• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hot Water Hits - Try this and report back your findings.......

lwien

Someone suggested this awhile ago, and I thought, "Yuk. Why would I want to try that?" So I didn't, for months, until last night.

This may be old news for some, but for me, it was an eye opener, to say the least.

So...........for those of you that like to hit your vape from a bong, instead of loading it up with ice cubes, or cold water, or room temp water, put in the hottest water that comes out of your faucet. Don't wait too long to take your hit, because you want the water warmer than warm. Not scalding hot, so no boiling water here. Just as hot as you can get it out of your faucet. Put in as much water as you usually would where you will not get any splash back.

Report back your findings here. hehehehe.

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I like doing that occasionally... reminds me of sitting in a sauna... It is warm and humid, yet not harsh on the lungs.
I think because of the warmness of the water it cools the vapor down a tiny bit, but not enough to shock our lungs.
Whenever I use Ice and vapor it tends to leave me feeling as if I need to catch my breath.
I don't get this feeling when I use room temp or warmer water

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

Devo, for me, it was like this.

Fill bong with hot water. Load up PD stem. Put PD stem in bong. Turn PD upside down on stem and hit. Observation....."Hmmm, not milking up bong very much".

Pull out stem to complete hit. Observation........"Wow. Lots more lung expansion. Gonna take some effort to hold this hit in".

Let hit out. Observation......"Hmmm, not as much of a vapor cloud here as I typically get with either no water or cold water"

No more than 2 seconds later. Observation.............:o :o

No creeper here. It hit me like a ton of bricks, and it did so, NOW !!

I think what's going on here is twofold. One, is that there is less condensation going on here because of the hot water. Secondly is that the very warm air allows your lungs to process more of the THC much faster and more efficiently, hence the less voluminous vapor clouds along with the very quick and intense high.

Give it a shot. With vapor, there really is more of a need to moisturize than to cool, and the steam from hot water does exactly that.

Of course, like anything else, ymmv, but give it a try and report back. For me, it was more than just an eye-opener.

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
I think what's going on here is twofold. One, is that there is less condensation going on here because of the hot water. Secondly is that the very warm air allows your lungs to process more of the THC much faster and more efficiently, hence the less voluminous vapor clouds along with the very quick and intense high..
here is a funny question, How does the water taste afterwards? If there is less condensation as you theorize... would make sense that the water would have less of an herb taste than it would with colder water/ice.
I like to drink my water after I finish up the session, that is if I haven't shared with anyone who drools into bongs (which happens alot, and I hate it). I have noticed quite a flavor to such water. I am wondering if warmer water will have less taste to it after a session. If it does, then I would say you are correct in your assumption.

The added humidity to the water might also open the lungs up more... making it easier for them to absorb more THC.

EDIT: Just tried using warm water.... and you are right. I am feeling it's effects much faster than I normally feel it. Kinda neat..... Like almost immediately feeling it, normally it takes 10 to 15 minutes to feel it this way. I like...

DevoTheStrange,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Just woke up, saw this thread so I figured I would test it out for my wake and bake. Well, I am stoned off of one WZ stem right now in my bong.

The high took about the same time to hit me, but I would be lying if I said it wasn't intense. My favourite difference I noticed with this method is the hit is even smoother and leaves my throat less dry. I bet if I put some vicks in the tube, I could take endless DBV hits.

Time to refill this stem and hot water and try again.

quomist,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I agree... I am vaped off my ass right now... the only thing I can think is "Holy Shit, I have to show this to my boss!"

DevoTheStrange,
Reactions: Tom

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Stem #2. This is fun. I like how you can feel the hot water when you clear the tube.

quomist,

lwien

lol......I know. It was like I was nailed to the wall almost before I let out the hit. Very intense.

That's funny, Devo. I thought EXACTLY the same thing. 2 seconds after I let out the hit, the first words that came to mind was, "Holy Shit !!". I thought, man, if you could mainline THC, this is what it would feel like. Instant on. :)

Again, no boiling water here. But as hot as you can get it out of your faucet. You don't want the water just to be warm but rather steaming hot.

lwien,
Reactions: CG420

steiner666

Serial vapist
I've used hot water in bongs before back when i smoked, it did certainly seem to produce different hits, but i cant remember the overall effect being much different. I've thought about trying this with vaping but never got around to it, i'll have to give it a go sometime soon.

steiner666,

lwien

steiner666 said:
I've used hot water in bongs before back when i smoked, it did certainly seem to produce different hits, but i cant remember the overall effect being much different. I've thought about trying this with vaping but never got around to it, i'll have to give it a go sometime soon.
For me, the difference was dramatic.

lwien,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I finally got around to trying this and wow! I filled up my 18 inch beaker's perc with hot water kept the bottom empty and just started hitting it. I got these huge hauls of vapor that all were really smooth and by the end I was extremely vaped. Nice find Iwien.

wowthisisrandom,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Well, I tried this a couple of times after reading this post. Inhalation of the vapor is definitely very smooth. In fact, a little too smooth for me. I like to feel something hitting my throat, with this it was really like silk. Folks who suffer from throat irritation or the like should definitely check this out. I have smoked before with hot water, with good/ok results, but with vapor and hot water, it really is very smooth. Like a nice little cleansing steam bath for your throat. I'd imaging vaporizing something like eucalyptus or peppermint or something along with your herb would make things even more therapeutic.

I did not get any higher though. (neither did I ever get any higher with hot water and smoke)

I cannot comment on the stem affecting me quicker. I never really had to wait 10-15 minutes to feel high. For me it is a matter of a few seconds to a minute I'd say, irrespective of what my tolerance is like (if my tolerance is high, i'd just 'sober' up sooner, in 5 minutes if you've really built up a shit load of tolerance).

But all of you seem to have similar experiences with this method. Hmm. My water was hot, not boiling but very hot, from the tap. I don't see what else I could be doing wrong.

In any case, this is something I will be doing now and then, the tokes are really very smooth and the hot moisture in one's inhalations is soothing. Thanks Lwein. It would be nice to be able to get higher too though!!

obelisk,

lwien

obelisk said:
Thanks Lwein. It would be nice to be able to get higher too though!!
Sure thing.

Yeah, for me, when I vape, it usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the full affects to take place. But when I hit the bong with hot water, it's just about instantaneous. I think that it's the speed of onset is the reason for getting higher. Rather than being spread out over a period of time, it seems like it all goes immediately from my lungs to my brain in a second or two.

I also definitely noticed less of a vapor cloud on exhale, so I have to assume that the steam and temp from the hot water is helping my lungs to more efficiently process all that THC.

What's the quality of your bud, obelisk?

lwien,

lwien

btw, I posted this up at another site and this is one of the first responses. A smoker though, not a vaporist but it's nice to know it works for smokers as well, especially being that I smoke my qwiso.
---------------------------------------------------
I smoke with regular luke warm water most of the time, but add ice and ice water on occasion. This was my first experience smokeing with any kind of warm water.

So I flushed out my bong with hot water several times, then added the hottest tap water I could manage(Steaming). Lit up a Philly Titan I rolled last night and toked it through the bong. Wow, just wow! The steam masks the smoke very well in your lungs. It feels so great. I feel like I could take the whole blunt all in one inhale if my lungs had the capacity, it was just so smooth. Only smoked half the blunt, but I feel pretty toast.

Thank you for opening my world lwien.
----------------------------------------------------------

This makes me want a bong for my WDZ and SSV sooo bad. Great find lwien. I will be sure to try this out when I find a suitable bong.

SkeletonLips,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
lwien said:
I also definitely noticed less of a vapor cloud on exhale
I get the same amount of vapor on exhale. but will def try this again. maybe i need to let the water run hotter.

lwien said:
What's the quality of your bud, obelisk?
Pretty good I'd say. I get heads most of the time, though a lot of them are not the named strains. Sometimes my guy does get famous strains. These days I'm smoking sour diesel. I bought an ounce and a quarter a while back and am glad I did cuz everything I bought after that has been shitty weed at heady prices, yikes! It's too bad cuz he used to be very reliable.

I gotta find a new connection. Any growers from MA or New England lurking, don't hesitate to e-mail me a phone number :D

EDIT:

SkeletonLips said:
Thanks for the suggestion lwien! Has anyone tried this one, though? http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/hvy-glass-mini-straight-clear.html I like how straight tubes hit slightly better than how a beaker does.
No direct experience, but if you prefer straights to beakers, you can't go wrong with that. Cheap and HVY is good quality.

obelisk,

lwien

SkeletonLips said:
Thanks for the suggestion lwien! Has anyone tried this one, though? http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/hvy-glass-mini-straight-clear.html I like how straight tubes hit slightly better than how a beaker does.
That beaker that I posted above is small enough that clearing it is not really a problem. The advantage of it over that small tube is that it has more volume for a bigger hit, and it's also a LOT more stable. Won't tip over like a tube has a tendency to do.

But if I was going to go for a small straight tube, I think I'd go for this: http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__100ml.cfm?iProductID=5906, which is actually cheaper than the HVY beaker.

lwien,

lwien

obelisk said:
.... but will def try this again. maybe i need to let the water run hotter.
Yeah. Get it as hot as it can get out of the faucet. You don't want warm. You want hot. Just not boiling hot.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Now I am wishing I had glass like yours lwien. So I can hold a bit more water.... it cools down so quickly in my little tube. yesterday was pretty fun to say the least.

DevoTheStrange,

lwien

DevoTheStrange said:
Now I am wishing I had glass like yours lwien. So I can hold a bit more water.... it cools down so quickly in my little tube. yesterday was pretty fun to say the least.
Yeah. Refilling with hot water between hits seems like it would be a good idea. Gotta hit that puppy quick after refill so the water doesn't cool too much.

Glad you enjoyed this hot water tip, Devo. It sure was an eyeopener for me, so much so, that last night I didn't do it simply because I didn't want to get that super blazed all at once but it sure is nice to know that when I do, I can, while still maintaining the efficiency from the PD.

lwien,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
lwien said:
DevoTheStrange said:
Yeah. Refilling with hot water between hits seems like it would be a good idea. Gotta hit that puppy quick after refill so the water doesn't cool too much.

Glad you enjoyed this hot water tip, Devo. It sure was an eyeopener for me, so much so, that last night I didn't do it simply because I didn't want to get that super blazed all at once but it sure is nice to know that when I do, I can, while still maintaining the efficiency from the PD.
You've got thanks from me too lwien. I was playing around with this more last night, and ended up with some some surprising cardio results from running to the faucet in between each bowl. Then again, that was probably the high making my heart race.

Devo, I have 16' and 22' tubes I tried this with and still had the fast cooling issue. I bet a beaker or bubble bottom would be best for this.

quomist,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
and... if you guys haven't noticed, hot water gets most of the build up off of your tube as well.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom