• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hot Water Hits - Try this and report back your findings.......

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think in terms of herb and price... you will find your paying for the high more so than the product.
if you have good product and some not so good product, I bet you find a tiny amount of the good will get you where you need to go, but when you try the lesser product you realize you gotta consume a bit more. If you look at each amount consumed, you might find that if you were only going to price that specific quantity for each batch, they might come close in price.

Each time you get something of a specific strength, that is stronger than what you are used to... you use less of it... until you get used to it. Then you try something even stronger, you will find you use even less of that.

I hope that made sense the way I worded it... lots of edits, originally was twice as big and confusing.

DevoTheStrange,

adhd_stoner_eyeiz

wow this hot water bong method is almost as smooth as air it's self. it's like breathing in a sauna that's ALMOST warm enough. it's... it's... ..... it's undefinably delicious! some of my friends who don't get that high they're looking for with vaping will surely love this, because BAMB!!! like a heavy shot from the spice weasel, this shit kicks it up a notch!!!

GREAT IDEA!!!!

adhd_stoner_eyeiz,

tokenitup

lwien if by concentrate you mean bubble...I would say that (in my case - every day all day user, high quality stuff) I could smoke-combust-bubble for maybe 2 days and stay happy. After that I'd want the green again.

I could probably last on maybe 2 grams of bubble for 2 days? that's about $80 bucks where I'm at if I'm not making it. If I'm rippin the green-combusting or vaping-I can't burn through more than 3-4gs in a couple days. My opinion on hash vs green.

Can't speak on honey oil, but even then you need some sort of cool device, or a Hakko, or some green to burn it on.

Edit:
The reason I could only smoke it for 2 days straight is because sometimes I actually enjoy grinding up the herb, smelling it, salivating over it, thinking about smoking or vaping it, then actually doing it. Plus hash gets you STOOPID, and no one wants to live like that.

Edit #2:
If you are going for ultimate health / cleanliness, there is not a cleaner method than bubble hash. Cold water is used to gently knock the Trichomes off of fresh trimmings, then bubble bags are used to filter the bad stuff out, and leave you with light brown hash. Good herb contains anywhere from 15%(normal mass produced high end)-25% (cannibus cup weed) THC content. The rest is stuff we don't necessarily need, but some of it has good feelings attached. (http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj029.htm)

Well made bubble hash contains anywhere from 40%-60% THC. This is one of the cleanest products you can use to get the desired effect, if the desired effect is getting STOOPID.

I'll stop babbling now, sorry if I went on too far.

tokenitup,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
With warmer water - yes , pretty smooth , but I find it works better in a full size bong rather than a smaller bubbler . very nice for running that vapo honey mix through :2c:

Samsquanch,

luchiano

tokenitup said:
lwien if by concentrate you mean bubble...I would say that (in my case - every day all day user, high quality stuff) I could smoke-combust-bubble for maybe 2 days and stay happy. After that I'd want the green again.

I could probably last on maybe 2 grams of bubble for 2 days? that's about $80 bucks where I'm at if I'm not making it. If I'm rippin the green-combusting or vaping-I can't burn through more than 3-4gs in a couple days. My opinion on hash vs green.

Can't speak on honey oil, but even then you need some sort of cool device, or a Hakko, or some green to burn it on.

Edit:
The reason I could only smoke it for 2 days straight is because sometimes I actually enjoy grinding up the herb, smelling it, salivating over it, thinking about smoking or vaping it, then actually doing it. Plus hash gets you STOOPID, and no one wants to live like that.

Edit #2:
If you are going for ultimate health / cleanliness, there is not a cleaner method than bubble hash. Cold water is used to gently knock the Trichomes off of fresh trimmings, then bubble bags are used to filter the bad stuff out, and leave you with light brown hash. Good herb contains anywhere from 15%(normal mass produced high end)-25% (cannibus cup weed) THC content. The rest is stuff we don't necessarily need, but some of it has good feelings attached. (http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj029.htm)

Well made bubble hash contains anywhere from 40%-60% THC. This is one of the cleanest products you can use to get the desired effect, if the desired effect is getting STOOPID.

I'll stop babbling now, sorry if I went on too far.
I don't understand why you would go through hash that fast if it is potent bubblehash because all it is are the trichomes from the plant in concentration. The only way I can see you going through it fast is by not breaking it up real good which means consuming more than needed and a good amount of the hash drips through the screen and not being vaped or burned due to the holes being too big on the screen. Also, when you exhale you are letting a lot out. For smoking bud that is good but not for bubblehash because it contains less plant matter if getting high is the main reason, which it most likely is, health wise I don't know if smoking it is the best which brings me to another point.

I hear people say bubblehash/water hash is better to smoke, for health reasons, than bud because it doesn't contain plant matter which is good if you take it in small amounts per day(.25 grams) and don't put the flame to it just let it heat up with a torch flame like a cigar lighter,but I think because it is so high in oils, when you burn it with smoking you are bringing more carcinogens into your body than bud because the hash contains way more volatile oils that burn easily than bud does and over time this isn't good for your body because the concentration of the burn oils will accumulate in your fat cells and may cause problems down the line. Not to mention most people dry their hash until it's very dry and hash contains a lot of hygroscopic chemicals that will absorb moisture from the environment due to them not being moisturized before being consumed and over time this will effect lung efficiency by taking some moisture away from the lungs(this is why hash causes a strong lung burn)which is also not good for health.

BTW, just because you might not see brown color in your bowl from the hash doesn't mean you vaped all of your hash because thc and beta-caryophyllene are colorless and unless you vape at temperatures higher than 392f and up to 450f there will still be a lot of thc and beta-carophyllene left in your hash. THC is tastless and starts vaping efficiently until around 392f-396f while beta-carophyllene doesn't start vaping efficiently until around 420f-450f but it has a spicy taste so you can tell it is being vaporized.

Here's soem ideas to make more use of your hash. Dry it out until it is bone dry then break it up as much as possible using a grinder. Putting it into the freezer to make it hard will help with the grinding or get a good food dehydrator.

Once ground up finely put some boveda packs into the container you will be holding the trichomes and this will add moisture to prevent lung burn as well as let you taste the hash/herb more.

Get some fine screens and then vape away at low temperatures to get all the flavor first and prevent smoke/burning of the volatile oils then raise the temperature in increments until you reach 450f. Becareful because some vaporizes aren't good at holding temperatures and you might burn you herb/hash and stink up your vaporizer but you will get a method that works for you but you get the idea. Start low then go high.

Boveda packs:
http://www.bovedadirect.com/

Fine titanium screens:
http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/titanium-screen-3-4-inch-60-wire.html

Fine stainless steel screens:
http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/10-stainless-steel-screens-5-8-inch.html

luchiano,

tokenitup

I love this site! Just when I was thinking I knew some shit luchiano came and showed me what's up. I appreciate the time and links!

I've been using my hakko and have been combusting the bubble through a bong. Haven't tried vaping it but I'm going to now. Should I do a bowl of green and bubble or just the bubble on it's own, finely ground?

Thanks Again for your knowledge!

tokenitup,

luchiano

tokenitup said:
I love this site! Just when I was thinking I knew some shit luchiano came and showed me what's up. I appreciate the time and links!

I've been using my hakko and have been combusting the bubble through a bong. Haven't tried vaping it but I'm going to now. Should I do a bowl of green and bubble or just the bubble on it's own, finely ground?

Thanks Again for your knowledge!
No problem.

If you don't have have a fine screen put the bubble on some ground up herb but make sure you grind the bubble up also. The freezer trick should help. Also, just put a little bubble on the herb and spread it out because when it heats up it will expand some and you want air to go through and around it as much as possible.

Remember to start low then go high but since this is your first time you can start high to just compare the vaping to smoking but remember to go until around 440f to 450f if you have a volcano or aromed. Basically a vaporizer that can control the temperature well.

BTW, when I state start high I mean start at around 390f then go up. If you start at 450f you will smoke up your vaporizer bad.

luchiano,

tokenitup

I've got a vapor bros with the analog turn dial. 10 o clock produces good low temp bluish vapor with green (stonemonkey's blowing in front of the light trick helps see the color), and after that stops producing I turn it up to Around 12 o clock to finish it off. I never turn it much higher as the taste is bad, my vaped bud comes out light to dark brownish.

I don't have a way of know what temps those are, but when I tried to burn the hash at 10 o clock I got nothin. I did just make it with the bubble bags method like 2 days ago so maybe it's still a little wet but I've been lettin it sit out on cardboard since I got it.

Thoughts on where I should set the VB at?

tokenitup,

luchiano

tokenitup said:
I've got a vapor bros with the analog turn dial. 10 o clock produces good low temp bluish vapor with green (stonemonkey's blowing in front of the light trick helps see the color), and after that stops producing I turn it up to Around 12 o clock to finish it off. I never turn it much higher as the taste is bad, my vaped bud comes out light to dark brownish.

I don't have a way of know what temps those are, but when I tried to burn the hash at 10 o clock I got nothin. I did just make it with the bubble bags method like 2 days ago so maybe it's still a little wet but I've been lettin it sit out on cardboard since I got it.

Thoughts on where I should set the VB at?
That is a good start but the only reason that I can think of as to why you didn't get vapor was because you either didn't break up the bubble real good and spread it out or the hash melted down being that you are using a vapor bros. and the bowl isn't straight up but sort of parallel.

Now that I know you are using a vapor bros. you can do two things, hold the vaporizer up so that the bowl is straight up so the hash will stay in place or you can break up the bubble with some herb and the bubble will be mixed in with the herb and you vape it like that but make sure that you only use VERY LITTLE compared to the bud. A pinky nail size(the white part) from a manicured finger mixed in with bud the size of the whole pinky nail is a good ratio.

Vape it low and then once the vape is real low regrind the bowl again and it should be real fine this time being that most of the water is out and vape at a higher temp. Try to put a small amount of rough ground up herb on the bottom of the screen to prevent the fine herb from clogging the screen.

Since the taste is a problem at higher temps just use your bong and put some brewed tea(cooled off) or whatever you like in your bong and this should help keep flavor while still getting most of the thc and beta-carophyllene out. Just make sure you clean it out right away before it stains your bong. A quick rinse with some warm water will clean it out if you do it right after vaping.

luchiano,

tokenitup

You're the man! I actually tried a bowl last night with adding the hash to it like you just said, it worked very well! Kinda afraid to regrind my AVB because I don't want to dirty up my space case with vaped bud...but when I mixed it with bud it made it a ton better.

tokenitup,

luchiano

tokenitup said:
You're the man! I actually tried a bowl last night with adding the hash to it like you just said, it worked very well! Kinda afraid to regrind my AVB because I don't want to dirty up my space case with vaped bud...but when I mixed it with bud it made it a ton better.
Glad to see you liked it.

Keep vaping on.

BTW, you don't have to use your space case to regrind the herb, just use some scissors with the herb still in the bowl or you can take it out if you like but using scissors will grind it up good because it will be dry enough to get a good fine grind just keep combining the herb each time you cut it up with the scissors.

luchiano,

yolky

wunderkind said:
lwien, I have another question. I see that you also have a vaporstar. Have you used it with the HVY beaker? I'm thinking of going this route for my first vape setup, then getting a PD down the road when they are available again. Thoughts?
If you have a HVY beaker you should seriously consider getting the Vapor Heat Wand. In my experience it has been the best vaporizer by a long shot. I use both a 13" HVY and RooR beakers with my VHW setup and its amazing.

yolky,

Hanibal Lectin

I have to agree with other who said the hits were a lot smoother but no difference in high... I no longer use ice

Hanibal Lectin,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
been using warm water for years. high times article said thc more easily absorb able in hot water vapor
:peace:

jackstraw62,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
First milkshot of vapor with the bong holy shit, I can see I just made a new best friend. As for the warm/hot water hit I only got to do a hot mouth bong hit the other day, was interesting and definitely opened air paths. My glass was cold in the car, so couldn't put the hot in yet :|. But, about to try it since it warmed up. I love trying new things!

The_Other_Shoe,

Rick

Zapman
I hit my new glass guy with this question. He said "oh sure, hot water will produce smoother and larger hits". He was referring to smoke but it is the same principle with vapor. I said "why?". He said it is because the molecules in hot water are moving fast and bouncing around. They are very active and can therefore do their filtering job more effectively than if they were all hanging out huddled together in cold water. He said you have to be careful with hot water hits as you will get a very big hit without hardly knowing it. Don't think anyone mentioned that in this thread or maybe I just missed it.

Rick,

lwien

Rick said:
I hit my new glass guy with this question. He said "oh sure, hot water will produce smoother and larger hits". He was referring to smoke but it is the same principle with vapor. I said "why?". He said it is because the molecules in hot water are moving fast and bouncing around. They are very active and can therefore do their filtering job more effectively than if they were all hanging out huddled together in cold water. He said you have to be careful with hot water hits as you will get a very big hit without hardly knowing it. Don't think anyone mentioned that in this thread or maybe I just missed it.
Yup. The hit goes down so smooth that you can take in a bigger hit without realizing it.............that is, until you get that lung expansion from taking in more than you can process.

I never do ice anymore. For me, it's either hot water, or no bong. It works that good.

lwien,

Q_

Interesting thread!

It seems possible to me that the whole advantage of the hot water is the increased humidity on your throat and in your lungs. And there's some study claiming that THC/tar ratio is worse in water pipes/bongs than joints, although I think that result is controversial.

If that's true, it would actually be better to make the air steamy *before* entering the vaporizer because you'd have the benefit of humidity in the lungs without the (supposedly) reduced THC/tar ratio from passing the vapor through water. Also, humid air has a much higher specific heat, increasing the speed at which it picks up heat from the heat exchanger and puts it in the herb. (That's why your car will overheat in Arizona but not in equally hot Florida -- dry air doesn't absorb the heat from the car's radiator very well.)

Maybe someone could think of a way to test this out. I would be *very* curious to know the results if someone comes up with something, even if it turns out I'm totally wrong. I don't have a bong, but perhaps I could rig something homemade up to the inlet hole of my LB?

Q_,

lwien

Q_ said:
Interesting thread!

And there's some study claiming that THC/tar ratio is worse in water pipes/bongs than joints, although I think that result is controversial.
This is true for smoking, but would it also be true for vapor?

lwien,

luchiano

Q_ said:
Interesting thread!

It seems possible to me that the whole advantage of the hot water is the increased humidity on your throat and in your lungs. And there's some study claiming that THC/tar ratio is worse in water pipes/bongs than joints, although I think that result is controversial.

If that's true, it would actually be better to make the air steamy *before* entering the vaporizer because you'd have the benefit of humidity in the lungs without the (supposedly) reduced THC/tar ratio from passing the vapor through water. Also, humid air has a much higher specific heat, increasing the speed at which it picks up heat from the heat exchanger and puts it in the herb. (That's why your car will overheat in Arizona but not in equally hot Florida -- dry air doesn't absorb the heat from the car's radiator very well.)

Maybe someone could think of a way to test this out. I would be *very* curious to know the results if someone comes up with something, even if it turns out I'm totally wrong. I don't have a bong, but perhaps I could rig something homemade up to the inlet hole of my LB?
Thanks for this info and it probably explains why bud that has some moisture in it(not too much) stays giving off smoke/vapor longer than bud that is dry even when it looks like it is not lit anymore when smoking. The water holds the heat well and it makes the air around the bud humid as well as being so smooth that it feels like you aren't inhaling anything but warm air.

I don't think there is a need to have humid are going to the vaporizer if you have bud that has been moistened like cigars are because once the heat hits the water molecules they will evaporate and create the humid air inside the bowl and since the temperature to do this is so low humid air entering a vaporizer isn't needed plus the humidity might effect some of the heaters in vaporizers in the long run so I don't know if that is a good thing to do.

As for the study on thc and tar I think the reason it came out like that is because tars are heavy and when using a bong or pipe they condense fast as they travel down the cooler areas of the bongs/pipes and being that thc is so sticky it condenses onto these tars. If there aren't a lot of tars in the vapor or smoke less thc will have anything to stick to and less will condense onto the sides of the pipes/bongs and the water cooling it down more will let it become compact leaving less suface area for it to stick places. This is probably why more resin in seen before the vapor/smoke hits the water as opposed to after going through the water to be cooled off because the high heat creates more surface area within vapor containing the molecules so they can condense easily once cooled off a bit BUT I think if you cool the water off too much say below 50f or lower more thc will condense than you want due to being heavy and therefore the thc and other oils will act like heavy tars and condense a lot and we don't want that.

This is why using cold water to extract the trichomes to make hash works. The coldness makes the trichomes freeze and makes them very dense which means they fall down into the water to be collected to make hash. If you use cold water with a good diffuser you may end up loosing a lot of the cannabinoids due to them coming into contact with the cold water and condensing onto the sides or falling to the bottom but because they are so light we might not see them but I know I have see hash that was smoked condense like this and fall to the bottom which to me was a waste. Eventually as the water warms down the oils will just rise and condense onto the sides which give that dirty look but it's just the oils rising up and condensing on the sides of the water reserve of the bong.

luchiano,
Reactions: Q_

Q_

lwien said:
Q_ said:
Interesting thread!

And there's some study claiming that THC/tar ratio is worse in water pipes/bongs than joints, although I think that result is controversial.
This is true for smoking, but would it also be true for vapor?
Good question. Sadly I think the answer is that no one knows. The only decent studies I've found are here: http://www.maps.org/mmj/vaporizer.html

I would say it's fairly clear that water filtration is bad for efficiency because some THC is absorbed, but it's also clear that some tars and carbon monoxide are absorbed. In the case of smoke, it's not entirely clear whether more "good stuff" or "bad stuff" is absorbed because the study only measured certain types of bad stuff -- tiny solid particles and carbon monoxide, if I remember correctly -- and the study hasn't been replicated.

In the case of vapor there's even less data. Since vapor is cleaner to start with, one might guess that water filtration is less useful than with smoke, but who knows.

My thinking is that if bong hits feel smoother and get you where you want to be, go for it. Humidity and temperature matter for comfort, and the studies admit they ignore those factors.

Q_,

rabican

Has anyone tried this powerlung? I was looking and its 110$ :o I saw a competitor brand for 30$ called Ultrabreathe, im thinking about buying it to see if it really does help...i don't have a problem taking big hits but it would be cool to take even bigger ones :brow:

rabican,

rabican

...i ordered the ultrabreathe, ill report back if it helps.

funny story, last night im vaping and i tried the hot water hits before and enjoyed it but i had the idea of doing hot water with ice in the ice catcher (in the past i didn't use ice). I usually look down the bong to gauge my hits...anyways i pack a bowl and it just keeps hitting (it appears that way). I realize after wayyy too many hits from the bowl that the ice was creating vapor in the bong so it looked like i was getting hits each time! This would be a funny trick to pull on someone i think :)

rabican,
Top Bottom