Hot Water Hits - Try this and report back your findings.......

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Add in the cardio running back & forth to sink and this sounds like a marathon in making to me :)

Looking forward to trying this out!

lwien

quomist said:
I was playing around with this more last night, and ended up with some some surprising cardio results from running to the faucet in between each bowl.
lol.
For me, with really, really good bud and a fairly low tolerance level, one hit had me nailed to the wall for about an hour and half using this method, so reloading with hot water wasn't an issue, but yeah, you don't want the water to cool down to warm so with bud of less quality and/or combined with a higher tolerance level, you may be making that trip a bit more often, and being that your blood pressure can take a nose dive when first coming on to THC, you may want to get up a bit more slowly than you normally would. ;)

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I am so amazed by how smooth the hit is.... sure still makes me cough when its a really large hit... But so smooth. Still messing around with it today.... I love learning new tricks.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
I am so amazed by how smooth the hit is.... sure still makes me cough when its a really large hit... But so smooth. Still messing around with it today.... I love learning new tricks.
I know, huh. Makes using ice or ice water seem counter-productive.

I know that I was pretty hard on Nicole in that Vaporicer thread, but for me at least, this discovery has put a nail in that coffin.

Regarding coughing, yeah, I can see how that can be an issue being that the smoothness of the hit gives you the impression that you can take in more than you can process, but I still think that the heat allows your lungs to process more THC per hit based upon the less voluminous vapor clouds on exhale while at the same time getting higher, and getting higher quicker.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
maybe its the humid air opening up and dislodging gunk so more of your lungs are exposed to process the THC... just a guess.

DevoTheStrange,

steiner666

Serial vapist
lwien said:
DevoTheStrange said:
I know, huh. Makes using ice or ice water seem counter-productive.

I know that I was pretty hard on Nicole in that Vaporicer thread, but for me at least, this discovery has put a nail in that coffin.

Regarding coughing, yeah, I can see how that can be an issue being that the smoothness of the hit gives you the impression that you can take in more than you can process, but I still think that the heat allows your lungs to process more THC per hit based upon the less voluminous vapor clouds on exhale while at the same time getting higher, and getting higher quicker.
Man, i'd love for some dude in a lab coat to come by and be like, "Yes, precisely! The technical term for this phenomenon is 'blahblahblosis', more commonly known as 'blah'. You can read more about it here: http://www.somereputablesite.com/blahblahblosis.html\". Except with less blah and more facts.

It does seem like it maybe loosens thing up a bit, like if you're feeling congested especially. Also makes my face feel warm and numb at the same time when i do this :D.

steiner666,

CapnVape

I don't perceive any increased effects from using hot water myself. I do, however, find that the hot water increases the quality and intensity of the flavor of my hit. Also, the hits are super moist and go down incredibly smooth.
:peace:

CapnVape,

lwien

CapnVape said:
I don't perceive any increased effects from using hot water myself. I do, however, find that the hot water increases the quality and intensity of the flavor of my hit. Also, the hits are super moist and go down incredibly smooth.
:peace:
Yeah, were all built a bit differently, so I would imagine that we're all going to get effects that are a bit different, but it's still nice to hear that you are noticing some positive benefits from vaping this way. Super moist, incredibly smooth and increases of the quality and intensity of flavor is really nice things to have if all it takes is a bit of hot water, eh?

I heard about this a long time ago, but for some odd reason, I just never wanted to try it out. Glad you guys are likin' it. It's just nice to give a little something back to a community that first turned me on to vaping of which I am forever grateful.

lwien,

caseball2051

when i was younger I used to get this horrible cough that was call "croop" cough. And we used to sit in the bathroom and would let the shower run on super hot creating alot of steam. This eased my cough. This may have something to do with this.

Im going to try both methods this weekend and ill report back.

Im a virgin to vape bonging so I think i may be able to give a more unbiased review, maybe? idk. :lol:

caseball2051,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Hey lwien, you going to love this.... I showed it to my boss... now I see him at the sink all the time waiting for the water to get hot.

DevoTheStrange,
Reactions: KidFated.

lwien

lol.

Yeah, I really don't understand why this hasn't caught on and yet, ice has. Anytime that I have used ice or really cold water, my chest would hurt a little bit after taking a big hit. This, however, totally smooths things out. I see no advantages of using ice now, and in fact, now has become totally counter-productive.

Now where in the hell did I put that portable hot plate. :/

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
lol.

Yeah, I really don't understand why this hasn't caught on and yet, ice has. Anytime that I have used ice or really cold water, my chest would hurt a little bit after taking a big hit. This, however, totally smooths things out. I see no advantages of using ice now, and in fact, now has become totally counter-productive.

Now where in the hell did I put that portable hot plate. :/
Yeah that was my complaint... with ice or cold water.. the hit was smooth, but always left me feeling like I needed to catch my breath. With hot water... Not at all.

I was thinking... wouldnt it be nice to have a bong with a glass enclosed heating element in the bottom with the sole purpose of keeping the water warm (not boiling) just warm so it keeps the humidity factor up.

DevoTheStrange,

caseball2051

If I had an off campus apartment my cherry would have been busted a while ago, but i dont vape in my dorm. :/

caseball2051,

StickyShisha2

Back in the 80's, when everyone used acrylic bongs, I had one that was 5 chambers, side by side.
We would put hot water or tea in the first 2. Warm in the next 2. And ice water in the last.

StickyShisha2,

steiner666

Serial vapist
StickyShisha said:
Back in the 80's, when everyone used acrylic bongs, I had one that was 5 chambers, side by side.
We would put hot water or tea in the first 2. Warm in the next 2. And ice water in the last.
this sounds like either one of the most genius or the most counter-productive ideas in bong smoking history. :lol:

This whole thread has got me thinking tho recently, about whether or not temperature and humidity and all that can help our lungs be more effective at absorbing chemicals from the vapor. I've heard (from pretty god damn stupid and unreliable sources, i'll admit) that the menthol in menthol cigarettes somehow facilitates the absorption of nicotine and such in the lungs. Whether this is true or not, or whether the menthol would work by interacting biologically with the lungs in some way or by simply making the drags feel smoother and more tolerable and therefore easier to take in larger sizes and number, i can't say.

Anyways my mind jumped from there to Vick's Vapor rub, which also has menthol (and eucalyptus oil) in it. Maybe we should rub on some vapor rub before vaporizing, :lol: doubt it. But wouldnt it be cool if there was something simple and cheap that we could change or add to our vaping process that would help our lungs absorb more out of each hit. no question mark there because theres no question, that would be cool.

I really can't decide which i like better, steamy hot or frosty cold. I've been going back and forth trying to decide - and not too fast that i stress my glass lol, my one friend cracked my last bong when he rinsed it out with hot water and immediately switch to ice cold, the idiot.

I think that, since i'm normally a hot-blooded person (stfu and get out of my head Foreigner!) who thinks its too hot when the g/f and others think its too cold, I have a tendency to like cool sensations more than warm maybe. I like how a breath of cool winter air feels on the lungs (not like, sub-zero or anything), but most ppl that i know dont really. I think i'll just vape on it...

steiner666,

lwien

steiner666 said:
But wouldnt it be cool if there was something simple and cheap that we could change or add to our vaping process that would help our lungs absorb more out of each hit.
I do believe that is exactly what happens with warm moist air. Will do a bit more research on this, but from my experience with this, as per this thread, this is exactly what is happening.

lwien,

caseball2051

Physically, it makes some sense, I think.

Warm air is less dense than cold air. So you probably should be able to take in more warm air than cool air, no?

caseball2051,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
caseball2051 said:

Warm air is less dense than cold air. So you probably should be able to take in more warm air than cool air, no?
Holy fuck is that funny, you must have been more stoned than I am.

DeepFried,

caseball2051

DeepFried said:
caseball2051 said:

Holy fuck is that funny, you must have been more stoned than I am.
review your high school science.

caseball2051,
Top Bottom