Herborizer corner

Alexis

Why did you make it protrude again you looking to get the element closer to the herb?
@bleak posted about this many pages ago- he said that the element is supposed to protrude roughly 5 mm below the glass attachment, and that this prevemts hot spots in the load.

In his video, he naver had it sticking out far enough hence some uneven load cooking.
He said all units would now be shipped with an instruction leadlwt about this.
I will look for his post now.
My heater has a blue bit of metal sticking out below the heater, which I dont think I have seen on pictures. It all looks normal otherwise.

Here it is:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herborizer-corner.83/page-41#post-1111679

Here is my heater with the bit sticking out the bottom. I need to adjust it again, it is more than 5 mm protruding now.

I swear I havent seen this bkue bit of metal on any photos though. Maybe it is a slightly different design? @buckhakeesah , is your one like this?

I kept it on setting 8 for over half an hour, sitted in my D2020-D bubbler. The heater is very comfortable to handle actually, but my god was the bubbler warm! Wasnt expecting that.

So it seems to be working anyway. Was a slight smell to begin with, seems to have faded.

biohacker

And adjusted my heater with the alan key so it is about 5mm protruding, as Bleak showed us.

Does the kit include the allen key? Why wouldn't it come properly adjusted to spec?

No instructuons about this however, I thought Bleak said they would be included in with the Ti.

Was supposed to, but maybe there was a delay in printing? I just don't understand why it doesn't come already at the 5mm proper protrusion and why it gets loose with use?

Happy to hear you're all hoovered up and now need to hoover up something proper! Directly into your lungs via Ti! POW!

Carlos8400

Both of mine were delivered with the same setting, which is almost even at the bottom, the center post barely protruding from the big outer element, and neither has come lose with daily use.
It comes with an Allen key, but i have not had to use it.
I would lower the outer portion a bit and stop worrying about it.

The entire heater will turn blue, give it a couple weeks.

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

@bleak posted about this many pages ago- he said that the element is supposed to protrude roughly 5 mm below the glass attachment, and that this prevemts hot spots in the load.

In his video, he naver had it sticking out far enough hence some uneven load cooking.
My heater has a blue bit of metal sticking out below the heater, which I dont think I have seen on pictures. It all looks normal otherwise.

Here it is:

Here is my heater with the bit sticking out the bottom. I need to adjust it again, it is more than 5 mm protruding now.

I swear I havent seen this bkue bit of metal on any photos though. Maybe it is a slightly different design? @buckhakeesah , is your one like this?

I kept it on setting 8 for over half an hour, sitted in my D2020-D bubbler. The heater is very comfortable to handle actually, but my god was the bubbler warm! Wasnt expecting that.

So it seems to be working anyway. Was a slight smell to begin with, seems to have faded.
I'll check once i get back home. I only had time to make sure everything arrived safe and sound.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: Alexis

biohacker

Both of mine were delivered with the same setting, which is almost even at the bottom, the center post barely protruding from the big outer element, and neither has come lose with daily use.
It comes with an Allen key, but i have not had to use it.

Sounds like you need to adjust yours? Shouldn't be almost even, but 5mm protrusion? Or you don't see a reason to? Maybe get better performance no?

Carlos8400

Just to be more precise i measured mine, with 5mm from edge of glass to edge of large titanium cylinder i have about 0.4mm of the thinner Ti center post protruding (the blue bit). This is how both of mine were delivered.

I assume the outer portion slides up and down on the central post and is locked in place with a set screw.
Having the center post barely poke out should be good. I doubt being laser precise is a huge deal, it's not like this thing is super high tech...

Also i think there is confusion on what should protrude.
The entire Titanium part should protrude 5 mm from the glass, not the tiny center post from the larger cylinder. When i said "almost even at the bottom" earlier on, i meant both part of the titanium injector, not the titanium and the glass!

Last edited:

Alexis

Thanks for clarifying @Carlos8400 . I knew what you meant, but I doubt it would have had as much meaning if I hadnt inspected in person. You find the correct terminology better than me to make these things clear.
Its just that I dont recall seeing the inner metal part protruding in any pictures so far, that was all.
I ended up adjusting it so that the inner "post" and outer "cylinder" (thanks for the vocab for my caveman brain ;)) are about level. But I could swear the outer cylinder is protruding more than 5 mm. Im not too fussed, but it sounds like the variation could effect the "venturi" effect, and if Seb says 5 mm he has his reasons.

So, getting really agitated earlier, not being able to eat 6 hours after my disaster first meal, just waiting for intestines to process the bad cooked food- I thought fuck it and speedily set up the Ti.
I was in no leisurely mood, just quick dive right in. My primary concern was how well my sensitive lungs will tolerate the Ti. I set it on 4.5 or just above. I loaded up a load just a tad smaller than Bleak's video load. Of durban poison, over 0.1 but less than 0.2 (good guess).
Here was my tidied work space and a little glimpse in to my world tonight- notice the dusting cloth drying behind:

I never thought it out, how these "clutter bubblers" would offer one solution!
Heat up time of over 5 mins, dropped on bowl and...GO!

I was bemused- I was expecting some cloudage, but saw no visible vapor, very thin at least.
I took several draws, seeing little. But my exhales were visible under the light. Nothing like the XL though, which is like visible white vapor in dim lighting.

The bud looked very green still, but I did get some lovely taste and subtle effect, so ckean almost unnoticeable. I thought something must not be right. That is when I adjusted the heater with allen key to inner post level.
I raised temp to 5. I still got no real visible clouds, but my exhales were mote visible under light. In hindsight, I think I took lots of actives on 4.5, with a delayed effect.
The satuva Durban does give very light vapor though. My White Widow indica is thick and dense.

So I proceeded through the load, felt I was missing something. The taste was lovely- right to the end I could still taste the Durban. I paused. I felt the effect, but I still felt so clear and clean headed. It was like the Aromed- a creeper high. It came on so suddenly and cleanly, like a hallucinogen come up- but a delayed effect. It was an amazing buzz! Like a proper vaporizer high.

I stirred the load and raised to 6 to finish. Still no visible vapor, but I could still taste it. The load (virtually spent) quickly went dark brown. I didnt know how far to take it. Visual drop off and taste are the normal inducators, but poor lighting and low visible vapor from beginning, plus lasting flavour made it unclear.

After the initial rounds, and when the effect first came on- my chest felt really good. Better than normal. But I think 6 was too much aggravation even with no real vapor- just the heat possibly.
And it has bothered my allergies- very similar to the XL on setting 8, which is also 210°C interestingly. More or less the same temp dependent lung irritation.

200°C is my max tolerance on XL. I just need to approach it right from the start now, more trials. These things are more complicated for me due to the whole allergy business, so my own reports are irrelevant for most, while I find my feet.

I did love the clean, uplifting relaxing effect. I was in no hurry for more, but couldnt wait either.:lol: . Honestly, I want to use it again. Could be very more-ish.
@biohacker , dont draw much from this- Im an unusual fish that most shoes dont fit (true in fact, size 12-13 feet, wide front right!)

Im gonna have to keep the temp lower. Diff strain, bigger load? We'll see. One thing- it is a different vapor to the XL- better quality. It is so smooth at reaching the bloodstream undetected, then BHAM in an instant. Nice too.
More to come folks!

Last edited:

biohacker

Thanks for reporting Alexis! My initial concern is that the bubbler is way too small for my tastes, and will more than likely be sold. I also have some concerns about my usage and having a "desktop device" as I find cords, etc. somewhat of a pain, but we'll see. It's been a while since I haven't been cord free. Is that a silicone sleeve built in on the handle of the injector?

I too think you may need to either increase your load size at the lower temp, or increase your temp in order to get the vapour density you need. Or maybe pull slower? You also have way too much water in the bubbler IMO!

Looking forward to your next usage and report! Thanks again bro! I will have mine today! I hope I don't break it already without using it! :rofl: I'm already getting second thoughts and doubts that it was the right decision to buy, i've never purchased a vape with such impulse before, but i'm a deals guy, and just couldn't turn down the deal. Worst case, someone else will get a mint new condition Herbo Ti for a good deal too. Not a big deal, and VAS is half the fun of it, so just having it in my hands and getting those anticipation feelings is worth it. And who knows, maybe i'll love it?

I thought the bubbler would be more like the RooR vapor bubbler glass piece....THAT'S the water tool I NEED! Sadly, so elusive and impossible to find, especially for a respectable price. Pretty sure they are not made at all anymore. I love the style, size, and quality.

Alexis

Is that a silicone sleeve built in on the handle of the injector?
Not at all man, just dim lighting. It is just the metal handle, but so far it didnt get too hot to touch at all without silicone or high temp orings like Carlos uses.
Im sure it might rise a bit on higher temps for long periods, but even when I did my burn off on 8, the bubbler it sat in was HOT- never touched a glass tool that warm before!
But the handle was stil very easy to hold.

Yes Im sure I need a bigger load and like I say, the durban is a very light cloud producer but still good weed and works a treat, just different vapor and actives. It is a real clear headed high too, maybe not the best strain to test a vape out first.

And Im sure by the time I raised to 5, I had taken some actives out invisbly despite the herb being green.

My biggest issue with the design so far is the way the screen sits in the bowl. It is very loose and uneven. The dimples that keep it in place are not like the XL. They are so far above the screen line it has too much room for movement and is not pinned down like the XL bowl.

The screen came quite bent and uneven, and this is because on my trial, it is very awkward to push the screen down below the dimples and get it seated WITHOUT bending it up in the process with repeated tinkering.
As a result, a lot of material fell into the bubbler, I think I stirred it at one point- I will do this over my hand next tine to catch bits. See below:

I may try a bigger screen and bend it down to seal better and stay in place.
I really like the solidity of the screen setting in the XL- never need to worry about bits falling down the side, and Im surpised this bowl wasnt designed the same way.

I just noticed something else- this is the bubbler I used to burn off and rest the injector:

You see the browning in the joint? That wasnt like that at all yesterday. It appears to be directly from the heat from glass on glass. It did get VERY hot on burnoff. Strange though still. This is like the stuff the boys have on their bowls, I also have on my XL bowl, it mist be simply a heat issue rather than oil, dirt or grime.

So yeah we will have to see with more testing. I also did begin to wonder Biohacker if this vape is for you as it seems microdosing on low temps is very unlikely to work for big hit extraction. But you can surely handle 6 so it might work fine. Or like you say, you might like it so much regardless, due to the quality of the effect and the different experience it offers. Hope so. Either way, it will be an easy sell on and get all your money back at the least from some fortunate Canadian (or a South African possibly ;)).

I am not worried myself inmthat sense. This will sound bad, but if it doesnt work for my allergies I will probable be looking to make a little earner on it, now that I can offer the enail part too! But why not? I lost money on all my last vape sell ons (not many- an old friend still owes me the agreed £160 for my £411 Verdamper I parted with last May).

But I REALLY want this vape to work for me, possibly not as a cloud machine though?
Yes I put more water in the bubbler for cooling. I dont like the XL in the D2020-D- too hot, not enough water depth.
I didnt think it would effect vapor production, but maybe?
Let us know what you find in your box later bro and initial impressions.:tup:

Last edited:

biohacker

Thanks again mate, really appreciate you taking the time to post including your pics. I'm kinda not digging it as much as before. That screen issue would drive me insane, as I LOVED the XL bowl design dimples! Those screens were locked in SOLID. Shame they made the change....screens like that will definitely be a thorn in my side. I'm actually starting to think i'll sell mine without even using it. I may test the heatup etc and check out the bubbler, but not going to actually put any herb in it. The browning of the joint is a big issue for me too, and i've seen this just from "heat" before as you say (with Arizer EQ bowls) and not just resin/oils. I don't wanna muck up all my new glass pieces! I also think that the convective design of this device may not agree with my lungs the same as the VHW didn't. I still don't think anything will be better for me than the Supreme, and now with the Solo II my portability need has been met. I think you could very well make money on your deal, but honestly i'd just be happy with my money back without loss, or even a small loss would be acceptable. I actually hope to like the bubbler, so maybe would just keep it, but again it's probably too small and not enough diffusion for my sensitive lungs.

This has all been such a trip! Probably most of the fun in it and killing time with anticipation and roller coaster dopamine swings! I'm really starting to think that a desktop and anything corded is just not for me. I do have a new E-nano now, and i've had a couple before, but it's built like a tank and the gong's are SOLID, so no real fears of breaking, like I do have with the Herbo Ti. Especially without a stand for the injector!

I'll report back once it's in my hands! Keep on keeping on with it dude and keep on sharing! You're helping me shape my opinions very much, even though I have these preconceived notions now! lol You know me so well already dude, and my style, so thanks for sharing and continuing to help me out on this journey, you are probably right that it isn't for me. And i've yet to see any videos of satisfying microdosing with less than .1g and large clouds. I feel like it will be too hot for my satisfaction level of cloudage and irritate too much. I'm more of a convection/conduction/radiant vaporist, and not much for pure 100% convection. Think I may have made a mistake with this one, even though many love it. I just have that feeling. Plus i'm quite impatient, with heatups and such, and have 2 Crafty's to sell as well as 2 mins is too long! :lol: The new Solo II takes only 20sec in comparison! Another reason why I liked the Grasshopper when it worked, if only it was reliable, then i'd use the money for a couple of those again.

biohacker,

MrMonss

Put off to read long messages not in my native language, however actually the handle seems to have been changed, can you Alexis show us a fairly accurate picture if this handful ?
At 8 mine is clearly to hot to hold it more than 10 seconds.
For your D020D i have exactly the same coloring because of the heat, as I use it the same way as you, as an injector holder.

No related but this is what any herbo TI user will need :
rBVaEVgIOlOAPf7tAAJAfUH_dFM277.jpg

Carlos8400

- The screen situation is a "user error", it is pretty easy to get it in flat once you have it figured out, If it goes in crooked you can flatten it once in using 2 pokers, or a pencil on each side.

- I kinda want to say the same about the browning. Just don't keep your injector in your bong for long and you won't have any staining there. Yes the top of the bowl will get stained, but that's it.
I always use the bong joint as a stand, but never longer than the 10 seconds it takes to load and i don't have any stain there after 4 months.

- Now regarding weak vapour, all i can think of is that you didn't let it warm long enough. My handle is too warm to touch after 5 minutes on 5. And i can barely touch the sides of the bowl by that point.
If you got weak vapour and had a cool handle it sounds like it wasn't warm enough.
Also, let it warm up on the bowl, it works much better that way.
If you want to use it without warming up the bowl (convection), you need to raise the temp to make up for the fact that there isn't any conduction.

- You guys need to stop looking for issues and use that damn thing!

Last edited:

Alexis

Put off to read long messages not in my native language, however actually the handle seems to have been changed, can you Alexis show us a fairly accurate picture if this handful ?
At 8 mine is clearly to hot to hold it more than 10 seconds.
For your D020D i have exactly the same coloring because of the heat, as I use it the same way as you, as an injector holder.

No related but this is what any herbo TI user will need :
rBVaEVgIOlOAPf7tAAJAfUH_dFM277.jpg
Thanks Mr Monss, your input is always very appreciated. Sorry for the long posts as well. I will get you a photo of the handle later. Right now I see no real need for the silicone sleeve.
When I bought my XL in 2015, I discovered a year kater that my injector was faulty, when I used a friend's model. It wasnr producing clouds loke it should. I sent it back to VDNN and they replaced it.

So there is always the possibility of a malfunctioning heater. But as the bubbler got SO hot, it must be working properly surely.

biohacker

I'm looking forward to checking out the screen and difficulty of placement so i'll see shortly. Thanks for giving me hope! You're right about the staining, i'll be warming up the injector on the bowl, and don't care if the bowl stains. But just more reason that Seb really needs to get on the ball with the injector stand, I wonder what the hold up is? It's not rocket science.

Alexis I just re-calculated what the device cost me and I think you're right about profiting off of it now! Wow! I think I got it for about $100usd less than what it retails for now, and LaCentrale now has it for the same price as the Herborizer site! I'm sure they would give a 10% or so discount now, but bottom line is that i'm relieved that I won't lose any money, which was a huge reason I even pulled the trigger on it in the first place.

I'll see what I think of its ergonomics and "feel" and first impressions before I decide to sell it unused or keep it until my break is over to actually test drive.

biohacker,

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Alexis - you need to flatten that screen out mate. Hot air is going around your herb, rather than through it. Flatten it out and report back :)

Re the protruding heater- mine is perfectly level, I haven't even taken the glass off it yet, mine came like that. With that bit sticking out your gonna have less headroom.

No one going for the tube? It's now my favourite bit of glass ever. I have a FC Mod, FC 1000, FC 187 and a few other pieces and nothing compares to the tube+Ti combo. I would recommend anyone to try a similar shaped bit of glass at least once, real game changer for me.

I have also been stirring after every hit nowadays. The extraction is quick so not such a big deal, and the vapour quality is so good I don't mind anymore.

I just realised I missed a few posts before typing this but Carlos has it all covered

verdampersweats

I like the loose screen as long as you pack it right on the XL it emptys really easy normally i just flip and shake shake shake ah yes there pops the screen and the avb shake shake and now refill.

I really hate the tight screen scratching the glass this is why i am waiting using my XL until Seb produces the stand and glass version of the gauze. @biohacker i think the reason for this is he might be overwhelmed is he maybe a one man operation? Maybe if all you buggers stopped buying them up and gave the poor man a chance to get some accesories made hrhr? :)

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
After some shippong issues I have received my tracking! Should be arriving sometime tomorrow evening.

I kind of regret not purchasing the herborizrr bubbler... @biohacker if you decide to throw it on classifieds let me know and I'll be more then happy to take it out of your hands. :)

Now.. time to wait! Should be picking up some new strains today so I will be able to do a thorough testing of the TI tomorrow :brow:

Also, I purchased the 18mm system to from lacentralvapeur and 100% recommend their company simply for their awesome customer service!

biohacker

I kind of regret not purchasing the herborizrr bubbler... @biohacker if you decide to throw it on classifieds let me know and I'll be more then happy to take it out of your hands. :)

Awesome! I should be able to let you know later today. I'm pretty certain i'll know right away whether the bubbler is for me or not just based on its size, so may not even need to put water in it! Shame you sold your Dhgate piece already, could have worked that in ;) I'll let you know.

Yes LaCentraleV has impressed me like no other!!!! Huge shout out to them! And I haven't even received my Herbo yet, if I get the enail attachment too :o:rockon:

Alexis

Thanks to you all for your inputs, showong real fc community spirit here. I do like his thread for sure, very open and friendly.
Be patient Carlos. I am a freak with new vapes due to my health issues. It is alot harder for me to find a narrower "sweet spot" and I am limited in how much I can vape sue to herb supply and allergies. Im really not looking for faults with it or puttong it down as a vape, no mattr what my own experience is.
If I didnt have these issues it would be all different. I would have run a half dozen bowls by now, tried everything out and Im sure I would be happy.

I do feel very relaxed today. I only had he Ti load at 11 pm, then a small edible dose to help my indigestiin so I could eat again. I was up til 6 am, had one Omnivap load before bed and today I feel so relaxed and in no hurry to get stoned like I usually am.

The Ti had a very powerful and pleasant medicating effect on me just that dabble.

Thanks also @Alan Partridge . Yes my screen is bent and needs flattening. I do plan to get a tube of dhgate or Blackleaf, one with ice notches for extra cooling. Your reports encourage me all the more.

I just put the heater on 5 for 20 minutes to test handle heat. Still very comfortable to touch. Eother it is a newer design, or something is amiss.
Here is a photo @MrMonss :

@buckhakeesah and others who get new units this week- please can you check the heat in your handles on setting 5 and see if it is too hot to handle.

Again, while the handle is not too warm to hold, the bubbler in the photo is very warm, hot even.
So maybe Seb has modified the heater handle to be cooler?

buckhakeesah

Thanks to you all for your inputs, showong real fc community spirit here. I do like his thread for sure, very open and friendly.
Be patient Carlos. I am a freak with new vapes due to my health issues. It is alot harder for me to find a narrower "sweet spot" and I am limited in how much I can vape sue to herb supply and allergies. Im really not looking for faults with it or puttong it down as a vape, no mattr what my own experience is.
If I didnt have these issues it would be all different. I would have run a half dozen bowls by now, tried everything out and Im sure I would be happy.

I do feel very relaxed today. I only had he Ti load at 11 pm, then a small edible dose to help my indigestiin so I could eat again. I was up til 6 am, had one Omnivap load before bed and today I feel so relaxed and in no hurry to get stoned like I usually am.

The Ti had a very powerful and pleasant medicating effect on me just that dabble.

Thanks also @Alan Partridge . Yes my screen is bent and needs flattening. I do plan to get a tube of dhgate or Blackleaf, one with ice notches for extra cooling. Your reports encourage me all the more.

I just put the heater on 5 for 20 minutes to test handle heat. Still very comfortable to touch. Eother it is a newer design, or something is amiss.
Here is a photo @MrMonss :

@buckhakeesah and others who get new units this week- please can you check the heat in your handles on setting 5 and see if it is too hot to handle.

Again, while the handle is not too warm to hold, the bubbler in the photo is very warm, hot even.
So maybe Seb has modified the heater handle to be cooler?
I'm heating her up for you right now.

buckhakeesah

Here it is:

Mine is not blue, mine is silver in color like the rest of the Ti. Maybe yours was heated prior to shipping for testing coloring the Ti or starting the patina process? Just a guess.

buckhakeesah,
Top Bottom