Herborizer corner

biohacker

The only glass screens i've owned were for the VHW, and I ended up going back to stainless. I just couldn't stand shit going through. Might be better for vapes that do well with whole nugs? Regardless, i'm not too concerned with the tiny percentage of stainless, when hot air is moving over the hot titanium anyway. Even "all glass vapes" like the EVO use a stainless ELB. I just never really saw the appeal of glass screens myself, but different strokes. I'll still be sticking the Arizer elbow screen in the bottom of the joint to filter out more particulate and keep my glass cleaner, like Father Jack ;) @Alan Partridge represent! :tup:

MrMonss

The latest Ddave mod for Arizer ExtremQ are all glass, but i really don't care about using the SS screens, they're easy to place, the only "down side" is that they're a bit light/fragile, but not an issue regarding the cost.

s366828541479040465_p41_i1_w656.png

On one of the last kit picture i notice someone received a instruction manual, true ?

Carlos8400

A few pages ago @Carlos8400 and others were saying how they have not been able to re,ove the yellow staining on the bowl with usual hardcore measures.

Like I say, all I did was put clean glass housing into a clear glass joint. The bubbler was the HOTTEST bubbler I ever touched!
The hea5 level from the Ti that transfers to the glass is phenomenal. By whatever mechanism, there must be some high temperature alteration to the glass' surface, whether permanent or just a real bi$ch to remove, Im not sure.

But no chance was it macining oils or anything.
Besides, it really is no real concern. If it cant be helped, and everythihg still works, nomproblem really.

2 loads in the Ti today plus a vapcap. Even tried setting 6, was a bit harsh for me,,went down to 5.5 to finish a decent bowl to very dark brown.

It is the way the vapor suddenly comes and builds up with such velocity!:o
You'll be sucking, watching, waiting, then there is a mass of it with no effort at all.

I need to test out the options, higher temps smaller load, and vice versa.
An incident earlier- pre-heating on 4, dropped in bowl for some minutes, went to load and ghe glass housing was stuck tight in the bowl. I carefull used some force,,and the housing came off the injector and stayed stuck in the bowl.

No damage done. I used a dust cloth to free the glass, didnt want to wait for cool down and re-heat. Then I used the dust cloth to replace the glass, EXCEPT- i touched the still hot heater with the dust cloth and it melted a little hole in it, onto the injector!:\

What a muppet! I had to turn it off and do a wipe clean etc then a burnoff.
All good, but watch out for that one guys!;)

I am about to try the bubbler with the Omnivap now, I have hih hopes for it to make the vapcap a far more enjoyable experience!

This is exactly why i don't like to pre heat the injector out of the bowl. The same thing happened to me a couple times, the second time they were pretty freaking stuck. It took me a while and some serious swearing to get them unstuck. Even glass expands with heat, and it made me wonder if there wasn't a risk of getting both parts terminally stuck, or worst, to shatter on of them.
Since then i always warm the injector on the bowl, so both parts expand at the same rate and they never get stuck. It feels safer, and it works better since you get more conduction heat in the mix.

Regarding the staining, i think it's probably because we reach a temperature high enough to really bake in the oil in the glass pores, were it won't come off with ISO, but not high enough to carbonize them. I am sure that if we were to torch the stains to a high enough temperature they would go away. A bit like how people clean quartz nail by torching them.

Lastly, i have been experimenting with lower temp since you guys were raving about clouds at 4 and 5.
It's interesting because different settings will give you the same results depending on heat up time.

Let's say you heat up on setting 6 for 5 minutes, take a hit, your AVB will be light brown. Leave it on 6 for 15 minutes, it will get MUCH hotter, take another hit, you will get super brown, almost black AVB.
Leave it on 4 for 5 minutes, take a hit, you will get nothing. Leave it on 4 for 15 minutes, you will get a hit similar to 5 minutes of warming on 6.

If you think about it, the controller is a power controller, not a thermostat, so final temperature will always depend on the thermal equilibrium, how much heat can the nail dissipate vs how much heat the chosen power setting is creating.
I always heat up an empty bowl, load it, and finish it on that temp. Never change temps during a bowl as the nail takes a while to adjust and i don't want to leave my herbs to cook. Even if i only vaped it at low temp and it is still somewhat green, it will end up in edibles so i don't mind dumping the bowl.

All that to say, i have found that i get much better hits on low temperature when i give it a much longer warm up time, which is logical since less power means less heat, means more time to reach thermal equilibrium. I am now enjoying hits on 5 rather than 6, but i give it more time to heat up. I have to admit the taste is much nicer that way and the effects less intense.
In a rush, or if i really want to get messed up 6 is still king.

The latest Ddave mod for Arizer ExtremQ are all glass, but i really don't care about using the SS screens, they're easy to place, the only "down side" is that they're a bit light/fragile, but not an issue regarding the cost.

s366828541479040465_p41_i1_w656.png

On one of the last kit picture i notice someone received a instruction manual, true ?

Am i the only one to find the name "concentration chamber" a bit wrong?
I mean, i see where he is coming from, but those are words that carry a lot of baggage when used together.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMonss

Am i the only one to find the name "concentration chamber" a bit wrong?
I mean, i see where he is coming from, but those are words that carry a lot of baggage when used together.

hahaha when I put this image I forgot the name, and it reminds me directly of the Second World War, certainly a cultural reference, maybe not so imediate to US ear

MrMonss,

Carlos8400

hahaha when I put this image I forgot the name, and it reminds me directly of the Second World War, certainly a cultural reference, maybe not so imediate to US ear

I'm pretty sure people in the US know about WWII and what it entails!

It just seems like poor taste, how could he never google his own product and see what else came up!

Carlos8400,

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Blimey, lots to catch up on here!

Curious what you think that screen is filtering out that the water filtration isn't?

There was a build up of plant matter on the walls of the tube, clearly visible. Some of the debris that fell into the water transferred there. A little like @Alexis' pic but much much finer material, and some of it green. Not just resin. I'm not very OCD about my glass, I will leave it as long as possible before cleaning or changing water. First few days I had no issues. After that, and after about 30+ bowls (I had a great few days off work) it was allergy city. The tube having no perc or diffuser didn't help I guess. But the long and short is the arizer screen kept the glass clean, and Alan Partridge allergy free. It's an absolute must have IMO.

@Alexis don't think it was material going around the screen - mine was also perfectly installed! I did take it out once and it was a bit of a pain getting it back in. Give the arizer screen a try - no harm and it may help you? I emailed Sebastien about it, he said the stock screens are too wide and will look into a finer mesh... maybe you got a finer one. But as it stands, the screen I have lets a lot of debris through.

The last bit of glass I got for this has an ice catcher.... I am disappointed to see so many little bubblers on this thread! It's a man's vape! Delivers man sized vapour and needs a man sized bit of glass :D! Here's all I use these days

XYT6CzL.jpg

I turn the power on 6-7 MAX and i leave the heater in the bowl for 15 minutes,
than i take my little ammount of herb and i put it inside the bowl ( i have to make this just with 1 hand cause in the other 1 i have the heater ^_^ ) ,than i inhale and put away the heater when i have to stirr.

Sort of what I do! But I don't leave it heating it the bowl. I leave it for 10-15 mins on my DIY stand. Then drop the heater in and out of the bowl. @Carlos8400 I've had no problems with glass sticking when doing this. I couldn't use it any other way - it's too long a heat up time to start from cold each time I want to use it. Not to say it's never gonna happen to me - I may just be lucky so far!

Here's a pic of my 18f/f+hydrafoot combo... serves me well!

hX3cbTA.jpg

Alexis

Easy! A big thanks to @Carlos8400 and @Alan Partridge for your wisdom and ideas, and I love your scientific methodology Carlos for exploring the various options in a very controlled way- i cant be as clear and objective as you, I will need to use your reports as a reference and reminder.

And sure thing Alan, I am wanting to get a bigger tube. Just havent rushed to it yet, the priority has been ascertaning how my sensitive lungs will handle the Ti first. Not as well as I had hoped but deep down I knew the Ti would probably be equivalent to the XL on higher temps, at practically any temp (on Ti).

But the bigger tube may help here surel. I actually wanted to get one for my XL since a long time ago, but have been excitedly looking at an upgrade for a while so have kept it on hold.

So even if I decide the Ti is not going to work for me, I may wait until I have tried it with a bigger tube first.
I have ordered the Arizer basket screens!:clap:
I cleaned my bowl in soapy water today. I actually got the screen back in a little flatter, I really think the screen should be a little wider, so that it sits gripped and concave slightly in the bowl, with more pressure to keep it flush against the sides of the bowl, even if the dimples are too far above (IMO) to hold it neatly in place like the XL design.

Im still bemused why Sebastien didnt just go for the exact same design here. I really dont want to stir my load at all, so much stuff falls down the side.

I did put hemp fiber under the screen yesterday.
Back to what you were saying about this topic @biohacker , I have honestly never noticed a correlation between lung irritation and respiratory symptoms, and finer ground material towards the end of a load.
It is no worse if I start the day by finishing an large unfinished load crumbled down really fine, than if I start the day with a fresh new chunky coarse ground load, no dust at all. Never noticed a problem with the fine crumbled abv. The fresh loads are worse actually for my allergies, since it is the actives etc that I am allergic to, which are lower in the unfinished loads.

I am not disgreeing, just intrigued and Im listening bro so please keep the wisdom coming!:tup:

So I finally can attempt another experiment today- I have the Ti pre- heated on 5 in the bowl. I will drop a smaller load, maybe 0.075 in and see what happens.

Oh yes- I did actually find the free green grinder in my box today- hiding under the polystyrene!
Enjoy your Saturdays everyone.:)

Last edited:

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
My screen sits PERFECTLY in the bowl, gripped and concave like you said above, nothing falls down and the screen stay in position 100%, Alexis have you tried changing the screen for a new one? Maybe you have a defective screen. Really strange man.
PS if the vapor is too strong for you try to use an HARD percolator bong like the one im using: https://www.weed-star.com/product_info.php?products_id=1710 , the vapor comes still super tasty and really smooth, full of f...ing medication ^_^ , im thining about to buy this piece next: https://www.weed-star.com/product_info.php?products_id=1716 looks fantastic.

With the bong im using i had to take a little adaptor (double 18.8mm female) and the bowl is RIGHT in front of my eyes when i vape, its super, i can have real time info about the extraction, is just amazing.

I'm here writing this post to say "thank you guys", cause this forum made me discover a new world, a new way (healtier, economic, FUN) to do what i like more.
I have read this thread from the start and tried to use everyone's experience to make my choice, and i did the right one!
So thank you again guys =)

Have a nice sunday

Just a last little question guys: I prefere to ask here cause i know that you are Herbo TI user, can you tell me a good portable vaporizer? That have the same OR at least near the Herbo TI power?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pustupillo

The Don_Key
:uhoh:

I kinda hate the idea of a flame powered vapo, im searching for a battery one. i would like to buy one for my girlfirend cause she tried my herbo ti and got her fucking in love with vaporizing :clap::love:

I wanna buy a second Herbo ti for her BUT she prefere a portable one :bang:

i found out the pax 3 and looks quite cool, 10 years warranty also.

PS today i tried my TI with an ammount of herb that wasnt enough to cover the screen 100% (MAX 0.1) at temp 6 and i still get really well medicated, all in one pure breath and a second little one already popcorned.
Amazing how well you can microdose with a vaporizer...just amazing

Alexis

@biohacker , do your ears hear music?;):nod:

Pustupillo, great reports of happiness and satisfsction! And thanks again to yourself and others for helping and sharing ideas.
Has there been one dissatisgied Ti owner yet?
If you discount me due to allergies and sensitive lungs, then "no" is the answer!

And belive me, I would be very happy with it if it wasnt for my tolerance issues.

Still analysing data but will have more clarity soon. Happy sundays!:tup:

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream

I kinda hate the idea of a flame powered vapo, im searching for a battery one. i would like to buy one for my girlfirend cause she tried my herbo ti and got her fucking in love with vaporizing :clap::love:

PS today i tried my TI with an ammount of herb that wasnt enough to cover the screen 100% (MAX 0.1) at temp 6 and i still get really well medicated, all in one pure breath and a second little one already popcorned.

Really glad you are enjoying you Herbo! I can't wait to try mine out :brow:

As for portables, I have personally narrowed it down to the Solo 2 and the mighty. I think I will personally choose the Solo 2 since I read that it was better on material + you can drag out a session for 10-20 minutes. Whereas the mighty extract faster but also makes you go through a lot more material easily.

I think I will be using the TI when I want quick and easy 1 hit extractions. But when I am relaxing and wabt to drag out a session I would rather use the solo 2.

Also, i Microdose which apparently the solo 2 is more efficient at than the mighty

Carlos8400

IMO the only portable that can hang with the Ti is the mighty. It's not the smallest, but it really is good.

Don't waste your time with the Vapcap, it's not worth it.

Vapelife13

Cloud chaser
IMO the only portable that can hang with the Ti is the mighty. It's not the smallest, but it really is good.

Don't waste your time with the Vapcap, it's not worth it.

For me also the Vapcap was nothing. And only the Mighty is in the game with the Ti, but i am also really searching for a better portable than the Mighty. Normally S&B have to bring something new this year!?

latulipe999

The Mighty is the easier portable vaporizer to use, but the vapcap have a better extraction strengh. You only need practice with to beat the learning curve ;)

I use the volcano for teaching vapor to newbies it's very pedagogic and effortless. It's very accurate too, specialy for phytotherapy and cannabinoides choose.

Nothing to compare with the herborizer... :D

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
If you had a Ti, it would make no sens to hit a Vapcap in a water tube, it's not even remotely on the same level!

I probably would. I hate being tied down with corded vaporizers. I want a Flowerpot but then I will need a whole vape station again.

I stuff my vapcap in a big bong and put it in my cabinet. It's fast and stashes away quickly. It extracts incredibly well with the right technique. It took me a while to figure out how to do the bowl in one rip. But the flavor suffers to get those big tokes, thus Im not completely satisfied.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I probably would. I hate being tied down with corded vaporizers.

Same here, I own an XL but I only use it for groups or tasting sessions with fellow growers. With the Omni I can take a huge hit from my bubbler in less than five minutes. I understand the Ti is a different beast and it addressed the big bowl issue but I can't see myself using it as a daily driver.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yesterday I was at VDNM and watched the Herborizer Ti - a really nice one. Smaller than expected and smaller than the heating elements of the Sublimator.

VDNM created and produced an own tight fitting stiched handle sleeve out of real leather - very nice! I mean they want 20 € p.p.
AFATK Sebastien will offer a silicone sleeve for the handle the next weeks. For sure not so nice.
I think I'll make my own handle wrap out of a wet leather ribbon, something like this.

VDNM has an own stand for the heater too. 8,50 €. Base isn't very thick and wide but enough for standing stable. Sebastien will offer an own one the next weeks.

Probably VDNM will offer a promotion introduction discount for the Herborizer Ti during the MJ Con. First they have to speak with Sebastien about this special promotion action.

Their result of testing when comparing the Herb Ti with the Sublimator is:

Both a very heavy hitters but the Herb Ti is less harsh, much smoother.

Efx of the Sublimator are still much more heavy - too heavy for a lot of people - more kick ass esp. when hitting double deckers.

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

Their result of testing when comparing the Herb Ti with the Sublimator is:

Both a very heavy hitters but the Herb Ti is less harsh, much smoother.

Efx of the Sublimator are still much more heavy - too heavy for a lot of people - more kick ass esp. when hitting double deckers.

And the story continues.... i was so sure to get the TI, now i think about the Sub again for peace of mind... i have nice Vapes, i want the one which makes other vapes and smoking seem for lightweights only :evil:

Doktor Dub,

Joaon

The Herborizer Ti, The sublimator and the Flower Pot are certainly high end vaporizers and heavy hitters,
it would be really interesting to be able to test and compare the three side by side!
A lot to learn and discover, and a good session indeed ! :science:

Top Bottom