stick. It just doesn't do the trick. If I were able to turn the unit completely upside-down, I might be able to maneuver the stick to stir better, but I find myself unscrewing the base and mixing up the material myself to get the last few hits. Maybe it would work better if it stirred from the side, rather than the bottom.
4. The screen/metal piece at the bottom of the stir stick makes it the most maintenance-heavy piece I own. There is just no easy way to clean it or keep it clean. If the airflow direction was up, rather than down, maybe this wouldn't be such an issue, but I believe this has a lot to do with the draw resistance issue.

Overall, it's a beautiful looking piece, and it is definitely a "gotta try it" item, but I think it would be so much better if it gave the user the ability to unscrew the base and load the material from the top while leaving all the pieces right-side-up. Maybe eventually there could even be improvement mods for people who own the original and want to try the new features of the next version without buying a whole new unit.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @sunpist I agree with most comment you do but there is a new version (n°4 for me) with a better airflow I received a few days ago (don't know which version is your unit but 1&2 got a very tight airflow, 3 was slightly better but 4 is very much better!

On the 4 units i got 2 was leaking from the top (n°1 and n°4) and 2 was leaking from the bottom directly on the bowl (1&2).

I agree this is a high maintenance unit even only to keep it usable and a lot more maintenance if you are OCD.

Yes , the stir stick is not usefull at all especially as a full conduction unit.

It's not the vape I will use daily or even weekly but it appears to get some love in a party and newbies enjoy it a lot. It's not an efficient vape and it cash the load pretty fast but, in this context, that's a nice vape and maybe it will convert some guys to vaping (until I tell them how much it cost... a bit too much imho for this sort of technology).

Can I hope the Cloudious team will work on another vape... I like how they are listening us, support critics and the high quality of the body is a probe they are trying to make a quality product... I hope they will go back with something new, more simple (no built in water tool) but well manufactured (like the Hydro9) and with a high quality heater (unlike the Hydro9), the heart of any vape!

Good luck for the Hydro9 and your next vapes @RichardC9 , and continue, please, to listen this community opinions, not garant of sucess but at least garant of quality!

PPN,

sunpist

@PPN I ordered my unit from the public release on May 15th of this year. I have experienced some water leaking down into the chamber after cleaning but assumed it was my own fault somehow. ;) I am very OCD, so yes, that totally contributes to the maintenance factor. I would be very interested to know if the company has already made improvements to the version released to the public in May! =)

sunpist,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Try to contact @RichardC9 by pm and don't hesitate to reach me if no reply, I'mnot affiliated with them but get some contact with Richards, your version might be the 3 but maybe you can try to get your upgraded to version 4... only change is a better airflow but it there an effect on the load, more air keep the things slightly tastier.

Ncoppleman123

Yo

You can try taking the air hole adjustment screws out completely , other than that there is not much you can really do except do not pack it tight .

Hey guys thanks for that, i literally only got mine probably 4- 5 days ago, also i live in Tasmania so the price i paid is probably alot dearer than most, i read reviews and what not, for the price im noy very happy with it at all, cloudious are terrible with replies and support! Several emails sent and its.like they just ignore your issues, postage took 15 days, i paid extra for express post, emailed cloudious about the slow delivery and still nothing, so my overall experience is absolutely shocking, anyone else had these issues? Any help would be muchly appreciated! Cheers guys and girls

Yo

Thanks for the reply, ive tried to unscrew the airflow adjustment piece but it seems to be extremely bloody tight! Im scared if i torque it anymore it'll snap the unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ncoppleman123,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think you get the 2nd version cause 3&4 didn't get anymore the adjustable airflow which was never working for me on the 2 first versions.

The support doesn't seems to be good at all, I'll send you by pm the mail of Richard, check your box.

I understand your frustration, the unit is slightly ovrpriced imo.

Ncoppleman123

I think you get the 2nd version cause 3&4 didn't get anymore the adjustable airflow which was never working for me on the 2 first versions.

The support doesn't seems to be good at all, I'll send you by pm the mail of Richard, check your box.

I understand your frustration, the unit is slightly ovrpriced imo.

Thanks for the email address, ive had the worst vaping experience of my life, the price was unreal really, i paid close enough to 400 aud for it and its nothing but a portable lava lamp.. ohhh the joys!

Ncoppleman123,

Ron G

anyone else's oven chipping or cracking
the bottom of my oven has a big hole in it

Ron G,
I've had my unit since they released it. The glass tube broke over a month ago, my fault. However, the company is out of glass cylinder for sale and after sending two emails to find out when they will get some in, I have had no reply.

Seems like they can build and OK vape, but have not figured out how to support their product.

How hard is it to reply to one of the emails I've sent your company?

Yellow Dog,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom