• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

JigMelon

Also since many of us are using different nails and I have honestly wanting to go with a an American quartz banger for a while just haven’t been able to find one with what I’m looking for are you going to be offering a 25mm coil? And possibly a banger but I’m very picky with bangers flat top, beveled edge,,thick, multiple options in caps and more lol but since that’s a lot it might be easier to make some different style banger style coils

If they do not, you may want to check out the AugustHaus coils/bangers. Their coils are compatible with the Hex-Nail, and the price w/ banger is good. Never used, can't vouch for quality.

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/product-page/xl-custom-coil-2-0

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/product-page/xxl-30mm-custom-coil-and-banger

JigMelon,
Reactions: ataxian
scalescliffs,

mutten840

@YabbaDABBAdo I think you would need to snap a pic of your settings on the device you are using the new interface on (Once released) Maybe later they can add a snapshot function or some sort of smooth way of showing what your settings and such are. For the 25mm coils, I have been getting mine from Disorderly conduction. Aqua lab also sells his coils and you can catch them on sale for around 60 bucks. I have not tried the AugustHaus coils since the Disorderly are working good. The little clips Errlectric make are great for holding the coil arm to the neck of the banger if you are looking for something to keep the coil from stressing the banger.

Also it looks like we are getting closer and Ava has posted some sweet shots and a demo video on Instagram. So if you go check it out, you wont be disappointed =)

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Because nobody could answer to my inquiry I directly asked AugustHaus for a 220v version of the Liger flat coil. Here's their reply:

"I’m sorry but currently I do not offer a 220v version. I’m trying to prepare a version of my controller in 220v this year, when I do that I will develop a matching coil."

YabbaDABBAdo

If they do not, you may want to check out the AugustHaus coils/bangers. Their coils are compatible with the Hex-Nail, and the price w/ banger is good. Never used, can't vouch for quality.

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/product-page/xl-custom-coil-2-0

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/product-page/xxl-30mm-custom-coil-and-banger
thanks but
I know they are and I have conformation from Ava the pin alignment and which coil brands work with the hex-nail(some companies blow the fuses and do not work properly with it also) and I want and American made one not knocking there’s I am very particular on how I like my set up and how the banger is made also function and deep bucket with intake hole high so don’t slurp down your material also a flat top with beveled edges so you can have a proper seal with practically any cap and thick and of course quality quartz and I want a separate coil and nail so if they @HexNailAva are coming out with a 25mm I would much rather put the money in their pocket since they have gone up and beyond for a true customer to owner/manufacture service with my circumstance but that’s just me

The girls have one of these themselves, the 25mm one.
I know man I saw it on IG and figured someone on here has helped them with it ROCK ON whoever did!!!! But I would love to have my cryptic culture, gavel or any set up with it really any good American banger on the market

HOLY SHIT WE ALL WERE TYPING AT THE SAME TIME

Last edited:

mutten840

25mm bangers I have tried and approve:

Fatdabco budget bangers: Great cheap bangers and you can catch a 50% sale and get them for 30 bucks a pop

highly Educated Gavel: Great bangers and very well made. They like to be ran a smidge hotter and really do bring out the flavor in your dab

Toro Grail: This is a great banger if you can catch a deal. Otherwise I would look into Eternal Quartz as they are similar priced and much beefier

Eternal Quartz Fat bottom banger: This is the cream of the crop, super deep and has a big chunk of quartz on the bottom. Works amazing with a coil. They also make inserts you can mess around with for those super low temp dabs. Make sure to specify fat bottom when looking or ordering these. They make a cheaper version and it is just missing the thick chunk of quartz on the bottom

JHalen: These are also a good option and can be found for a decent price. They just don't have the fat chunk of quartz. But are still a nice option

I found by using the Errlectric banger clips (an o-ring with 2 s clips) to hold the coil arm to my banger. I no longer am breaking bangers. It seems like the coil arm unsupported can angle when hot and then when cooled down. It can stress the banger and cause the bottom to pop off eventually. Once I got this sorted, they stopped breaking and I leave my coils on my bangers and never remove, except to clean the banger itself.

Hope this helps and the banger in the hexnail photo is the FatDabco banger paired with a Disorderly conduction coil =P

YabbaDABBAdo

@YabbaDABBAdo I think you would need to snap a pic of your settings on the device you are using the new interface on (Once released) Maybe later they can add a snapshot function or some sort of smooth way of showing what your settings and such are. For the 25mm coils, I have been getting mine from Disorderly conduction. Aqua lab also sells his coils and you can catch them on sale for around 60 bucks. I have not tried the AugustHaus coils since the Disorderly are working good. The little clips Errlectric make are great for holding the coil arm to the neck of the banger if you are looking for something to keep the coil from stressing the banger.

Also it looks like we are getting closer and Ava has posted some sweet shots and a demo video on Instagram. So if you go check it out, you wont be disappointed =)

@mutten840 good to hear from you it’s been a while....but that’s good to know I found disorderly conduction and I found D-nail but they are sold out was and the clips I had already thought of

YabbaDABBAdo,

JigMelon

@YabbaDABBAdo I don't disagree; I haven't bought one yet, either (but I'm REALLY on the fence, and likely will since the HN girls have one in their hand)...

JigMelon,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Wanted to finally come in an speak up a bit in here and update everyone. It's been hard when I've been freaking out about us skating by on rent this month but we pulled it off (now we just need to get the last 15 Round 2 units moved).

We know we're ultra late on Round 1 but we really can see the finish line.

We've been having a lot of success with 20 or so units online at once (all on the same network as well as split) and we're wrapping up final testing on the entirety of Round 1 right now. We have every coil burning in with their matching unit and labeled for each customer in preparation for shipping. We thankfully planned ahead a bit on shipping and have some money stashed away on our shipping account to make sure we can actually get these out to the people.

We'll be shooting a promo / app walkthrough video within the next few days that will run over the features and what not for the initial OS/2 release but for now here's some links to the first real use videos of the 'Red Queen' that should hold y'all over 'til we start actually shipping these beauties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdwChyXFPvR/
- Dropping a spoonful of sugar on the 25mm Eternal Quartz Banger on our 10mm (3-Arm) LGA Mini-Hourglass @ 600 F Coil. Firing shots with that 'Bodak Yellow'. :evil:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdl9xmql578/
- First actual footage of the app at work. More importantly, watch the temperature vs the power line on the graph. Who's ready for a long awaited Quartz Banger tuning? :tup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdlp1O5laQi/
- This one is fun. We were testing our remote connection code at the grocery store. Just happens we were testing on one of @mutten840 's Red Queens. :D

Note: We also have an insert for the Eternal Banger so...get ready for that, too. We're working on a serious upgrade to our probe / infrared rig once we have the funds and the time.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Hi Ava,
I just sent you a private message. Thanks!
Back atcha. Sorry for the wait.

Also...for those waiting.

WHC4L2c.jpg

Walnut on Walnut action. One cleaning and one ready to dab on. Both running on my MacBook side by side.

We're...so close here guys. Just hang on with us a little longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

ItWasaGoodDre

Wanted to finally come in an speak up a bit in here and update everyone. It's been hard when I've been freaking out about us skating by on rent this month but we pulled it off (now we just need to get the last 15 Round 2 units moved).

We know we're ultra late on Round 1 but we really can see the finish line.

We've been having a lot of success with 20 or so units online at once (all on the same network as well as split) and we're wrapping up final testing on the entirety of Round 1 right now. We have every coil burning in with their matching unit and labeled for each customer in preparation for shipping. We thankfully planned ahead a bit on shipping and have some money stashed away on our shipping account to make sure we can actually get these out to the people.

We'll be shooting a promo / app walkthrough video within the next few days that will run over the features and what not for the initial OS/2 release but for now here's some links to the first real use videos of the 'Red Queen' that should hold y'all over 'til we start actually shipping these beauties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdwChyXFPvR/
- Dropping a spoonful of sugar on the 25mm Eternal Quartz Banger on our 10mm (3-Arm) LGA Mini-Hourglass @ 600 F Coil. Firing shots with that 'Bodak Yellow'. :evil:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdl9xmql578/
- First actual footage of the app at work. More importantly, watch the temperature vs the power line on the graph. Who's ready for a long awaited Quartz Banger tuning? :tup:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdlp1O5laQi/
- This one is fun. We were testing our remote connection code at the grocery store. Just happens we were testing on one of @mutten840 's Red Queens. :D

Note: We also have an insert for the Eternal Banger so...get ready for that, too. We're working on a serious upgrade to our probe / infrared rig once we have the funds and the time.

When can we expect Round 1 to ship?

ItWasaGoodDre,
Reactions: Bullshift

JigMelon

Hoping for some good news this week! Can't wait to try out my 30mm Liger (I don't have a flat coil at the moment lol)!

JigMelon,

YabbaDABBAdo

Well I have to say THANK YOU =)) to the great gals @HexNailAva...”me happy happy happy”....Ava and Liz you two are truly changing every dab for each one of us!!!!!! and changing the way any kind of nail can be used to date keeping up with the different styles and kinds of nails on the market is truly crazy due to all the factors of heat retention,loss,gain etc anyway can’t wait for the new release the screen shots of the app are legit

ps....does Liz have a super computer as a brain? the settings i’ve dialed in are making a huge difference

mutten840

So I got to play around with the new UI by logging into and controlling a unit in Oregon. I am in Washington. This is awesome!!!!! I felt like a little kid seeing magic for the first time. It just made me giggle, over and over. Things are getting very close and from what I got to see we are all in for some serious next level shit.
They have also been working on a 25mm quartz banger tuning and I know they also have one of Eternal Quartz inserts to do some of their magic with. I have been running an HE gavel at 540 and the nail temp shows 388. No flash on the banger from heat and amazing dabs that also produce clouds, with near no reclaim.

I just had to share a little of what I got to see and I know it will be well worth the wait =)

On a side note, they are still producing and shipping the older units and you just need to hit them up in case you dont want to wait for the newer version to get all nailed down

ItWasaGoodDre

So I got to play around with the new UI by logging into and controlling a unit in Oregon. I am in Washington. This is awesome!!!!! I felt like a little kid seeing magic for the first time. It just made me giggle, over and over. Things are getting very close and from what I got to see we are all in for some serious next level shit.
They have also been working on a 25mm quartz banger tuning and I know they also have one of Eternal Quartz inserts to do some of their magic with. I have been running an HE gavel at 540 and the nail temp shows 388. No flash on the banger from heat and amazing dabs that also produce clouds, with near no reclaim.

I just had to share a little of what I got to see and I know it will be well worth the wait =)

On a side note, they are still producing and shipping the older units and you just need to hit them up in case you dont want to wait for the newer version to get all nailed down

Are we still on pace to get Round 1 orders out starting this week?

ItWasaGoodDre,

Dubmonkey

Interesting read on the hexnail2. Watching this thread.

On quartz bangers and coils I have tried:

Toro Core Reactors with 30mm Disorderly Coil. It worked fine as I had to bend the coil to fit the toro. Then the coil would heat up during use and want to fall off the bucket. Became super frustrating.

Saw DC made email quartz bangers but in 20mm size only. Asked about doing a 30mm for my coil and he said sure. I sent him the coil on his request and he built me a custom banger to fit the Disorderly coil. He said every coil is different so he rather build quartz while he has the coil in his possession. That way arm placement and angle can be set accordingly. I will need to look at those Errletric silicone straps as extra pre-cautionary step.

Quick question on the HN2: is it possible to turn on the HN2 remotely while out of the house? And what security features are in place to ensure owner to HN2 connection?

Dubmonkey,
Top Bottom