Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

buddingglasshead

I'll message you here and look for your email in the meantime. Instagram is probably the hardest place for me to get info to people. I'll PM you my phone number.

What is the best way to get in contact with you? I sent you a PM a few days ago, but if you have another method of communication you'd prefer, just let me know. I'm in no rush for a reply, but when you do get a chance I did have a few questions.

buddingglasshead,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'll message you here and look for your email in the meantime. Instagram is probably the hardest place for me to get info to people. I'll PM you my phone number.

You need to get some contact info up on your website, even if it is just an email address or basic 'contact us form'.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: JigMelon
f6J6plV.jpg

I know it’s not possible but I feel more stoned than usual right now. 615* on the AugustHaus Liger with the Obsidian insert set to 30mm flat/standard heavy is really working for the size of dab I normally like to do - no pooling and no burning.

I am looking forward to the mobile apps!

Congrats to @HexNailAva & @HexNailLiz - this is good stuff. I like it.

JigMelon

@HexNailAva I recall you saying you wouldn't be sending tracking codes until they were actually dropped off and in motion; is this no longer the case? The code I received yesterday shows "Label Created, not yet in system". I'm only asking since this may suggest an issue with the shipment if you've already dropped it off.

mutten840

@JigMelon I think they are pending a drop off of more units to the post office and this is most likely the cause of the delay in the tracking updating. I will also ping them to make sure =)

mutten840,
Reactions: JigMelon

JigMelon

@JigMelon I think they are pending a drop off of more units to the post office and this is most likely the cause of the delay in the tracking updating. I will also ping them to make sure =)

Thanks in advance! I'm in no hurry; it's just around the corner, now! I just wanted to ensure that what you suggested was the case and that there isn't an issue with my package specifically.

Edit - I'm guessing the PayPal integration may have sent the codes once generated, resulting in this.

JigMelon,
Reactions: mutten840

ItWasaGoodDre

Issue Resolved! So stoked! Getting my settings dialed in and will report back shortly.

My tracking information was emailed this morning and, to my great surprise, my Red Queen showed up about an hour later, so I think there was just some sort of backlog in the tracking getting out.

Last edited by a moderator:

mutten840

Anyone having issues with their Hex nail should make sure to email support@hex-nail.com, to make sure Ava gets your message. She is checking here, but emailing the support alias is going to be your best bet =)

My buddy had issues connecting his unit and he turned it off for 5 mins and restarted and let sit for a few and it worked itself out and he has been dabbing smoothly since. Not saying this is a cure all, but def try a hard restart and letting the unit sit for a few as it can take the units a bit when being fired up for the first time

I am jealous of you all and cannot wait to join the party =)

JigMelon

Just want to update - The tracking code is now in the system and the status is "Pre-Shipment". I'll be refreshing the page every hour at least :p I'm assuming it will be here on Monday or Tuesday, but if it makes it to me in Chicago on Saturday it'll be a pretty fantastic weekend :p Doubtful, but I'm keeping my hopes up.

anrchy666

I hear ya can't wait to see/try os2 on my HN-01 i keep checking lol.

Anyone having issues with their Hex nail should make sure to email support@hex-nail.com, to make sure Ava gets your message. She is checking here, but emailing the support alias is going to be your best bet =)

My buddy had issues connecting his unit and he turned it off for 5 mins and restarted and let sit for a few and it worked itself out and he has been dabbing smoothly since. Not saying this is a cure all, but def try a hard restart and letting the unit sit for a few as it can take the units a bit when being fired up for the first time

I am jealous of you all and cannot wait to join the party =)

brucee10

Just want to update - The tracking code is now in the system and the status is "Pre-Shipment". I'll be refreshing the page every hour at least :p I'm assuming it will be here on Monday or Tuesday, but if it makes it to me in Chicago on Saturday it'll be a pretty fantastic weekend :p Doubtful, but I'm keeping my hopes up.
We'll have to get my HN-01 together with your HN-02 since we're both in Chicago. I would love to try your Obsidian surface on your liger. I'm always paranoid with my sapphire.

JigMelon

We'll have to get my HN-01 together with your HN-02 since we're both in Chicago. I would love to try your Obsidian surface on your liger. I'm always paranoid with my sapphire.

Also in Chicago :lol:

Yea I'd be down for a meetup! We should plan in PMs or make a separate thread for the area

Edit - Departed Portland w/ an expected delivery of Saturday!

Last edited:
JigMelon,
Reactions: mutten840

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
OK - I'm in business. It took me a little bit of fucking around, but for some reason, there was something with the DD-WRT firmware my router was running that was preventing the display from receiving/displaying updates.

I put the stock TP-LINK firmware back on my router and it didn't work. I got really pissed and did a double decker on my SH to spite the HexNail not working, got really baked, took a nap and when I woke up it was working.

I have no idea what the cause of the issue was, or what I really did to fix it, but I couldn't get it to work until I switched firmware.

Anyway, fucking hell yes I'm so excited now. Now the fun begins :science:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
OK - I'm in business. It took me a little bit of fucking around, but for some reason, there was something with the DD-WRT firmware my router was running that was preventing the display from receiving/displaying updates.

I put the stock TP-LINK firmware back on my router and it didn't work. I got really pissed and did a double decker on my SH to spite the HexNail not working, got really baked, took a nap and when I woke up it was working.

I have no idea what the cause of the issue was, or what I really did to fix it, but I couldn't get it to work until I switched firmware.

Anyway, fucking hell yes I'm so excited now. Now the fun begins :science:

Interesting, were you using any specific security controls on dd-wrt like Guest WiFi or LAN isolation?

I assume your PC is hardwired via ethernet?

GreenHopper,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Interesting, were you using any specific security controls on dd-wrt like Guest WiFi or LAN isolation?

Nope and nope. I am hardwired though.

I had to disable the firewall and DMZ the hexnail to get it to work on either, but the display just would not budge on the DD-WRT firmware. Also interesting to note - you cannot use a hidden network with this. It won't see it. Even after you connect it, you can't go back to hiding it.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. Just taking notes. It worked well the first day I got it, I just couldn't see what the heck was going on (which I feel like is probably the entire reason I bought this thing lol) but I guess user-error.

The good thing is I don't have to buy a new router!

Now if we can just get some flowerpot tunings... I'm actually finding I like standard med better @Justpassedu - I can set lower nail temps this way. I had it at 710 in heavy mode and still got pooling with a fairly small (glob mode'd) dab. I think I'm liking 680 for standard med but I need to play more.

Last edited:
Dream on brother. I'm over here praying for Nintendo Switch (or even 3ds!!!) support :razz:

The sliders are more responsive/easier to manipulate on my PC using the web browser than using the app on my phone.

Ha, hopefully my request isn’t a dream. Native mobile apps have been promised for a very long time and are actually specified on the catalog page so I’m confident that we will see them treated as a high priority now that there is a stable codebase — especially given the low responsiveness and general overall fiddliness of the current web UI.

I don’t have a PC so I can’t comment but it’s hit or miss on iPad on MobileSafari, the recommended browser.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Well, idk if this is what you mean, but in the app drawer of my phone I totally have a "hex nail" app now, and I much prefer using that to using chrome on my phone (which I installed just for this)

nickmo

Well, idk if this is what you mean, but in the app drawer of my phone I totally have a "hex nail" app now, and I much prefer using that to using chrome on my phone (which I installed just for this)

Screenshots?

nickmo,
Top Bottom