Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Curious about the possibility of DIY Red Queen kits? Im guessing due to quality/warranty concerns it'll be a no but Ive noticed throughout Hexs history, that the actual building step is a repeating issue and the option to do it ones self may be something people would go for?

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

I've already started back-porting the Controller Firmware to the HN-01 models, and expect to have a release in about a month as well. (Hang tight! The new code makes HN-01's just purr!)

:)

Cheers!
Liz

This pleases me.
The performance of the HN-01 is already of the charts!
Almost can't imagine it improving (almost :D).

:clap:

Dubmonkey

I have a few more questions or possible tech topics. I am under the impression that based on a earlier post that there is logging and sharing of data options.

-can HN02 power a y-split XLR cable so that two identical coils/nails can be heated?
-how and what data is stored on your servers? Encrypted? Do we need to have log data pumped to your servers or can we elect not to share?
-is the traffic between HN02s and your servers encrypted?
-where are your log sharing servers located? Meaning self hosted data center or AWS?
-what connection options are there for the HN02? Bluetooth? WiFi Web App, iOS app, android app?
-does the HN02 contain storage? How much? What type and can additional storage be added for data retention/logging?
-In your logs are you tracking machine IDs and IPs?

Thanks in advance @HexNailLiz for your time and attention on the questions above.

JigMelon

I have a few more questions or possible tech topics. I am under the impression that based on a earlier post that there is logging and sharing of data options.

-can HN02 power a y-split XLR cable so that two identical coils/nails can be heated?
-how and what data is stored on your servers? Encrypted? Do we need to have log data pumped to your servers or can we elect not to share?
-where are your log sharing servers located? Meaning self hosted data center or AWS?
-what connection options are there for the HN02? Bluetooth? WiFi Web App, iOS app, android app?
-does the HN02 contain storage? How much? What type and can additional storage be added for data retention/logging?

Thanks in advance @HexNailLiz for your time and attention on the questions above.

I would like to know the answer to these as well. Here are some additional questions:

- Will we have the option to host our own unit? I'd like to use my own domain and my own SSL when possible.
- Will we have shell access to the unit? I would like to be able to keep an eye on resources and explore.
- Will tinkering with our unit in this way violate the warranty?

My career is as a Linux sysadmin, and I'd love to add functionality to the unit and share that functionality with the company and community.

JigMelon,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Liz said she wants to elaborate more later on these but I wanted to toss some basic answers out there today, too.

- No. It would pull too much power and definitely not work. As far as I know there are few devices in general that would capable of this. Even with my experience in audio this tends to be a bad idea.

- No PII is stored (unless given voluntarily). Access Point Mode does not share any information and we will be adding the ability to turn off all communication via the app soon after launch.

- Yes. All transports are encrypted. We've put forth a lot of effort to make sure of this.

- AWS.

- Wi-fi WebApp with native apps in tow shortly after launch (final approval touches are being put on according to Liz).

- Yes. 16gb and...No. You shouldn't require more than 16gb, really.

- At the moment, yes. Encrypted communication on your local network requires this information. But again, no PII is stored.

I would like to know the answer to these as well. Here are some additional questions:

- Will we have the option to host our own unit? I'd like to use my own domain and my own SSL when possible.
- Will we have shell access to the unit? I would like to be able to keep an eye on resources and explore.
- Will tinkering with our unit in this way violate the warranty?

My career is as a Linux sysadmin, and I'd love to add functionality to the unit and share that functionality with the company and community.

- No.

- No. Shell access is a potential attack vector (especially if it's password based).

- Yes. It would violate your warranty.

Dubmonkey

Mahalo @HexNailAva and @HexNailLiz for quick responses.

One quick suggestion for us wood newbies who can’t tell curly Koa from balsa wood - on the ordering site identification of each wood type would be nice. I picked Paducah and hoping I picked the right wood to match my koa vaping table tray.

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: Hogni
Mahalo @HexNailAva and @HexNailLiz for quick responses.

One quick suggestion for us wood newbies who can’t tell curly Koa from balsa wood - on the ordering site identification of each wood type would be nice. I picked Paducah and hoping I picked the right wood to match my koa vaping table tray.

Padauk is kinda red. It is second from left thumbnail on website currently.

Last edited:
scalescliffs,
Reactions: mutten840

PoopMachine

Suggestion. If youre going to have tuning profiles for the FlowerPot, can temperature ranges be pre-set as well in the new version of OS?

Say for the Flower Pot Showerhead, you could have 560, 640 and 710. Those are the three temperatures I use now depending on what Im after.

I dont know if temperature presets are part of the tuning profiles in the new OS or not but thought Id throw it out there.

YabbaDABBAdo

b5OJ1vk.jpg

So. The '3-point' graph was just to give you an idea of adjustability here, but the 2 '4-point' graphs give you an idea of Temp adjust vs how the power itself would adjust

@HexNailAva Hey girls how’s it going hope everything’s going smoother and things have calmed down a little bit, just have a question in regards to the glob modes and these graphs I was very pumped to see this being implemented I think it would give the truest most exact up temp and down temp hits! I do enjoy the glob mode as it is, but if this is implemented on the new UI it might be the best thing for full vaporization of each hit!!! No waste and the best hit you could possibly even imagine “the perfect dab”. Not sure you you are still going forward with this but I really really hope so.

Also hope you are looking into 25mm coils? would much rather put money in your pockets

And finally when you are changing PID settings with different types of coils and nails and you turn off the unit it resets to stock PID settings? is there going to be a way to be able to save the PID setting that you decide to change for a particular type of nail and save it as a preset to what you want? Been changing coils and nails and then settings and realizing I have to adjust my PID settings every time I turn on and off my unit

Last edited:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Got half of Round 1 out today.

If you have NOT paid your second invoice please contact us (I'll be sending an email tonight, too) and we'll get that arranged so we can ship your unit.

If you're an International customer and did NOT provide a phone number with your shipment please send us that information. It's required for us to ship your package.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Liz said she wants to elaborate more later on these but I wanted to toss some basic answers out there today, too.

- No. It would pull too much power and definitely not work. As far as I know there are few devices in general that would capable of this. Even with my experience in audio this tends to be a bad idea.

- No PII is stored (unless given voluntarily). Access Point Mode does not share any information and we will be adding the ability to turn off all communication via the app soon after launch.

- Yes. All transports are encrypted. We've put forth a lot of effort to make sure of this.

- AWS.

- Wi-fi WebApp with native apps in tow shortly after launch (final approval touches are being put on according to Liz).

- Yes. 16gb and...No. You shouldn't require more than 16gb, really.

- At the moment, yes. Encrypted communication on your local network requires this information. But again, no PII is stored.

- No.

- No. Shell access is a potential attack vector (especially if it's password based).

- Yes. It would violate your warranty.

@HexNailAva
Ava + Liz, don't you think these Q&A aren't be worth being integrated in your FAQ section?

Next thing. Over the last year there was spoken about a lot of nails/heaters for which the HN should be optimized.

What's the current state?

- for which nails/heaters IS the HN optimized
- which ones aren't still implemented but in your pipeline for sure?

Important infos for your site I think which prevents a lot of unnecessary questions - and answers - for.

mutten840

@Hogni They are working on getting the units out and then after that, they plan on setting up an FAQ section and will work on covering all questions that have been asked.

Some of the top ones have been:

What nails are the units are tuned for and what are pending

What are the XLR pin layout

Will there be Alexa and google support

I know they have a massive list of stuff to post to the FAQ page, once they have a little time =)

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
@HexNailAva
Ava + Liz, don't you think these Q&A aren't be worth being integrated in your FAQ section?

Next thing. Over the last year there was spoken about a lot of nails/heaters for which the HN should be optimized.

What's the current state?

- for which nails/heaters IS the HN optimized
- which ones aren't still implemented but in your pipeline for sure?

Important infos for your site I think which prevents a lot of unnecessary questions - and answers - for.

The tunings for 1.2.10 (the last version prior to OS2) are:

16mm:

None
Hive
Liger V3 titanium
Liger V3 quartz
Liger V3 sic
INFINITI
Standard light
Standard medium
Standard heavy

20mm:

None
Liger V3 titanium
Liger V3 quartz
Liger V3 sic
Liger V3 sapphire
Standard light
Standard medium
Standard heavy

30mm flat:

None
DNail Quartz Halo
DNail SiC Halo
Liger V3 titanium
Liger V3 quartz
Liger V3 sic
Liger V3 sapphire
Standard light
Standard medium
Standard heavy

I'm sure that more tunings are forthcoming.

:leaf:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Many thanks, guys!
Wondering that there is no tuning for the FP up to now. Mean to remember this was intended some time ago.

BTW are settings for the FP D-Nail WA with SiC Halo the same as those for the D-Nail SiC Halo?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Many thanks, guys!
Wondering that there is no tuning for the FP up to now. Mean to remember this was intended some time ago.

BTW are settings for the FP D-Nail WA with SiC Halo the same as those for the D-Nail SiC Halo?

Shouldn't be, the mass is totally different

ensabbahnur,
Top Bottom